Eldorion
Saradoc
Pettytyrant101
Ringdrotten
leelee
35 posters

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

Just...................whatever - Page 3 Empty Re: Just...................whatever

Post by Saradoc Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:03 pm

Do you have admin access to the archive forum? If so, and you may have already done this as you area pretty intelligent person, you could just send out an email to every member telling them about what's happened. I'm pretty sure PHPBB has a tool for that, and it would not be considered spam as they have already signed up- albeit a long time ago in some cases! I remember some of the old members, Chris especially...don't know why, maybe because it is such an easy name to remember!

Very Happy

King Arthur: The Lady of the Lake, her arm clad in the purest shimmering samite, held aloft Excalibur from the bosom of the water, signifying by divine providence that I, Arthur, was to carry Excalibur. That is why I am your king.

Dennis the Peasant: Listen. Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.
Saradoc
Saradoc
Ringwinner

Back to top Go down

Just...................whatever - Page 3 Empty Re: Just...................whatever

Post by Eldorion Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:17 pm

I don't have admin access to the archive forum since it's on Taz's webspace and he put it together for us, although I do have a copy of the database saved to my hard drive. Between Petty and myself and a few other people we were able to find e-mail addresses for a lot of the regulars, but I might ask Taz about mass e-mails sometime, since I miss a lot of the old folks. Smile
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Just...................whatever - Page 3 Empty just whatever

Post by leelee Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:57 am

e.
Well , now that you have you dear stuff back, I am happy for you and will say goodbye

Thanks for sharing some of who you are, your honesty is good and will take you far. I can only imagine how many will come and join you when they see all the fabulous threads and read the wit and humour and intelligence all blended in to make a lovely tapestry.
Orwell, Petty, you were forthright and said some things. I was only letting you into my world,. a tiny bit. I belong to a sort of fellowship if you like and yes we work with those on the street and YES we share our experiences , weekly, not because we, or I especially think we are anything. We share because the need is so terrible and great and we were taught by those that came before us to take whatever chances we have of sharing exactly what we do, because then maybe someone else who never gave it a thought might. I went to a small meeting once where some guys from Hawaii told in detail all they did and it was that precise meeting that gave me the courage to go out on the street. Before that i gave what I could in funds,but I was cowardly. But because of their detailed story I felt maybe I could do it. igave up a hundred times but by then it was too late. And Jesus would have talked about that or anything he felt like because He is Him and pure and there is no conceit in him The apostle Paul talked in detail of how he suffered for the brethern and it was to stir them to good works. I am sorry from my heart if I gave you any other impression, because in the big scope of things I am less than a speck. I was just sharing my world. I could say some things as well, but I believe the longer you get to know someone the clearer the landscape gets and it is only then you judge.
At any rate, I am proud of each of you that I was priveleged to meet and whenever I meet anyone with appreciation of things you appreciate and loves your style of humour and comradeship I will heartily endorse you.
So, thank you so very much for allowing me the privelege of coming to your site, I hope all the dear ones you have lost come back, it hurts my heart to think any could be lost.
leelee
leelee
Free-est Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:04 am

I'm sorry to see you go, leelee, but of course you should do what feels right to you. I hope that we haven't made you feel unwelcome. We don't sugarcoat things but I think there is a level of unvarnished and genuine affection underlying our community. Thank you again for talking to Taz about the old posts and I'll look for you on my ventures back to PT. Smile
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinuviel Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:53 pm

Farewell Leelee! Safe travels! don't be a stranger!

But on another note, tuesday was my 16,000 birthday (quite a big deal!) And for my birthday, my siblings decorated my basement like Middle Earth! It was very cute!
Then yesterday, I went to go see ROTK EE, and it was magnificent on the big screen! You can see people's faces so much better!
In the beginning, PJ talked about how he compared the charge of the Rohirrim at Pelannor was how he pictured the battle of Waterlou (I think that's what it was called Question ) Where the french had 6,000 men on horses.

Just...................whatever - Page 3 Tumblr_ndsrspapRL1qlqsnio3_500
Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:10 pm

I was disappointed at how brief PJ's message at the start of FOTR was, but I thought his messages for TTT and ROTK were interesting, and his wanting to emulate the Battle of Waterloo wasn't something I remembered from the documentary features (though I haven't watched all of them). Smile And, of course, the films looked better than they ever have, remastered and on the big screen. cheers
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Saradoc Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:44 pm

Ah...if only I lived in America... Mad But of course the documentary features are around four million hours long (give and take) so it wouldn't surprising if you missed anything! But saying that I found most of them extremely interesting, but the documentary on the cast filming was definitely the best. The Weta one gets a little boring, for sure!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TINUVIEL! Hope you had a great time! Middle Earth basement? That is sooo cool!

(Oh, and btw Eldo, y'know if you had the database (which you do you could just throw up a forum and import the database and then send the emails explaining!)

Oh, and travel safe Leelee!

King Arthur: The Lady of the Lake, her arm clad in the purest shimmering samite, held aloft Excalibur from the bosom of the water, signifying by divine providence that I, Arthur, was to carry Excalibur. That is why I am your king.

Dennis the Peasant: Listen. Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.
Saradoc
Saradoc
Ringwinner

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:09 pm

We missed your birthday Tin?! Shocked
Now I know you ladies are a bit reticent about your age and all but is your birthday a secret? I never noticed it in the members with a birthday bit at the bottom. How am I supposed to organize the buckie and the band in time?
And its not like its just anyones birthday, its the Queen of Forumshireshires birthday! That should have got its own thread and bunting.
Oh well, always next year.

Happy Birthday Tin. I hope this year brings you everything you wish.

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinuviel Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:21 pm

it was a very Happy Birthday indeed! I would've said something, if I had had the time! But I'll stilll throw a party regardless!!!!!!!
I love parties!

Just...................whatever - Page 3 Tumblr_ndsrspapRL1qlqsnio3_500
Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:16 pm

Happy birthday, Your Majesty! cheers
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Baingil Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:08 am

Happy belated birthday! Very Happy
Baingil
Baingil
Guest of Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:33 pm

Congratulations, Tin, and farewell, leelee!

Well, I have travelled there and back again. Perhaps it is time for an explanation! I applied for a school run by the Norwegian Army (don't worry, it's not about shouting and yelling and all that stereotype army stuff). It's an education paid for by the Army (I even get paid for studying there). The thing is, to be accepted there you need good grades from school, but you also have to pass a series of tests. So for three weeks now I've been tried and tested in everything, physically and mentally. And I've been accepted! This means I'll be rather busy over the next couple of years, but fear not - I'll stick around and post whenever I can Smile

Just...................whatever - Page 3 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:20 pm

You can't fool me Ringdrotten- its all about the Herring I read about it in the paper so must be true. (But seriously well done on your acceptance! Whats the buckie rules like at this school?)
And welcome back, not been the same without you. (Not that I am blatantly advertising or anything, but I am, a hobbit has to earn his buckie, but I beleive in your Herring hunting escapade you missed an issue of the NotP and at least 2, possibly 3 issues of the DP. Should bring you up to speed with some of the astonishing goings on over at the Dark Planet-not good at all Mad )

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:05 pm

I'll definitely have to catch up on the newspaper front Very Happy I'll have plenty of time to do it now too, as I am in no condition to do anything else than relax at the moment Laughing The next couple of days will be reserved for Forumshire and possibly some gaming (if I can get hold of a copy of L.A. Noire). And thanks Smile

Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:46 am

Congratulations, Ringdrotten! I've always had a soft spot for programs like that, probably because my parents never would have met (at Uni) if not for the American version of that program. Razz Awesome job. Very Happy
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Saradoc Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:01 pm

Congratulations! I don't think any program would ever pay me to study- well done!

Saradoc
Saradoc
Ringwinner

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:03 pm

Thanks guys Very Happy

Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:26 pm

I wouldn't study if they paid me. Very Happy

Orwell
Dark Presence with Gilt Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by janesmith Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:52 pm

Study should be about life enrichment, Orwell. As I say to all the little ones in my care, an open mind is an open heart:-Jane
janesmith
janesmith
Mother Superior: Our Lady of the Anklelength Frock

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:26 pm

Wow, Jane, that's some look for the Mother Superior to be having. Shocked Laughing
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:47 pm

Grattis og lukke til, Ringdrotten! Very Happy

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:15 pm

"Wow, Jane, that's some look for the Mother Superior to be having."-Eldo

Thats the effect of that Maypole dancing class! Shocked The NotP were right again!

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:11 pm

Amarië wrote:Grattis og lukke til, Ringdrotten! Very Happy

Takk, takk Very Happy

Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by odo banks Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:26 am

Oh you people! Jane you're not to help, either. What you meant was: "We have started 'Reflections", which, as everyone knows, is a "Study in Advanced Respectability." It's not for children. It's for more for adult souls - think of naked souls, naked bodies shown clean and fresh, with flowers and scented water, and pure thoughts. It requires great restraint and is not for everyone - and it's actual Teachings are Secret, in case vulgar types think it's an excuse for stripping off and... err.. for.. err... an excuse for thinking inappropriate things... Oh Jane, sometimes your English usage is poor, though I suppose if your native tongue is the Skattykatzenfjordian dialect of Fjordianlandia (Norway, to the English), one must make some allowance... Rolling Eyes

Respectable Hobbit of Needlehole

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:08 am

Saturday today, but Monday for me as my 5 day week always start Saturday. My Saturday, Sunday are Thursday, Friday.
Is there a song i dont like Saturdays Question I do like Saturday nights cos footballs on, well will be next month when the season starts.
C'mon City. (man city) bounce bounce bounce
chris63
chris63
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum