halfwise
Eldorion
Orwell
12 posters

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

All New Who - Page 35 Empty Re: All New Who

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:32 pm

All I'm interested is, when is "Who" on, Is Capaldi still the Dr & shut the feck up so I can watch it- Azriel

{{Demographically that puts you smack bang in the middle of being a normal Who viewer! study And was my entire point all in one! Nod

And the answer to your questions are December the 25th (new series most likely starting Easter weekend next year), YES!!!! cheers and don't worry I never talk during an episode, to busy enjoying. Nod Its just afterwards I never shut up Twisted Evil }}

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:46 pm

{{If you have access to the BBCi-player there is currently an entire 4 part BiG Finish 5th Doctor story Fanfare for the Common Man available.

Heres the synopsis, in spoilers incase you just want to jump in blind -

Spoiler:

And heres where you will find the episodes- }}

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b009szrh/episodes/player

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:43 pm

Thumbs Up

All New Who - Page 35 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

All New Who - Page 35 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:44 pm

A man that talks afterwards ? Now there's a change......

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:12 pm

{{Its all the apologising! Mad }}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:43 am

Pettytyrant101 wrote:{{Again its all anecdotal Figg. The AI figures for series 9 do not show this- only one episode, Sleep No More fell Below 80 (78- still makes the 'Good' bracket) the majority got 84 or 83 with a couple of 82's rounding it out.

According to the BBC's own internal guidelines- 'an AI of over 80 is to be considered as Very Good. 85 or over is to be considered Excellent, over 90 is Exceptional, 60 or less is Poor, and less than 55 is Very Poor.'

The average AI for drama last year on the BBC is 84- so Who is in there with what the BBC themselves consider the best of their drama in terms of audience appreciation and enjoyment.

As I said above the majority of those who watch an episode enjoy what they see. Based on the figures available for viewing ratings from BARB and for AI from the BBC}}}

figures are not proof. whereas people telling you how they feel is proof. figures can be manipulated, peoples opinions are not.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Nov 17, 2016 6:40 am

figures are not proof- Figg

{{Um yeah, they kind of are- thats sort of the point of the BBC gathering in all this information- so they have a better idea of what is going on based on actual evidence rather than pure guess work.
Whereas people telling you how they feel is proof of nothing save how those individuals happen to feel- there is no way to measure from that what possible percentage of the overall audience they are- hence the AI ratings, hence the viewer ratings, hence in fact tv episode reviewers exist- and by all those objective measures Who is doing just fine.

I know your hatred of all things Moffat means you want to believe his entire time on the show has been a terrible disaster rather than the most successful period in the shows 53 year history- but it has been an overall successful- largest ever audience globally- big episodes getting released in cinemas for special screenings- show is on in more territories worldwide than ever before - high critical acclaim. Not to mention creating some new iconic moments and characters like the Weeping Angels or the War Doctor and given us two of the best actors to play the Doctor in Smith and Capaldi. And all the stats back that up.

A small but vocal minority of moaning minnies does not change the stats. }}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Thu Nov 17, 2016 7:18 am

Moffat did not invent the internet, youtube, filesharing, twittfaceogram, livejournal, ff.net, etc etc etc. Based on your logic oldWho is shite because it didn't reach a lot of people.
People are allowed to not like Moffat's Who. AI might show good results for BBC, sure. That doesn't mean everybody in the World must love it.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:47 pm

Based on your logic oldWho is shite because it didn't reach a lot of people.- Amarie

{{How on earth did you end up at that conclusion from what I said?}}

That doesn't mean everybody in the World must love it. - Amarie

{{Or that conclusion!? You are just making this stuff up! I never said that or anything like it nor made any such claim. All I am claiming is that currently Who has decent viewing figures in comparison with current competition and that the AI ratings are also decent (and the fact the audience remains consistent indicating people come back to watch the show next week too) shows the majority of the audience do like what they see or they would not keep coming back or record AI's over 80. And that this concords also with the general critical reception from the press too. And with its increased popularity overseas.
That it has lost 1 and 1/2 million viewers in the UK over a 13 year period (and thats a fall less than the average fall for drama over that period, or in fact all TV - last xmas being the first time in the UK none of the channels broke 10million viewers for anything) is not the major catastrophe some elements of the fandom who seem to wish the show would fail and do terribly for some reason would like to make it out to be, not when the entire context is taken into account.}}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Nov 17, 2016 4:10 pm

'Doctor Who writer Steven Moffat has said the latest series of the show remains a hit {{this was series 8-9 did better}}, despite a perceived fall in television audiences.

"There is no drop-off in the ratings," he said, arguing that more people were watching the show on catch-up services.

Overnight ratings suggested Peter Capaldi's season finale attracted 5.45 million viewers on average, compared with 6.8 million for his first episode.

The final ratings always rise once catch-up views are included.

The final consolidated figure for Capaldi's first full episode rose to 9.2 million once those audiences were counted.

The consolidated figure for the series finale is yet to be released. {{{It ended up at 8.27}}

Moffat told an audience at the Royal Television Society that iPlayer viewing had "tripled" in the last few years, and that Capaldi's first series as the Doctor had led to a 30% increase in viewers on BBC America in the US.

Figures from ratings agency Barb bear out his assertion. Once catch-up services are included, consolidated viewing figures show an average increase of 39% on the overnight ratings.

As a result, the first 11 episodes of recent series averaged 7.35 million viewers. That compares with 7.45 million for the previous series and 6.98 million for the one before that.'

{{And if its because its Moffat saying it you don't believe it-}}

'BBC director of television Danny Cohen said: "Doctor Who is a great example of the way audience viewing habits are changing. On-demand viewing via iPlayer and recorded viewing mean that the total audience for programmes now grows very significantly from the initial live audience.

"In this new world, we only know the total viewing for a programme after 30 days - and in the case of Doctor Who this means that the drama is performing exceptionally well."

{{So there you have it from the horses mouth- the Director of Television at the BBC says the show is 'performing exceptionally well.'  And that was before they went and did series 9 which did even better!}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Nov 17, 2016 5:13 pm

yeah King Canute said pretty much the same. The Sea is NOT covering my knees, nope.. its NOT going to rise... statistics say it wont. Laughing
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Nov 17, 2016 6:31 pm

{{or some folk will declare black is white (dont use a zebra crossing if Douglas Adams is any guide!) and seem to display an odd desire to claim the show is terrible and everyone hates it contrary to the available evidence. Its like debating with a flat earther. Mad }}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Nov 17, 2016 6:37 pm

Rolling Eyes
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Nov 17, 2016 6:49 pm

{{{{ Mad Handbag }}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Thu Nov 17, 2016 6:54 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:{{{{   Mad  Handbag }}}

Sums it up nicely. Cool

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Thu Nov 17, 2016 7:30 pm

All New Who - Page 35 Betty%20boop_zps3bj4o9nu

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Thu Nov 17, 2016 7:50 pm

And that too! Laughing

-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Thu Nov 17, 2016 7:57 pm

Laughing

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:53 pm

{{Excellent news on two returning writers, one from the past.

First Jamie Mathieson is back- Mummy on the Orient Express and Flatline writer.

And secondly Rona Munro is back, she wrote the final story of classic Who Survival! (return of the cheetah people!!)

And heres what they both had to say about it- }}

'“I’m back baby, and beyond stoked to be once again putting words in the mouths of the TARDIS crew. So what can I tell you? Well, my episode this year is very, very scary. Like, seriously so. ‘Let’s go behind the sofa and just stay there until it’s over’ scary. It’s got more shocks and tense scenes than anything I’ve ever written. And that’s coming from a man who once wrote an episode of My Parents Are Aliens. It’s also a taut thrill ride, a gag fest, a pitch black satire and, for the first time – [notices Steven Moffat approaching with cosh marked ‘no spoilers’] – I’m writing for Bill and Nardole!”- JM

"Writing Survival was my dream job, but it was a mournful time in the show’s history. This has been a very different experience. There’s more of everything; people, resources, confidence, success... but the same constantly renewing and indefinable wonder that is Doctor Who. When I was very small and watching the First Doctor, I had a special cushion known as ‘Rona’s Doctor Whocushion’. I would hide my face in it when the Daleks or other monsters appeared on screen! The Eaters of Light is my version of other stories that have haunted me for almost as long.”- RM

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Fri Nov 18, 2016 6:13 am

Awww! Look at them all excited and stuff. I love you

-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Nov 18, 2016 3:51 pm

{{they are not the only ones bounce Hope Mathieson would be back aagin, he is worth holkdingonto for writing Who, hope he stays after Moffat goes. And I am bit of a closet Survival fan, it was Who's finale classic epiosde but its also inventive, interesting and was the first Who episode, all be it still completely in the sub-text, to tackle gender issues with a main character, companion Ace. So really looking forward to seeing Munro's episode. And the fact that since she wrote Survival she has become a prolific and respected playwright (and another Scot! ).
Her list of plays is quite something and she has won a few awards among them one from the Writers' Guild of Great Britain Award.
'Her film work includes Ken Loach's Ladybird, Ladybird (1994), Oranges and Sunshine (2010) for Jim Loach and Aimée & Jaguar (1999), co-authored by German director Max Färberböck. Her most recent credits include the theatre play Iron which has received many productions worldwide. Other theatre works include plays for the Traverse Theatre Edinburgh, ('Strawberries in January' translation) Manchester Royal Exchange, ('Mary Barton'), Plymouth Drum Theatre and Paines Plough, ('Long Time Dead') and the Royal Shakespeare Company, ('The Indian Boy')'

In other stuff- Moffat talks about the first episode of the new series as a launch episode (which is intgeresting as when he thought last series was the last he was writing he wrote it to have all the pieces left in place (gallifrey back but neatly out the way for use or not as desired by Chibnall, the Doctor with no grief left to get over for a companion and no baggage. Left with the message "be a Doctor' as we see him become the Doctor once more on a fresh start. And xmas wrapped up the remaining Moffat era lose end of River' story.
He had primed it all for a launch restart for Chibnall.

So it doesn't surprise me he has gone with that, but does make me curious if he has teamed up with Chibnall over it, or if he plans a completely self contained single series ending on another soft reset for Chibnal to take over, or if this is in effect the start of the Chibnal era in set up (in which case both 12 and Bill would still be there for Chibnall's first series- so I hope so!) }}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Nov 18, 2016 7:09 pm

Mathieson was good. Flatline is one of my faves, it stands out as being fresh.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Nov 18, 2016 7:22 pm

{{Episode one of Survival- the last story of classic Who starring the 7th Doctor and Ace and a reoccurring foe NuWho fans will know, and the last episode of Who written by Rona Munro prior to her upcoming series 10 episode Eaters of Light.}}

{{You should be able to find the rest of the episodes in the story from there}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Nov 18, 2016 8:17 pm

{{Just saw the xmas ep clip on Children in Need- really enjoyed it- great tone it seems for xmas, looks a lot of fun cheers }}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Nov 18, 2016 8:18 pm

{{Judge for yourselves!}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum