Ally
Ringdrotten
Pettytyrant101
22 posters

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Go down

Sauron in the Hobbit - Page 9 Empty Re: Sauron in the Hobbit

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:23 pm

If they have a full-on WC they cant just have Gandalf going in alone for a reccy, it would be like going out with a whimper rather than a bang, a big build up and then nothing much. I know PJ likes his bang, so I am expecting the mind to be blown away with Wetas new shiny cgi. Mad
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:30 pm

I like Sinister's analysis, especially considering that the core script was developed under GDT when he was planning on directing. He's more interested in suspense and atmosphere than PJ is.

I'm even inclined to believe that GDT's vision is responsible for adding the whole White Council subplot in the first place, so I've never really been expecting a grand battle.

We'll see....
David H
David H
Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister71 Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:58 am

David H wrote:I like Sinister's analysis, especially considering that the core script was developed under GDT when he was planning on directing. He's more interested in suspense and atmosphere than PJ is.

I'm even inclined to believe that GDT's vision is responsible for adding the whole White Council subplot in the first place, so I've never really been expecting a grand battle.

We'll see....

Thanks Dave... it just seems obvious to me when you look at the scenes logically and put emotion aside about what you as an individual want. I realize most people want some epic battle filled with sorcery and action, but why? what point does it really satisfy? None other than just having another pointless battle, that is all about spectacle and action which to me IMHO truly serves no purpose. I think DelToro's finger prints are still attached to these films in some small way. We all know the necromancer flees to Mordor, why risk any harm to himself in doing so? To abandon DolGuldur while the White Council is expecting to catch him with his pants down so to speak is almost like a blazing middle finger in the White Councils face. Which I think makes it an interesting anti-climax. It's not what everybody thinks, or expects. probably to go along with something in the dwarven side of the story that is action packed and climactic (such as escaping in barrels down the rapids) It's more about suspense than spectacle (which I agree is a DelToro trait) and adds a whole new element to something which I am sure PJ would never think of on his own.
Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:20 am

Sauron in the Hobbit - Page 9 Screen20
chris63
chris63
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:23 am

What's that? An entry to campest Sauron 2012? 'ooooh, would you look at the size of my mace ducky. I could stick it in you with just one swing.'

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:28 am

oh stop nitpicking weeel ya! Moon I for one would be like a kid in a candy store at Comic Con, I dont care, its cool. Razz
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:36 am

Sweet shop Mrs Figg... SWEET SHOP!

I have always though that it should be a bit of a stealth mission in to Dol Guldur by the WC. But not just Gandalf, unless they believe he is the only one that could match a weak Sauron for power. We may still get some kind of skirmish outside as the rest of the WC tried to distract with an 'assault' leaving Gandalf to go in and hunt Sauron down (obviously finding a neatly placed 'To Gandalf' letter on Saurons desk).

Re Saruman, I wonder if we will see some Palantir action as a prelude for him agreeing to the assault. We know he is after the ring to begin with and he been holding off to give him time to find it. Maybe he will realise Sauron has started using the Ithil stone and that he therefore is no longer in Mirkwood, therefore gives the go-ahead.

If there is any play to the One ring, it may be through Saurman's hunt for it. Maybe with Sauron going to Mordor and declaring himself along with the 9 awoken he thinks Sauron has the ring or something and that is what initially 'turns' him away from him finding it himself.

Gollum didn't get caught until after this all happened to no reason why Saruman would know who had the ring at that time.
Lancebloke
Lancebloke
Tamer and master of Large Metallic Fell Beasts

http://www.lancebloke.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:39 pm

hem thanks for the correction Lance, Embarassed indeed, Sweet Shop. Rolling Eyes
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9