Go down

Doctor Who [11] - Page 4 Empty Re: Doctor Who [11]

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:27 pm

No change there then! Very Happy

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:29 pm

http://www.kasterborous.com/2015/07/first-doctor-who-series-9-trailer-breakdown/

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:47 pm

For those without the time for the whole comic-con panel, the top 5 moments (as compiled by the BBC, so it omits the bit where Capaldi describes the Doctors relationship with the Master as, 'Im pleased to see you, then your heart sinks and you think now Im going to have to go through all this shit' or my favourite bit, and my quote of the panel when he says "'life is shit, business as usual'....that's Scottish philosophy" Laughing )

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Sun Jul 12, 2015 2:39 pm

Interesting interview with Paul McGann (from last year), pleasantly surprised he basically says he'd rather play the hero with mixed morality who stays out of the time war rather than the warrior who ends it:

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Jul 12, 2015 2:52 pm

great interview- found it particularly interesting that Moffat thinks tv shows will get shorter in the future not longer, also the comment about the classic era 20 minutes episode compared to modern 50. Very intriguing thoughts.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:04 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:great interview- found it particularly interesting that Moffat thinks tv shows will get shorter in the future not longer, also the comment about the classic era 20 minutes episode compared to modern 50. Very intriguing thoughts.

Hmm...if that means a return to 3/4 parter 25 minute ep serials I'd be all for it, but 25 minute stand alones...no thanks, New Who already suffers from pacing issues storylines that quick wouldn't really be stories, and I doubt many foreign broadcasters would pick up a sci that short-less advertising revenue.

Though the way the Tories have been acting lately Doctor Who might even last long enough for another format change pale

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Jul 12, 2015 10:41 pm

Sadness

and humour

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Jul 12, 2015 11:53 pm

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:34 am

Interesting interview with Moffat-

http://spinoff.comicbookresources.com/2015/07/11/sdcc-steven-moffat-michelle-gomez-talk-doctor-who-and-the-return-of-missy/

Few things he said which caught my eye in particular-

Gomez: But to answer your question — which you asked me twenty minutes ago — kissing of the nose wasn’t scripted.

Moffat: No it was not.

Gomez: But it did seem right in the moment.

Moffat: There’s no flirtation between the Doctor and Missy at all. The only time the Doctor and the Master have been flirting was probably actually David Tennant and John Simm. There isn’t this time at all. In fact we’re very specific in the new one that’s absolutely not what’s going on.

They’re incredibly good friends. That‘s really interesting because they are incredibly good friends. And it goes back a long way and there’s genuine affection and loyalty and compassion for each other and interest in each other. But they are completely opposed to each other.

I wanted to ask you on the creative end, you brought a couple of women writers on this season, Catherine Tregenna and Sarah Dollard. How is it like working with them, and can we expect to see more from them? What are their stories like?

Moffat: You’ve grouped them together because they’re women, but they don’t belong in the same category at all. They’re about as opposite as they could be. Catherine is the only person that I’ve ever had to persuade to write “Doctor Who,” because she didn’t want to do it. I’ve been asking her for years, actually. Because when I first did “Blink” all those years ago, Russell [T. Davies] sent me her script for “Torchwood.” I got the Jack Harkness script, which was great and I said ‘Look this is another message from the past story, you’ve got to not bump into it.’ I remember saying to him, ‘She’s brilliant, when do we get to have her [write for us].’ He said, ‘She doesn’t really watch “Doctor Who.”

Sarah comes from a very, very different category. And a very interesting one because only she and Jamie Mathieson belong to this category, would both describe themselves as “Doctor Who” fans, would both describe themselves as long-time “Doctor Who” fans.[They] haven’t seen the old show. They. Haven’t. Seen it. Don’t know anything about it. .......But you know also it’s the first of a wave. I think because unlike if you’re an old, very, very old “Doctor Who” fan like me, it used to be boys that watched “Doctor Who.” But now it’s girls that watch “Doctor Who” and it might even be a majority. So we’re just at the stage of people about Sarah’s age coming through saying, ‘No. This is the show that I want to do, that I’m passionate about. What the fuck is the “Brain of Morbius?”‘ So that is going to be very, very interesting. Very interesting. [Jokingly] They’re wrong, they should watch the old bloody show. I’m still offended. I’m going to phone her right now!

This is the brilliant one. When I was doing the very, very first season with Chris, and Russell was running it. I sat with Julie Garner and [another producer] and Russell was sitting way behind them. And Jane and Julie told me very solemnly, ‘You know, Russell’s put absolutely no continuity references to the old show in here.’ And Russell’s going, [leans back and stage whispers] ‘Don’t tell them!’ “Because he’s fucking full of it.”

t’s rumored that Osgood is coming back.

Moffat: It’s not rumored; it’s a fact.

Okay. So how is that happening?

Moffat: I don’t know. I can’t wait to watch those episodes. [Laughs] What I will say is you’ll know when you see it, that this wasn’t a whim. There is a plan, that’s it’s a plan that’s been in place for a hell of a long time. So you’ll see it’s not a whim.

And she’s sort of an intentional fan proxy, right?

Moffat: Well, it’s a love letter, really. A love letter to cosplay, cause I love all that stuff. If you’re cosplaying as Osgood—

So meta.

Moffat: Yes! You’re cosplaying someone who is cosplaying. It’s cosplay cubed. [Laughs]

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:42 am

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:26 pm

Thought this was interesting, one of the reasons Moffat had doubts about Eccleston being the war doctor were his comments about Eccleston 'Clearly being a New Man in Rose'-at one point he looks in the mirror and comments on his appearance, many people seem to have taken this as suggesting he had recently regenerated, Russell T Davies had other ideas:

Doctor Who [11] - Page 4 X1IhhJv

And I suppose you can retroactively say it's a little weird for the Doctor to regenerate into the 'Warrior' discard the name of Doctor and blow up his home planet, then immediately take up the name Doctor again. Eccleston is very, very unlikely to ever return to the role i.m.o, but if new stories with the Ninth Doctor were produced at some stage, pre-Rose would be be a very interesting time slot to explore, how does he decide he earns the right to call himself doctor again...

In other news the 8th Doctor is getting a new comic mini series:

http://www.denofgeek.com/books-comics/doctor-who/36162/doctor-who-8th-doctor-comic-books-on-the-way

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:33 pm

I didnt know Moffat had said that.
I dont know why he would, in the episode itself its shown that he had been around for a while- there is the computer guy thats been tracking the Doctor and has the photographs and drawings of 9 in various other time periods, so its pretty clear 9 had been about for some time at lest prior to Rose.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:52 pm

Shrugging

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:13 pm

I just wish they'd have a good old shoot 'em up one day (aliens that is) for us less imaginative sorts. Mad

Orwell
Dark Presence with Gilt Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:19 pm

Well there is plenty of action in the trailer including what looks like a good old shoot em up war style scene.

But Jenna has been making some interesting remarks pertaining to series 9's content-

“I wouldn’t say rompy, but a lot more seizing the moment and adrenaline-fueled. I think rompy is…cause you know, the nature of some of the episodes are not, [there are] some darker ones.”
She revealed: “There’s some really provoking episodes, actually … I suppose something that has a relevance to some stuff kind of happening today, really interesting … makes you think … provoking.”
The actress added: “…it feels like a new kind of episode for Doctor Who; I mean maybe more political.”- Cultbox

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:02 pm

http://www.doctorwhotv.co.uk/capaldi-my-roman-alter-ego-may-appear-again-in-series-9-74936.htm

Sounds Interesting...I have mentioned my own theory on how Caecilius's face may tie into events before, and the rumours about
Massive Rumored Spoiler:
certainly would play into it, but its probably an unnecessary move (I doubt they will address the Torchwood guy as well, and didn't Colin Baker play a big guest role before he was cast as The Doctor as well?), and Capaldi has aged a fair amount since Fires of Pompei...hmm I'm cautiously intrigued...

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:11 pm

Apparently the explanation for the same faces (I assume this includes explaining the other classic instances such as the 6th Doctor) was concocted by RTD and Moffat when RTD was in charge of Torchwood and cast Capaldi in a major role in Children of Earth.
This also implies that they had Capaldi in mind for a future Doctor when 10 was still in the role or they were just doing the geek thing of trying to explain apparent inconsistencies - the 6th Doctor instance for example (we know from the Sherlock panel Moffat does do this sort of thing- correcting continuity errors in Doyles writing with plausible explanations)

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:24 pm

Well here's my theory:

Basically the Doctor chose Caecilius's face as a subliminal message to himself about the consequences of breaking the rules of time, and a visual reminder of the innocent lives he comes into contact with -he lived because the Doctor broke a fixed point in time to rescue him, if the bloke in Torchwood was a descendant of his, he ended up dying partially out of the Doctors abscence from Earth, its clear in Series 8 the Doctor has a crisis of confidence of sorts, taking most of the Season to find himself again after the War on Trenzalore, maybe he chooses Caecilius's face as a reminder to himself about the consequences of his actions and the innocent lives he has saved, subliminally telling himself to come to terms with the cost of his actions, growing up in a sense-tying in with his new purpose in searching for Gallifrey, if Caecilius is making another appearance this theory would also run in parallel nicely with the
Massive Rumoured Spoiler:

I look forward to being proven totally wrong! Laughing

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:33 pm

I like your theory Malick.

Regards the spoilery matter, in Deep Breath when 12 declares his intentions for the future as it were he says "I've made a lot of mistakes. It's about time I did something about that."

Spoiler:

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:37 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:I like your theory Malick.

Regards the spoilery matter, in Deep Breath when 12 declares his intentions for the future as it were he says "I've made a lot of mistakes. It's about time I did something about that."

Spoiler:

Well that certainly looked like Skaro didn't it? Suspect

The thing is though if he
Spoiler:
how screwed up would that make his timeline, would the Time War still happen for instance?

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:44 pm

Well that certainly looked like Skaro didn't it? - Malick

No argument there it certainly did- though the trailer implies that Time War era Daleks are present alongside that era Daleks. Which given the fact that if you leave two different Daleks alone for long enough you seem to get a civil war over who is the proper 'pure' Dalek and who is not it could be interesting- we haven't seen a proper Dalek power struggle since the 7th Doctor era.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:53 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:Well that certainly looked like Skaro didn't it? - Malick

we haven't seen a proper Dalek power struggle since the 7th Doctor era.

I'm thoroughly bored by Daleks at this point, but that would certainly be an interesting thing for New Who to tackle, might even make them scary again. Into the Dalek came close to a decent dalek ep, but it still felt like a rehash, they just don't seem that threatening even more it would be a neat twist, if the rumours were true, and The Doctors actions were rendered pointless, somehow making the Daleks not only exist still, but be much worse...

I've recently read the BBC 8th Doctor book 'War Of The Daleks', widely and unfairly i.m.o regarded at utter crap (I really enjoyed it), It's really generic and the Doctor feels like a side character in his owns story, but it does what it says on the tin, a full scale Dalek Civil War with tonnes of explosions, deaths left right and centre and Davros in full ranting loony mode, I don't think 'Action Thriller' really suits Who as a whole, but I would like a big epic episode now and again...

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:44 pm

Doctor Who [11] - Page 4 Tumblr_nrfk5rNuWT1un4j3ko1_540

http://titancomics.tumblr.com/post/123980880717/titan-comics-announce-brand-new-eighth-doctor

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Jul 24, 2015 4:30 pm

Nice little interview- Capaldi talks as a fan to a fan about Who-

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Jul 25, 2015 1:38 am

This really cool and not a little mind-bending!
The comic relief comedy short, where the TARDIS materialises inside itself- but with split screen, showing at all times the interior on one side and the exterior on the other (incidentally f you are wondering how time can pass quicker or slower in one or the other its because the TARDIS is transdimensional, the exterior and the interior are in different dimensions, and so can experience different rates of time, but is probably not good for her and gives her indigestion or something)

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next