Forest Shepherd
Pettytyrant101
Amarië
17 posters

Page 14 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 27 ... 40  Next

Go down

Doctor Who [11] - Page 14 Empty Re: Doctor Who [11]

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Aug 23, 2015 7:28 pm

Blogs and articles are not a basis for debate Blue! Or Ill just start posting feminist articles in support of Moffat- and thats pointless as it just descends into blog v blog- none of the writers of which are here to discuss with. Justify your own words please, dont do it with other peoples! Mad

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Sun Aug 23, 2015 7:33 pm

It's because you don't want to see it.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Sun Aug 23, 2015 7:35 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:Except those are not the narrative reasons given in the episodes or the story.
The stated reasons are there- her childhood, re-meeting her imaginary friend, having a near death experience- and that in turn feeds into the Doctors sense of guilt over the whole thing and his determination to put matters right somehow.

It's the reason given by Moffat and as such the reason he wrote it. And I find it, in my own subjective opinion, problematic.

Pettytyrant101 wrote:There is no other female character like that in Moffat Who or with that relationship with the Doctor.

I'm sorry Petty, but I do struggle a bit with this claim of desexualiztion and deromantization of the Doctor by the writer who married hm off to one of his other original female characters, River Song.

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Aug 23, 2015 7:37 pm

No, I have stated many times my objections to using blogs and the like in lieu of proper debate. Its nothing new.
As to that article, its poorly written, terribly generalised and I could if it was worth the effort very easily [oint out several glaring errors. But whats the point?
You would rather seemingly just piller Moffat via others opinions than look at the evidence or address the evidence I present youself- I assume because you don't want to see it.

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Sun Aug 23, 2015 7:37 pm

Only blogs who say that Rose is bitchy are valid in Petty's opinion.

I don't mind blogs. If it's such an eyesore there is always the Who thread Figgy made a while back which we can reboot to that purpose.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Sun Aug 23, 2015 7:39 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:Blogs and articles are not a basis for debate Blue! Or Ill just start posting feminist articles in support of Moffat- and thats pointless as it just descends into blog v blog- none of the writers of which are here to discuss with. Justify your own words please, dont do it with other peoples! Mad

It's an article that illustrates the kind of criticism that exists. I did not use it to claim anything, the article is a lot more lenient with Moffat than I would be, but it does illustrate the criticism that exists, and what that criticism is directed at. Does that mean the criticism is necessarily correct? In no way. But it exists.

I would say there's no smoke without fire, but that again is my subjective opinion.

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Aug 23, 2015 7:44 pm

It's the reason given by Moffat and as such the reason he wrote it. And I find it, in my own subjective opinion, problematic. - Bluie

The reason given by a man who is on record as saying he says increasingly outrageous offensive things in direct correspondence to how stupid he thins the question is- telling him its sexist he will deliberately give you an outrageous answer to offend further- because that amuses him (its a very Scottish thing to do in act)- he even repeats this again at the recent Comic-con panel when discussing Sherlock.

When judging any art- painting, book, film, tv or whatever the product itself is the first and main issues to look at- and in the episode itself the motivations are given very clearly indeed. Its not even left at all ambiguous.

'with this claim of desexualiztion and deromantization of the Doctor by the writer who married hm off to one of his other original female characters, River Song'- Blue

River was conceived originally as the daughter of a future companion right from the start in Forest- if you watch it back thats quite clear in retrospect as it the fact she is the Doctor wife in the future- its more than strongly hinted that- that we then get to see how this comes about when Moffat took over is hardly surprising therefore- and rather he fall for a someone who is part Timlord, part a child of the TARDIS and who has a significantly longer lifespan than a human and has experience of regeneration and Time Lord knowledge and smarts.
Thats a whole different kettle of fish from falling for a 19 year old pudding brain.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Aug 23, 2015 7:47 pm

but that again is my subjective opinion. - Blue

Except if you post a bog or article its not is it- its someone elses opinion and words not yours at all. And in a debate ther eis no point in using the subjective views of someone who is not here to answer back or explain their position further- its a dead end for a debate and so pointless- that is and has been my objection to them.
Posting an article you find interesting or otherwise outside of a debate is fine, using them to back up your own is the thing I object to for all the reasons I have consistently given.

As I said earlier there are feminist blogs in support of Moffats depiction of women I could use to back my views up- but there is no point -you posting a link and me poyting a countering link over and over, that's not a debate of any merit or worth having.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Aug 23, 2015 7:52 pm

Only blogs who say that Rose is bitchy are valid in Petty's opinion.- Amarie

I dont use blogs in debates with people - why would I the actual evidence in the episodes is overwhelming on there own- I hardly need any help.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:03 pm

The article does a good job of shortly rounding up some of the criticisms of Moffat and his writing. The only value judgment the article makes it that the writer feels the show has some issues in the way it handles women, but those the article writer feels can be forgiven. The article shows simply that there is criticism of Moffat's writing, and where it is focused. I found it helpful in putting the debates in this tread into a context.

I see no problems in posting articles as illustrations of points, I have not made any of the points or criticisms raised in the article, nor do I intend to either purport or defend them. It's simply illustrative.

I see no problems in using articles to illustrate or state further one's own points either, but then they should be used to back up a stated opinion. That I can agree with. It's fine if you just want to post an article to illustrate, but they should and do make no points on their own. This furthermore is not what I was doing in this case.

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:09 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:It's the reason given by Moffat and as such the reason he wrote it. And I find it, in my own subjective opinion, problematic. - Bluie

The reason given by a man who is on record as saying he says increasingly outrageous offensive things in direct correspondence to how stupid he thins the question is- telling him its sexist he will deliberately give you an outrageous answer to offend further- because that amuses him (its a very Scottish thing to do in act)- he even repeats this again at the recent Comic-con panel when discussing Sherlock.

When judging any art- painting, book, film, tv or whatever the product itself is the first and main issues to look at- and in the episode itself the motivations are given very clearly indeed. Its not even left at all ambiguous.

The death of the autor is simply one way to approach the criticism of art. Furthermore it's a bit to the side of the issue I was raising as I was discussing Moffat as a writer. Not the show.

The comment was definitely said tongue in cheek, but definitely not in answer to any criticism. It was one of those self congratulatory pieces RTD used to be so good at. It was in-jokey for sure. But it illustrates Moffat the man and writer and how his opinions, worldviews are reflected in the show. Some of which I find.. problematic.

Pettytyrant101 wrote: 'with this claim of desexualiztion and deromantization of the Doctor by the writer who married hm off to one of his other original female characters, River Song'- Blue

River was conceived originally as the daughter of a future companion right from the start in Forest- if you watch it back thats quite clear in retrospect as it the fact she is the Doctor wife in the future- its more than strongly hinted that- that we then get to see how this comes about when Moffat took over is hardly surprising therefore- and rather he fall for a someone who is part Timlord, part a child of the TARDIS and who has a significantly longer lifespan than a human and has experience of regeneration and Time Lord knowledge and smarts.
Thats a whole different kettle of fish from falling for a 19 year old pudding brain.

Again I'm sorry, but it's not a storyline I enjoy. It is actually a large contributor to me falling out of love with the show. River to me is Rose in a different package. It's having you romance infused cake and eating it too.

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:13 pm

I'd say its writing it properly- creating a character suitable for the Doctor, properly seeding it in the narrative, but doing so a new and unexpected way- they meet in the wrong order, she turns out to be the Doctor of a companion and part TimeLord.
Its not weird or creepy the way 10 falling in love with an 18 year old with next to no life experience is- Rose is essentially in the Doctors care whilst she travels with him, and he abuses that care.
Contrast that with Amy where its all about him trying to repair damage he accidentally caused because he feels a duty of care towards her. Thats the Doctor, not some intergalactic lech.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:39 pm

Yeah, but it's still that romance infused cake. And if it's all well and good I'll rather have gooseberry or jelly babies or something. Mad

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:53 pm

We do- jelly babies in a cigarette case to be precise, with 12 and no romance so far at all.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:57 pm

Yes, they made sure to point out that he as far too old for that kind of thing.. Half a dozen times.. In his first episode..

Oh, all right. I'll play nice. For as litte as I like the whole River storyline, the writing of it was well executed.

See, not all negative. Smile

And I am finding the show more palatable now, true.

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:21 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:It's the reason given by Moffat and as such the reason he wrote it. And I find it, in my own subjective opinion, problematic. - Bluie

So basically you are saying he is so arrogant that he wont reply to reasonable questions without sarcasm, or he is above mere mortals and their 'outrageous' questions. this is a catch-all to imply he is beyond reproach.

yep that's why people question him, they saw the product and didn't like it.

'with this claim of desexualiztion and deromantization of the Doctor by the writer who married hm off to one of his other original female characters, River Song'- Blue

The whole point of Doctor Who is his love of humanity, including 19 year old shop assistants. to say the only person worthy of his affection is another Timelord is rather missing the point, and elitist.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:36 pm

So basically you are saying he is so arrogant that he wont reply to reasonable questions without sarcasm- Figg

No, I idnt say that at all. What Moffat most clearly says hen asked on these matters is judge him on the content of his work. And that is the only right way to do it- look at the evidence of the product, not the producer of the product. Same as when he was asked for the millionth time about a female Doctor and pointed to Michelle Gomez sitting next to him and asked the questioner rather wearily wasnt his views on a female Doctor and Time Lords changing sex not clear enough from the show- and he is right to do so- its right there in the actual show he has done far more than any other showrunner to make that a real possibility for the future..
I cant blame him for being sick of silly questions like that getting asked  over and over.

they saw the product and didn't like it.- Figg

So how does that square with the show being more popular under Moffat than at any other time in its 51 year history?

The whole point of Doctor Who is his love of humanity, including 19 year old shop assistants- Figg

There is a gulf of difference between loving humanity and falling in love with individual humans who are barely out of childhood by human standards and not even close to it by Gallifreyean standards- thats just uncomfortable, weird and wrong.
I am not saying a Timelord is the only person worthy of his affections, but a mature adult is (and we have no idea how old River is as we dont know how much time passess for her in-between seeing her, but with a Gallifryean life span thats about 2000 years to old age (based on 1 regen and the Doctors ageing at Trenzalore plus his start age)- River is simply far more suited and likely a character for him to have a relationship with. She is much closer to his level, has the same instinctive understating of Time and his telepathic  like a Time lord. She travels on her own in space and time. Rose is just wrong and unsuitable on every level.

And if Mofatt had come up with the idea of the Doctor falling in love with an 18 year old human companion he was travelling with you would be the first to be shouting from the rafters how wrong and creepy it is and how it just shows how Moffat treats women. The hypocrisy here is astounding.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:58 am

Pettytyrant101 wrote:So basically you are saying he is so arrogant that he wont reply to reasonable questions without sarcasm- Figg

The whole point of Doctor Who is his love of humanity, including 19 year old shop assistants- Figg

There is a gulf of difference between loving humanity and falling in love with individual humans who are barely out of childhood by human standards and not even close to it by Gallifreyean standards- thats just uncomfortable, weird and wrong.

rubbish. the relationship with Rose was based on mutual trust and friendship. that came first. romance, such as it was, came second and it was always jokey and never maudlin. or wrong.  Rolling Eyes the proof of the pudding is the fans reaction to them. people love the Doctor/Rose thing because its a hundred times more hearfelt and real than the posturing icky double nintendos that River the One Woman Benny Hill churns out.

I am not saying a Timelord is the only person worthy of his affections, but a mature adult is (and we have no idea how old River is as we dont know how much time passess for her in-between seeing her, but with a Gallifryean life span thats about 2000 years to old age (based on 1 regen and the Doctors ageing at Trenzalore plus his start age)- River is simply far more suited and likely a character for him to have a relationship with. She is much closer to his level, has the same instinctive understating of Time and his telepathic  like a Time lord. She travels on her own in space and time. Rose is just wrong and unsuitable on every level.

He isn't in love with River though, he always looks so embarrassed when she comes on to him, she does all the chasing in that relationship, its like she forces herself on him, and he goes along with it because of guilt or whatever. its certainly not a healthy relationship. she worships him and he is like some weirded out nephew she has the hots for. Smiths Doctor never treats River with the genuine happy enjoyment in her company that he does as 10 with Rose

And if Mofatt had come up with the idea of the Doctor falling in love with an 18 year old human companion he was travelling with you would be the first to be shouting from the rafters how wrong and creepy it is and how it just shows how Moffat treats women. The hypocrisy here is astounding.

First off. No I wouldn't because Tennant and Piper looked perfectly compatible ages for this to happen, and Piper was in her early twenties. Not one person was worried about a non existent problem. I am not fixated by the 900 year age gap that you seem not to be able to get over. Moffat came up with the wrong and creepy idea of an 18 year old girl that has men who look up her skirt and crash the TARDIS. you are so busy tub thumping you cant hear anyone else's opinion.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:45 am

the relationship with Rose was based on mutual trust and friendship- Figg

As I said earlier to Amarie I don't see how it can be mutual when one half of the releationship has a massive advantage over the other person in age and life experience and intelligence.
As Vastra says in Deep Breath- 'But he is the Doctor. He has walked this universe for centuries untold, he has seen stars fall to dust. You might as well flirt with a mountain range.'

the proof of the pudding is the fans reaction to them. - Figg

Utterly unquantifiable as it is- there are plenty dont like Rose, more than plenty. As though its a subjective sense it seems to be an ever increasing number as fans who have grown up on Moffat era go back and watch Tennant era and find they dont like her- which explains why she keeps slipping own the companion polls as time goes on. And given your love of blogs take a look- there are no shortage of why Rose sucks blogs. And on to of that the show is more popular now without her than it ever was with her in it.
So I doubt both your proof and your pudding.

'He isn't in love with River though'

No, he's the Doctor, so its more complicated than a simple human emotion and more ambiguous from his side than the stupid teenage love of 10 and Rose- that I would agree on-

Tennant and Piper looked perfectly compatible ages for this to happen- Figg

Utterly irrelevant the age of the actors, what is relevant are the characters and the narrative- and here we have a near immortal God (especially in the RTD era- Last of the Time Lords, the Ongoing Storm ect) getting it together with an 18 year old- its wrong, just wrong however you try to justify it.

'I am not fixated by the 900 year age gap that you seem not to be able to get over.'

But you should be as its utterly wrong and immoral- he has all the advantage and all the power in that relationship.

'creepy idea of an 18 year old girl that has men who look up her skirt '

I am sure what you meant to say there was the context- that the 'men' is in fact a lie, as its 1 man who is her newly married to her husband, and its not from an episode but a comedy sketch made for charity.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:25 pm

Bluebottle wrote:
Pettytyrant101 wrote:Blogs and articles are not a basis for debate Blue! Or Ill just start posting feminist articles in support of Moffat- and thats pointless as it just descends into blog v blog- none of the writers of which are here to discuss with. Justify your own words please, dont do it with other peoples! Mad

It's an article that illustrates the kind of criticism that exists. I did not use it to claim anything, the article is a lot more lenient with Moffat than I would be, but it does illustrate the criticism that exists, and what that criticism is directed at. Does that mean the criticism is necessarily correct? In no way. But it exists.

I would say there's no smoke without fire, but that again is my subjective opinion.

its funny how Petty is allowed to post other peoples videos to illustrate his points, but we aren't allowed to post other peoples blogs. curious. scratch
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:45 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:the relationship with Rose was based on mutual trust and friendship- Figg

As I said earlier to Amarie I don't see how it can be mutual when one half of the releationship has a massive advantage over the other person in age and life experience and intelligence.
As Vastra says in Deep Breath- 'But he is the Doctor. He has walked this universe for centuries untold, he has seen stars fall to dust. You might as well flirt with a mountain range.'

Rose, is pretty much his equal, and she is his equal because of her abilities. she proves herself worthy of respect. He relies on her sometimes, its not the unequal relationship that Smith and Capaldi have with their companions. for a start Rose isn't lied to and manipulated, Amy isn't told she is pregnant, she is almost like a human experiment he wants to solve rather than a human being with rights. Smiths and Capaldis Doctor is a demi-god way above the intelligence of his assistant, and only another Timelord is good enough for him to 'mate' with.

the proof of the pudding is the fans reaction to them. - Figg

Utterly unquantifiable as it is- there are plenty dont like Rose, more than plenty. As though its a subjective sense it seems to be an ever increasing number as fans who have grown up on Moffat era go back and watch Tennant era and find they dont like her-

utterly unquantifiable.

which explains why she keeps slipping own the companion polls as time goes on. And given your love of blogs take a look-

Who blogs in general, always agree that Moffat is rubbish at writing females.

there are no shortage of why Rose sucks blogs. And on to of that the show is more popular now without her than it ever was with her in it.
So I doubt both your proof and your pudding.

'He isn't in love with River though'

No, he's the Doctor, so its more complicated than a simple human emotion and more ambiguous from his side than the stupid teenage love of 10 and Rose- that I would agree on-

I thought you didn't approve of other peoples opinions? why other peoples videos, they have an agenda as unsubtle as blogs in many cases, its all in the editing.

Tennant and Piper looked perfectly compatible ages for this to happen- Figg

Utterly irrelevant the age of the actors, what is relevant are the characters and the narrative- and here we have a near immortal God (especially in the RTD era- Last of the Time Lords, the Ongoing Storm ect) getting it together with an 18 year old- its wrong, just wrong however you try to justify it.

actually its is relevant. they look right together, on the other hand River looks like his sleazy auntie who likes tongues.

'I am not fixated by the 900 year age gap that you seem not to be able to get over.'

But you should be as its utterly wrong and immoral- he has all the advantage and all the power in that relationship.

nah. Rose can hold her own. and they don't actually have sex you know
. Rolling Eyes

'creepy idea of an 18 year old girl that has men who look up her skirt '

I am sure what you meant to say there was the context- that the 'men' is in fact a lie, as its 1 man who is her newly married to her husband, and its not from an episode but a comedy sketch made for charity

so that makes the implicit creepery ok does it?
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:14 pm

Not that it matters much, but since you asked and I forgot about it:
I asked about what Missy was wearing because you counted all the episodes with modern London, but not all the episodes with Victorian style dresses etc., which is what I meant with Victorian.

Wonder if we're going to survive until the episodes finally/sadly starts to air again?

-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:24 pm

its funny how Petty is allowed to post other peoples videos to illustrate his point- Fuigg

except thats not what I am doing- I was giving scenes from the episodes as examples- something I have never objected to and in fact encourage all the time- base your thoughts on the evidence, cite the evidence from the episodes- I say this all the time- putting up a video showing what happens in the episode is exactly the same as quoting Lord of the Rings when discussing it- but its not the same as quoting someone elses opinion on Lotr's however as your own.

Rose, is pretty much his equal- Figg

How can she be? According to RTD the Doctor can see the turn of Time, he is all but a God, he even has godlike titles- Rose on the other hand is annoying, petty, jealous and bitchy- yes she is also brave and loyal but so what- all companions are that. She is not even vaguely in his league never mind an equal- she is a kid with limited experience and knowledge by human standards and ginormously limited understand by Time Lord standards.

f'or a start Rose isn't lied to and manipulated, Amy isn't told she is pregnant, she is almost like a human experiment he wants to solve rather than a human being with rights'- Figg

I sometimes wonder if you actually watch episodes- the Doctor did not lie to her about her pregnancy he didnt know what was going on- the TARDIS kept giving dual readings- it was not until he investigated further then went to see the early version of the FLESH he worked out was going on- and its the end of that story he reveals she is pregnant- the first time he knows this for sure, and vows to come and find her- and the very next episode he does just that.

'Who blogs in general, always agree that Moffat is rubbish at writing females.'

There is no such thing as agreement n the internet- as this thread proves.

'its all in the editing.'

Its all in the original writing in my view- but I was just trying to find the final scene and I actually in this case I dont know whats in that video as I was already nearly 5 minutes late for leaving for work being crabbit at you, so just posted the first one that looked most likely to have the relevant scene- the final one between 111 and River.

actually its is relevant- Figg

yes it is hugely so- you cant just ignore or wave away the fact he is more than 900 years older (and possibly thousands of years older) than her just because he doesnt look it. Its the same person as 12- and Im pretty sure youd object to 12 getting romantic with Clara or Rose for that matter.

And what its it you have against mature women?- is a mature women not allowed to be romantic, to be sexy? I dont see a problem here. Its just seems ageist to me. Especially when the man she is dating is several hundred years old.

'they don't actually have sex you know'

What has sex got to do with taking advantage of a lack of experience- control, manipulation and just superior knowledge and understanding dont require you having sex with the person for it to be an unfair advantage over them.

'so that makes the implicit creepery ok does it?'

What the hell is creepy about a husband being momentarily distracted by finding his wife sexually attractive? Seems perfectly normal to me and healthy.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:29 pm

but not all the episodes with Victorian style dresses etc., which is what I meant with Victorian. - Amarie

Ah thank you for explaining Amarie- looking through the episode list outside of Missy's Victorian appearance only the episodes already listed above- those featuring Vasra and Jenny.
There is no Victoriana in series 5 at all- I suppose you could at a push say IDRIS dressed a bit Victorian- but I dont know the fashion well enough to be sue of that- thats the only other episode other than those listed I think might count- but I think its pushing it to call eh Doctors Wife a victorian themed episode in anyway- but it does have shades of it as much of Gaimans work does.

If Gatiss gets top job then you'll see it, his back catalogue and not just on Who is filled with Victorian era stuff, he loves it.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:52 pm

I shall blame everything Victorian on him then, give Moffat a teeeny tiny break.

I surprised myself yesterday when I cought myself thinking that I wouldn't get all that upset if Who was canceled. Moff better be experimenting on the right things or I'll be all out of faith... Sad

-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 27 ... 40  Next