Bluebottle
Eldorion
17 posters

Page 32 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

Game of Thrones [2] - Page 32 Empty Re: Game of Thrones [2]

Post by Eldorion Mon May 02, 2016 6:37 am

Well we have to talk about the ending. This is my surprised face: Surprised

Went ahead and spoiled myself for this one by reading a summary of the leak on Saturday, not that the

Spoiler:

I'd agree that it was better than last week's episode, though. Bran scenes were actually worth the wait. Nice to see Kristofer Hivju back. The King's Landing stuff was actually pretty decent too I thought. No Dorne. Next week should be interesting, based on the preview...

Spoiler:
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon May 02, 2016 11:45 am

BEST EVER EPISODE!!!!!!!   cheers  cheers  cheers  cheers  cheers  cheers  cheers  cheers  cheers  cheers  cheers  cheers  cheers  cheers   cheers  cheers  cheers   alien  alien

Spoiler:
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Mon May 02, 2016 2:00 pm

Spoiler:

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon May 02, 2016 4:29 pm

Spoiler:
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon May 02, 2016 4:49 pm

Razz  I love you  I feel ya bro!

Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon May 02, 2016 5:01 pm

Spoiler:
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Mon May 02, 2016 9:12 pm

OH MY FUCKING GOD I FUCKING KNEW IT!!!!!
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon May 02, 2016 10:44 pm

Razz
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Mon May 02, 2016 11:34 pm

Spoiler:
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Mon May 02, 2016 11:51 pm

Spoiler:

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue May 03, 2016 12:33 pm

Spoiler:
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Wed May 04, 2016 4:45 pm

Chrys Watches GOT has moved off Tumblr but she's still doing season six! cheers

Episode 601: https://imgur.com/a/MSh3G
Episode 602: https://imgur.com/a/hZJse

Index: http://chrysreviews.com/index.php/game-of-thrones/
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Wed May 04, 2016 5:08 pm

Very Happy Even if I am avoiding watching the show, I might have to give those a brief run through later. Nod

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Thu May 05, 2016 2:52 am

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Fri May 06, 2016 7:26 am

Mrs. Figg: BEST EVER EPISODE!!!!!!!

...............WHAT............

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Fri May 06, 2016 7:46 am

I liked parts of the episode, was not surprised by the end, but still found plenty of stuff that was off-putting. 

The worst bits were with Ramsay of course. I am so ever-loving bloody sick of every single fucking thing he ever fucking tries to do just automatically succeeding. And fuck the show for pandering to idiots with that shock-value dog scene. In D&D terms, he's like the DM's favourite villain, who the DM keeps safe no matter what, and who the DM eventually gets stabbed with a pencil by his exasperated players over.

Arya's stuff continues to be re-written a good deal. She may have been stuck over there for what felt like ages in the books, but at least she was active in deciding her fate. In this episode it felt too much like she was literally a beggar: placed into a situation in which she either has to beg to be taken back in by Sexy Man, or stubbornly refuse to bend. Whichever, it's not like much happened with her anyway. 

Ugh, I am beginning to really dislike the High Sparrow. Maybe it's the directing, or the writing, or maybe it's just the actor. He plays pious in such a pompous and insufferable way. There was one bit of acting that stood out to me as rather false feeling, which is odd because usually the acting is quite good in the show. It happened when Jaime was speaking with the High Sparrow. Jaime's look of shock in reaction to the Sparrow saying that he did not fear death felt disingenuous. Like, how thick are you Jaime?

I kind of liked Tommen's interaction with Cersei. Although Cersei in her current frowny-faced-but-not-weeping mourning stage is kind of boring or at least uninspired. One thing that was idiotic, as usual, was when Franken-Mountain killed that one random. Firstly, who told Cersei about what the guy was saying? Secondly, how is this any kind of important task for Franken-Mountain? Thirdly, why the fuck isn't Franken-Mountain guarding Cersei? Fourthly, if that's what the Franken-Mountain "promised" when the ex-maester spoke of defeating Cersei's enemies, then Franken-Mountain is pretty worthless.

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri May 06, 2016 7:20 pm

Forest Shepherd wrote:Mrs. Figg: BEST EVER EPISODE!!!!!!!

...............WHAT............

what....... did you not see TWO WHOLE DRAGONS?!!!!!! n' stuff? Razz
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri May 06, 2016 7:29 pm

Forest Shepherd wrote:I liked parts of the episode, was not surprised by the end, but still found plenty of stuff that was off-putting. 

The worst bits were with Ramsay of course. I am so ever-loving bloody sick of every single fucking thing he ever fucking tries to do just automatically succeeding. And fuck the show for pandering to idiots with that shock-value dog scene. In D&D terms, he's like the DM's favourite villain, who the DM keeps safe no matter what, and who the DM eventually gets stabbed with a pencil by his exasperated players over.

Arya's stuff continues to be re-written a good deal. She may have been stuck over there for what felt like ages in the books, but at least she was active in deciding her fate. In this episode it felt too much like she was literally a beggar: placed into a situation in which she either has to beg to be taken back in by Sexy Man, or stubbornly refuse to bend. Whichever, it's not like much happened with her anyway. 

Ugh, I am beginning to really dislike the High Sparrow. Maybe it's the directing, or the writing, or maybe it's just the actor. He plays pious in such a pompous and insufferable way. There was one bit of acting that stood out to me as rather false feeling, which is odd because usually the acting is quite good in the show. It happened when Jaime was speaking with the High Sparrow. Jaime's look of shock in reaction to the Sparrow saying that he did not fear death felt disingenuous. Like, how thick are you Jaime?

funny I thought the High Sparrow said that he did fear death. maybe I misheard, but that's why Jaime was surprised.

I kind of liked Tommen's interaction with Cersei. Although Cersei in her current frowny-faced-but-not-weeping mourning stage is kind of boring or at least uninspired. One thing that was idiotic, as usual, was when Franken-Mountain killed that one random. Firstly, who told Cersei about what the guy was saying? Secondly, how is this any kind of important task for Franken-Mountain? Thirdly, why the fuck isn't Franken-Mountain guarding Cersei? Fourthly, if that's what the Franken-Mountain "promised" when the ex-maester spoke of defeating Cersei's enemies, then Franken-Mountain is pretty worthless.

Cercei is deeply traumatised, and sometimes that manifests itself through a shock so profound people go into a kind of zombie no emotion phase, its not boring if you know whats happening to her, because its the quiet before the storm. Frankenclegane started the ball rolling on her path to revenge by starting at the bottom feeders and working her way up, its a taster of what she is going to do to those who fuck with her. squished heads is the horses doofers before the main course.

Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sat May 07, 2016 3:48 am

Forest Shepherd wrote:One thing that was idiotic, as usual, was when Franken-Mountain killed that one random. Firstly, who told Cersei about what the guy was saying? Secondly, how is this any kind of important task for Franken-Mountain?

I've seen a bunch of people bring this up, but having rewatched much of the final episode of S5 right before this one started, I noticed that the bragging guy (or an extra who looks a lot like him) did appear during the Walk of Atonement scene and did indeed flash Cersei as he was describing. My take on the scene in the most recent episode was that Cersei sent the Mountain out to find that guy and possibly other specific individuals who had participated in her humiliation. Of course, that raises some plausibility questions of its own, but it's the best I've got.

Thirdly, why the fuck isn't Franken-Mountain guarding Cersei? Fourthly, if that's what the Franken-Mountain "promised" when the ex-maester spoke of defeating Cersei's enemies, then Franken-Mountain is pretty worthless.

Cersei's back in the Red Keep surrounding by Lannister men-at-arms; she doesn't need Frankenmountain next to her 24/7. I think it's safe to say that his main purpose is to serve as Cersei's champion in her forthcoming trial by combat (CLEGANEBOWL!), though.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Sat May 07, 2016 4:37 am

Thought this guys review was pretty funny.

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Sat May 07, 2016 7:49 am

Eldorion wrote:
Forest Shepherd wrote:One thing that was idiotic, as usual, was when Franken-Mountain killed that one random. Firstly, who told Cersei about what the guy was saying? Secondly, how is this any kind of important task for Franken-Mountain?

I've seen a bunch of people bring this up, but having rewatched much of the final episode of S5 right before this one started, I noticed that the bragging guy (or an extra who looks a lot like him) did appear during the Walk of Atonement scene and did indeed flash Cersei as he was describing. My take on the scene in the most recent episode was that Cersei sent the Mountain out to find that guy and possibly other specific individuals who had participated in her humiliation. Of course, that raises some plausibility questions of its own, but it's the best I've got.

Thirdly, why the fuck isn't Franken-Mountain guarding Cersei? Fourthly, if that's what the Franken-Mountain "promised" when the ex-maester spoke of defeating Cersei's enemies, then Franken-Mountain is pretty worthless.

Cersei's back in the Red Keep surrounding by Lannister men-at-arms; she doesn't need Frankenmountain next to her 24/7. I think it's safe to say that his main purpose is to serve as Cersei's champion in her forthcoming trial by combat (CLEGANEBOWL!), though.

I must be forgetting things. Why is she going to be having a trial by combat? Was it that Lancel stuff?

And as for that bragging guy being the same one as had flashed her before, the actors used are definitely different. The characters might be the same, I guess. 

But still, way to miss the bigger picture. One random on the street flashing his junk at Cersei? Like yeah, terrible, but why isn't Frankenmountain smashing Shame-ding-dong-shame lady's head against a wall?

Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Sat May 07, 2016 7:50 am

Mrs Figg: ""Cercei is deeply traumatised, and sometimes that manifests itself through a shock so profound people go into a kind of zombie no emotion phase, its not boring if you know whats happening to her, because its the quiet before the storm. Frankenclegane started the ball rolling on her path to revenge by starting at the bottom feeders and working her way up, its a taster of what she is going to do to those who fuck with her. squished heads is the horses doofers before the main course."

I shall resist the temptation to make another bet.

Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sat May 07, 2016 12:54 pm

wanna bet that 'Shame-ding-dong-shame-lady is next on Frankenclegane's list? Razz Boy I cant wait for that particular squishy head. Banghead
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sat May 07, 2016 6:18 pm

Forest Shepherd wrote:I must be forgetting things. Why is she going to be having a trial by combat? Was it that Lancel stuff?

She confessed to the Lancel thing. The trial is for incest (with Jaime) and regicide.

And as for that bragging guy being the same one as had flashed her before, the actors used are definitely different. The characters might be the same, I guess. 

But still, way to miss the bigger picture. One random on the street flashing his junk at Cersei? Like yeah, terrible, but why isn't Frankenmountain smashing Shame-ding-dong-shame lady's head against a wall?

Shrugging I would say maybe Cersei realizes it's too soon to strike against the Faith and that killing just Septa Unella would probably bring greater retribution against her than it's worth, but whenever I try to make sense of stuff like this I can't wholly shake the feeling that I'm putting more thought into it than the writers did.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Mon May 09, 2016 5:51 am

Didnt expect that.

Game of Thrones [2] - Page 32 Tumblr_n1l3tao4Nt1qjgyvoo1_400

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Page 32 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next