Forest Shepherd
chris63
malickfan
azriel
Bluebottle
17 posters

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Bigger, Badder, Even More Serious Thread [5] - Page 4 Empty Re: The Bigger, Badder, Even More Serious Thread [5]

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:41 pm

Have you been raiding Daves veggie patch Azriel? Suspect

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

The Bigger, Badder, Even More Serious Thread [5] - Page 4 Empty Re: The Bigger, Badder, Even More Serious Thread [5]

Post by azriel Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:58 pm

Erm, it turned up in my Bog one day so I thought....... what the hey ! If Dave gets jealous I could send him the left overs ? Wink Breed an army to rival Isengard Smile
( they wont be the only dicks on the field Smile )

The Bigger, Badder, Even More Serious Thread [5] - Page 4 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

The Bigger, Badder, Even More Serious Thread [5] - Page 4 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:20 pm

it turned up in my Bog one day so I thought- Azriel

Um, ok, Im not saying anything silent

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:32 pm

azriel wrote:Erm, it turned up in my Bog one day...

Wait...what?

Suspect silent

Unfortunate use of words there me thinks...

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:45 pm

Laughing You have got mucky minds Laughing

The Bigger, Badder, Even More Serious Thread [5] - Page 4 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:23 pm

At least we don't have inquiring minds, apparently inquiring minds demand to know, in this instance I demand NOT to know Nod

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:15 am

The Bigger, Badder, Even More Serious Thread [5] - Page 4 11156122_328586563932370_7152602166106586425_n

The West African Black Rhino has been officially declared extinct. It was hunted for its horn. Shame on our species.

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:18 am

The Bigger, Badder, Even More Serious Thread [5] - Page 4 Fv6FAjG97sc0Gg8Sdt3V0a_-cBag__Hmne2ypv70uo7KhqOAyScOlLSJhUezlJjvWQVpyWpe41Mab7IwRb6H49D1KpOzR2kyVd6NsqAWD1paS6Q=w506-h337

This Is The LAST Male White Rhino On Earth, And Rangers Are Fervently Protecting Him

Read More: http://www.trueactivist.com/this-is-the-last-male-white-rhino-on-earth-and-rangers-are-fervently-protecting-him/

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:22 am

Think the only way to protect these animals is the extinction of the human race.

How do we let this happen ?

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:40 am

Because we are the most selfish thing on the planet. Sadly.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:59 pm

Humans are the worst parasitic organism ever to invade this lovely planet. We are destructful, ignorant, selfish, spiteful, hateful. We are a cancer on this Earth. Im not proud, Im ashamed. As for that beautiful beast, the black Rhino, we are vile !

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:13 pm

We let it happen cos who's gonna stop us ? there is no higher authority. "Oh" you might say "but you'll have to answer to God one day", God my arse ! If thats all weve got as a deterrent, an invisible idea then no wonder we are free to do as we fookingwell like ! Mad

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:17 pm

chris63 wrote:Think the only way to protect these animals is the extinction of the human race.

How do we let this happen ?

You need to either cut off the demand for rhino horn (almost all from Asia) or cut off all horns and burn them. Not sure we'd have happy rhinos after approach #2, but there'd be much less incentive to kill them.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:18 pm

Until someone decides another part of the rhino's body is instrumental in something, like, longevity or wrinkle free potion ? Sad

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:36 pm

Wrinkle free always makes me laugh- in 20 years of care work I have never know a little old lady who doesnt have a chemist shop worth of lotions and anti-wrinkle cream they have been applying all their life- and they still all look like prunes Very Happy

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:45 pm

The best wrinkle-free lotion is sunscreen and a sun hat!

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:08 pm

Not ever having baths Nod Everyone knows you wrinkle in water. Mad

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:23 pm

A rubber duck is wasted on you then Petty Laughing

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:35 pm

I could always fill it with buckie and keep it up my kilt as an emergency spare Nod

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:30 am

The Bigger, Badder, Even More Serious Thread [5] - Page 4 Funny-Save-Earth-marathon-mess

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:38 am

Don't no who she is, but i don't like her.

http://globalnews.ca/news/1942666/hunter-rebecca-francis-on-giraffe-hunt-uproar-i-do-not-regret-it-for-one-second/

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Fri Apr 17, 2015 1:01 pm

Taken in isolation her story about an old buck being turned out of the herd and on its way out in life, with the body being completely utilized by the local village makes it not seem so bad. But then her website with her smiling image while draped over the bodies of endless big beasts turns this respect on its head. She doesn't care for these animals except to triumph over them.

And an arrow through the neck can't be a good way to go.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:33 pm

chris63 wrote:The Bigger, Badder, Even More Serious Thread [5] - Page 4 Fv6FAjG97sc0Gg8Sdt3V0a_-cBag__Hmne2ypv70uo7KhqOAyScOlLSJhUezlJjvWQVpyWpe41Mab7IwRb6H49D1KpOzR2kyVd6NsqAWD1paS6Q=w506-h337

This Is The LAST Male White Rhino On Earth, And Rangers Are Fervently Protecting Him

Read More: http://www.trueactivist.com/this-is-the-last-male-white-rhino-on-earth-and-rangers-are-fervently-protecting-him/

its heartwarming how those rangers love those animals, I hope they succeed. Sad
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:34 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:Wrinkle free always makes me laugh- in 20 years of care work I have never know a little old lady who doesnt have a chemist shop worth of lotions and anti-wrinkle cream they have been applying all their life- and they still all look like prunes Very Happy

that's mean Suspect hope springs eternal you know.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue May 05, 2015 10:18 pm

Charlie Hebdo has been back in the news lately because they're being honored with a "free speech courage award", which pissed off a bunch of American literati, and because a somewhat similar attack took place just recently in Texas (without any deaths other than the gunmen this time, fortunately). However, this has brought back a lot of the anti-Charlie rhetoric and thinkpieces, including a widely-shared essay by Gary Trudeau (creator of Doonesbury). I find the whole "I support free speech, but..." line of argument to be distasteful when you're talking about people who were murdered, and much of the argument to be extremely disingenuous to boot. I don't speak French and had never even heard of Charlie Hebdo before the attack earlier this year, but I did sense that much of the criticism missed the point, just based on the reading I did about the magazine at the time. But some of the recent arguments against the magazine have taken on an even greater level of absurdity, now that the emotional shock of the immediate aftermath of the shooting has passed. This article from The Daily Beast really highlights the problems here, which I think are reflective of a broader pattern of poor thinking within modern American progressivism.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/05/05/america-s-literary-elite-takes-a-bold-stand-against-dead-journalists.html

It was an odd sight; gauche caviar left-wing writers aligning themselves against slain soixante-huitard left-wing cartoonists, all while expressing sympathy with “devout” religious conservatives “humiliated” and “suffering” because of silly drawings from a low-circulation satirical newspaper.

Charlie Hebdo—scourge of the post-fascist political party Front National, enemy of Papists, cheerful anti-racist activists, fellow travelers of the French Communist Party, staunch agitators for Palestine—has been accused of racism and employing crude and offensive satire to “punch down” at an aggrieved minority.

Linked to from that article is the website "Understanding Charlie Hebdo", which provides translations of various covers of the magazine (it's bizarre how many English-language publications didn't bother to offer translations to their readers) as well as excruciatingly detailed explanations of the specific satire on each one. While I wouldn't expect many to recognize all the references to French politics (I certainly didn't), it reminds me of the idiotic controversy over Zero Dark Thirty, where people apparently couldn't distinguish between depicting something and endorsing it. One of the most openly anti-War on Terror movies we've seen yet, from a director and writer who wear their liberalism on their sleeves, ended up being attacked endlessly as some sort of apologia for neo-conservatism. It was embarrassing to watch, frankly (the criticism that is; the movie was excellent but of course disturbing in its subject matter).

Assorted other links:

http://www.understandingcharliehebdo.com/
http://reason.com/blog/2015/05/01/145-intellectuals-agree-dead-cartoonists
http://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2015/05/charlie-hebdo-trudeau-pen-garland/392255/
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next