halfwise
Eldorion
Bluebottle
Mrs Figg
Pettytyrant101
20 posters

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Just...................whatever [5] - Page 38 Empty Re: Just...................whatever [5]

Post by Bluebottle Fri Oct 23, 2015 4:49 pm

Yes, very true. As I said above alcohol never helps in that way. What alcohol does is lower your inhibitions and strengthen whatever emotion your feeling. So, if you are feeling miserable, you'll just end up feeling more miserable. And uninhibitedly so.

Although, not that any of you are wrong, but I feel I should add some balance here. There is something between a raging alcoholic and a teetotaler. It is possible to have a more or less healthy relationship with alcohol without being either. You can drink for fun, with friends or whatever without it being something negative.

Not that any of you are wrong, not that any of your choices are wrong, but I do feel we are getting caught up in the extremes here.

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Just...................whatever [5] - Page 38 Empty Re: Just...................whatever [5]

Post by Eldorion Fri Oct 23, 2015 5:09 pm

I'm not saying you're wrong, Blue, or that there aren't people who do that.  But almost everyone in my life who claims to just drink for fun does so several times a week (many of them on a daily basis) and in moments of greater honesty are pretty clear about using alcohol to try to escape from stress, trauma, or something of the sort.
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Oct 23, 2015 6:40 pm

There are a number of alcoholics in my family- Eldo

You say that as if its a bad thing! Mad

'that's why I am tea-total, have been for 20 years'- Figg

That explains everything!! Shocked

'and in moments of greater honesty are pretty clear about using alcohol to try to escape from stress, trauma, or something of the sort.'

Well you've got to get away from it somehow!! drunken

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Fri Oct 23, 2015 7:42 pm

Eldorion wrote:As a kid it kinda bothered me how disfunctional some people (especially my mom) were if they didn't get coffee in the morning.  I think that's why I always tried to avoid drinking caffeine in the AM.

Me too. I can't escape my dependency on air and water, but I'll be damned if I let myself become dependent on anything I have control over.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Fri Oct 23, 2015 7:46 pm

Alcohol can be used to release stress after whatever is causing stress is over. It's called happy hour. But it should not be used as an escape from stress. That's just digging a deeper hole.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:00 pm

'It's called happy hour.'- Halfy

I prefer Happy Week, if you're going to do a thing, do it right! Twisted Evil drunken

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Nagual Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:28 pm

Mrs Figg wrote: but hiding behind booze is only going to bite your ass in the future.

Damned contortionist alcohol.
Nagual
Nagual
Ringwinner

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Oct 24, 2015 1:11 am

I was talking to the German at my work today about Korn. (A German 'beverage' Nagual once introduced myself and some friends too one Hogmanany many years ago- one passed out after sliding down the fridge against which they had been leaning, without noticing I may add.
One slid slowly under the table not to be seen again, I am hazy on exactly who, and a neighbour who was there spent a day near comatose and throwing up purple vomit.
I can't seem to recall what happened to me. scratch drunken )
Apparently its viewed very much like a German buckie. I was so pleased when she said that and even more so at her shocked horror Very Happy

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Oct 24, 2015 12:36 pm

Nagual wrote:
Mrs Figg wrote: but hiding behind booze is only going to bite your ass in the future.

Damned contortionist alcohol.

damn straight. alcohol has made me wrap my legs round my ears on many occasions. No
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Oct 24, 2015 4:21 pm

Shocked silent

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Oct 24, 2015 4:28 pm

pub bottoms up!
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Oct 24, 2015 4:30 pm

If there is ever is a Forumshire meet up I am tempted to actually buy a round now! Very Happy

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Oct 24, 2015 4:46 pm

I am tea-total remember. Suspect
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Oct 24, 2015 4:56 pm

If we have a Forumshire meet up and I offer to buy a round, to open my sporran to all, no one better bloody refuse a drink!!!! Evil or Very Mad Talk about insulting me to my face!!! Extremely Crabbit (Ill make a concession though- you can have a whisky and irn-bru on the rocks)

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Oct 25, 2015 12:43 am

yeauch! If we are going classy at least make it a Bacardi and coke.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Sun Oct 25, 2015 1:17 am

Nah, if we're going classy we should get you some sparkling wine. (After all, Petty is paying.) Nod

Just...................whatever [5] - Page 38 6a01053717f039970b01156fe7c510970c-pi

(And no mixing it with anything. Suspect)

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Oct 25, 2015 2:22 pm

Suspect
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Sun Oct 25, 2015 2:25 pm

Using good sparkling wine in drinks is tantamount to sacrilege. Mad

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:13 pm

I think mixing good liquor with flavored soda is just as bad. I gave my room mate a sampler pack of fine bourbon once, and he went off in search of coke. If I had a button to make his head explode I would have used it.

cheap liquor and sparkling wine is fine for mixing.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:28 pm

If we are going classy at least make it a Bacardi and coke.- Figg

I think there's a bottle of Babycham somewhere down the back of the couch from a Hogmanay party in1978- will that do?

if we're going classy we should get you some sparkling wine. (After all, Petty is paying.)- Blue

Now! Less of that! I said I would buy round not take out a fucking mortage!!! Evil or Very Mad

'If I had a button to make his head explode I would have used it.'- Halfy

I quite agree- I don't even like folk that add water to whisky- may as well just go piss on the distiller personally Mad But you have to make concessions for the lassies Halfy Nod

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:53 pm

They can mix in a fine peach nectar or a hand made ginger ale; but coke, royal crown cola and the whole lot is strictly off limits! Evil or Very Mad

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:26 pm

ok ok OK Suspect

can I have a lager and lime? that's classy too.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:30 pm

Do they charge extra for the lime? Suspect

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sun Oct 25, 2015 10:07 pm

Lager and lime is just dandy. So long as it ain't a Corona, Budweiser, Coors...

Corona is possibly the worst beer on the planet. the only reason it survives is someone first came up with the idea of lager and lime using a Corona.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Oct 25, 2015 11:47 pm

so cute  Sad

Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum