halfwise
Eldorion
Bluebottle
Mrs Figg
Pettytyrant101
20 posters

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

Go down

Just...................whatever [5] - Page 40 Empty Re: Just...................whatever [5]

Post by azriel Sun Nov 01, 2015 6:02 pm

Razz Laughing He's doing a public service ! think of all the rotten teeth & obesity Petty has saved kids from by nicking their sweets ! Laughing

Just...................whatever [5] - Page 40 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Just...................whatever [5] - Page 40 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Just...................whatever [5] - Page 40 Empty Re: Just...................whatever [5]

Post by bungobaggins Sun Nov 01, 2015 9:06 pm

Love those spider webs, Az! Very Happy

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Sun Nov 01, 2015 9:29 pm

Forest Shepherd wrote:I really like that piece by Berlioz! Perfect for the time of year.
The funnest thing about hearing music like that from 1830 and recognizing it because horror and thriller films have used so many of the same instrumental techniques and styles in their own musical scores.

Similarly, it really astonished me when I first heard early American music (like New World Symphony) because it was the same music that you hear in older westerns. It's not like these  early film companies came up with the idea of their own  musical genre; they simply took from what had been considered the new American style!

Glad you liked it, Forest. I always like to dig that piece up on Halloween.

Yeah, most composers from "the Golden Age" of Hollywood were big fans of using sounds and techniques from American folk and Late European Romantic styles (especially Wagner). We really have them to thank for classic film scores and the modern use of orchestral film music.

I also love how a simple tune from nearly 1,000 years ago can still hold permanence today, even if it's used in a tongue-in-cheek fashion.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dies_Irae#Musical_quotations

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:29 am

Just...................whatever [5] - Page 40 Th_numbers_zpsbjlzywqm

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Mon Nov 02, 2015 2:41 pm

What mitsake? Shrugging

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Mon Nov 02, 2015 3:00 pm

Oh..........poop !

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Tue Nov 03, 2015 12:13 am

I'm studying to be a lawyer. I feel compelled to read the small print. Very Happy

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Tue Nov 03, 2015 2:19 am

Just...................whatever [5] - Page 40 IMoy96H

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Wed Nov 04, 2015 2:13 pm

why hasn't iphone come up with like a safe-album on your cameraroll? like for nudes and embarrashing shit you don't want everyone to see? like with a password and shit. so you don't have a heart attack when someone picks up your phone and wants to look at pictures from the party or whatever.. like like you can't even open the "photos"-app without accidently whoops there's a boob ! because every goddamn album has a fucking album cover! i want this. like now. please. i am so stressed out about this. especially since facebook now keeps asking if i wanna share my latest picture and i am like hell no i haven't posted a picture on facebook that wasn't via instagram in like three years HELL NO! how fucking hard is it, iphone-makers? one album that is locked with a password, no album cover where you can move pictures away from your camera roll so like kids and friends don't see the embarrasing amount of selfies and shit and other narcissistic tendencies?? that would be great! i honestly don't need these daily heart-attacks. 

AND! on another note. never be embarrassed about nudes and selfies. we should all have plenty of picture of our butt in good lightening, our fluffy hair on a good hair-day, on-point make-up etc. because let's face it. when we wake up and look like shit and our skin is like fuck you and your hormones imma give you fuck loads of pimpels that hurts like a motherfucker, we need those photos to see that this is temporary, we can and will look gorgeous again. Self-confidence-boost! same for nudes. my body will never look as good as it does now. unless i start exercising and boost that butt and shit, but there is a veeery small chance that i'll have that will-power lol. so by default without doing shit, this is the best it'll ever be. so when i am old and have saggy tits and flat ass (i know i will one day Sad) i can look back be like "damn gurl you looked damn fine back in your glory-days!" ... 

just don't share them. selfies maybe occasionally on instagram, but... never nudes. (and don't send them to exes, it doesn't help!). just look at them and know that you are great. love yourself. respect yourself. 

xoxo Norc

(this goes for guys too though)
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Wed Nov 04, 2015 2:17 pm

but honestly the photo-set-up on the iphone really bothers me. like you can make albums but every photo you've ever taken is on that fucking camera roll!!!  Extremely Crabbit Extremely Crabbit Extremely Crabbit Extremely Crabbit
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Wed Nov 04, 2015 2:22 pm

(also if you're taking nudes i recommend black-and-white-filter and maybe try to make it a bit arty Smile then you avoid it looking slutty. imma stop now.. )
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Wed Nov 04, 2015 2:28 pm

also. for a self-confidence boost, draw an embarrassingly amount of self portraits. i do. (and i love it)
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Wed Nov 04, 2015 2:48 pm

Uhm, Norc, could I borrow your phone for a second? I need to call a friend...

Fra spøk til alvor, liked your post - I've never thought about it that way, but you make some very good points. There's always the risk of someone seeing them that shouldn't, but you could break a leg slipping on the ice tomorrow as well. Live a little, who cares Smile

Just...................whatever [5] - Page 40 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:09 pm

haha.. maybe it's part of the fun Wink the risk of it.. anyhow... if people do see it, it might be embarrassing  right there and then, but then i think "hey, they lucky as hell though!" and then i shrug it off.. like at folkhighschool i forgot to lock the door when taking a shower and this guy came in.. whoops.. we laugh at it now (and well..it could have been someone else and that would'v been worse i guess... more awkward.. it helped that we both found it funny rather than awkward).. Laughing
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:09 pm

Ringdrotten wrote:Uhm, Norc, could I borrow your phone for a second? I need to call a friend...
 Smile
sure i'll dial the number for you Laughing
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:17 pm

you could break a leg slipping on the ice tomorrow as well- Ringdrotten

Yeah then the police, emergency services and everyone else down the line looks through your phone!

To be honest I don't understand this preoccupation with selfies- I hate having my photo taken and not just because of the cost of replacing the camera afterwards Mad
The thought of taking photos of myself, for myself just seems kind of egotistical and vain to me Shrugging

Also so easy to hack phones these days and end up with your 'private' pictures cropping up on some website somewhere.

Also I am generally concerned by the younger female preoccupation with their appearance- I've worked in care for 20 years but this time its different with the younger female members- its continuous diets, comments about their looks, hair, weight, discussions about products that will help you slim, or at least look slimmer. And there is real stress there over it all under the surface that's plain enough to see.

Women really should have worked out by now that men are not fussy about womens body shapes at all, we are generally just grateful to get permission to be allowed near one Nod

-------

http://www.hobbitmovieforum.com/viewtopic.forum?t=1233

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum