halfwise
Eldorion
Bluebottle
Mrs Figg
Pettytyrant101
20 posters

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Just...................whatever [5] - Page 39 Empty Re: Just...................whatever [5]

Post by David H Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:55 am

halfwise wrote:
Corona is possibly the worst beer on the planet.

Can you name me even one good beer that comes in a clear bottle? There's a theory that the flavor breaks down when exposed to light.
Though I don't claim it proves anything, I can say from experience that the Coronas I had in Mexico directly from the distributor had almost none of the distinctive skunky taste of US Corona.
 the only reason it survives is someone first came up with the idea of lager and lime using a Corona.

I suspect that was the German navy. drunken

Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Just...................whatever [5] - Page 39 Empty Re: Just...................whatever [5]

Post by halfwise Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:19 pm

That would explain a lot. I can't imagine they would have gotten as widely distributed given the taste unless somebody somewhere liked it.

Hmm...part of the attraction of putting a slice of lime in a corona bottle is that you can see it, which isn't true with colored bottles. Seems like lime and skunked beer will always go together.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:23 pm

I am so fond of Christmas Vids Figgy Very Happy I love them, I get all gooey & cant wait to decorate the Christmas tree & drink hot chocolate Very Happy

Just...................whatever [5] - Page 39 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Just...................whatever [5] - Page 39 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Oct 26, 2015 2:59 pm

wowzer this is visually stunning too. its not cute but its lovely to watch.

Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Mon Oct 26, 2015 6:05 pm

Now he realize what made boredom so attractive. It was the knowledge that worse things, dangerously exciting things, were going on just around the corner and that you were well out of them. For boredom to be enjoyable there had to be something to compare it with.
- ERIC, BY TERRY PRATCHETT

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Oct 26, 2015 6:16 pm

I get all gooey & cant wait to decorate the Christmas tree & drink hot chocolate- Azriel

I'd celebrate January 2nd as 'thank fuck that's over again' Day if it weren't the fact I am still very drunk by then thanks to Hogmanany not being so much a night long celebration in Scotshobbitland as the first couple of weeks of January drunken

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Mon Oct 26, 2015 6:33 pm

Scrooge Mc Tyrant Very Happy
Tho I do admit I dont enjoy Christmas so much these days. I love the decorating, I love pigging out on food that will easily make me 10 stone heavier, Screaming obscenities at the TV for showing the same old shite again & again but, thats Christmas Smile Be nice if it fluttered snowflakes late on Christmas Eve ! ................

"how do you tell the difference between a Snowman & a Snowlady ?"

Snowballs

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:17 pm

halfwise wrote:

Corona is possibly the worst beer on the planet.  the only reason it survives is someone first came up with the idea of lager and lime using a Corona.

Someone has obviously never drunk a can of warm (or cold) Fosters disgusting flavourless p*ss...

Corona isn't great though.

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:42 pm

Ah, I think we've got you beat there. Razz Ever tried warm norwegian Tuborg?

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:25 am

Just...................whatever [5] - Page 39 Tumblr_n1q9s5JL1L1ss9srro1_400

That escalated quickly. Shocked

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:40 pm

wakes up: tired
mid day: tired
afternoon: could literally sleep for 20 hours straight
evening: normal
middle of the goddamn night: its time to Go!!!!!!!!!

That is.. a little too true. Sleep

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:28 am

Bluebottle wrote:Just...................whatever [5] - Page 39 Tumblr_n1q9s5JL1L1ss9srro1_400

That escalated quickly. Shocked

Without having read his Wikipedia page before I figured that had to be Emperor Norton:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emperor_Norton

His life story is definitely worth a read btw.
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:58 pm

Well, he's one upped Napoleon. Shocked

1 Origins and education
2 Early career
2.1 Siege of Toulon
2.2 13 Vendémiaire
2.3 First Italian campaign
2.4 Egyptian expedition
3 Ruler of France
3.1 French Consulate
3.1.1 Temporary peace in Europe
3.2 French Empire
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Napoleon

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sat Oct 31, 2015 2:15 pm

Just...................whatever [5] - Page 39 Samhain-stags_zpsft3aqcki

Happy Halloween everyone Wave
Tonight is the thin veil between this world & the next, Light a candle for the ones you've loved & lost, I know I will.

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Sat Oct 31, 2015 5:43 pm

Just...................whatever [5] - Page 39 12196098_1247019888652353_5894497208066936797_n

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Sat Oct 31, 2015 6:36 pm

I love you I love you

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Sat Oct 31, 2015 9:04 pm

Happy Halloween

Part five
Dream of a witches’ sabbath

He sees himself at a witches’ sabbath, in the midst of a hideous gathering of shades, sorcerers and monsters of every kind who have come together for his funeral. Strange sounds, groans, outbursts of laughter; distant shouts which seem to be answered by more shouts. The beloved melody appears once more, but has now lost its noble and shy character; it is now no more than a vulgar dance tune, trivial and grotesque: it is she who is coming to the sabbath… Roar of delight at her arrival… She joins the diabolical orgy… The funeral knell tolls, burlesque parody of the Dies irae,** the dance of the witches. The dance of the witches combined with the Dies irae.

http://www.hberlioz.com/Scores/fantas.htm

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:05 pm

In Scotland the tradition was once guising.
Children came to the door in costume and then came in to the gathered household and did something- a skit, a song, a dance, a joke- anything- then got the reward of the treats. And a great time was had by all.

Then things started getting more and more US-style.

So these days the guisers had no song to sing, no skit or joke to perform, the tradition has all but died out replaced by the horrible American demand of 'Trick or treat!'

But I have found the perfect crabbit Scots response to this - I reply, "Obviously I'll take 'treat'. Before proceeding to take treats out of each of their bags and sending them on their way in tears.

I think this is the first time I've enjoyed Halloween in years Nod

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:48 pm

@Petty slap laugh

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Sun Nov 01, 2015 1:41 am

It is good to hear that you are showing the appropriate amount of crabbit at this festive time Petty! Nod

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sun Nov 01, 2015 9:07 am

Good on yer Petty tho I do believe we celebrate things like Halloween as a good excuse to have fun & cheer up !! Lets face it, what in fooks name is there to be happy about in this crappy country ? Any excuse to laugh & have fun is great by me Very Happy stops you going NUTS ! Last night I was surprised at how many did dress up & decorate their homes ! There were masses of little "imps" running around hoping for goodies Very Happy
This morning when I got up & let the cat out I was wowed by just how many spider webs are actually in your garden, as well as everywhere else. Strings & strings of pearls & diamonds hanging like old fragile lace on every shrub, bush, tree, rubbish bin, ornament, car side mirrors, the lot, It was like the "imps" faeries & night creatures were waiting patiently for the humans to stop playing & when we were all in bed the "imps" etc came out & had their party Very Happy It does feel kinda magical here, all quiet, a warm mist shrouding the view & sparkling in the daylight is 100s of pearls & diamonds.

Just...................whatever [5] - Page 39 DSC03929_zps2jnuifvi

Just...................whatever [5] - Page 39 DSC03927_zpso5v8xjqo

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Nov 01, 2015 1:54 pm

wow that's a BIG spidersweb. Shocked
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Sun Nov 01, 2015 3:59 pm

I really like that piece by Berlioz! Perfect for the time of year.
The funnest thing about hearing music like that from 1830 and recognizing it because horror and thriller films have used so many of the same instrumental techniques and styles in their own musical scores.

Similarly, it really astonished me when I first heard early American music (like New World Symphony) because it was the same music that you hear in older westerns. It's not like these early film companies came up with the idea of their own musical genre; they simply took from what had been considered the new American style!

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Nov 01, 2015 4:51 pm

tho I do believe we celebrate things like Halloween as a good excuse to have fun & cheer up !!- Azriel

Oh I have fun all right- and am very cheered up by the surprising amount of free sweets I procured Nod

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Sun Nov 01, 2015 5:23 pm

No

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum