Ringdrotten
Eldorion
halfwise
Pettytyrant101
Norc
14 posters

Page 8 of 31 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 19 ... 31  Next

Go down

Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole [3] - Page 8 Empty Re: Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole [3]

Post by Mrs Figg Sun May 31, 2015 6:29 pm

Shocked today?
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole [3] - Page 8 Empty Re: Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole [3]

Post by Bluebottle Sun May 31, 2015 6:30 pm

Yeah. Very Happy Not here though, up in the mountains. Smile

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun May 31, 2015 6:33 pm

but still. its June. Summer and all that. No
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sun May 31, 2015 9:05 pm

High up the mountains
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:13 am

Just realized that if we exclude norway from scandinavia, the map of sweden and Finland would just look like a non-erigated penis ...
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:00 am

Norc wrote:Just realized that if we exclude norway from scandinavia, the map of sweden and Finland would just look like a non-erigated penis ...

You only just noticed?  It makes me giggle whenever I see pictures of older Euro coins. Very Happy

Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole [3] - Page 8 HvjQPXp
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Mon Jun 01, 2015 1:02 pm

Hehehehhehehhehehehe
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Mon Jun 01, 2015 1:55 pm

A non-erigated penis the size of Sweden? Shocked The mind boggles.. if it was erect it would be penetrating Iceland..

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:12 pm

Röyksopp is making the new theme music for fjordlandian state news. Shocked

That's pretty fancy.

http://www.nrk.no/kultur/royksopp-lager-dagsrevyens-nye-vignett-1.12395040

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sat Jun 06, 2015 12:56 am

Omg thats so cool, i like how he compares it to a software update Razz
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Sun Jun 07, 2015 7:11 am

The software update thing was spot on. Very Happy And I for one thought it sounded pretty cool. Nod

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sun Jun 07, 2015 10:32 am

Bluebottle wrote:Röyksopp is making the new theme music for fjordlandian state news. Shocked

That's pretty fancy.

http://www.nrk.no/kultur/royksopp-lager-dagsrevyens-nye-vignett-1.12395040

WTF does it say ? Shrugging Smile

Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole [3] - Page 8 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole [3] - Page 8 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sun Jun 07, 2015 3:20 pm

I started translating for you, Az:

"I nærmere ett år har Svein Berge og Torbjørn Brundtland jobbet med å lage en ny lydprofil til Norges mest sette nyhetssending. Her kan du høre vignetten som snart kommer på TV."

=

"I nearly ate around seven burgers at Torbjorn Brundtland [obviously a burger joint]; job med[ically] large in my lidproof til Norc [?] most set myhatsending [euphemism for upchucking?]. Her can do whore vignettes ..[at this point the translator gave up, overcome with blushes at what came next.]"

So there you go, Az. Tried to help, but it became rather thick there at the end.

Last edited by halfwise on Sun Jun 07, 2015 3:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Jun 07, 2015 3:23 pm

Laughing
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sun Jun 07, 2015 3:50 pm

lol! I love your interpretations Halfy !

Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole [3] - Page 8 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole [3] - Page 8 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Jun 07, 2015 4:21 pm

lol!

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:01 pm

oh dear ... shall i translate?
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:14 pm

I just did. Suspect

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:19 pm

ok, you're translation is better.

it's basically that Röyksopp has been working on the new NRK news music thingi. it's on tonight Smile
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:27 pm

halfwise wrote:I started translating for you, Az:

"I nærmere ett år har Svein Berge og Torbjørn Brundtland jobbet med å lage en ny lydprofil til Norges mest sette nyhetssending. Her kan du høre vignetten som snart kommer på TV."

=

"I nearly ate around seven burgers at Torbjorn Brundtland [obviously a burger joint]; job med[ically] large in my lidproof til Norc [?] most set myhatsending [euphemism for upchucking?].  Her can do whore vignettes ..[at this point the translator gave up, overcome with blushes at what came next.]"

So there you go, Az.  Tried to help, but it became rather thick there at the end.

Even more hilarious when you know what it actually says lol!

Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole [3] - Page 8 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:33 pm

Laughing And you nearly got one word right. Wink

Az;

https://translate.google.no/translate?sl=no&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=no&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nrk.no%2Fkultur%2Froyksopp-lager-dagsrevyens-nye-vignett-1.12395040&edit-text=&act=url

About the software update, he basically said. "We expect complaints. It's a bit with like a software update. You get all these fancy new functions that can't see the point of, but with time you start wondering how you could ever live without them."

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sun Jun 07, 2015 7:22 pm

Laughing thanks Blue, Awwwh, you kept the squishy owls Smile

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sun Jun 07, 2015 7:40 pm

That's what often happens with hamburgers. Nod Different sauce, fresh onions replaced with grilled...

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Sun Jun 07, 2015 7:55 pm

Squishy owls. Very Happy Hamburgers can be good if made properly. Nod

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:44 pm

got a bit nostalgic and realized how well this song depicts fjordian dialects (+ swedish and english) they're basically just saying two lines which roughly translates "have you farted, have you pooped, do you have dongleberries (poop) in your butt?" but yeah, saying it in different dialects. it's probably funnier if you know the language, but i can imagine it'll be fun to show you guys how different one sentence in bokmål "har du bæsja, har du prompa, har du donglebær i rompa?" can sound very different. Northern version (where they stop and applaud) is "har du kabla, har du slusa, har du svartball i mannemusa?".. how to translate that.. "have you laid a cable, have you sluiced, have you got black-balls in your man-cunt?" the sørland one (all at the bottom of this country) has a very polite one "do you have poop in you little face?". the majority of this is more or less un-translatable but you get the idea. 

gold right here. 

Last edited by Norc on Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 31 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 19 ... 31  Next