Ringdrotten
Eldorion
halfwise
Pettytyrant101
Norc
14 posters

Page 7 of 31 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 19 ... 31  Next

Go down

Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole [3] - Page 7 Empty Re: Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole [3]

Post by halfwise Sun May 17, 2015 3:28 pm

azriel wrote:Its my son AND daughters birthday today Very Happy  Ten year old twins I call them, born 10 yrs apart on the same day,

Very efficient of you. Combine parties.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole [3] - Page 7 Empty Re: Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole [3]

Post by Bluebottle Sun May 17, 2015 4:57 pm

azriel wrote:Shocked  Is it normally that busy or is something going on that day ?

It's always tht busy on the 17th of May. Nod (Our national day. Wink ) There's a long march with children and marching bands from every school in Oslo and other different stuff to celebrate.

Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole [3] - Page 7 11280423_476321915854093_765938302_n

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Sun May 17, 2015 4:59 pm

azriel wrote:Its my son AND daughters birthday today Very Happy  Ten year old twins I call them, born 10 yrs apart on the same day,

Hey, maybe you are fjordlandian after all. Very Happy

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Sun May 17, 2015 5:00 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:Congrats Blue on your 6000th post! cheers :carrot: :carrot:

Thanks. Very Happy

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sun May 17, 2015 5:37 pm

Congratulations, Blue! flower

And happy Constitution Day to all our Fjordian friends! Norway
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sun May 17, 2015 5:39 pm

Bluebottle wrote:

Hey, maybe you are fjordlandian after all. Very Happy

Laughing I could be anything Blue, my dad put it about a bit :brows:

Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole [3] - Page 7 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole [3] - Page 7 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Sun May 17, 2015 5:59 pm

Well, I think we should at least name you a honorary fjordian for the day. Wink

So.. happy national/constitution day. Very Happy

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sun May 17, 2015 6:11 pm

Thankyou ! Im honoured ! Very Happy

Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole [3] - Page 7 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole [3] - Page 7 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Tue May 19, 2015 11:48 am

constitution day was awesome. champagne for breakfast. was pissed off by the crowd and almost freezed my feet off. me and my friend walked like to little old ladies after standing still for two hours. couldn't feel our feet and joints were liek syrup. didn't get sick though. or pregnant. so i got that going for me i guess.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Tue May 19, 2015 11:49 am

also heard a story about to americans arriving in Bergen at the 17th of May, totally unaware (or un-educated) of the date. they asked some random person what was going on (since there were party and flags and bunads and what not everywhere). The norwegian guy answered "it's sunday". true story.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by huffjuff Tue May 19, 2015 12:29 pm

I play in a marching band and 17th of May is without doubt the longest day of the year. The marchingbands starts around 6 o'clock somewhere and aren't finished until late... This year I "only" marched 20km carrying and playing my 12kg instrument (EUPHONIUM mastr race). I fell asleep when I came in the door and overslept the cakes :'( It is fun tho

huffjuff
Ringwinner

https://andreashustadphotography.myportfolio.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Tue May 19, 2015 12:48 pm

That's right, you're a euphonium player. The mythical euphonium player who actually got a date. You're an icon.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Tue May 19, 2015 12:50 pm

You got a date?
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Tue May 19, 2015 1:27 pm

I may have him confused with someone else. scratch

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Tue May 19, 2015 4:05 pm

huffjuff wrote:I play in a marching band and 17th of May is without doubt the longest day of the year. The marchingbands starts around 6 o'clock somewhere and aren't finished until late... This year I "only" marched 20km carrying and playing my 12kg instrument (EUPHONIUM mastr race). I fell asleep when I came in the door and overslept the cakes :'( It is fun tho

We clocked in about 21000 steps on the 17th.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Wed May 20, 2015 12:35 am

halfwise wrote:That's right, you're a euphonium player.  The mythical euphonium player who actually got a date.  You're an icon.

Is this a stereotype? I recently started watching an anime about a brass band where the main character plays the euphonium, but I don't know the first thing about brass instruments.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Wed May 20, 2015 12:39 am

There must be an anime about everything.

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed May 20, 2015 12:41 am

To start with, almost nobody even knows what a euphonium is.  And once they see it, they're not exactly impressed.  A chick magnet, it ain't.  Not like playing trumpet, or saxophone, or even trombone.  A french horn at least has style, though it's sort of anti-macho.  A euphonium's got nothing.

A euphonium player is the type of guy who, in a moment of silence you look around at him and go "oh...you're still here?"

Not beating on Huff-Juff, more commiserating as a fellow sufferer of the instrument.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Wed May 20, 2015 12:45 am

That makes sense.  It wasn't something I'd ever heard of before watching this show. Razz

bungobaggins wrote:There must be an anime about everything.

This one is actually pretty good so far. Not as good as the boxing anime that got me interested in that sport for the first time, though.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Wed May 20, 2015 10:35 am

The jazz-sexophones stripped (all men, 6) during our last performance at the school. All french hornists (3) were girls Smile trombones are maybe not the sexiest people, but they're the most fun. Same goes for tubaists.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed May 20, 2015 12:02 pm

Trombone/euphonists players make the best kissers. It's all in the mouthpiece - the perfect size. Trumpet and french hornist purse their lips; tubaist are sloppy.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by huffjuff Wed May 20, 2015 3:11 pm

halfwise wrote:That's right, you're a euphonium player.  The mythical euphonium player who actually got a date.  You're an icon.

Yes I had a date once. Why?

huffjuff
Ringwinner

Back to top Go down

Post by huffjuff Wed May 20, 2015 3:13 pm

halfwise wrote:Trombone/euphonists players make the best kissers.  It's all in the mouthpiece - the perfect size.  Trumpet and french hornist purse their lips; tubaist are sloppy.

I don't know if this is supposed to make me happy, but it does Kissing

huffjuff
Ringwinner

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Sun May 31, 2015 6:16 pm

Picture from today.

Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole [3] - Page 7 IfykE9y_urTir9l2RyLuRQleEWxnroaH0TZt9zKAvRUQ
http://www.nrk.no/hordaland/vegvesenet_-_-dette-er-spesielt-1.12386462

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sun May 31, 2015 6:21 pm

That's nuts. No
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 31 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 19 ... 31  Next