RA
Nagual
Ringdrotten
chris63
bungobaggins
21 posters

Page 4 of 29 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16 ... 29  Next

Go down

Favourite computer games of all time. [2] - Page 4 Empty Re: Favourite computer games of all time. [2]

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Nov 30, 2014 12:02 pm

It may have been by far far far far far more profitable, but we all know you to be a man of honour. Bravo, sir. Bravo- Nagual

:facepalm: Bollocks!! Evil or Very Mad

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Favourite computer games of all time. [2] - Page 4 Empty Re: Favourite computer games of all time. [2]

Post by Nagual Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:20 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:It may have been by far far far far far more profitable, but we all know you to be a man of honour. Bravo, sir. Bravo- Nagual

:facepalm: Bollocks!! Evil or Very Mad

How many ships have you Pirated? None. Smuggler? Nope. Avoider of conflict? Yes. As a I said man of honour. Not my fault you're a goody two shoes.. Razz
Nagual
Nagual
Ringwinner

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:53 pm

Space being distorted by a Black Hole in Elite Dangerous-

Favourite computer games of all time. [2] - Page 4 VXC8LQzjpg_zpsdcaaecfc

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:20 pm

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:20 pm

How come light is massless and yet it's still affected by gravity?

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:52 am

Because gravity doesnt just affect something with mass. I am probably the wrong person to answer as I really dont know what I am on about... but I believe anything, be it an object with mass or just energy, needs to achieve escape velocity to overcome another objects gravitational pull. For a black hole, this is either equal to or greater than the speed of light, therefore light cannot escape.

I am sure our resident expert will be able to explain the technical aspects around relativity and spacetime.
Lancebloke
Lancebloke
Tamer and master of Large Metallic Fell Beasts

http://www.lancebloke.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:04 pm

But isn't the force of gravity only created by objects with mass? So having it affect things that have no mass is like water lighting up darkness: it doesn't seem as though they should apply.

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by RA Fri Dec 26, 2014 5:17 am

I prefer Majora's Mask to Ocarina. But I still find the preference people hold for Link to the Past to be interesting.

"From him they learnt many things it were not good for any but the great Valar to know, for being half-comprehended such deep hidden things slay happiness; and besides many of the sayings of Melko were cunning lies or were but partly true, and the Noldoli ceased to sing, and their viols fell silent upon the hill of Kôr, for their hearts grew somewhat older as their lore grew deeper and their desires more swollen, and the books of their wisdom were multiplied as the leaves of the forest."

Remember Merp - July 11th, 2013
RA
RA
Defender of the faith and Dunedain of the thread

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Fri Dec 26, 2014 7:15 pm

Bloody Playstation Network!!
Lancebloke
Lancebloke

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Fri Dec 26, 2014 7:17 pm

Just because this is vaguely computer related (and quite old now... but still).
Lancebloke
Lancebloke

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:28 am

Reasons why I love Elite Dangerous - the latest update includes the exoplanets Kepler 438 b and 442 b discovered just last week by the Kepler telescope.

Now thats attention to detail- I might just have to go and take a look at them. Nod

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Tue Jan 20, 2015 4:57 pm

Favourite computer games of all time. [2] - Page 4 LI0AYxq

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister71 Tue Jan 20, 2015 5:05 pm

Been hooked on Dragon Age Inquisition for a while now. Down to almost the last battle. Then I suppose I'll move onto something else. Either the shadow of Mordor, which I'm just not even going to think about the LOTR connection with that one. Or I'm going to start Far cry 4. Haven't made up my mind yet

Suspect  NEVERMIND I'LL BE OVER HERE KEEPING MY MOUTH SHUT Suspect
Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:44 pm

A guy from my D&D group has been playing Dragon Age: Inquisition a lot lately. He said he liked it too.

Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister71 Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:18 pm

Got about 700 hours into it. Only reason I know that is cause it tells you on the saves. I can't wait to go back to work I have no life ... lol!

Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:21 am

Yikes that's a lot, considering it's only been out for a couple months!

Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:42 pm

Sin - don't buy Destiny! It will have you playing for hours, days in fact and you won't know why!
Lancebloke
Lancebloke

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:49 pm

Nagual recently finished Dragon Age- he liked it a lot.

But if you need a game to sink all your time into Sin- I'd recommend Elite Dangerous- its hard to quantify but after a while you discover that hours have gone by without you seeming to notice them passing.

Here's Zero Punctuations review of it-

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister71 Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:03 pm

Thanks guys, I actually have destiny haven't played that yet either. Petty I'll check that game out.

Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Post by RA Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:59 am

GOG just got more Star Wars games which is awesome. Always good to see more options and I definitely support the anti-DRM revolution.

"From him they learnt many things it were not good for any but the great Valar to know, for being half-comprehended such deep hidden things slay happiness; and besides many of the sayings of Melko were cunning lies or were but partly true, and the Noldoli ceased to sing, and their viols fell silent upon the hill of Kôr, for their hearts grew somewhat older as their lore grew deeper and their desires more swollen, and the books of their wisdom were multiplied as the leaves of the forest."

RA
RA

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:58 am

Good ole GOG- Im a big fan of theres. Nod

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by RA Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:00 am

Pettytyrant101 wrote:Good ole GOG- Im a big fan of theres. Nod
Indeed!
Very Happy

RA
RA

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:17 am

Ooooo they have X-Wing v. Tie Fighter. I loved that game as a kid. Of course they don't have it for mac! :facepalm:

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by RA Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:53 am

bungobaggins wrote:Ooooo they have X-Wing v. Tie Fighter. I loved that game as a kid. Of course they don't have it for mac! :facepalm:

Gotta get that Windows 10 Smugdog :brows:

RA
RA

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:30 pm

I aint sure about win10- looks like the same problem as Vista- jack of all trades master of none.

Anyway this made me smile, well a bit

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 29 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16 ... 29  Next