RA
Nagual
Ringdrotten
chris63
bungobaggins
21 posters

Page 10 of 29 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 19 ... 29  Next

Go down

Favourite computer games of all time. [2] - Page 10 Empty Re: Favourite computer games of all time. [2]

Post by Forest Shepherd Thu Sep 22, 2016 4:40 am

Ooh, sexy pics Petty.

New Destiny? That's an MMO with raids? Do you lead the raids Lance or is it more of a everyone-pitches in sort of thing?

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Favourite computer games of all time. [2] - Page 10 Empty Re: Favourite computer games of all time. [2]

Post by Lancebloke Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:01 am

Forest - it is an FPS with some MMO elements going on.

The raids are 6 person, multi-hour endeavours. It has been found possible to do them solo but generally it takes 6 people to do them successfully.. especially when theye first come out and your fireteam isn't very powerful!
Lancebloke
Lancebloke
Tamer and master of Large Metallic Fell Beasts

http://www.lancebloke.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:13 pm

{{{{ Gave fallout 4 another go- now there are enough mods out there to fix some of the issues I had with the base game- alternative start helps a lot but still no way round the bland voiced protagonist sadly Mad Or the on-rails sections of character development Mad  But it looks a lot nicer at least modded}}

Spoiler:

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Oct 01, 2016 7:59 pm

{{{I decided to go back and play the Mass Effect games through from the beginning. Its the first time I will have done so back to back with all DLC for all 3 games.

So far I have been playing ME1. And I suspect it may well be the best of them despite some flaws-like the amount of time spent in elevators or making areas far apart just so it takes time to get there and stretch the game out (why I dont know it doesn't need it!)  and some of the combat is a little low par by modern standards.
But a lot is very good, particular the not dumbed down like the next two were rpg elements- a good spread of stats to spend points on that actually seem to make a difference to how you play for example. And the plot and characters remain among the best presented and written in the series.

The basic plot is fairly straightforward, its good guy v bad maniac who wants to destroy the universe- nothing new there- but the mystery of the Reapers keep things ticking over with nicely timed reveals of information about them which increases the threat, and it allows the plot to touch on secondary world building story lines and characters- the genophage, the rachnii ect

Its also pretty damn well acted, both in terms of the voice acting (in my view the female Shephard is superior to the male in this department) and in the character modelling, its easy to read expressions and moods on the characters. And in this, despite it being the oldest of the three I still find it the superior.
ME 2 and 3 both use completely different graphic styles, and whilst 2 in particular has superior lighting ect, and 3 has superior scale of vistas in the playfield 1 remains for me the best balanced of them in looks, and by far my favourite visual representation of Shephard and crew.

The version I am playing has a HD texture pack added, and I am using the NVidea panel to get certain lighting and anti-aliasing settings, but even given this I think it still remains a stunning looking game of this genre, and for me aesthetically the most pleasing of the ME series.}}
Spoiler:

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Sun Oct 02, 2016 12:16 pm

I am finally hoping to get in the latest raid on Destiny today. Been grinding out my level to try and be good enough and think I am just about ready... probably be the weaker one on the team. If I can, I will post some footage.
Lancebloke
Lancebloke

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Oct 02, 2016 6:24 pm

{{{Never payed Destiny Lance- it got a bit of a kicking when it first came out for repetitive gameplay and for chopping a full game up into bits then selling you all the bits separately Mad (sadly they are far from the only ones to do that) - but I understand its had some overhauls since launch- look forward to the vid to see what its current state of play is like.}}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Sun Oct 02, 2016 7:58 pm

Petty - I am not sure how much I believe in the chopping up stories. The story about the game being 'rebooted' last minute looks the most likely given what was shown before release and what we got.

The story was shockingly bad but has improved a lot. The gameplay is awesome and the raids are some of the best gaming experiences of any that I have played. Will try and get something together that does it justice.
Lancebloke
Lancebloke

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Mon Oct 03, 2016 1:05 am

Had a look at The Witcher 3, looked like alot of fun. Anyone played it?

Favourite computer games of all time. [2] - Page 10 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Mon Oct 03, 2016 5:22 am

I think I saw some ads for it on Youtube at some point.  Shrugging
But I could be mistaken.

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Tue Oct 11, 2016 6:52 am

I forgot to get footage but I finally finished that raid. I will have to capture audio if I can work out how so you can hear how much chatter there is on the last boss!
Lancebloke
Lancebloke

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Oct 11, 2016 2:59 pm

{{{Shame you didnt vid it Lance- maybe next time Nod }}}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Tue Oct 11, 2016 4:45 pm

I forgot to save the video afterwards and I don't think I am set up to capture mic audio right now anyway so wouldn't have reflected the teamwork element very well... would just look random!
Lancebloke
Lancebloke

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Thu Oct 13, 2016 6:54 pm

Think I got some footage today. Have to check it out... do a bit of editing and will post.
Lancebloke
Lancebloke

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Sat Oct 15, 2016 4:20 pm

OK, here we go. I have taken a few pieces of the raid so you can see what sort of things it entails. These are clean runs... in most cases we died a lot before beating it.

This is the first boss which you actually fight earlier and then have to follow down in to his lair. This is the second part of the fight.

Lots of climbing later and you come to the top of this wall (which is an important part of the overall story)

Then jumping off and in to one of the most intricate puzzles of the game. There are parts earlier in the raid that involve finding hidden things and activating. Took the community a while to work this last part out.

First part of the last boss:

And the second part which takes a bit of co-ordination. Also helps if you dont die as much as me... when hard mode comes out in 3 days you cant get revived so dying will be a game changer.

And not mine but this is the main theme from the soundtrack to the latest expansion. If there is one thing that has been consistently good about Destiny it is the sound design. The score is amazing and the sound effects are awesome.

Not sure this will get anyone playing but if you do and on PS4 then hit me up. Always happy to sherpa!

Last edited by Lancebloke on Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lancebloke
Lancebloke

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Oct 15, 2016 9:30 pm

{{{ Blimey Lance Shocked thats a shitstorm of bullets that I wouldn't last five seconds in! I like how the game design actually promotes cooperation, in fact makes it necessary to success.
Were you playing in a private group of closed friends or just with random folks off a server?
Sadly even were I anywhere near that proficient in fps multiplayer (I am not, I tend to play the single player campaigns and not the multiplayer as I tend to be narrative driven and the narrative tends to be better in single player modes) I couldn't not join up with you as I am pc elitist and snob! Very Happy }}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Sat Oct 15, 2016 10:15 pm

Destiny has an app where you can go and find people for different activities. The raid is campaign mode but with 6 fireteam members on your team. Can do lots on your own though.
Lancebloke
Lancebloke

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Sat Oct 15, 2016 10:35 pm

A brief, but interesting discussion and analysis about game menu and in-game sounds in Hearthstone and other games.

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Mon Oct 17, 2016 1:04 pm

Rockstar just uploaded this to their facebook page.. Please let it be a RDR sequel/prequel!! I'd be happy even for a PS4/xbox one version of RDR.

Favourite computer games of all time. [2] - Page 10 Image10

Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:21 pm

I'd be happy even for a PS4/xbox one version of RDR.- Ringo

{{Id be happy just with a pc version of the bloody thing Mad }}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:25 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:I'd be happy even for a PS4/xbox one version of RDR.- Ringo

{{Id be happy just with a pc version of the bloody thing Mad }}}

Serves you right for clinging on to that silly PC of yours Twisted Evil (((I have owned both PS and xbox as well as PCs, so I consider myself neutral in the whole "console vs PC" and "PS vs Xbox" thing Laughing )))

Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:29 pm

{{Fortunately I had a ps2 when red dead came out- so I did get to play it- but if it was on pc could have had it but even nicer Very Happy And I dont have a working ps2 anymore Mad }}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:35 pm

I feel your pain, my xbox died when I was finally ready to revisit RDR again. Bought the xbox one, but haven't used it much (though I've put quite a few hours into Star Wars Battlefront). You haven't by any chance played the The Witcher games? I'm considering what to treat myself with when my exams are over by the end of November, and so far it's a hot candidate.

Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:42 pm

{{I have witcher 3- I played some of 2 but did not like the gamemechanics- clumsy controls I felt- 3 is a big improvement in that regard so far but still not in my view entirely perfect or fully responsive enough- I never did like how the camera moves in witcher 2 or 3 when you turn round.

Game wise great story, characters, well written dialogue, good premise, huge open world. Combat is quite arcadey for an rpg so that depends how that sits with you personally really. Combat is also quite difficult- if you bump into something thats a good bit above your level your dead.

Haven't played enough of it yet to give it an overall rating, but on the first few hours of gameplay is a comfortable 8 so far. (Also one of the best looking games Ive ever played- not the main thing in a game I know, but nice to have the looks as well)

Mind you having said that I did stop playing it to go back to Sykrim again and play the overhaul mod Enderal, so not sure Witcher 3 exactly got me fully gripped either}}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:48 pm

Story and a huge world is what I'm after, so I'll probably give it a go Smile And difficult combat will be a nice change, actually.

Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:36 pm

RDR 2 announced for fall 2017!!! Very Happy

Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 29 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 19 ... 29  Next