Baingil
Squach
odo banks
Ally
Pettytyrant101
27 posters

Page 26 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next

Go down

Things that are making you crabbit! - Page 26 Empty Re: Things that are making you crabbit!

Post by David H Sun May 27, 2012 5:50 am

Pettytyrant101 wrote: (And Elthir is quite right, 'r''s should be rollled! It makes songs when drunken singing sound much better Nod )

Do you think it could make THIS sound any better? Suspect

Pettytyrant101 wrote: drunken Ag-a-doo-doo-dooOOOOOOOOOOO, push pineapple, shake the treeEEIIIII!
Aga-doo-doo-dooOOOO, push pineapple, grind coffeeEEIIIII!
To the left, to the right, jump up and down and to the kneeEEEIIIISSS!
Come and dance every night, sing with a hula melodIIIIIIIIIIII
drunken

David H
David H
Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Things that are making you crabbit! - Page 26 Empty Re: Things that are making you crabbit!

Post by Amarië Sun May 27, 2012 8:48 am

Elthir wrote:
David H wrote: I was just stressing the vowels because they echo so much better down moderator holes than the consonants do Rolling Eyes

That may be, but we can't simply stress things willy-nilly or forget sounds because of echoes or lack of echoes (or cloudy skies or whathaveyou).

It won't do! It doesn't pass in Lammoth and it won't do here good Sir.

Oh and Wisey Smile

cheers Brilliant!

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun May 27, 2012 1:02 pm

Razz this thread is not making me crrrrrabbit.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Elthir Sun May 27, 2012 2:30 pm

Therrrrrrrrrrrrrrrre, is that betterrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr?

Well you've got the spirit now but don't overdo it Sir, certain crabbit meters might be sensitive to such things.

I mean there's no need to sound like an idling wariangle catcher, after all.
Elthir
Elthir
Sharrasi's prentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun May 27, 2012 3:45 pm

what? you need to roll your arrse to catch wargs? Shocked egad!
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Sun May 27, 2012 5:04 pm

Buggerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Crrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrabbit Meterrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mad
David H
David H

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun May 27, 2012 8:13 pm

Hey! Don't dis the crabbit meter. It gets very crabbit about it.

A gentle rolling of 'r's is best- every heard Tolkien say 'Mordor'- thats professional r rolling right there. Nod

On a note of severe crabbitness the unrelenting heat Scotshobbitland is slowly melting away under continues unabatted. Evil or Very Mad In our suntrap of a backgarden it got to a high of 32 today. Even doubling my buckie intake (which technically was quite a feat to achieve) is not helping.
It cant go on, apart from anything else I may have to lobby to have an extra hour added to the day to accomodate the extra drinking time required, WHERES MY DRIZZLE?! Evil or Very Mad

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Sun May 27, 2012 8:50 pm

The crabbit meter still lives?? I presumed it was killed by bunnies.....

The weather here translates to 15C with scattered showers and the sun peeking out for 15 minutes every once in a while. Perfect spring weather! (Just to rub it in! Wink )
David H
David H

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun May 27, 2012 9:17 pm

The modern crabbit meter David is a vast improvement on the old model available at the time of LotR's- since so many unfortunate explosions followed those films the boffins at Crabbit University Glasgow had to go back to the drawing board (next to the bar)- obviously when it came to testing it they picked the most crabbit, buckie fuelled, PJ loathing person in the country and subjected me to all three films, Extended Editions, Clockwork Orange style whilst hoooked up to the new crabbit meter- I broke all previous levels of crabbit production of course, but it never blew up, although some of it did melt a bit.

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sun May 27, 2012 11:25 pm

It's really hot here too. I tried going for a walk with my brother earlier but it was too hot and humid to be enjoyable. Yesterday was pretty bad too; it feels more like July than May.
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by odo banks Mon May 28, 2012 12:34 am

Yes, yes, yes... I'm sure all this hilarious banter is well and good for those of us who have a sense of humour ( Rolling Eyes ), but I'll remind you this is the "Crabbit" Thread... Did you hear that? The "CRABBIT" Thread! Shrugging

{{{Eldo said: "Yesterday was pretty bad too; it feels more like July than May." And well it might, Sir - but you of all peope should be aware of the Unwriiten Rules here! CRABBIT THREAD, Sir! CRABBIT! Banghead }}}}

Respectable Hobbit of Needlehole

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Mon May 28, 2012 3:33 am

Glad to see you getting into the crabbit spirit, Odo. Rolling Eyes

{{{ Wait a minute! Being glad about crabbit -- isn't that a contradiction? scratch }}}
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirabella Mon May 28, 2012 6:11 am

Never mind --- and how could anyone be Crabbit today anyhow --- not after viewing Orwell's VERY OWN HOMEMADE SONG AND VIDEO on the Wholesome Tales Thread! cheers

{{{You'll notice I've changed my signature, Eldo --- What's that you say? Shrugging Is Pretty now chopped liver? scratch ... I think she is Nod ... It's time I moved on, and into the arms of a brawny mature hobbit lad! sunny --- actually, isn't he still a voluptuous young lady? Suspect Oh well.. never mind...I'll make do! sunny}}}

Woman strong enough to not fear beauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Mon May 28, 2012 8:55 am

Weddings!
Lancebloke
Lancebloke
Tamer and master of Large Metallic Fell Beasts

http://www.lancebloke.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon May 28, 2012 10:56 am

Doesnt look like thee will be a summer wedding in Forumshire now- so you're safe there David. Might be summer punch up instead though.

And Orwell heat makes me crabbit! Evil or Very Mad (And yes it STILL bloody hot)

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Mon May 28, 2012 1:25 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:Doesnt look like thee will be a summer wedding in Forumshire now- so you're safe there David.

Lance is the one with wedding problems.....
David H
David H

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon May 28, 2012 2:26 pm

Apoligies David its heat messing with my mind- I keep seeing mirages of cool buckie bottles and pretty hobbitlasses. Actually its not so bad really.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Mon May 28, 2012 4:02 pm

Eldorion wrote:It's really hot here too. I tried going for a walk with my brother earlier but it was too hot and humid to be enjoyable. Yesterday was pretty bad too; it feels more like July than May.

please, guys, don't complain about GOOD weather! it's been snowing today! jeez..
slow internet is a far better reason to be crabbit! we have internet connection form the 18th century and the bad weather makes it worse!
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Mon May 28, 2012 5:21 pm

We have 18th century internet out here too, with the soldiers in the signal towers passing messages.
They hate it when I try to download video! :carrot: (Mad )
David H
David H

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Mon May 28, 2012 6:03 pm

Do they do it via a series of letters and accopmanying sheet music? Or do they act the whole thing out to the next soldier, who in turn does the same?

Do you have any chinese whisper issues if the latter is true? I often have to tell my other half it was an accident and that I didn't mean to download that type of movie!
Lancebloke
Lancebloke
Tamer and master of Large Metallic Fell Beasts

http://www.lancebloke.com

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Mon May 28, 2012 7:20 pm

The soldiers act it out in little 5 second bytes with long gaps between. It's really distracting to watch! (Orwell's recent 3:30 video took 40 minutes).

Worse, I can never tell for sure if the rude content is original, or has been inserted by the soldiers as commentary. Suspect

Of course I would never dream of attempting to download adult content for obvious reasons......Shocked pale
David H
David H

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon May 28, 2012 8:00 pm

my internett is so slow continents have formed and shifted faster. I tried to watch Orwells music but the damn thing buffered like the thing that won the bufferingest thing competition, it twirled it whirled like a whirling Dervish and would it give me satisfaction? NO it wouldnt.
btw I have a crabbit. For an inanimate object my bustle seems to be gaining a life of its own, a bit like the Sorting Hat. It has started to giving out technical advice for the making of music videos and has a part time job in Dixons. I am expecting a crack to open and it start talking. Shocked what do I do? Like the Doctor, I have to let new life forms live, but its getting ideas above its station. Mad

I would not underate your bustle, Mrs Figg. Very Happy It is commodious, well apportioned, and very comfortable. Amarie is even now recling more than comfortable - posing nude actually - on your leopard skin rug - in a rather innocent pose, all things considered - while I practice portraiture. My teacher, Ms Aven de Garde, lives just down the crease from our seam, and pops in when I encounter technical issues; though she hasn't been able to solve my shaking-hand problem when I'm painting Amarie's spendid bosom! Crying or Very sad

It's a good thing Figgy is a hot blooded woman, or I'd be pretty cold by now.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue May 29, 2012 2:58 pm

:facepalm:

talking of moving Continents, I felt my first earthquake today, at 9.00 this morning I was in my local cafe and we felt this movement from side to side,and everyone rushed outside. It was odd, by all accounts the epicentre was hundreds of miles away in Emilia Romagna but the power of it was felt in my area. not nice at all. pale

there was also an airplane in Florence airport that was due to take off and the fire alarm went off inside the cabin, the poor people had to jump from the plane without stairs or shoots, they just had to jump from about 2 meters to the tarmac, what kind of Mickey Mouse set up allows that to happen? a woman broke her leg falling on the ground, granted it was one of these little planes but still, wtf.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Tue May 29, 2012 6:58 pm

Poor woman, didn't they have like.. slides?? scary shit, those earthquakes :S
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue May 29, 2012 7:04 pm

no slides, no steps, by all accounts, thats why they had to jump. thats no way to start a holiday. Mad
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next