Mrs Figg
azriel
Bluebottle
bungobaggins
malickfan
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Congratulations Petty! 30,000 posts! - Page 2 Empty Re: Congratulations Petty! 30,000 posts!

Post by Norc Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:15 pm

i agree with fucking everything Eldo pointed out. Especially "He reached his impressive post total not through endless multi-posting and one-liners, but through consistently making lengthy, quality contributions.". Fucking well done! Kudos!

in all seriousness, though. One cannot always say that one has gotten to know someone truly via internet, because you probably can't, but from what i have read from you, interacted with you, both openly in threads and in PMs (thanks for all the Doctor Who episodes <3 ) and the fact i've known you now for quite a long portion of my youth (yes! i have!) i have come to know you as such a warm and genuinly nice person. you're one of the first people i got to know here and one of few who has stayed, and even though it might seem so little to you, the friendships i made here when i started here, and the welcome i got, is partly thanks to you, being such a strong and established persona here. (many other of course should be mention). this forum means so much to me, even though i've been distant for a while, but it really has been an important part of my life. The fact that the forum has been kept alive, with new topics to discuss or crazy fuckery to be done, is partly because of you (and other jeez... don't take all the credit Wink ) but yeah... you are an important figure here, part of the inner core of this forum. While some come by and floats off, you stay (among some more) and seriously thank you for that. thank you for arguing with me, putting me in my place, encouraging words, funny shit, being a great sparring partner, and partner in crime. you are fucking awesome petty! keep it like that! 

i would love to drink buckie or beer with you and forcefully discuss politics and/or crimes in the name of adaptations to beloved books. i'd even dare discuss feminism with you.

bro. u the best. 
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Congratulations Petty! 30,000 posts! - Page 2 Empty Re: Congratulations Petty! 30,000 posts!

Post by Norc Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:18 pm

late to the party but u need some heartfelt praise. you don't get that enough you crabbit old bastard. keep rambling forever pls.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:34 pm

She's right you know Smile You, dear thing, are the foundation stone that we tread upon on our way up Smile And she's also right in that you are a comfortable pillar of strength. Keep the kilt flapping ! Smile

Congratulations Petty! 30,000 posts! - Page 2 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Congratulations Petty! 30,000 posts! - Page 2 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:52 pm

That was an epically Norcish homecoming!

{{{:carrot: :carrot: :carrot: }}}

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:29 pm

{{ I have no idea what to say to that Norc, save that I feel the same way about all of you too and I am humbled. Cheers! pub Long live Forumshire!! cheers }}}

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:47 pm

Well said Norc Thumbs Up pub

This wonderful forum wouldn't be the same without Petty, whether through hilarious NOTP issues, entertaining short stories, longwinded Who commentary, Scotshobbitland news or thoughtful discusssions on all things Tolkien, Petty has been one of the backbones of this forum since before I joined, his enormous contribution to the success and community here over the years can't overstated, it wouldn't be the same without you Petty, you crabbit old Scotshobbit.

Long live Forumshire Smile

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:14 pm

I must in turn note my agreement with everything Norc says and reaffirm my appreciation for Petty. Nod I first met Petty when I was 15 years old. For some reason he didn't seem to be put off by me and he was a lot of fun to post with, as well as being consistently informative and thought-provoking. While Odo and myself had already begun posting a lot some months prior, the old forum didn't truly kick into high gear until shortly after Petty's arrival. Setting up shop on the new forum would've been vastly more difficult without Petty and his dedication to the project. And while my own activity here has ebbed and flowed over the years it means so much to me that this place is always here for me to come back to, and as Norc says Petty plays a huge role in making that possible. And not just through volume but through the consistent quality, attentiveness, and care of his posts in just about every aspect of the forum that we have. He has been the most consistent presence on here since his arrival almost eight years ago. I'm 23 now and this forum has been a huge part of my life and I don't know that I'd still be here without the refuge that online Tolkien fandom offered me during my teen years, so anyway I just wanted to express my gratitude again. Smile
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:56 pm

oh my... so much love.. we ought to have a meet up. .. maybe only because i want to get drunk with petty.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:22 pm

I want you too get drunk with Petty too. The swearing alone would be EPIC. cheers

It would be fun to meet. All us lovely weirdoes. I love you

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:31 pm

maybe only because i want to get drunk with petty.- Norc

{{{Everyone should get drunk with me at least once in their life- I dont say that out of self conceit, but out of foreseeing a future where I therefore never have to dip into my sporran to buy a round ever again! Nod cheers drunken drunken }}}

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Elthir Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:17 pm

Some brew with Petty with an episode or two of Herne's (first) son sounds good.

pub
Elthir
Elthir
Sharrasi's prentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:43 pm

Thumbs Up  I agree with Norc.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:24 pm

Not long now to 40k Petty.

(Shit, did I really start this thread over 3 years ago??? Where the hell did the time go?  Suspect Shocked scratch )

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:53 pm

You know, if you multiply your post count by 100 you could be close to Petty's count. Rather frightening thought, I know.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:57 pm

halfwise wrote:You know, if you multiply your post count by 100 you could be close to Petty's count.  Rather frightening thought, I know.

Petty is responsible for around 18% of the total number of posts on the forum, which is also both impressive and frightening...

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:07 pm

only 18%?

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:26 pm

halfwise wrote:only 18%?

I know it's surprising Laughing

Though he's probably responsible for 90% of the Doctor Who posts...

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2