Mrs Figg
azriel
Bluebottle
bungobaggins
malickfan
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Congratulations Petty! 30,000 posts! Empty Congratulations Petty! 30,000 posts!

Post by malickfan Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:18 pm

Smile Shocked cheers Metal pub

(I'm not going to pretend it isn't slightly alarming we are that interesting to you, but well done! I don't think anyone will catch you up for a while...)

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Congratulations Petty! 30,000 posts! Empty Re: Congratulations Petty! 30,000 posts!

Post by bungobaggins Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:24 pm

Congratulations Petty! 30,000 posts! Its-happening

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Congratulations Petty! 30,000 posts! Empty Re: Congratulations Petty! 30,000 posts!

Post by Bluebottle Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:43 pm

cheers

Time flies when you're having fun.

Congratulations Petty! 30,000 posts! Tumblr_mcmie2vJtt1r38kv3o4_400

Someone will probably have something very erudite and insightful to say about the contribution you've made to this place, so I'll just keep it to; it's appreciated. It certainly is. Smile

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:24 pm

Bluebottle wrote:
Someone will probably have something very erudite and insightful to say about the contribution you've made to this place, so I'll just keep it to; it's appreciated. It certainly is. Smile

Indeed, the place wouldn't be the same without you Petty (not least, given you are responsible for almost a fifth of the forum's total posts...).

Thumbs Up

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:58 pm

Has the crabby old crabber done it ?
Well done! Hurray ! some of your discussions *ahem* are practically legendary, Congratulations ! Very Happy cheers Cheerleader

Congratulations Petty! 30,000 posts! Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Congratulations Petty! 30,000 posts! Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:01 pm

Oscars
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:57 pm

Thirty Thousand Reasons Why I Love Petty Tyrant

1. Not only did he start off with a high level of activity, but he has maintained and increased his posting level over time.
  2. He took the pressure off of me being the only purist on the forum at the time (even though he ultimately stole my thunder Mad).
  3. He started the original Big Bad Serious thread and is thus responsible for the fact that we get to have political discussions on here.
  4. Despite his love of debate, he has always approached the forum with a sense of good humor and compassion that is too often obscured by debate.
  5. He has enriched Forumshire's vocabulary with terms like "crabbit" and "buckie".
  6. He created and shared the purist edits, which have encouraged debate and drawn people to Forumshire for years.
  7. Relatedly, he has been our main ambassador on Bree and TORn, and is directly or indirectly responsible for numerous people joining the forum.
  8. He was the first person promoted to moderator on the new forum aside from GB and myself.
  9. He has been a consistent source of support and encouragement throughout my years of adminship.
  10. He kicked the Forumshire newspaper craze into overdrive with the Daily Purist, and has continued to produce it long after other papers closed their doors.
  11. He is our leading creator of new threads, helping to begin numerous new discussions that we wouldn't have had otherwise.
  12. He introduced many of us to Doctor Who and Sherlock, helping to elevate the A&E forum.
  13. He created the definitive artistic re-telling of Dark Planet Day through his fanfiction.
  14. He created one of the first visual representations of Forumshire with his videos and photoshops.
  15. He created the Forumshire Awards, which have become an important end-of-year tradition for the forum in general and for me personally.
  16. I think he's maxed out every year, but he somehow makes the Awards ceremony bigger and better every single year.
  17. He's repeatedly demonstrated a desire to better understand others and to evolve over time without compromising his principles.
  18. He raises the bar in numerous areas, which helps inspire others (or at least me) to try to match him.
  19. He reached his impressive post total not through endless multi-posting and one-liners, but through consistently making lengthy, quality contributions.
  20. He brings something uncommon to movie debates with his combination of very strong views and a high level of argument. The two are rarely seen together.
  21. He's reached out to nearly everyone here, especially through birthday threads and PMs, regardless of forum age or level of activity.
  22. It's probably inevitable how many heated debates and arguments Petty has gotten into, but I've never known him to hold a grudge against another forum member.
  23. Despite being recruited into the mod position without much enthusiasm on his part, he has grown into the role admirably despite the ocassional adjustments to posting style that are requires.
  24. Back when we were just starting on the new forum, he spearheaded the reposting effort and singlehandedly copied and pasted close to a thousand posts.
  25. He brought other people to the forum (especially on the old forum) and also created some entertaining sockpuppets of his own.
  26. In addition to forum fanfic, he posted one of the first original dramatic stories on here with "Home".
  27. It was his contacts list of people whom he had invited to view the purist edits that allowed us to contact so many people so quickly when setting up the new forum.
  28. He made the jump from being one of only two Forumshirans banned from PT to being close with Leelee and one of the key people in maintaining the (admittedly more distant) relationship between the sites today.
  29. He probably won't admit it, given his adherence to the philosophy of crabbit, but he has brought seemingly endless positivity and optimism to the forum, particularly with his ideas for how to help it grow and improve.
  30. Not to diminish the important roles played by numerous other people, but he's probably done more than anyone else to keep the forum alive and help us become what we are today.

Thank you for (almost) five years of contribution, Petty!  I can't imagine this place without you. I love you
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Mon Oct 27, 2014 2:28 am

Right on, especially #30. Thumbs Up

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:22 am

:carrot: pub :carrot:
Cheerleader Cheerleader Cheerleader

Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:25 am

Well Eldo, thats a choker & no mistake Sad  Very heartfelt.
Amazing how one crabby Scotshobbit in a skirt can have such an effect on us all, Laughing

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:41 am

I said someone would come along and do it properly. Nod

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:37 pm

Thanyou everyone. And in particular Eldo.
But you know my attitude to praise Eldo, I havent a clue how to deal with it, so Ill just very, very drunk instead to celebrate. pub

(in one of those crabbit inducing moments of life that reassure me life really is out to get us, or at least make us crabbit, I will be offline for a bit, not quite sure how long, anything from a day or so to potentially a week. Give you all a chance to catch me up a bit! )

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:09 pm

Allow me to be the first to congratulate you on your 30001st post, since I was too late to congratulate you on the 30000th Very Happy Eldo pretty much nailed it, so I'll keep it short like Blue, and say thank you for all your contributions to this place, and especially for the edits which I've enjoyed watching and rewatching. Cheers! pub

Congratulations Petty! 30,000 posts! Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Mon Oct 27, 2014 4:55 pm

Nice one Petty!
Or rather, nice thirty-thousand! I enjoy your views on Doctor Who and your crabbit views on life in general. If forumshire really had a tyrant I think you would do quite well. king

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:21 pm

It's not for lack of trying that we don't. Suspect
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:21 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:Thanyou everyone. And in particular Eldo.
But you know my attitude to praise Eldo, I havent a clue how to deal with it, so Ill just very, very drunk instead to celebrate. pub

(in one of those crabbit inducing moments of life that reassure me life really is out to get us, or at least make us crabbit, I will be offline for a bit, not quite sure how long, anything from a day or so to potentially a week. Give you all a chance to catch me up a bit! )

I understand. Smile I hope that everything is going okay for you right now, and that you're able to get anything settled that needs settling and rejoin us soon. ^_^
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:43 pm

On a friends laptop! Hopefully be back soon, if its a bit longer you can be sure I plan to return with something to celebrate it with (apart from buckie) possibly a Forumshire vid I have in mind and something about certain Mayoral elections.

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:50 pm

And they say I'm a tease! bounce
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:56 pm

Cheerleader pub Hurraaaah for Petty!!!! pub Cheerleader

That was a lovely list, Eldo. And I am now feeling a bit conflicted as I both feel I don't want Petty to go away and yet I will quite like to see the pretty shiny things he brings when he does comes back.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:09 pm

And they say I'm a tease!- Eldo

Ah but you dont have a kilt Eldo, the secret is in the kilt Twisted Evil

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:10 pm

pale

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:39 pm

You are getting close to 40,000 Petty.

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:07 pm

700 to go, lessee, that's about 4 days.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:38 pm

{{{ Shocked Mmmm this is probably why my better half has taken to just gently placing her fingers against my lips to indicate I need to shut up now and stop crabbit ranting!! Mad }}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:45 pm

Well then, don't say anything as you type Smile

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next