Congratulations on 1000 posts, Petty! Very Happy cheers affraid
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Petty - a milestone Empty Re: Petty - a milestone

Post by Kafria Mon May 16, 2011 6:58 pm

Laughing I think we could have put bets on petty being first to this milestone - if anyone was stupid enough to give decent odds that is! Laughing

Congrats!

Last edited by Kafria on Mon May 16, 2011 6:59 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : grammar!)

'A novel is a long piece of prose with ,in the eyes of the author at least, something wrong with it - Neil Gaiman, intro to American gods
Kafria
Kafria
Lady of Dale

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon May 16, 2011 8:29 pm

"I think we could have put bets on petty being first to this milestone"- Kafria

Is that a polite lady way of saying "you talk to *@*# much!" Very Happy Actually don't answer that- don't want to open the floodgates!

I'd just like to say I blame the buckie for it all and for everything I ever say-I have that tattoed in small print on the back of my neck under the words 'Terms and Conditions of Use' it saves a lot of trouble.

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Kafria Mon May 16, 2011 9:42 pm

Oh! Just noticed the new sig!! Brill!

'I think you call me.. sexy!'
'Only when we alone!'
'we're alone now!'

Laughing

'A novel is a long piece of prose with ,in the eyes of the author at least, something wrong with it - Neil Gaiman, intro to American gods
Kafria
Kafria
Lady of Dale

Back to top Go down

Post by odo banks Mon May 16, 2011 11:17 pm

Queen Tin and Queen Kafria. At whose feet am I supposed to prostrate myself at now? Shocked

As to Mr Tyrant's posts, shouldn't we really only count "quality" posts. Surely, my figures would be better then! ... Come to think of it, by that reckoning, my nephew Biffo's count would be better too! Shocked ... Here to help! Very Happy

Respectable Hobbit of Needlehole

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinuviel Mon May 16, 2011 11:19 pm

odo banks wrote:Queen Tin and Queen Kafria. At whose feet am I supposed to prostrate myself at now? Shocked

Well you see, Squire Odo, Kafria is "Queen unde the mountain" While I am Queen of Forumshire. Here to help Very Happy

Petty - a milestone Tumblr_ndsrspapRL1qlqsnio3_500
Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon May 16, 2011 11:24 pm

You tell him yer maj!

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by odo banks Mon May 16, 2011 11:28 pm

That should be, "Tell him your Majesty." As to telling her anything, well, Mr Vulgar Republican Tyrant, think again! Not only is Tin a Queen, she's a Girl as well. You paddle in dangerous waters! Don't say I didn't warn you... Shocked

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon May 16, 2011 11:30 pm

Republican! How dare you Odo! If I wore underpants they would have the Forumshire national flag on them! Given that last sentence 'vulgar' I may have to accept!

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by janesmith Mon May 16, 2011 11:35 pm

Congratulations, Petty. You have done a ton of work to keep the forum fires burning and that should be recognized, not just the number of your posts. The work you've put in has been amazing. Please keep your pants on though, for you will surely not please certain respectable types by removing them:-Jane
janesmith
janesmith
Mother Superior: Our Lady of the Anklelength Frock

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue May 17, 2011 12:44 am

With all this talk of majesty there's just no respect for an Admin anymore. Rolling Eyes Laughing Razz
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by odo banks Tue May 17, 2011 1:48 am

Oh no, I think we give you all the respect you deserve...

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinuviel Tue May 17, 2011 2:33 am

But Eldo! You're the Queen's hand! You have almost as much power as I! Nay! In fact, you are the Prime Minister of Forumshire! However, although you hold all of the power, all of the subjects will bow down to me. Its only proper. queen

Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Post by odo banks Tue May 17, 2011 2:36 am

I don't remember that election! Shocked Prime Minister! My goodness me! Shocked --- err, your Majesty...

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinuviel Tue May 17, 2011 2:39 am

Now now Odo, are you Mr. Freedom? Do you believe in Democracy????? Well of course not! That's treasoness, and besides, I think Eldo certainly deserves the job, since he's been doing it so well already! All he needed was the proper title. queen

Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue May 17, 2011 2:57 am

Tinuviel wrote:But Eldo! You're the Queen's hand! You have almost as much power as I! Nay! In fact, you are the Prime Minister of Forumshire! However, although you hold all of the power, all of the subjects will bow down to me. Its only proper. queen

And here I was thinking that my user title said I was "Lord of Forumshire". Laughing
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue May 17, 2011 2:57 am

Tinuviel wrote:Now now Odo, are you Mr. Freedom?

Sometimes I think that every new person who signs up here is Odo. Rolling Eyes
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by odo banks Tue May 17, 2011 3:00 am

No, your Majesty, I am NOT Mr Freedom. I fear Mr Tyrant is just causing trouble by suggesting it. I would not put it past him that HE is Mr Freedom. If so, he is leading us all on, which would hardly be respectable.

This all raises an interesting point though, this habit of folk here to have more than one "personality" so to speak. Terribly unrespectable behavior, and one the Banks Family firmly disavow. No, this is not some clever way of deflecting a horrid allegation, and in regard to that I say again, "I'm NOT Mr Freedom." I say this because I'm NOT! I admit a close affinity to my other family members - that's only natural, and, of course, Porgy is related by marriage, but I'm not Mr Freedom. (He seems a most commendable fellow though, so I can't believe him to be Mr Tyrant when I think it out. I sincerely trust whoever he is, he is his own man).

Eldorion, with your powers for sticky beaking, you know what I say is true!

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue May 17, 2011 9:28 am

Thanks for your kind words Jane, if I wasn't a buckie fuelled emotionally repressed Scotshobbit that would have given me a pleasant inner glow. As to underpants, sorry Jane but they just don't go with a kilt which is designed for airflow and ease of access (or egress depending on which way your going at the time!). Very Happy

As to democracy, well it has its place, way I see the heirachy here is Tin -Queen of Forumshire, with Kafria, Squach and other female members as her Ladies in Waiting, Attendants and Gossip aides. Eldo as Lord of Forumshire with the day to day working title of Admin, The Banks clan as (for arguments sake) repsectable upstanding members of the Community. GB as the deposed ex Lord of Forumshire and off to one side my good self as an independant agent of Forumshire (and its underground buckie supplier).
None of which leaves miuch room for democracy- which is where the postion of Mayor can come in. The Mayor of Forumshiore can be a six month tenure voted on by all. That appeases the democracy lot (like the suspicous Mr Freedom- and gives us all a fun vote) whilst giving away no real powers which stays, rightly and properly, with Forum Royalty.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Tue May 17, 2011 11:18 am

The first K of many, I hope! Congratulations, Petty Very Happy

Petty - a milestone Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Baingil Tue May 17, 2011 5:52 pm

Oh, yeah, I was gonna post in here and say congrats to Petty.

So congratulations, sir Crabbit. Very Happy
Baingil
Baingil
Guest of Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Ally Tue May 17, 2011 11:08 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:Thanks for your kind words Jane, if I wasn't a buckie fuelled emotionally repressed Scotshobbit that would have given me a pleasant inner glow. As to underpants, sorry Jane but they just don't go with a kilt which is designed for airflow and ease of access (or egress depending on which way your going at the time!). Very Happy

As to democracy, well it has its place, way I see the heirachy here is Tin -Queen of Forumshire, with Kafria, Squach and other female members as her Ladies in Waiting, Attendants and Gossip aides. Eldo as Lord of Forumshire with the day to day working title of Admin, The Banks clan as (for arguments sake) repsectable upstanding members of the Community. GB as the deposed ex Lord of Forumshire and off to one side my good self as an independant agent of Forumshire (and its underground buckie supplier).
None of which leaves miuch room for democracy- which is where the postion of Mayor can come in. The Mayor of Forumshiore can be a six month tenure voted on by all. That appeases the democracy lot (like the suspicous Mr Freedom- and gives us all a fun vote) whilst giving away no real powers which stays, rightly and properly, with Forum Royalty.

Such autocratic rule will never last! When the biscuits start to run low people will protest for more rights & biscuits!

Ally
Wannabe Beard

Back to top Go down

Post by odo banks Wed May 18, 2011 8:56 am

I believe in a more natural kind of democracy. The strong rule --- but benignly, of course. With Queen Kafria under the table (cleaning up there before she wipes the tabletops) and Queen Tin looking after Ethereal Affairs. With Mr Tyrant as petty tyrant of Scoshobbiton (and surrounds) and GB Lord of Lahobbiton and Ringrotten Norwayan Quisling (under the Danes), and the Banks as Rustic Royalty at the heart of Forumshire. Baingil and Ally can vote for whoever they like (someone needs to vote) and therefore satisfy whatever democratic urge that inspires them. In this situation everyone is happy. (Lord Eldorion can be Lord of The Ivory Tower, if he likes. Certainly not High Keeper of Respectability! Mad ) Here to help! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Wed May 18, 2011 6:46 pm

Stopped reading at "Ringdrotten Norwayan Quisling" Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad

Petty - a milestone Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Baingil Wed May 18, 2011 10:15 pm

odo banks wrote:Baingil and Ally can vote for whoever they like (someone needs to vote) and therefore satisfy whatever democratic urge that inspires them.

A. First you don't want women to vote and now you want me to vote?

B. I like anarchy.

C. Actually... nah not anarchy. I vote for Eldo. As becomes someone with this title. Rolling Eyes
Baingil
Baingil
Guest of Eagles

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next