Amarië
David H
azriel
17 posters

Page 32 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

Doctor Who [9] - Page 32 Empty Re: Doctor Who [9]

Post by Orwell Tue Nov 11, 2014 4:15 am

The Doctor is an alien -- he may never quite get it. That's being a Timelord for you... Nod I don't get belief in God no matter how much it is obvious to others. The religious and I are aliented and will never understand each other; though the religious know they know, and that's another point of difference. Very Happy

Orwell
Dark Presence with Gilt Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Tue Nov 11, 2014 3:58 pm

Poor Danny silent Right from the beginning he was a 'no go'. If there was any chance of him being kept on in what ever form, they would have done that. His soul purpose was to be a canvas, a spring board for Clara & the Dr. I,personally, would like to see him return, even as a tin man. His fighting spirit still intact, his determination not to ever hurt Clara, He could be the beginnings of a new generation of Cybermen ? OR, a maverick Cybo, one that resists killing all ? yeah, thats better ! cant have Cybermen going soft ! Rolling Eyes I wish they scared me as they did when I was a kid. A killing machine that didnt care. pale

Doctor Who [9] - Page 32 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Doctor Who [9] - Page 32 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Nov 11, 2014 4:00 pm

They bloody terrify my nieces. More than Daleks.

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Nov 11, 2014 4:49 pm

Been a big series 8 has been for shocking reveals and turn abouts, heres some reaction compilations to some of the bigger moments (obviously hugely spoilery) in order of being shown-

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Tue Nov 11, 2014 6:56 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:but I wanted more!- Forest

Spoiler:
Well, the payoff of the plan was pretty darn weak then. Basically, Missy gave the Doctor an extremely powerful gun that could defeat most military forces, and the Doctor, after a moment of self-doubt, realized what would happen and graciously accepted the gun as it harmlessly self-detonated.

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:36 pm

Only the Doctor didnt accept anything.

Spoiler:

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:41 pm

Spoiler:
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:55 pm

Spoiler:

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:10 am

But the Doctor did accept the gift. He was all faux graciousness and smiles as he took the
Spoiler:
But anyway, I agree with the latter argument as well. That he saw
Spoiler:

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Nov 12, 2014 2:25 am

Spoiler:

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Wed Nov 12, 2014 2:35 am

Pettytyrant101 wrote:
Spoiler:
Very Happy  Yeah that doesn't happen very often does it. That made me laugh a bit there Petty. Razz

I had forgotten that Danny was, possibly, the only one that had that knowledge.

Spoiler:
{{{Of course now that I've made a definite statement about who the Doctor is I expect you'll have an example from somewhere that contradicts me.}}}

Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Nov 12, 2014 3:04 am

Spoiler:
- Forest

Spoiler:

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:21 am

Good job explaining Petty, that put things in order.
Of course, I needed to hear said explanations to fully grasp what they were getting at and not be distracted by how little lasting power Missy's schemes had (I mean, knowing as we do what the Doctor would choose) and the other things that were bothering me about the episode. So that takes some points off of it for me.

Looking forward to the Christmas Special! (I only regret that this is a children's show and
Spoiler:

Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:04 am

Of course, I needed to hear said explanations to fully grasp what they were getting at- Forest

One of the reasons I like Moffats writing is the different levels it works on. Its why I find once Ive seen an RTD episode Ive seen all there is to see in it, no need to rewatch, it wont find reveal anything new, I willl not see events in a new light. You tend to get it all first time out as its all there on the surface, the surface story is all there is.
With Moffat I find when you rewatch episodes they reveal ever more layers.
And because of the manner in which he constructs series you can go back when one has finished, rewatch and be constantly seeing things in a new light, or with new meaning.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:32 am

I am quite amazed at how much depth you see in this series. I am a bit envious. I must switch to heavier stuff than cider. There's really not all that much depth. We all know his is good, we all know Clara is not the doctor. What would create depth was if he HAD taken the coat. It has the dept of grandparent pinching a kid's nose, and put the thumb between two fingers and say "Haha! Got your nose!"
It would have been shocking if it was true, and some little kids do cry when you say that. But you know it's not true.

I don't mind that there is not too much (attempt to create) depth, or too many twisty extremely complicated plotlines. And there are no Ponds in sight! So I am quite content and hope Santa will bring something nice for Christmas. Nod

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:44 am

There's really not all that much depth. - Amarie

Everything I have talked about is in the episode and the dialogue. Shrugging

'I must switch to heavier stuff than cider.'

That depends, you get a pass if your cider has every been within a 100 yards of an actual apple. If its the stuff that you can use to strip paint and which tastes largely like vinegar Evil or Very Mad

'What would create depth was if he HAD taken the coat.'

I prefer it not being directly answered, I like ambiguity over his actions sometimes. It puts the viewer potentially in the position of those who oppose the Doctor, in that it depends as much on the viewers perception of things whether the Doctor can be seen as good or not (a theme Moffat first explored at Demons Run, where his enemies were a result of his future actions at Trenzelore, which depending on your view point was either the heroic defense of a planet and by extension Gallifrey, or a pointless needless war lasting generations in which many died).
Its also something RTD sometimes touched on- Family of Blood is a good example. The Doctor does the hero stuff, saves the day, but is rightly called out for it at the end- "If you had not choosen here on a whim, would anyone have died?"
A lot of what the Doctor does is dependent on where your standing as to if its good or not.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Nov 12, 2014 2:18 pm

''Again you leave me wondering if you really watched the episode'' Petty

Petty. dude. Suspect will you please stop insinuating that I havent paid attention/watched the episode. Thats twice you have said it and its pretty silly, of course I watched it, I just dont accept the stuff Moffat is giving me without questioning. I also see things differently and come to different conclusions. How on earth would I comment on an episode I hadnt actually watched? Shrugging
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Nov 12, 2014 2:50 pm

Its not a matter of you seeing things differently, its a matter of you have listed a whole load of things that you say are plot holes or unexplained, called it 'swiss cheese', yet all the things you have mentioned are explained in the episode and in the dialogue.
For example you have several times now went on about the cybermen milling about as a plot hole, when its explained in the plot why they are like that.
I dont know what other conclusion to draw when you insist on things like that, other than you either didnt really watch the episode, or you are just saying it to have a dig at Moffat, or Who or me or something. Shrugging
If you said you thought it was a bad idea thats one thing, but to call it a plot hole when its explained in the plot? Shrugging

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Nov 12, 2014 5:01 pm

'This Friday's Children in Need will feature the first preview for the forthcoming Doctor Who Christmas Special'

Expect it to turn up on youtube shortly afterwards then here!

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Nov 12, 2014 5:03 pm

This series seems to have gone down well in Australia-

'Death in Heaven averaged an excellent 995,000 national viewers in Australia. It was the highest rating drama of the day. These ratings do not include time shifted viewers.'- Gallifrey Base

(Your not alone it seems Orwell!)

And the effects team are up for an award- 'The Model Unit have been nominated alongside Real SFX for a Royal Television Society Craft & Design Award in the Special Effects category for their work on The Day of the Doctor.'

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Nov 12, 2014 5:14 pm

'Steven Moffat, the showrunner of BBC hit show Doctor Who, which starred Peter Capaldi in the just-ended eighth season, has started writing season nine, he said in London Tuesday evening.
Speaking at a Royal Television Society event, he didn't provide any further details on the new season beyond saying he once again was among the writers.
Executive producer Brian Minchin said at the Tuesday evening event that the production team finished filming the latest season on a Saturday and started planning the next season the following Monday, since putting together a season of the show takes about 18 months.

Asked about the slightly lower overnight viewing figures for this past season as a whole in Britain and whether he was disappointed by the drop, Moffat said the viewing figures "are the same" when including delayed viewing. "There is no drop-off in the ratings," he said, adding that even the overnight figures would still make the show a hit. Viewing on the BBC iPlayer VOD service has tripled over the years, he said.
He also pointed out that U.S. ratings have risen, with the audience up 30 percent since Capaldi took over the role of the Doctor.
The extended Saturday episode of the sci-fi hit show drew the second-highest overnight ratings of Capaldi's first season as the Time Lord. Overall, the latest season has averaged 7.35 million consolidated viewers, compared with 7.45 million for the previous season.'- The Hollywood Reporter

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Nov 12, 2014 5:42 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:Its not a matter of you seeing things differently, its a matter of you have listed a whole load of things that you say are plot holes or unexplained, called it 'swiss cheese', yet all the things you have mentioned are explained in the episode and in the dialogue.
For example you have several times now went on about the cybermen milling about as a plot hole, when its explained in the plot why they are like that.
I dont know what other conclusion to draw when you insist on things like that, other than you either didnt really watch the episode, or you are just saying it to have a dig at Moffat, or Who or me or something.  Shrugging
If you said you thought it was a bad idea thats one thing, but to call it a plot hole when its explained in the plot?  Shrugging

the things I mentioned were not explained in the episode. and therefore were plot holes. I am not just saying it to 'get at' Moffat or you, that insinuates that I am being petty for the sake of it, it denies me free choice to be critical and to make my own mind up, and it also insinuates that its your way or the highway kind of attitude. Like you are right and anyone who doesnt agree is either willfully misunderstanding, being petty, or bloody minded. this is not condusive to debate.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Nov 12, 2014 5:49 pm

But they are explained in the episode- I have even given the quotes where these things are explained. So whilst you are free to dislike the idea as much as you want, I dont see how something which is explained in the plot, in the dialogue can count as a plot hole.
Its not a matter of me being right, you can still not like the story, the characters, or whatever, its a matter of the explanation being right there in the script. It can be heard, seen in the episode, and as I have done, quoted, written down and posted here. By definition they cant therefore be plot holes as they are explained in the plot.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:31 pm

Interesting News from Big Finish, posted on their forums  (from the New Issue of DWM):

In October 2015 we're getting the long awaited return of The Third Doctor:

The Third Doctor Adventures boxset will be two full cast (with linking narration) adventures

Prisoners Of The Lake by Justin Richards (A Unite Story on Earth)
The Havoc Of Empires by Andy Lane (Not Earth-bound)

Katy Manning and Richard Franklin are on board and Tim Trealor - quelle surprise - will be playing The Third Doctor and performing the narration,

Whilst the Third Doctor isn't one of my favourites, it's good to see he's getting some love in the expanded universe material (I think Trealor voiced Third in The Light At The End...with mixed results) (though I'm not sure about the linking narration-it's a bit hit and miss in Radio I tend to feel), I guess this will be more along the lines of The Early Adventures range than the 'Main Range' stories. I wonder if this will open the road to other recastings...

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:54 pm

3rd Doctor is very unique sounding, not an easy voice to do naturally without it sounding like an impessionist. And yeah Trealor did do 3 in The Light at the End.
Spoiler:

Have you got round to I,Davros yet? Love to know what you think of it.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Page 32 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next