Norc
bungobaggins
azriel
Mrs Figg
Forest Shepherd
10 posters

Page 3 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8 ... 14  Next

Go down

Roll to Dodge! - Page 3 Empty Re: Roll to Dodge!

Post by azriel Sun Jun 08, 2014 1:29 pm

Laughing Laughing    Pokey Tongue

Roll to Dodge! - Page 3 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Roll to Dodge! - Page 3 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Jun 08, 2014 4:16 pm

:facepalm: 

But come on Figg- give your tail a shake- its your move!  Mad 

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:36 pm

Purists Vs. Liberals: Round 2
Bungobaggins: Conjure a meth lab
[4] You wave your chemical-stained, needle-holed arms and a rusty RV home appears in the distance, it will have to suffice... for now.

Azriel: Use burning hat to build a furnace capable of forging shields and weapons
[6] The river-clay is excellent for furnace-construction. You place your fiery hat inside the forge-kiln and step back (A fresh clean hat magically appearing upon your head). Unfortunately, the heat is so intense that the entire structure  bursts into flame!

Pettytyrant: Smash the end off the bottle to make a sharp weapon. Give any glass shards to Bungo
[6] You bring the bottle down violently upon the nearest stone. It hits with such force that a hundred shards shoot off towards Bungo, while the half that is in your hand swings around, cutting off your own arm!

Mrs. Figg: Zzz...
[6] You are deeply asleep. In fact, you temporarily slip into a coma!

Ringdrotten: Craft deceptive buckie distillery, so as to lure Petty the Purist into a trap
[3] Using wit and elbow grease, you manage to knock together a functional distillery. However, you have no ingredients! This is not tempting in the least.

Round 2:
(And yes, that RV conjuration did take a bloody while.  Mad )
P.S.
Sorry about your arm Petty, but you know: "...all they that take the sword shall perish with the sword." (Or broken buckie bottle in this case.)

Last edited by Forest Shepherd on Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:26 am; edited 5 times in total

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:17 pm

Argh, I used my old post to post the post above this post. But it doesn't register the thread as having a new post in it despite it very much having a new post recently posted. So here's a bump post just to post it to the top of the threads.  Smile 

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:30 pm

Love it, Forest Very Happy It seems I need to go in search for ingredients for my distillery, so my next move will be to craft a small boat so I can get to the mountain for supplies (God, rowing upstreams will be painful! pale )

Roll to Dodge! - Page 3 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:36 pm

Very Happy 
Although my mouse-hand wishes people would just attempt teletransportations instead. That RV took it out of me. Razz

Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:03 am

It doesn't have to be fancy Very Happy If you prefer it, I'd be happy to be magically transported up to the mountain (though I fear where I might end up if the dice aren't with me!)

Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:14 am

And therein lies the rub!
Anyway, populating the world with objects and things just makes it more interesting. I have a several-layer type thing going on in this program, so I can change the landscape, objects on the landscape, and actual stick-figures all independently of each-other. It makes for delightfully easy changes.

Although, I must admit this game makes me quite impatient sometimes. I'm always waiting for someone or waiting for something to happen. I need to relax a bit and not check the thread so often!

Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:24 am

That's the beauty of simple games - they're fun and very addictive Very Happy

Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:31 am

What the buggery?!  affraid Evil or Very Mad 

If I had known I had the worlds only bottle made from explosives I'd just have thrown it at the opposition and blown their arms off!  Mad 

I think this game is rigged!   Mad 

Fine.

USE AZRIEL'S FIRE TO CAUTERIZE THE WOUND, STICK THE SHARDS OF GLASS INTO THE DISMEMBERED ARM AND USE IT AS CLUB TO BEAT MRS FIGG ABOUT THE HEAD WITH (that'll teach her to be tardy  Twisted Evil )

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:32 am

I'm considering setting up a rule that the red and blue teams must only use eachother's items, and not have Mrs. Figg go cook in the RV for example.
Well, naah, let's stick with this for now. I can't wait to find out what happens to Petty's arm when he tries to cauterize it in that explosive furnace.  Twisted Evil 

Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:44 am

I love the RV, Forest! cheersI love you

Petty, it's time to cook!

Cook blue meth.

Twisted Evil

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:12 am

{{{Oh gawd! If I didn't know better both teams are full of Liberals!  Shocked }}}

Orwell
Dark Presence with Gilt Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:09 am

Cool molten metal from explosion, in nearby stream, fashion into a primative shield. Dig tunnel for shelter, hide entrance with foliage.........& wait

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:15 am

Pettytyrant101 wrote:What the buggery?!  affraid Evil or Very Mad 
I think this game is rigged!   Mad 
Hey blame the die, not me! You've gotten either sixes or ones!

By the by, that was quick on the responses! Now we're just waiting on Mrs. Figg again.  Razz 

Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:47 pm

You've gotten either sixes or ones!- Forest

Yeah about that. Is there a roll that doesn't equal instant disaster every time? How can rolling a 1 and a 6 give the same result?  Suspect I demand a stewards inquiry.

And perhaps some sort of Difficulty Check system is required as it appears its less dangerous to try to set up your own forge in this game than it is to make a simple weapon out of a glass bottle without losing your am somehow in the process.  Mad 

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:35 pm

Mrs Figg was in hospital so chill you lot  Mad 
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:25 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:You've gotten either sixes or ones!- Forest

Yeah about that. Is there a roll that doesn't equal instant disaster every time? How can rolling a 1 and a 6 give the same result?  Suspect I demand a stewards inquiry.

And perhaps some sort of Difficulty Check system is required as it appears its less dangerous to try to set up your own forge in this game than it is to make a simple weapon out of a glass bottle without losing your am somehow in the process.  Mad 
Well I'm glad you asked Petty. I posted the dice guidelines earlier, but here's a refresher.
I suppose Azriel should have suffered major burns or something. I'll try and maintain some balance so your crabbit doesn't get too bad.

1 = Epic fail. The action was not taken, and backfired horribly.
2 = Fail. Nothing happened.
3 = Partial success.
4 = Success. The action was carried out adequately.
5 = Epic Success. The action succeeded in the most positive way possible.
6 = Overshot. Though the result was achieved, the action backfires horribly due to disproportionately large effort.

Sorry to hear about the hospitalization Figg! Now I feel kind of guilty having put your stick-man into a coma earlier.   Embarassed

(Although it is your turn, hint hint)

Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:58 pm

Mrs Figg was in hospital so chill you lot- Mrs Figg

Any excuse to get out of cleaning my barrel!  Mad  {{{{I hope all is well}}}

"I posted the dice guidelines earlier"- Forest

Oh I see, you expected me to have read the rules before I started playing!  Mad 

"I'll try and maintain some balance so your crabbit doesn't get too bad."- Forest

I should blooming well hope so too! Otherwise I'll have to take stick from the fan.  Evil or Very Mad 

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:44 pm

Mrs Figg wrote:Mrs Figg was in hospital so chill you lot  Mad 

Hope you're doing okay Figgy.

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:12 pm

Sorry Figgs ! Hope your ok ? Shocked 

Oy ! Major burns !! Frazzle me will ya ?? Right, gloves are off sunny Jim !  Suspect

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:25 pm

feeling delicate and my bustle is stiff with antibiotics so I may just watch you guys blow stuff up from my chaise longue  Neutral 
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:11 pm

Mad That means two fans! And I suppose I can mark this week down as yet another one in which my barrel wont get cleaned  Evil or Very Mad 

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:49 am

Mrs Figg wrote:feeling delicate and my bustle is stiff with antibiotics so I may just watch you guys blow stuff up from my chaise longue  Neutral 
Alrighty Mrs. Figg! I'll have you sleep another round. Enjoy the chaise!

Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:24 am

Purists Vs. Liberals: Round 3
Bungobaggins: Cook blue Meth
[3] Avoiding the glass shards, you make your way to the RV. You manage to produce a batch of methamphetamine... but it's not quite pure enough! There are contaminants!!

Azriel: Cool molten metal from explosion in nearby stream, fashion into a primative shield. Dig tunnel for shelter, hide entrance with foliage.........& wait
[5] Although the clay forge contained no metal, you do manage to cool an exploded slab of clay in the stream, producing a surprisingly durable shield! By the time you are finished however, you are too tired to dig a shelter.

Pettytyrant: Use Azriel's fire to cauterize the wound, then stick shards of glass into dismembered arm and use it as a club to beat Mrs. Figg about the head with
[1] You attempt to cauterize your wound, but blood loss and a general state of shock following the injury keep you from quite making it. You drag yourself a short distance.

Mrs. Figg: Zzz...
[3] Mrs. Figg comes out of her coma and sleeps relatively peacefully, still undisturbed by any fierce Scotsmen.

Ringdrotten: Craft a small boat
[4] You had hoped for a swift kayak, but the small canoe you crafted will have to do.

Round 3:

Petty's luck so far. Razz

Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8 ... 14  Next