Ringdrotten
Tinuviel
Norc
bungobaggins
Eldorion
20 posters

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Just...................whatever [4] - Page 38 Empty Re: Just...................whatever [4]

Post by azriel Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:01 pm

Shrugging

Just...................whatever [4] - Page 38 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Just...................whatever [4] - Page 38 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Just...................whatever [4] - Page 38 Empty Re: Just...................whatever [4]

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:25 pm

I think that bookshop is like stepping into a fairytale, its magic. I wonder if they have an art history catalogue, I bet theres loads of interesting finds, rare books,

best place to work. EVER!! cheers study
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Thu Mar 05, 2015 3:28 pm

azriel wrote:Thats just the entrance Eldo ! The guy who runs it practically knows every book hes got,& it really must be 1000s upon 1000s, the floors are divided into sections, War, Science, childrens etc, & you can ask him anything ! He knows where every book is,gawd knows how ? The alley ways between book piles is only inches wide,on every floor & theres 4 of them.How the floor supports the weight gawd only knows, to me its heaven on Earth Very Happy

It does look pretty wonderful. Smile
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Mar 05, 2015 3:40 pm

I could get lost in there and happily never come back out again. Nod

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:08 am

“The truth is that even big collections of ordinary books distort space, as can readily be proved by anyone who has been around a really old-fashioned secondhand bookshop, one that looks as though they were designed by M. Escher on a bad day and has more stairways than storeys and those rows of shelves which end in little doors that are surely too small for a full-sized human to enter. The relevant equation is: Knowledge = power = energy = matter = mass; a good bookshop is just a genteel Black Hole that knows how to read.”

― Terry Pratchett

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinuviel Fri Mar 06, 2015 5:40 pm

Just a heads up I'll be across the pond next fall studying abroad in Bath!!! Get ready forumshire your queen is sailing from Valinor!

Just...................whatever [4] - Page 38 Tumblr_ndsrspapRL1qlqsnio3_500
Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinuviel Fri Mar 06, 2015 5:41 pm

Just a heads up I'll be across the pond next fall studying abroad in Bath!!! Get ready forumshire your queen is sailing from Valinor!

Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinuviel Fri Mar 06, 2015 5:41 pm

Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinuviel Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:42 pm

Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister71 Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:56 pm

Tinuviel wrote:Just a heads up I'll be across the pond next fall studying abroad in Bath!!! Get ready forumshire your queen is sailing from Valinor!

Across the pond i grew up in a small town of Bath... Bath NY that is LOL

Suspect  NEVERMIND I'LL BE OVER HERE KEEPING MY MOUTH SHUT Suspect
Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister71 Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:57 pm

this is the cutest thing I have seen in a while

Suspect  NEVERMIND I'LL BE OVER HERE KEEPING MY MOUTH SHUT Suspect
Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sat Mar 07, 2015 3:28 am

Lucky you, Tin! Very Happy Enjoy merry olde England and be sure to visit lots of Tolkien and HP-related sites so I can live vicariously through you. Razz
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Sat Mar 07, 2015 3:37 am

Be sure to try Buckie while you're over there, Tin. Smile

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinuviel Sat Mar 07, 2015 6:18 am

Sorry it was posted 5 times there were weird maintenance notices popping up and I wasn't sure what was going on...

Yes I plan on arranging several Tolkien related trips, like visiting his grave and the Eagle and Child and I'll be studying at Oxford for a week so I'll search for as much gold as I can!!!

And (in all seriousness) Buckie is a real beverage?

Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Sat Mar 07, 2015 6:31 am

Tinuviel wrote:

And (in all seriousness) Buckie is a real beverage?

Shockingly, yes. pale

Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sat Mar 07, 2015 6:55 am

Tinuviel wrote:And (in all seriousness) Buckie is a real beverage?

15% alcohol and more caffeine by volume than Red Bull!

Terrifyingly, it is a real thing.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Mar 07, 2015 1:05 pm

luckily it seems to be found only in Scotshobbit land. Very Happy

Oxford is gorgeous, small medieval city with golden stone buildings. I used to live there and loved every minute. Theres a great student café in the covered market, its called Georgina's. Theres loads of interesting places to eat in Jericho, I used to go and watch the Eagle ironworks foundry by the canal, it was like the workshop of Vulcan, sadly it was closed in 2005 and is no more, Philip Pullman wrote about it, he used that area as inspiration for The Northern Lights. but its nice down there. theres a canal with barges.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Mar 07, 2015 1:26 pm

#HarrisonFordreallyisIndianaJones
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Sat Mar 07, 2015 1:44 pm

Tinuviel wrote:And (in all seriousness) Buckie is a real beverage?

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sat Mar 07, 2015 2:29 pm

I'm jealous, Tin!

And we need a report from an unjaded tongue what bucky really tastes like. Even if not routinely sold south of the wall you should be able to follow clandestine tips to snag a bottle.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Mar 07, 2015 3:13 pm

'15% alcohol and more caffeine by volume than Red Bull!
Terrifyingly, it is a real thing.'- Eldo

What do you mean terrifyingly- its genius. If it wasnt for all the caffeine you'd pass out before you get down to all the fighting. Mad

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sat Mar 07, 2015 3:14 pm

Buckfast Tonic Wine / 75cl

Click to open expanded view

Buckfast Tonic Wine / 75cl
by Buckfast
35 customer reviews
Price: £10.99 (£10.99 / 75 cl) FREE UK delivery.
Only 2 left in stock.
Dispatched from and sold by ndlwholesale.
7 new from £6.75

75cl
Glass Bottle
Fortified Wine
England
15.00%

› See more product details
Rated 18 Alcohol is not for sale to people under the age of 18. For the facts about alcohol visit drinkaware.co.uk. A signature may be required on delivery. See Details
Coffee

Frequently Bought Together
Buckfast Tonic Wine / 75cl + Wincarnis Original wine 14% 75cl
Price For Both: £24.38
Add both to Basket

These items are dispatched from and sold by different sellers. Show details
Buy the selected items together

This item: Buckfast Tonic Wine / 75cl £10.99 (£10.99 / 75 cl)
Wincarnis Original wine 14% 75cl £13.39

Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought

Buckfast Drink Blame it on the Bucky T-Shirt
£12.99
Wincarnis Original wine 14% 75cl
£13.39 Amazon Prime
Sanatogen With Iron 70cl
£12.45
Sanatogen Original 70cl
£10.48
75cl Buckfast Tonic Wine (Case of 6)
£56.98
Buckfast Tonic Wine - 35cl - 15% ABV
£8.99

Special Offers and Product Promotions

Product Information
Technical Details
Expand
General Information
Item Weight 1.5 Kg
Product Dimensions 41.6 x 16.6 x 16 cm
Volume 750 ml
Storage Instructions Cool and dry conditions
Serving Recommendation Chilled
Country of origin Scotland
Alcohol Content 15 % Vol
Brand Buckfast
Vintage NV
Item Package Quantity 1
Manufacturer/Producer Buckfast
Number Of Items 1
Occasion Any.
Region Produced In Devon
Speciality Pre-dinner cocktail., With a cheese board.

I must say, i was sceptical about drinking a wine with such vast quantities of negative press surrounding it, but how wrong I was.

This drink is perhaps the greatest man has ever created; the taste, effect of drinking and aesthetic it gives all combine to make YOU a BETTER PERSON. This drink can turn a poor night out into a riot, where chaos is the most likely outcome.

I must recommend that you all try this drink, however, you must drink the whole bottle to get the full effect. I would refrain from buying it here as it's rather expensive.

Going to a party? This is the ideal beverage.

WARNING: DO NOT DRINK TWO BOTTLES OR YOU WONT BE ABLE TO REMEMBER ANYTHING.

I give my most sincere thanks to the monks of buckfast abbey, i love you all.
1 Comment Was this review helpful to you? Yes No
11 of 13 people found the following review helpful
A True Legend
By Skruffbagg on 23 Oct. 2013
The one drink that has stood the test of time for me, first drank when Iwas a 13 year old nipper, and still enjoyed today 18 years later.

An ideal pre/after party drink. If you're looking to power right through the next day then this is the drink for you.

Warning: Although you might think you can easily drink a second bottle at 1pm on a Sunday afternoon after staying up all night - and you most probably can - it's a rather dangerous idea. It doesn't get called "wreck-the-hoose-juice" for nothing. However with practice, this will become a standard action for the life and soul of the party.

Possibly the world's greatest drink, I can confidently say I will be buried with a bottle by my side.
Comment Was this review helpful to you? Yes No
2 of 2 people found the following review helpful
Brother-In-Laws favourite drink
By Anne McMullen on 26 Feb. 2014
Verified Purchase
I ordered this gift online from Australia for my brother in Scotland, great site would use again, he was very happy with this product
15 of 18 people found the following review helpful
Good Review
By Von Dug on 4 Dec. 2010
Fantastic what a night I had last night after having a nice refreshing bottle of this excellent blend of tonic wine.

Complements to the monk's..
16 of 20 people found the following review helpful
Transformative Qualities
By Al Kayda on 28 Dec. 2012
I have always eschewed violence finding it both repugnant and painful. However, I hadn't reckoned with the powers of 'Bucky' and having been introduced to it, or rather having had it introduced to me, at high speed, I found it to have a transformative effect in so many ways.
Gone were my former anxieties and lack of self-confidence when in conflict with others, as were any sensations of pain. The extraordinary ability to confront others with complete certainty of a successful outcome was not ameliorated by any resistance on the part of those to whom I directed a new-found hostility and arrogance. Whilst not actually conferring superpowers, it did serve to heighten both one's personal aggression and indifference to lost teeth, broken jaws, black eyes and contused lips.
More effective than Tramadol, and certainly funnier than Frankie Boyle, two bottles of this will make you believe that Donald Trump and Cuadrilla's heavies are no match for you - when in fact you are rendered punier as the urge to provoke violence grows exponentially more irresistible.
A life-changing experience courtesy of the Monks of Buckfast Abbey. There's no going back to who you were after a night with this stuff!
Written whilst on remand.
4 of 5 people found the following review helpful
Just the tonic!
By Trevor Young on 13 Jan. 2014
Verified Purchase
This was bought for a friend as a present, she is a great fan of it as a pick me up, It was great to be able to get it via Amazon as it is'nt available where i live
4 of 5 people found the following review helpful
Buckfast is fantastic!
By Thomas Ingle on 28 Nov. 2013
Verified Purchase
A beautifully sweet wine that tastes great and I'll recommend it to everyone.
If there's one thing that monks do well it's manufacturing this stuff!
1 of 1 people found the following review helpful
Five Stars
By Agnes Grozier on 9 Jan. 2015
Verified Purchase
gift for window cleaner he assured me he wouldn't indulge till his work was finished
1 Comment Was this review helpful to you? Yes No
See all 35 customer reviews (newest first)
Write a customer review
Ad feedback
Most Recent Customer Reviews
very very sweet. It definitely gets you pumped with the caffeine

When I asked about this product at a local wine shop, I was told it was often associated with tramps. So I had to have it. Read more
Published 9 days ago by Myles Coen
... bought for a Present as it is a very good pick me

This was bought for a Present as it is a very good pick me up
Published 11 days ago by reaa
Five Stars

Ish good schtuff
Published 1 month ago by SORENTO
Three Stars

Discovered this up Scotland around 1980 have been drinking it ever since love love love it just be carefull how much you drink it is deceiving how strong it is
Published 1 month ago by John lawley
Buckfast Abby tonic wine

What a lovely bottle to drink. If you like port you should like this drink. Those monks have done a good job
Published 2 months ago by mr rc sharlott
Five Stars

A+++ Tastes like tears of angels.
Published 4 months ago by Hanna Violet
Four Stars

Tasted good but extra cost of postage made it too costly.
Published 6 months ago by Denise
Five Stars

Very good
Published 6 months ago by Rachael Galsworthy
Five Stars

Taste of Eden!
Published 7 months ago by Na me
Search Customer Reviews

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sat Mar 07, 2015 3:14 pm

As reviewed by AMAZON ! Very Happy

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Mar 07, 2015 3:19 pm

'Tastes like tears of angels.'

Beautiful, just beautiful Sad drunken

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Mar 07, 2015 3:30 pm

Skip to about 3.30 in to see my culinary hero, the Mad Chef of Glasgow!

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum