Ringdrotten
Tinuviel
Norc
bungobaggins
Eldorion
20 posters

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Just...................whatever [4] - Page 37 Empty Re: Just...................whatever [4]

Post by Bluebottle Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:07 pm

azriel wrote:'Death' aint that bad, he likes kittens Very Happy

And currry. Very Happy

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Just...................whatever [4] - Page 37 Empty Re: Just...................whatever [4]

Post by Bluebottle Sat Feb 28, 2015 5:05 pm

The only good thing about being in a bad self-defeating mood is that there's great music to relate to..

Julian
He's gonna take my files
Every woman that I've slept with
Every friendship I've neglected
Didn't call when grandma died
I spend my money getting drunk and high
I've done things unprotected
Proceeded to drive home wasted
Bought things to win over siblings
I've said awful things, such awful things

And now
Now it's out
And now
Now it's out

Julian
He's gonna take my files
Telling people jokes to shut them up
Resenting people that I love
Sleep in 'til two then doin' shit
Just stay in bed and later lie 'bout it
Obsessing over greying hair
Knowing just what people wanna hear
Binging on unearned attention
I've said awful things, such awful things

I came by at seven in the morning
Seven in the morning, seven in the morning
I came by at seven in the morning
I said, "Baby, I'm finally succumbing"
Said something dumb like "I'm tired of running
Tired of running, tired of running"
Let's put a baby in the oven
Wouldn't I make the ideal husband?

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:51 pm

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:26 am

Awh ! his dear little face !

Just...................whatever [4] - Page 37 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Just...................whatever [4] - Page 37 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:23 pm

this cut me to shreds Crying or Very sad
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:26 pm

bungobaggins wrote:

that's adorable I love you
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:28 pm

this cut me to shreds- Figg

Thing that cuts me to shreds is seeing preventable disease like this not being prevented and people being left to suffer needlessly- what a world! Mad

Great when this sort of thing happens, but it shouldnt be special it should be routine by now.

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:30 pm

I know
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:31 pm

It just makes my crabbit go through the roof and my blood boil.

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:44 am

As much as we’d all like to believe this is a wondrous tale of friendship wherein two mates go on an epic adventure featuring a baby weasel and his magnificent flying steed, sadly it’s NOT.

It’s a photo of a weasel trying to kill a woodpecker.
Le-May spoke to BuzzFeed News about capturing the moment he described as “the struggle for life.”

Le-May, a hobby photographer, was taking a walk with his wife through the Hornchurch Country Park in east London in the hopes of her seeing a green woodpecker for the first time.

In an email to BuzzFeed News he described what we’re calling “The Thrilling Tale of The Woodpecker and The Weasel”:

“As we walked we heard a distressed squawking and I saw that flash of green. So hurriedly I pointed out to Ann the bird and it settled into the grass behind a couple of small silver birch trees. Both of us trained our binoculars and it occurred that the woodpecker was unnaturally hopping about like it was treading on a hot surface.

Lots of wing flapping showing that gloriously yellow/white colour interspersed with the flash of red head feathers. Just after I switched from my binoculars to my camera the bird flew across us and slightly in our direction; suddenly it was obvious it had a small mammal on its back and this was a struggle for life.

The woodpecker landed in front of us and I feared the worst. I guess though our presence, maybe 25 meters away, momentarily distracted the weasel. The woodpecker seized the opportunity and flew up and away into some bushes away to our left. Quickly the bird gathered its self respect and flew up into the trees and away from our sight.

The woodpecker left with its life. The weasel just disappeared into the long grass, hungry.”

Just...................whatever [4] - Page 37 Woodpeckerweasel_zpszscungwy

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:35 pm

'Now consider the tortoise and the eagle.

The tortoise is a ground-living creature. It is impossible to live nearer the ground without being under it. Its horizons are a few inches away. It has about as good a turn of speed as you need to hunt down a lettuce. It has survived while the rest of evolution flowed past it by being, on the whole, no threat to anyone and too much trouble to eat.

And then there is the eagle. A creature of the air and high places, whose horizons go all the way to the edge of the world. Eyesight keen enough to spot the rustle of some small and squeaky creature half a mile away. All power, all control. Lightning death on wings. Talons and claws enough to make a meal of anything smaller than it is and at least take a hurried snack out of anything bigger.

And yet the eagle will sit for hours on the crag and survey the kingdoms of the world until it spots a distant movement and then it will focus, focus, focus on the small shell wobbling among the bushes down there on the desert. And it will leap . . .

And a minute later the tortoise finds the world dropping away from it. And it sees the world for the first time, no longer one inch from the ground but five hundred feet above it, and it thinks: what a great friend I have in the eagle.

And then the eagle lets go.

And almost always the tortoise plunges to his death. Everyone knows why the tortoise does this. Gravity is a habit that is hard to shake off. No one knows why the eagle does this. There’s good eating on a tortoise but, considering the effort involved, there’s much better eating on practically anything else. It’s simply the delight of eagles to torment tortoises.

But of course, what the eagle does not realize is that it is participating in a very crude form of natural selection.

One day a tortoise will learn how to fly.'- Small Gods, Terry Pratchett

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:37 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:One day a tortoise will learn how to fly.

Very Happy

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:40 pm

Sad so glad the Woodpecker survived.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:27 am

Just...................whatever [4] - Page 37 10258009_10203328985459209_1021015556713021518_n

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:40 am

When its clean it looks very nice ! when its clean Wink
Have they got baths & sinks to match ?

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:18 pm

plus theres a flipping great window beside the transparent loo. maybe they are exhibitionists.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:33 pm

Just...................whatever [4] - Page 37 Bookshop%20016_zpsnz6zn022

Just...................whatever [4] - Page 37 Bookshop%20018_zpspywzysyq

Earlier you were saying Petty about book shops ? Well this is our most well known book shop, "Camilla's". Its 4 floors of 1000s upon 1000s of wonderous books, all stacked from the floor to the ceiling. Towers of coloured books silently waiting to be looked at or bought. If ever, God forbid, a fire broke out, the sadness & loss of all that information & imagination would be unbearable. The floors are bare wood & the smell when you walk in is heavenly ! It smells of history & magic.

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:39 pm

Like the burning of the library of Alexandria. Shocked

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:58 pm

that's my favourite kind of bookshop and they are so rare these days. I love you I could spend hours in a place like that. Very Happy they would probably have to chuck me out, but maybe not because I spend all my money on books. My idea of heaven is money for books, I don't really care much for clothes and makeup or stuff like that, if I have a choice its always books.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:05 pm

me too study :carrot:

Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:46 pm

I am glad you don't spend your money on makeup Dave Razz but yeah books are my drug. and coffee. What a Face
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Thu Mar 05, 2015 5:10 am

Can you imagine what doing inventory in that place would be like? No
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:12 am

I'm not sure they do inventory. Sofa

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:32 am

Thats just the entrance Eldo ! The guy who runs it practically knows every book hes got,& it really must be 1000s upon 1000s, the floors are divided into sections, War, Science, childrens etc, & you can ask him anything ! He knows where every book is,gawd knows how ? The alley ways between book piles is only inches wide,on every floor & theres 4 of them.How the floor supports the weight gawd only knows, to me its heaven on Earth Very Happy

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:53 am

Maybe they do do inventory. Shocked

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum