Amarië
Mrs Figg
Eldorion
20 posters

Page 26 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next

Go down

Game of Thrones -- TV ONLY - Page 26 Empty Re: Game of Thrones -- TV ONLY

Post by Eldorion Wed Mar 11, 2015 4:55 pm

Now I know how Halfwise feels. Mad Does SLFiW stand for..

Spoiler:
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Wed Mar 11, 2015 4:59 pm

Game of Thrones in 30 seconds. Laughing

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/03/10/this-weeks-cover-game-thrones-season-5

Also, regarding the Arya cover from EW:

Spoiler:
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:04 pm

Eldorion wrote:Now I know how Halfwise feels. Mad

Very Happy

(Though I only started with the acronym thing because you were doing it. Razz )

Eldorion wrote:Does SLFiW stand for..

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:09 pm

Eldorion wrote:Game of Thrones in 30 seconds. Laughing

"Tyrion is a science/chemistry teacher at a high school, and he finds this guy Jesse Pinkman."

Laughing

Eldorion wrote:Also, regarding the Arya cover from EW:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:15 pm

“With each season, the stakes get higher and higher and the war gets bloodier and bloodier,” says producer Bryan Cogman. “We’re in season 5 and there’s an expectation for big events and consequences.”

This I kind of have a problem with, because it's obviously prominently in their mind while adapting. But, having big events and consequenses doesn't mean you can't have quiet moments and time for contemplation too. And that is kind of the point with aFfCs and aDwDs. They are aftermath novels. They handle the aftermath of the War of the Five Kings and as such obviously have less moments like that. It allows the story to breathe. It allows the author to set up simmilar events in the future story. Because while aSoSs was amazing, it had two full books worth of build up. And by cutting out the quiter moments for contemplation they only portray one side of George's story. I like both sides personaly. And setting up big moments without build up, and foundation work have the danger of making them seem contrived and looses some of the impact those moments have. Their changes as such might end up having the opposite effect of the one they want to achieve. Shrugging

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:01 pm

Eldorion wrote:Now I know how Halfwise feels. Mad Does SLFiW stand for..

Spoiler:

cheers

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:19 pm

SLFiW aha one of my predictions has come to pass Wink
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:52 am

Bluebottle wrote:This I kind of have a problem with, because it's obviously prominently in their mind while adapting. But, having big events and consequenses doesn't mean you can't have quiet moments and time for contemplation too. And that is kind of the point with aFfCs and aDwDs. They are aftermath novels. They handle the aftermath of the War of the Five Kings and as such obviously have less moments like that. It allows the story to breathe. It allows the author to set up simmilar events in the future story. Because while aSoSs was amazing, it had two full books worth of build up. And by cutting out the quiter moments for contemplation they only portray one side of George's story. I like both sides personaly. And setting up big moments without build up, and foundation work have the danger of making them seem contrived and looses some of the impact those moments have. Their changes as such might end up having the opposite effect of the one they want to achieve.  Shrugging

I kinda felt like the show let people's expectations get the better of it on this front in the last season. "Everyone knows" that episode nine is supposed to be totally crazy-awesome, and it had been two years since the last really big battle scene, so clearly they needed to devote an entire episode to the defense of the Wall. But "Blackwater" was such an effective episode in season two because it was the climax of a season-long arc and a major turning point in the entire war/the series as a whole. Plus the entire battle took place on a scale unlike anything we'd yet seen (although the budget wasn't quite up to the task yet). But with "The Watchers on the Wall", they just overhyped the shit out of a preliminary skirmish between the wildlings and the remnants of the Night's Watch. The scale of the battle was not deserving of an entire episode dedicated solely to that subplot, particularly since using all that runtime contributed to shunting the end of the Wall's ASOS story into the next season. On a technical level, the battle was very impressive, but story-wise it underwhelmed.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:56 am

Catch the Throne 2 is branching out from being strictly a hip hop mixtape, as Mastodon (a metal band, for those who don't know) is contributing a track called "White Walkers".  You can listen to it at the link below.  I don't listen to a ton of Mastodon myself but I like it.

http://pitchfork.com/news/58780-mastodon-share-white-walker-from-the-game-of-thrones-mixtape-catch-the-throne-vol-2/
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:22 am

Eldorion wrote:
Bluebottle wrote:This I kind of have a problem with, because it's obviously prominently in their mind while adapting. But, having big events and consequenses doesn't mean you can't have quiet moments and time for contemplation too. And that is kind of the point with aFfCs and aDwDs. They are aftermath novels. They handle the aftermath of the War of the Five Kings and as such obviously have less moments like that. It allows the story to breathe. It allows the author to set up simmilar events in the future story. Because while aSoSs was amazing, it had two full books worth of build up. And by cutting out the quiter moments for contemplation they only portray one side of George's story. I like both sides personaly. And setting up big moments without build up, and foundation work have the danger of making them seem contrived and looses some of the impact those moments have. Their changes as such might end up having the opposite effect of the one they want to achieve.  Shrugging

I kinda felt like the show let people's expectations get the better of it on this front in the last season.  "Everyone knows" that episode nine is supposed to be totally crazy-awesome, and it had been two years since the last really big battle scene, so clearly they needed to devote an entire episode to the defense of the Wall.  But "Blackwater" was such an effective episode in season two because it was the climax of a season-long arc and a major turning point in the entire war/the series as a whole.  Plus the entire battle took place on a scale unlike anything we'd yet seen (although the budget wasn't quite up to the task yet).  But with "The Watchers on the Wall", they just overhyped the shit out of a preliminary skirmish between the wildlings and the remnants of the Night's Watch.  The scale of the battle was not deserving of an entire episode dedicated solely to that subplot, particularly since using all that runtime contributed to shunting the end of the Wall's ASOS story into the next season.  On a technical level, the battle was very impressive, but story-wise it underwhelmed.

You're not wrong. The narrative end of that so called battle is nothing changing. And besides the attack on Castle Black from the south, the only actual action was the giant entering the tunnel. The rest was just wildlings standing around brandishng their weapons. They did massively hype up the two last episodes last season, and neither really delivered. To me the signpost of that was Bran arriving at Bloodraven's hill. They not only had to replace the normal, established in the story, wights with skeleton warriors, who were supposed to be more scary and impressive, but who somehow could be defeated by normal weapons, to make the story more exciting, they had to have a child of the forest throwing fireballs/grenades. They pretty much made it into a goofy action scene that bore little resemblance to the low magic approach of the rest of the story. And they had Jojen dying. That in itself wasn't a problem. But why did he have to die? There was no story purpose to it. It was just written for emmotional impact. As with Grenn and Pip at the wall. And that's kind of the problem. Deaths without storypurpose lacks emmotional impact, which is just what they are meant to impart. And they diminish the impacct of the deaths with storypurpose. It's the thinking bigger, more is always better. And I'm not sure it always is.

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:33 am

halfwise wrote:
Eldorion wrote:Now I know how Halfwise feels. Mad Does SLFiW stand for..

Spoiler:

cheers

Rolling Eyes Laughing

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:24 pm

Proper quality and length youtube trailer.

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:26 pm

And a new making of video.

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:45 pm

Dorne will be in the opening credits this year. Very Happy

Game of Thrones -- TV ONLY - Page 26 Game-of-Thrones-EW-Scan-game-of-thrones-38258736-375-500

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:47 pm

Now, who will this be.. scratch

Spoiler:

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:58 pm

Scans of Entertainment Weekly's Game of Thrones issue.

http://www.fanpop.com/clubs/game-of-thrones/images/38258746/title/game-thrones-ew-scan-photo

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:08 pm

The line about Ramsay having a new plaything suggests to me that fArya might be a thing after all.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:08 pm

Yeah, I think so too. It will be interesting to see how they try to sell her off as Ned's daughter fi she's not sent of from KL by the Lannisters like Jeyne. Though I guess the Northern Lords kind of knew she wasn't the real thing in the books. Would anyone buy them just taking some random girl though? scratch

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:33 pm

Someone made a run through of what was covered in the ew special.

There wasn't as much as you would expect given the page count, but here are the bits that stood out to me:

They confirm sexual tensions between Jon and Mel in season 5. They refer to Mel's attempts to seduce him, and Kit Harrington remarks on his character's love of redheads.

They once again confirm no Iron Islands and no Stoneheart.

There is a shot of Dorne appearing in the opening credits. There's a snake coiling up a big, lance-shaped central spire, and rippling pools in front of the castle. The text on the map labels it as Dorne, instead of Sunspear. This upsets me more than is reasonable.

There's a bit of dialogue between Tyrion and Varys. Varys, trying to convince Tyrion of his worth, tells him he has Tywin's political instincts and he has compassion. Tyrion questions the compassion point, arguing that he did just strangle Shae and shoot his father. Varys replies: "I didn't say you were perfect".

Some Ellaria-Doran dialogue. Ellaria tells him that everyone in Dorne is furious and wants to see how he's going to avenge his brother.

There are some small character portraits. For the most part unremarkable, except for Theon, who is now sporting well-groomed hair, and fancy clothes highly reminiscent of what the Vale lords wore in season 4. I have no fucking idea wha this means. Maybe Ramsay gives Reek to Alayne (a wedding gift?) and she dresses him in Vale style?

They have an interview with a cast member who just filmed their death scene. Their character has no yet died in the book. They say it's a cast member of "several" years. In the interview they say that they had read the books, and they were excited because they thought they were going to get more material this year. But then they got their filming dates, and it seemed like way too few. Then the producers called to let them know they were being killed off. Running through the options in my head that fit what's there, I fear for Sam.

Producers won't confirm if the Hound is alive or dead, but Rory McCann is not it this season.

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:33 pm

This..

There's a bit of dialogue between Tyrion and Varys. Varys, trying to convince Tyrion of his worth, tells him he has Tywin's political instincts and he has compassion. Tyrion questions the compassion point, arguing that he did just strangle Shae and shoot his father. Varys replies: "I didn't say you were perfect".

Laughing

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:42 pm

Bluebottle wrote:Now, who will this be.. scratch

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:36 pm

Spoiler:

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:15 am

It's hard to think of this as anyting but trolling. Razz

Spoiler:

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Mar 13, 2015 1:47 pm

Bluebottle wrote:And a new making of video.

brilliant! thanks for this. Razz
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Mar 13, 2015 1:50 pm

Bluebottle wrote:It's hard to think of this as anyting but trolling. Razz

Spoiler:

yep that's not very pleasant. No
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg