Mrs Figg
Eldorion
20 posters

Page 17 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next

Go down

Game of Thrones -- TV ONLY - Page 17 Empty Re: Game of Thrones -- TV ONLY

Post by Bluebottle Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:31 am

bounce

Game of Thrones -- TV ONLY - Page 17 14381_10152715935032734_1818270197212945675_n

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:45 am

Eldorion wrote:My understanding of the latest on the publication date front is that Martin hasn't communicated to his UK editor that TWOW will be ready in 2015, but that he also just hasn't been in touch with her much at all lately, so it's possible the book could be finished soon and then added to the schedule. But the more likely scenario is that it won't be ready until at least 2016.

Yeah. I think she, his editor, said something like she hadn't had any news, and there was no plans to release it in 2015. So, 2016 seems more likely.

If anything, more because it seems the best solution than anything else, it would make sense if they released it concurrently with season 6.

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sat Jan 31, 2015 4:04 am

I don't think any goes to prove the superiority of the IMAX format quite like seeing it for yourself, but the fact that it can make a cam rip look that good is a close second. Laughing {{{Though of course as soon as I finish watching that video I see there's an official upload and have to watch that as well. Rolling Eyes Razz}}}

That was a really good trailer though. I love the pop songs they use every season. I suppose we already knew that Faegon wasn't showing up, but I'm wondering what book implications (if any) can be read into Varys being in Dany's corner here. It's gonna be a little frustrating wondering just how much the TV show is spoiling over the next several years, since we know that D&D are aware of Martin's vague endgame, but also that Martin doesn't have a very detailed plan.

I go back and forth on Emilia Clarke but the new season looks dope. I'm glad this show exists. Very Happy
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sat Jan 31, 2015 3:21 pm

I sheepishly admit that from the moment I saw her naked I've been firmly in Emilia Clarke's corner. I think she's doing an okay job with her part - could be a little stronger but she shows flashes of steel; has the right look in her eyes every time she says "dracarys".

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:48 pm

Sexposition works.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:46 pm

Eldorion wrote:Sexposition works.

Laughing

I think Emilia did really well early on when she was with the Dortrakhi and so on. The more she moved into the queenly role, the more I've lost my taste for her performance. The stony-faced delivery of some qustionably written lines really doesn't do it for me.

"They can live in my new world... or die in their old one."
"I will answer injustice... with justice."
"I will not stop the wheel... I will break the wheel."

Rolling Eyes

I do wonder how much of it is the direction. I would really have liked for them to let her show some more range. She did show she had it in earlier seasons. And in certain newer scenes, like when chaining up the dragons. You certainly don't see any of her naivety or innocence from the books in her portrayal.

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:48 pm

You might have to watch it again, Eldo. Very Happy As the last youtube link was just someone copying the video from facebook, and uploading it to youtube in lesser quality. So you need to wacht it on facebook for proper hd quality, I think.

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10152715877082734

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:49 pm

Eldorion wrote: I suppose we already knew that Faegon wasn't showing up, but I'm wondering what book implications (if any) can be read into Varys being in Dany's corner here.

That's one thing that really had me pondering too. Because, come on. Varys was as late as last season sabotaging Daenerys, having Jorah exiled on Tywins order. He has over the past couple of seasons tried to have her killed, revealed important information about her to the small council. Basically been anything but a Dany supporter. And that's not taking into account that he and Illyrio shipped her off to the Dortrakhi in the first place, as Illyrio admitted, thinking she might very well die.

Someone said, they might just have decided she might be what's best for the realm recently. But where does that leave us with the whole Arya overhearing him and Illyrio in season 1. They have been working towards a very specific goal for a long time, and by their actions it certainly hasn't been Daenerys on the Iron Throne.

It seem the sort of change where they don't take into account the amount of Martins forshadowing of Aegon they've already included and just go on regardless with a change that seems to make sense in the moment. Something one might expect from Jackson, one could almost say.

Now it should be noted that Illyrio acted just this way in the books as well, giving the outward appearance of supporting Daenerys. Tyrion had to figure the whole Aegon plot out for himself, though that wasn't very difficult. And that might be what's happening in the show too, Varys might be simply misdirecting Tyrion and Aegon might appear later. If not though, the writing so far doesn't make much sense.

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:05 pm

I agree about Emilia Clarkes performance, its not evolved any. if you compare her to Arya who gets better each season and has really impressed me with the depth of her portrayal, Emilia is quite boring, beautiful, but boring. I liked her stint during the casting off of Ser Jorah, that scene in the throne room was excellent, but in general she is a bit too serene and one note for my taste.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:36 am

One note would very much describe her I feel. It's like every word she utters need to be commanding or something. And it wasn't so much the case earlier in the series. Shrugging

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:37 am

I'm going to attempt to watch the RW episode. pale (Mostly from behind here probably. Sofa )

Wish me luck. Razz

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Sun Feb 01, 2015 2:20 am

The north remembers. Sad

My son Wendel came to the the Twins a guest. He ate Lord Walder's bread and salt, and hung his sword upon the wall to feast with friends. And they murdered him. Murdered, I say, and may the Freys choke upon their fables. I drink with Jared, jape with Symond, promise Rhaegar the hand of my own beloved granddaughter ... but never think that means I have forgotten. The north remembers, Lord Davos. The north remembers, and the mummer’s farce is almost done. My son is home.

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sun Feb 01, 2015 2:36 am

Mrs Figg wrote:I agree about Emilia Clarkes performance, its not evolved any. if you compare her to Arya who gets better each season and has really impressed me with the depth of her portrayal, Emilia is quite boring, beautiful, but boring. I liked her stint during the casting off of Ser Jorah, that scene in the throne room was excellent, but in general she is a bit too serene and one note for my taste.

needs to show more of the vulnerability and self doubt of the books. May be in the writing, not sure.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:55 am

Well, considering what she's acting against. Shrugging

Game of Thrones -- TV ONLY - Page 17 ETTRjeY

That location is stunning though.

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:22 am

I think this is the first mention of House Blackfyre in any show-related material.

Preview of the S4 DVD extras from Target

It might not mean anything -- the DVDs included family trees that were later overruled by the show -- but it raises the possibility that Faegon will appear after all. (Spoiler: he won't.)
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Tue Feb 03, 2015 4:10 pm

Yeah, it's very interesting that they are included in the show canon now. Though the actual implications of that..

Spoiler:

Meaning.. it doesn't necessarily tell us anything. Razz

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Tue Feb 03, 2015 4:12 pm

Youtube equivalent of what Eldo posted above.

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:55 am

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Fri Feb 06, 2015 5:19 am

This was the first thing to come up in my browser history for the Daily Show. A bit old now, but a fun interview. Nod

http://thedailyshow.cc.com/videos/u3fpyo/peter-dinklage

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Fri Feb 06, 2015 5:37 am

Shocked

Game of Thrones -- TV ONLY - Page 17 A+keeper+if+you+don+t+support+the+one+true+king_302e35_5153226

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:38 am

http://www.makinggameofthrones.com/production-diary/first-look-got-a-day-in-the-life-special

This Sunday, Game of Thrones: A Day in the Life will let you step onto the set. The 30-minute special documents one epic day of production as tackled by hundreds of crew members across three countries. In addition to a behind-the-scenes look at the action in Dubrovnik, Croatia, Belfast, Northern Ireland and Seville, Spain, the preview includes several never-before-seen features. Below are three things to look forward to:

1. THE WATER GARDENS OF DORNE

Prince Oberyn Martell mentioned to Cersei that her daughter Myrcella enjoyed the Water Gardens. Now, the Dornish setting makes its on-camera debut in Season 5. The real-life location attracts an average of 8,000 tourists each day.

2. A NEW CHARACTER IN ACTION

See Jonathan Pryce, aka the High Sparrow, play against Lena Headey's Cersei Lannister.

3. A NEW NORTHERN OUTPOST

Go inside the creation of a fishing village north of the Wall.

Regarding number three ... Mother Mole confirmed?
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Feb 07, 2015 1:28 pm

nice! I will take a look later. Thumbs Up
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Sat Feb 07, 2015 1:47 pm

Ah, looking forward to that. Nod

2. A NEW CHARACTER IN ACTION

See Jonathan Pryce, aka the High Sparrow, play against Lena Headey's Cersei Lannister.

bounce I think he's going to be great as the High Sparrow.

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Sat Feb 07, 2015 1:54 pm

Eldorion wrote:Regarding number three ... Mother Mole confirmed?

I think they are expanding quite widely on the whole Hardhome scenario, that's not knowing how it will play out in the books though, which wil apparently include

Spoiler:

Feels almost like Mother Mole would get lost in the chaos, but they are definitely making Hardhome a big deal.

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sat Feb 07, 2015 5:40 pm

I did not know that they were planning that sort of expansion to the storyline at the Wall.  I'm not too worried because so far D&D have stuck closer to the book than was feared at most major junctions, but we're getting into uncharted territory soon so it'll be interesting to see...

And yeah, the High Sparrow should be interesting to see.  It's kinda sad that we're probably gonna get the resolution to that subtplot in the show before the books, when it began in print 10 years ago. Razz
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next