Amarië
malickfan
David H
Lancebloke
leelee
20 posters

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Bigger, Badder, Even More Serious Thread [4] - Page 35 Empty Re: The Bigger, Badder, Even More Serious Thread [4]

Post by azriel Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:56 pm

In all honesty from me, I wish there was no such thing as Religion also. I wish it ( any ) had never been dreamed up, cos thats what it is....a dream. A dream of better things, better people, a better world. Its caused so much misery, so much pain & hurt, all for what ? A promise of happiness ? How long could humans last without 'religion' ? ( of any kind ) What else would they put their trust in ? People have become so brain washed thru the centuries that I, myself, cannot imagine a life without religion. But I wish it was so, I really do ! Maybe we'd all get along better ? A bit more than naive I guess but, Id rather hope for true common sense for us all to get by than have some Book bashing God telling me how to live & what to do to others especially if others dont comply ! In fact religion stunts your mental freedom. Its there, lurking in the background, so your never really free of it. Humans are parasites living on this Earth, praying to a higher parasite in the hope of immortality & heaven. We,ve never had concrete proof of anything wonderous, This urge humans have of an afterlife, that drives them to believe in Mediums, ghosts, seances etc.Curses from Egyptian tombs, I shake my head. You dont need a God to be decent to each other, you just need yourself.

The Bigger, Badder, Even More Serious Thread [4] - Page 35 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

The Bigger, Badder, Even More Serious Thread [4] - Page 35 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

The Bigger, Badder, Even More Serious Thread [4] - Page 35 Empty Re: The Bigger, Badder, Even More Serious Thread [4]

Post by David H Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:54 pm

Azriel wrote: Id rather hope for true common sense for us all to get by than have some [.....] telling me how to live & what to do to others especially if others dont comply ! In fact [....] stunts your mental freedom. Its there, lurking in the background, so your never really free of it. Humans are parasites living on this Earth, praying to a higher parasite in the hope of [....]. We,ve never had concrete proof of anything wonderous,

Reading this, I couldn't help but think of the way people look to their governments and countries as well. I'm just as troubled by patriotism as religious zeal, but our cultures seem to expect it of us. Why is a person born on one side of an imaginary line any different than somebody born on the other side? What is a nation anyway? Can anybody show me one? Yet a lot more people fight and die for them than for religions as far as I can see...

The Bigger, Badder, Even More Serious Thread [4] - Page 35 1280px-Male_kodiak_bear_face  The Bigger, Badder, Even More Serious Thread [4] - Page 35 UJpDi The Bigger, Badder, Even More Serious Thread [4] - Page 35 Mumbea10
David H
David H
Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:14 pm

if we didn't have religion and patriotism we would just go and make something else up to torture each other with. it seems we need to have 'the other' to hate and blame. maybe its hardwired into our dna since the prehistoric times when the people in the next village really were out for our blood and all strangers meant danger either physical violence or from plagues.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Thu Jan 08, 2015 6:25 pm

Cynical, Mrs Figg, but not far from the truth I'm afraid.....

The Bigger, Badder, Even More Serious Thread [4] - Page 35 1280px-Male_kodiak_bear_face  The Bigger, Badder, Even More Serious Thread [4] - Page 35 UJpDi The Bigger, Badder, Even More Serious Thread [4] - Page 35 Mumbea10
David H
David H

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:42 pm

Too cynical for me. There is hope out there, particularly in the younger generation of Muslims coming up now, the internet generation.

There are Muslim voices out there we just don't tend to hear about in the West who want tolerance, who want peaceful coexistence.

There is a Muslim cartoonist whose work I am a fan of, Khalid Albaih, and its the generation of Muslims his work represents and appeals to that we should be trying to appeal to and promote and work with.
They are the best chance of ridding the world of extremist Islam.

The Bigger, Badder, Even More Serious Thread [4] - Page 35 201518125436873734_20_zpsa5b7507b

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:46 pm

cynicism seems to get you killed in Forumshire. well those guys at Charlie Hebdo were cynics so god bless em and god bless cynics everywhere. we fooking need em. Although they might have objected to the god bit. Shocked
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:42 am

I have always thought of satire as basically a positive outlook- its poking fun and mocking serious issues in order to bring them to light and evoke change.

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:44 am

Well, these murderers have brought attention alright but,maybe not as they intended ? Its brought even more solidarity out on the streets, people denouncing terrorism, advocating free speech & free will, Students & cartoonists being defiant. Hail to thee !

The Bigger, Badder, Even More Serious Thread [4] - Page 35 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:20 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:I have always thought of satire as basically a positive outlook- its poking fun and mocking serious issues in order to bring them to light and evoke change.

I love good satire, but I don't think of it as either positive or negative. It's a weapon that can be used either way depending on how it's wielded. Just like change itself it can be either good or bad, and most often some awkward mix of the two.

I've always thought satire was at its best when it's pulled the tail of the rich, the powerful, and the hypocritical. It's at its worst when it mocks the plight of the poor, the unfortunate and the downtrodden (I'm thinking of some really unfortunate racist satire for example). There's always been plenty of both.

David H
David H

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:24 pm

azriel wrote:Well, these murderers have brought attention alright but,maybe not as they intended ? Its brought even more solidarity out on the streets, people denouncing terrorism, advocating free speech & free will, Students & cartoonists being defiant. Hail to thee !

I wish I could believe that Az. I'm just worried that it's actually brought about exactly what they did intend, which is more division. Sad

David H
David H

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:41 pm

You could be right there Dave, thats the complexity of the human mind, it can go either way. It can be treacherous, devious & at worst, uncertain. Dealing with terrorism isnt as easy or straightforward as some people think it is. Its all very well saying 'do this & do that', till it lands on your door step.

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Jan 09, 2015 4:21 pm

Got to wonder is Putin actually just mad? Because if this wasn't from the BBC and as it isn't April the 1st I have to assume this is actually serious.

'Russia has listed transsexual and transgender people among those who will no longer qualify for driving licences.
Fetishism, exhibitionism and voyeurism are also included as "mental disorders" now barring people from driving. '- BBC

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Fri Jan 09, 2015 4:37 pm

affraid Eh ?
He hasnt been practicing the good old traditional 'Russian Sleep Experiment' has he ?

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:15 pm

I had to google "Russian Sleep Experiment"....
Shocked
affraid affraid affraid
Sofa

I know it's an urban legend, but I still don't know if I'll be able to go to sleep tonight for fear on NOT going to sleep Shocked

David H
David H

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:28 pm

well Putin may wrestle tigers in public, but its always those who over compensate that have a drawer full of pink frilly knickers.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Sat Jan 10, 2015 3:50 am

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sat Jan 10, 2015 1:28 pm

Comforting words yer worship Very Happy
Sorry to disturb you Dave, It is a myth but, you never can tell what goes on deep inside large, lost, lonely places ??

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:32 pm

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/396131/i-am-not-charlie-leaked-newsroom-emails-reveal-al-jazeera-fury-over-global-support

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:34 pm

azriel wrote:Comforting words yer worship

Yer worship? Suspect That's Mr. Mayor to you! Razz

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:49 pm

azriel wrote: Dave, It is a myth but, you never can tell what goes on deep inside large, lost, lonely places ??

Or even smaller ones (like Petty's barrel Suspect pale )

David H
David H

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Jan 10, 2015 5:11 pm

Smaller every day. If Figg doesn't give it a good scrubbing soon I wont be able to get into the damn thing. Mad

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Jan 10, 2015 5:14 pm

I will de-crust something else soon Suspect
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Jan 10, 2015 5:15 pm

Now I'm confused as to if thats a threat or a promise! scratch

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Jan 10, 2015 5:34 pm

probably a threat. Nod
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Jan 10, 2015 5:53 pm

pale

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next