Rhiannon's "I'm not afraid of poo" Thread (Formerly: Hello from a newbie!)

+13
Ringdrotten
Norc
odo banks
Pettytyrant101
RA
bungobaggins
azriel
Eldorion
Radaghast
Mrs Figg
malickfan
halfwise
Rhiannon
17 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Rhiannon's "I'm not afraid of poo" Thread (Formerly: Hello from a newbie!) Empty Rhiannon's "I'm not afraid of poo" Thread (Formerly: Hello from a newbie!)

Post by Rhiannon Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:42 pm

Hello to everyone. I came upon Forumshire searching for news about DOS and it's a pity that I didn't find it earlier. I love the discussions around here.

Exactly 30 years ago I got LotR as a christmas present. My love for the book and for all of Tolkiens work has never faded since then. As far as the movies are concerned, I'd count myself among the purists. There are some things, mostly visually, that I like about them, but much more that I find annoying or simply bad.

My username doesn't mean anything, except that it's the name of a song, that I love. That beeing said, maybe I shoud mention that my husband sometimes calls 'Fool of a Took', I really don't know why ..  Wink

Rhiannon
Shireling

Back to top Go down

Rhiannon's "I'm not afraid of poo" Thread (Formerly: Hello from a newbie!) Empty Re: Rhiannon's "I'm not afraid of poo" Thread (Formerly: Hello from a newbie!)

Post by halfwise Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:56 pm

I would love for someone dear to me to call me "fool of a Took"!

So glad to have you here, poke around and I think you'll find plenty that is entertaining, if somewhat perplexing at times. We have a lot of inside jokes.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Rhiannon's "I'm not afraid of poo" Thread (Formerly: Hello from a newbie!) Empty Re: Rhiannon's "I'm not afraid of poo" Thread (Formerly: Hello from a newbie!)

Post by malickfan Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:01 pm

Hi Rhiannon welcome to Forumshire  Wave 

Always nice to see new people posting here, hope you have a fun time.

As Halfwise said have a poke around and I'm sure you'll find something to interest you. I wouldn't worry about being a purist, quite a few of us are...less than fond of Jackson's 'adaptions', in fact it's arguably a badge of pride for some.

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:03 pm

Wave  hi
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Radaghast Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:27 pm

Rhiannon wrote:As far as the movies are concerned, I'd count myself among the purists. There are some things, mostly visually, that I like about them, but much more that I find annoying or simply bad.
 cheers 

Welcome!
Radaghast
Radaghast
Barrel-rider

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:48 pm

Hi Rhiannon, glad to have you with us! I like Fleetwood Mac and Stevie Nicks a lot, too. Thumbs Up
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:49 pm

Hello  Wave 

Rhiannon's "I'm not afraid of poo" Thread (Formerly: Hello from a newbie!) Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Rhiannon's "I'm not afraid of poo" Thread (Formerly: Hello from a newbie!) Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:52 pm

Welcome!  :carrot: 

Whenever I hear Fleetwood Mac I think of this bit from Flight of the Conchords. Laughing

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:03 pm

lol!
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Rhiannon's "I'm not afraid of poo" Thread (Formerly: Hello from a newbie!) Empty Hello from a newbie

Post by Rhiannon Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:03 pm

Thank you all very much for your warm welcome!

Hello Bungobaggins, I haven't seen the movie, but I like this scene very much  Laughing 

bungobaggins wrote:Welcome!  :carrot: 

Whenever I hear Fleetwood Mac I think of this bit from Flight of the Conchords. Laughing

Rhiannon
Shireling

Back to top Go down

Post by RA Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:06 pm

Hello  Wave 

"From him they learnt many things it were not good for any but the great Valar to know, for being half-comprehended such deep hidden things slay happiness; and besides many of the sayings of Melko were cunning lies or were but partly true, and the Noldoli ceased to sing, and their viols fell silent upon the hill of Kôr, for their hearts grew somewhat older as their lore grew deeper and their desires more swollen, and the books of their wisdom were multiplied as the leaves of the forest."

Remember Merp - July 11th, 2013
RA
RA
Defender of the faith and Dunedain of the thread

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:17 pm

Welcome, welcome Rhiannon.

Married? Then your old enough to have a buckie and almost certainly in need of one!
Pull up a stool, get a round in (as by lucky chance it happens to be your round  Nod ) and if a long headed chap called Odo turns up and tries to sell you a hole dont give him any money! All his holes are damp!  No 

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by odo banks Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:20 pm

At least my holes don't have the ends of worms in them, Mister Tyrant! Least - not all of them.... Which can't be said about most Scotshobbit holes... apparently....  Mad 

Respectable Hobbit of Needlehole

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:26 pm

Hey all you will ever find in my hole is old buckie bottles (and Mrs Figg on cleaning days- not thats she ever bloody shows up for them, I even wrote her up a rota and detailed instrucions on how to get the buckie stains out a sporran, but do I even get a thankyou?  Mad )

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:43 pm

I dont touch Scotshobbit holes, they never take their shoes off before they go in. Hence the term 'knocking boots' hoots mon!
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:45 pm

If I take off my shoes my socks get damp form the buckie spills on the floor and all the fag ends stick to the soles of my feet  Evil or Very Mad (this might not be the case if you would turn up and clean the place  Mad )

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:47 pm

elephant  not on your nelly mate
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by odo banks Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:47 pm

I certainly would never go near a hole that had a buckie bottle stuck up it! Suspect I mean ---- how unrespectable! Shocked  A respectable hobbit would only consider Old Wynyard.  Nod

And, frankly, I would not go anywhere near a Scotshobbit hole, Mrs Figg. I hear no amount of scrubbing can get them clean.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:48 pm

affraid 
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:50 pm

Old Wynard hasnt had a good vintage since the SA. Its just for old coal scuttle stealing duffers who cant handle their buckie any more Odo. So yes, perfect for you  Nod

I hear no amount of scrubbing can get them clean. - Odo

Wire brush and swarfega  but she'll have to get down on her knees for a good hard rubbing Nod

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by odo banks Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:50 pm

Extremely Crabbit

{{{And, a word of advice, Mister Tyrant --- I don't know as Mrs Figg is going to be happy... pale }}}

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:01 am

{{{{She's not allergic to swarfega is she?!  Shocked }}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:38 am

No, I think its the "good hard rubbing" thats gonna get her !  Wink 

Rhiannon's "I'm not afraid of poo" Thread (Formerly: Hello from a newbie!) Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Rhiannon's "I'm not afraid of poo" Thread (Formerly: Hello from a newbie!) Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:02 am

Hello Wave
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:39 am

I think its the "good hard rubbing" thats gonna get her ! - Azriel

But you have to put a bit of rubbing in with a wire brush or it'll never clean my hole.  Mad 

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next