Post by Bluebottle Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:52 pm

And this.

Okay, i'll freely admit to being slightly hooked.  Razz 

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Music [2] - Page 30 Empty Re: Music [2]

Post by Bluebottle Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:53 pm

And, as I'm so nice, why don't I repost norcs Röyksopp videos for the new page.

Norc wrote:favourite music Very Happy i really recomend the album Senior (where the songs are from)

this is the newest one(didn't know it was for H&M..):

http://royksopp.com/videos/

Norc wrote:

Norc wrote:aaaaaah love this soooong!!!

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:56 pm

Bluebottle wrote:I really should get around to giving Röyksopp a proper listen one of these days, shouldn't I.
yes, yes you should. they're from here Very Happy and thanx for bumping the videos here Smile 
i'm just gonna add one more Nod

or two

aaaand some live stuff. this is actually from not long ago, my town, a rare concert in their hometown. it's the singer from Bel Canto (the snow-song halfy loved so much) and i, and my sister and some friends, met röyksopp afterwards.. (i know live recordings are usually shit and the audience ruin it by trying to sing along, but they're fun)

the first one a guy sings it on the album, and the second two on the album it is Robyn.

and... just because after all those lie schtuff i think i want to show u this calm song Very Happy honestly this is one of the most beautiful and melancholic yet hopeful and warm songs ever. if u just want to listen to one of these vids, listen to this one!

Last edited by Norc on Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:02 pm

Nice that you got to meet them. I always want to be the local who shows a band where to go after the show, but they always seem to have their own plans...

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:07 pm

well, me too halfy Wink but these guys are local Nod only, they don't live here.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:09 pm

Forest Shepherd wrote: I must say that I was distracted quite a bit by the guy on the right of the couch though. He looks so much like my dad did when he was younger! 
what, really? this guy?? the blond one?
Music [2] - Page 30 R%C3%B6yksopp-Kings-of-Leon
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:14 pm

yers

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:20 pm

i don't believe u.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:34 pm

I do indeed prefer the last video. the less amped up songs do a better job of using her voice quality. The frenetic stuff is more fun at a concert, but I think the real talent is revealed in the more spare songs.

I think the true quality of a band is shown in the slower and simpler stuff, where there's no place to hide.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:34 pm

Well his cheekbones are lower, and his nose is a bit different. But that guy really looks a lot like my dad.

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:35 pm

halfwise wrote:I do indeed prefer the last video.  the less amped up songs do a better job of using her voice quality.  The frenetic stuff is more fun at a concert, but I think the real talent is revealed in the more spare songs.

I think the true quality of a band is shown in the slower and simpler stuff, where there's no place to hide.
yes, i agree, they have a lot of those songs. i recommend their first album Melody A.M, lots of great songs, reminds me of my childhood somehow, probably because we played it in the car while driving around during summer-nights looking for a good place to camp. also the album Senior you should check out. Senior and Junior are opposites which is kinda cool. they were thinking of making an electronica album for old people (no offence) with softer and deeper sound. i think i posted something from Senior above, the adventure in barbieland one (it has lots of different songs from that album).
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:46 pm

As far as I remember she said she recorded the vocal to the last video, Sparks, on a tape recorder crying in her kitchen, contemplating that the things in life that really matter are those small everyday things that one normally doesn't notice.

There's certainly something about the starkness of the recording and the vividity of the emotions expressed..

Norc wrote:
Bluebottle wrote:I really should get around to giving Röyksopp a proper listen one of these days, shouldn't I.
yes, yes you should. they're from here Very Happy and thanx for bumping the videos here Smile

I will, I will, I will.  Smile I just want to... give it my full attention, if that makes any sense.  Smile

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:48 pm

Just to fawn a little more over fleet foxes.. The first song here is really good, but on the album it's hidden away in the middle of some song cycle. Second ones not to bad either..

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:49 pm

And... to get it all in one post.  Smile 

Norc wrote:favourite music Very Happy i really recomend the album Senior (where the songs are from)

this is the newest one(didn't know it was for H&M..):

http://royksopp.com/videos/

Norc wrote:

Norc wrote:aaaaaah love this soooong!!!

Norc wrote:i'm just gonna add one more Nod

or two

aaaand some live stuff. this is actually from not long ago, my town, a rare concert in their hometown. it's the singer from Bel Canto (the snow-song halfy loved so much) and i, and my sister and some friends, met röyksopp afterwards.. (i know live recordings are usually shit and the audience ruin it by trying to sing along, but they're fun)

the first one a guy sings it on the album, and the second two on the album it is Robyn.

and... just because after all those lie schtuff i think i want to show u this calm song :Dhonestly this is one of the most beautiful and melancholic yet hopeful and warm songs ever. if u just want to listen to one of these vids, listen to this one!

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:25 pm

scarily talented Fyordlandian 8 year old girl  Shocked wowzer!

Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:59 pm

Bluebottle wrote:As far as I remember she said she recorded the vocal to the last video, Sparks, on a tape recorder crying in her kitchen, contemplating that the things in life that really matter are those small everyday things that one normally doesn't notice.

There's certainly something about the starkness of the recording and the vividity of the emotions expressed..
yeah i know, she told me. it was actually just like a test and when they called back or she called back, she asked if it was ok and if she should come into studio or something and they were like no no, that's fine, we like it. it wasn't meant to be like that, but it just did.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:01 pm

yeah, that kid is great Very Happy she won Wink but i think she's a bit young and well.. cocky (but who isn't at that age)
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:33 am

so the sheet music for this year's summer course has arrived and this is one of the songs:
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:29 am

Much string work!
Actually... entirely string work.
Does it have good viola bits?

Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:54 am

dunno, i'm playing 1. violin on this.
edit: yes, it's good. very similar to the violin part.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:57 am

First violin? Nice!

Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:57 am

yeaaaaah Very Happy
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:31 pm

(it's in norwayan but whatevz, you other peepz)
http://radio.nrk.no/serie/den-norske-sangboka/DNPR62001514/21-06-2014
there's a little snippet about when they (as one of the first) cooperated with KORK (state-channels orchestra, i think BBC has one too.. it's like the cooles orchestra Very Happy ) and made a piece for the opening of the third NRK radio channel P3, it's a great piece of music, but i can't find it on youtube Sad
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:48 pm

i want kids and a husband like this like omg they're covering Depeche Mode in the best, most awesome and cutes way!!! i love depeche mode, but i think perhaps i'm loving these guys more Very Happy
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed Jun 25, 2014 6:56 pm

Mrs Figg wrote:scarily talented Fyordlandian 8 year old girl  Shocked wowzer!

That's outright spooky!  Shocked 

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next