A Midsummer Nights Dream (in Forumshire)

+15
Tinuviel
David H
odo banks
RA
CC12 35
Wisey Banks
halfwise
Mrs Figg
Ally
Amarië
azriel
Norc
Eldorion
Orwell
Pettytyrant101
19 posters

Page 8 of 25 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 16 ... 25  Next

Go down

A Midsummer Nights Dream (in Forumshire) - Page 8 Empty Re: A Midsummer Nights Dream (in Forumshire)

Post by David H Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:42 pm

Doesn't matter their "reputations". Sex without consent is still rape.
David H
David H
Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

A Midsummer Nights Dream (in Forumshire) - Page 8 Empty Re: A Midsummer Nights Dream (in Forumshire)

Post by Orwell Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:48 pm

You are such a stickler, David...Mad  I mean - it was just goats... surely no real harm done... Rolling Eyes And if you're that upset about it, talk to Eldo and Ringo. I mean, it was their idea ( I think).

Orwell
Dark Presence with Gilt Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:54 pm

Eldorion wrote:I don't know why you insist on painting disagreements as people ganging up and trying to exclude you or make you feel bad.  You're perfectly entitled to have read Petty's story the way you did and to have been offended by it.  I wouldn't try to make you feel differently even if that was possible.  However, most of the other people who read the story came away with a very different take on it and we have tried to explain why since the story has caused tension in the forum.  But that doesn't mean anyone is trying to beat up on you, and I'm a little bit hurt that you seem to keep assuming the worst about everyone else.  You're entitled to that opinion as well, though. Wink

well up to now I have been told I am mistaken, I need to reconsider, I need to do this and I need to do that. I have been told I am wrong, I have been told its been clarified, ergo I am on my own and its cool. Its buisness as usual. if everyone else came away with a different take on it, that is pretty much spelling it out. so obviously its all in my mind, I imagined the Whole thing. its no biggie.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:54 pm

{{{Maybe if the trolls had just murdered those goats? Murder is not as bad as rape, and is definitely something you can tell Fairy Tales about. Shoulda that thought that out abit better, methinks... Anyway, I personally think those goats deliberately set themselves up for their err ... encounters, they were Freudian goats in a way... Not taht I would try to avoid the gist of Dave's hints... the arsehole... I better put a couple of extra brackets in to be safe...}}}}}

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:59 pm

Orwell wrote: I mean - it was just goats... surely no real harm done... Rolling Eyes  

Typical speciesist sexist insensitivity!  What's fair for one should be fair for the other.
I think half and hour in a pen with a randy billygoat might give you a broader perspective and a little more sympathy for the victims!Twisted Evil
David H
David H

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:05 am

Mrs Figg wrote:well up to now I have been told I am mistaken, I need to reconsider, I need to do this and I need to do that. I have been told I am wrong, I have been told its been clarified, ergo I am on my own and its cool. Its buisness as usual. if everyone else came away with a different take on it, that is pretty much spelling it out. so obviously its all in my mind, I imagined the Whole thing. its no biggie.

Your offence was no mistake. Your view of Petty's intent was a mistake, at least in my opinion. No one's taking away your right to interpretation, Mrs Figg, but we need to be fair and even handed. Petty owes no apology, but he has said he regrets writing something that you interpreted negatively. I've taken things negatively before, and I understand your feelings, and some negative feelings stay with me, whether I decide later I interpreted things wrongly or still maintain I was right, but either way I have to move on or I risk becoming bitter and twisted. No one has deserted or rejected you. Petty's hurt and annoyed with you - and I see why - but the rest of us have been pretty supportive of both of you in my opinion.

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:07 am

David H wrote:
Orwell wrote: I mean - it was just goats... surely no real harm done... Rolling Eyes  

Typical speciesist sexist insensitivity!  What's fair for one should be fair for the other.
I think half and hour in a pen with a randy billygoat might give you a broader perspective and a little more sympathy for the victims!Twisted Evil

So now I'm being painted as an insensitive misgoatynist, am I! Mad 

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:09 am

{{{{{ Glad this conversation is happening to you and not me Orwell! Nod Its long overdue Twisted Evil }}}

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:11 am

as I said, its no biggie. no biggie normally means just that, or is there another interpretation? am I missing something again? I am bored of the whole argument. as far as I am concerned its filed.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Annette O Fish Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:14 am

you don't even realize you that you could be missing something until something that you've been missing shows up
Annette O Fish
Annette O Fish
Shireling

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:25 am

I think I should go missing, and in the immortal words of Bilbo Baggins, ''this is the END. I am going. I am leaving NOW. GOOD-BYE!'' *poof*
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:26 am

Mrs Figg wrote:as I said, its no biggie. no biggie normally means just that, or is there another interpretation? am I missing something again? I am bored of the whole argument. as far as I am concerned its filed.

Excellent! Just as well, because at the moment a far more serious issue has arisen...

Now, David, I want to know -- are you calling me a misgoatynist or aren't you? Mad 

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:28 am

Pettytyrant101 wrote:{{{{{ }}}

{{{I really have no idea what you're getting at, laddie? Shrugging}}}

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:30 am

Orwell wrote: So now I'm being painted as an insensitive misgoatynist, am I! Mad 

You said it, I didn't. But if the shoe fits......Rolling Eyes 
David H
David H

Back to top Go down

Post by Annette O Fish Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:32 am

Judgement is quick,
By the second of a glance,
it's sad
baby how you saw her.
She's beautiful,
But I wont ever know now.
Annette O Fish
Annette O Fish
Shireling

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:38 am

Nice, Annette... Very Happy 

But as for you, Mister Farmer Man! Goats don't even wear shoes - ha! Keep to the point... Anyway, it wasn't - technicaly - rape... at first, maybe, but it's clear that Figgarogoat and Pettygoat liked things in the end - no pun intended! - and so any question of rape would be defensible at court (in our courts anyhow as they are), and aren't we now having one of those 'does the end justify the means' arguments now? Is that what this conversation has descended to? Typical... Rolling Eyes

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:45 am

Mrs Figg wrote:I think I should go missing, and in the immortal words of Bilbo Baggins, ''this is the END. I am going. I am leaving NOW. GOOD-BYE!'' *poof*

Missed this. Shocked If you survive the journey, could you please bring back some jools for me. Very Happy 

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:46 am

Extremely Crabbit  We'll just see how you like it in the end!Extremely Crabbit
{{{ Now where did that billygoat get to?}}}
David H
David H

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:04 am

Mrs Figg wrote:I think I should go missing, and in the immortal words of Bilbo Baggins, ''this is the END. I am going. I am leaving NOW. GOOD-BYE!'' *poof*

See you again soon I hope. Wave
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by CC12 35 Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:44 am

so Kate has gone

our last kiss was quick, like we thought we'd do it everyday for the rest of our lives

Gypsy gal, the hands of Harlem

Back to top Go down

Post by CC12 35 Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:05 am

goodbye miss kate nibbly figg

Gypsy gal, the hands of Harlem

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:29 am

So kate was Mrs Figg all along! Shocked 

I hope you arent going anywhere on my account Mrs Figg (well unless its to the off licence of course) who else will I fight with? Handbag 

Cant be Eldo, he's way to sensitive for a British style cross borders rammy (probably doesnt even know what a rammy is, or thinks it has to do with sheep Rolling Eyes ).
And it cant be Orwell-he's Australian so nothing worse can happen to him making him no fun to have a fight with. Mad 
And it cant be Cc either- as she can run intellectual circles round me and more than half what she says goes right over my head and thats no good in a fight. Evil or Very Mad 
It cant be Halfwise either as I feel bad having a fight with small furry creatures.
And it cant be Dave because I need somewhere to fall down on the way home from the pub and his fields are on route.
It cant be Lance as he is a southern jessie and drinks ribena, without putting any buckie in it first. Mad 
Nor can it be RA as I need someone with a proper name to fight with.
It cant be Chris either- as he keeps putting up nice pics and stuff that get in the way of me being properly crabbit. Mad 
It cant be Norc because she can out swear me and she is only a short distance away in a long boat and could turn up and burn my barrel down in a viking pyre (same reason why it cant be Amarie-well that and her husband sounds a bit fearsome!  pale )
And it cant be Ally because Im never sure she is sure who she is and I hate shadow boxing.
And it cant be Raddy as he is new still and might run away if an angry Scotshobbit comes at him for a fight- not realising its just how we say hello.
And to anyone Ive missed out Im sure there is reason your no good in a fight either. Nod But its two thirty in the morning here and my brains fried (in case you hadnt guessed that already)

So you see Mrs Figg, it has to be you. Twisted Evil

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by RA Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:28 am

Pettytyrant101 wrote:Nor can it be RA as I need someone with a proper name to fight with.

Now I'm offended. Mad 
Recoveryanonymous was not chosen lightly Nod 
Figgs I hope you come back sometime or we all meet up in Rivendell or at the end of the story at least.

"From him they learnt many things it were not good for any but the great Valar to know, for being half-comprehended such deep hidden things slay happiness; and besides many of the sayings of Melko were cunning lies or were but partly true, and the Noldoli ceased to sing, and their viols fell silent upon the hill of Kôr, for their hearts grew somewhat older as their lore grew deeper and their desires more swollen, and the books of their wisdom were multiplied as the leaves of the forest."

Remember Merp - July 11th, 2013
RA
RA
Defender of the faith and Dunedain of the thread

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:06 am

Ok, ok, Recoveryanonymous is a good name.
Its just it takes so long to type Ive forgotten what I was crabbit about by the time Ive got to the end. Mad 

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by RA Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:59 pm

That's part of its function. Very Happy 

"From him they learnt many things it were not good for any but the great Valar to know, for being half-comprehended such deep hidden things slay happiness; and besides many of the sayings of Melko were cunning lies or were but partly true, and the Noldoli ceased to sing, and their viols fell silent upon the hill of Kôr, for their hearts grew somewhat older as their lore grew deeper and their desires more swollen, and the books of their wisdom were multiplied as the leaves of the forest."

Remember Merp - July 11th, 2013
RA
RA
Defender of the faith and Dunedain of the thread

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 25 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 16 ... 25  Next