A Midsummer Nights Dream (in Forumshire)

+15
Tinuviel
David H
odo banks
RA
CC12 35
Wisey Banks
halfwise
Mrs Figg
Ally
Amarië
azriel
Norc
Eldorion
Orwell
Pettytyrant101
19 posters

Page 7 of 25 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 16 ... 25  Next

Go down

A Midsummer Nights Dream (in Forumshire) - Page 7 Empty Re: A Midsummer Nights Dream (in Forumshire)

Post by CC12 35 Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:16 pm

azriel wrote:Grrr, you little pussy cat CC Smile 

hey my bby gurllllllll kate says hi x
CC12 35
CC12 35
Gypsy gal, the hands of Harlem

Back to top Go down

A Midsummer Nights Dream (in Forumshire) - Page 7 Empty Re: A Midsummer Nights Dream (in Forumshire)

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:22 pm

Omg this whole discussion Mad - Norc

Ive been thinking that since it started Norc.

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by CC12 35 Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:23 pm

what i thought you liked James blunt / take that

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:33 pm

Mrs Figg wrote:Eldo mentioned earlier that some of the stories in the Corner had been verging on the cruel, I would like to know if this was directed at me? because I do try hard not to offend people. my jokes are normally about things people have mentioned such as Lance and his Ribena fixation or some such thing, I do try never to be cruel, or nasty, otherwise whats the point.

That's not what I was trying to say, but in any event, I wasn't thinking of your stories in particular. Because most of the stories here have characters that are named after and/or partially based on people from the forum, some of the events in the story could be seen as offensive if taken at face value. Orwell once wrote a story about a pair of trolls named Eldo and Ringo who kidnapped and had sex with goats named Petty and Figg. It was pretty bizarre and there was room for lots of offense to be taken if anyone had been so inclined, but I think everyone who read it recognized the story as a product of Orwell's own peculiar brand of humor and any commentary that it offered was firmly tongue-in-cheek.
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:36 pm

Norc wrote:I am bring seen as childish, sweary, rude, obnocious, impolite, pouting u name it.

What if that's what I like about you? Embarassed 

But unlike u, i don't give a flying fuck about it, because i know who i am and it is fun to see oneself in an alternative universe. Alternative. Key worf. Alternative.

This I do agree about. Very Happy I know that I'm not really a thirty-year-old detective or a ten-year-old Stalinist dictator (or am I?).
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:38 pm

I think you might  be on shaky ground with that last one Eldo! Very Happy

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:41 pm

To the gulag with you! Mad
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:43 pm

''Orwell once wrote a story about a pair of trolls named Eldo and Ringo who kidnapped and had sex with goats named Petty and Figg''.

he never did? that the funniest thing I heard all week, Laughing  where is that story its Genius. Laughing 
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:45 pm

And I mention saggy bits and Im sexist- but using peoples characters for bestiality is ok?

I give up! Mad  {{It is a funny story mind you- but thats not the point!!!! Evil or Very Mad }}}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by CC12 35 Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:45 pm

the ultimate troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:45 pm

Mrs Figg wrote:he never did? that the funniest thing I heard all week, Laughing where is that story its Genius. Laughing 

Back in one of the old Wholesome Tales threads.  He was on a role at the time that was part of what inspired me to start writing Forumshire fanfics myself, which is why I remember it. Very Happy

http://www.hobbitmovieforum.com/t119p480-wholesome-tales#20549
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by CC12 35 Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:47 pm

im still trying to finish reading it so i can read other people's work

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:48 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:And I mention saggy bits and Im sexist- but using peoples characters for bestiality is ok?

I give up! Mad  {{It is a funny story mind you- but thats not the point!!!! Evil or Very Mad }}}}

well unless you happen to be a Billy Goat with a sore arse I doubt you could be offended by it. Suspect 
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:49 pm

Im pretty sure Orwell wrote something recently that started off ok but somehow declined into a weird "Alice in Wonderland Acid Trip" ?
But thats just Orwell is it not ? & thats what you get for living in a country thats upside down, blood drains to your feet & theres a vacant property that was once a healthy mind. Very Happy 

A Midsummer Nights Dream (in Forumshire) - Page 7 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

A Midsummer Nights Dream (in Forumshire) - Page 7 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:54 pm

Mrs Figg wrote:well unless you happen to be a Billy Goat with a sore arse I doubt you could be offended by it. Suspect 

What I hope you'll remember is that your age is just as unknown to the rest of us as the question of whether or not Petty is a billy goat or a Scotshobbit (taking for granted for the moment that there's a difference between the two). I don't think anyone here expected a joke about aging to bother you, particularly since you accepted the fictional role of brothel owner in Needlehole and other stories with such grace. I can respect the fact that such jokes are a sore subject and you don't enjoy them, but I hope you know that no one here meant to imply anything about you as a person. There's a fairly sizable divide between the characters that bear our names and the real people who post here.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:16 pm

eel wrangling and brothel keeping, trolls shagging goats, they are outrageous characters not based on real life therefore totally acceptable. its inevitable while writing stories that parts of our 'real' selves no matter how seemingly small, are going to seep into the characters written about. Our avatars are us through a glass darkly, reflected and distorted, but the 'us' we wish to portray to the interweb. that paragraph crossed the line into the derogatory and no one is going to change my mind about that, no matter that it was not directed at me as me, but my character here, its a reflection of me.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinuviel Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:17 pm

Um, this may be off (on) topic, but I really enjoyed what you've written so far Petty! I wanted to comment sooner, but I see a pretty in depth discussion has occured since then, one which I will stand back and watch without interference!

A Midsummer Nights Dream (in Forumshire) - Page 7 Tumblr_ndsrspapRL1qlqsnio3_500
Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:19 pm

Thanks Tin- strangely enough enjoyment was what I was aiming for!

"no matter that it was not directed at me as me, but my character here, its a reflection of me."- Mrs Figg

Only in your head mrs Figg, I doubt anyone here sees anything written about anyone in a story as a reflection on the real them.I certainly didnt when writing it.

Last edited by Pettytyrant101 on Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:20 pm

the irony is I was enjoying the story too.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:28 pm

Mrs Figg wrote: eel wrangling and brothel keeping, trolls shagging goats, they are outrageous characters not based on real life therefore totally acceptable. its inevitable while writing stories that parts of our 'real' selves no matter how seemingly small, are going to seep into the characters written about. Our avatars are us through a glass darkly, reflected and distorted, but the 'us' we wish to portray to the interweb. that paragraph crossed the line into the derogatory and no one is going to change my mind about that, no matter that it was not directed at me as me, but my character here, its a reflection of me.

There are two assumptions implicit in this post (and many of your others) that I hope you will reconsider, Mrs Figg, because I don't think they are accurate.

First, that Petty (or anyone else here) considers your avatar to be a close reflection of who you really are. Some of the people here have shared a lot of information about ourselves, but unless I've missed a lot, you've kept a lot of the details of your personal life private. That's totally cool, of course (sometimes I wonder if I share too much), but it means that all we have to go in terms of inspiration from you is the jokes you make, your interactions with other people here, and what mannerisms we pick up on. Also, you yourself are only one inspiration out of many for the character, however, especially in this case since the story is based on a pre-existing play.

Second, I get the sense that you feel the comment about sagging breasts was intended as a judgement of the character based on you. However, Petty has clarified a couple different times now that it was intended to be a negative attitude held by the character that, in the course of the story, she was supposed to outgrow having. More to the point, we've all written stories where the characters and even the narrator (especially in the Wholesome Tales, but not only in them) say outrageous things that do not at all reflect the beliefs of the author. I appreciate that men making jokes about women can be a sensitive subject but I think Petty has explained his intentions quite thoroughly in this case, even if some might say he shouldn't have written the original passage at all.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:08 pm

well I think I have explained my thoughts in enough detail, and if its still not acceptable to other people and they cant accept my version then theres not much else to say. Its all a bit one sided. I am quite content to be on my own with this, its not like its the first time I have defended my corner against everyone taking a swipe at me. its no biggie.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:20 pm

I don't know why you insist on painting disagreements as people ganging up and trying to exclude you or make you feel bad. You're perfectly entitled to have read Petty's story the way you did and to have been offended by it. I wouldn't try to make you feel differently even if that was possible. However, most of the other people who read the story came away with a very different take on it and we have tried to explain why since the story has caused tension in the forum. But that doesn't mean anyone is trying to beat up on you, and I'm a little bit hurt that you seem to keep assuming the worst about everyone else. You're entitled to that opinion as well, though. Wink
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:21 pm

I guess it all boils down to people thinking you took Petty the wrong way and that you being you made it clear it upset you. Since then I feel you think we don't understand your upset, but we clearly do, we just don't think Petty is guilty of anything.

Having reread the Three Silly Goats Buff, which I'd totally forgotten (and suspect a Conspiracy cooked up by Eldo!) I realize that we must be careful about being offended here, else I'll never write anything here (nor that evil Conspirator Eldo who sometimes - apparently - has posted under my name - though it was The Archet Bugle's Anon Author, I think, wasn't it? - must go back and look. Please remember that it's likely that Anon Author is that filthy minded troublemaker, Eldo! Mad )

And as to the Alice in Wonderland Acid Trip I'm acused of, Azriel! Where can I find it? Maybe I can read that like it's something someone else wrote. Interesting experience reading something you can't remember writing - and entertaining, though I can't say I approve of these kinds of tales as that which you allude to! No way! Mad 

{{{Um.. have we got to where Petty can continue? I doubt it - but hope so... Neutral}}}

Orwell
Dark Presence with Gilt Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:29 pm

Eldorion wrote:  Orwell once wrote a story about a pair of trolls named Eldo and Ringo who kidnapped and had sex with goats named Petty and Figg.  It was pretty bizarre and there was room for lots of offense to be taken.

Indeed. The kidnap and rape of innocent farm animals is not usually something to be made light of. Evil or Very Mad
David H
David H
Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:36 pm

Everyone is soooo touchy lately...Rolling Eyes  Frankly, the goats in that tale had reputations long before the tale was told. I mean, if you read the tale closely, they must have been aware of the danger they faced, David. {{{Note to self: Dave sounds like a fookin' Animal Liberationist! - I guess those goats were quite Liberated, come to think... Very Happy }}}

Orwell
Dark Presence with Gilt Edge

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 25 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 16 ... 25  Next