David H
halfwise
Orwell
the truth
Lorient Avandi
24 posters

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

continuing proofs America is wacko [2] - Page 38 Empty Re: continuing proofs America is wacko [2]

Post by leelee Sat Nov 08, 2014 5:49 am

In our smll city , the homeless have it pretty nice. You cn get breakfast and somewhere else dinner and another place supper. You can get clothes free and shoes etc if you need them and the Salvation army has a lovely plce you can sleep over at if you are not high. The open door will pay for their schooling even if they cannot read.  But about ten years ago the street people were so agrressive and scarey and would mug you and take all you had and sometimes hurt you. Someone, I haven't decided who, got tired of them and they started showing up dead in garbage cans and the dump. They faded away. But now they are living like anyone else practically. Oh yes and there is a shop for free clothes for a first interview and you can have money for new shoes.
Guns, they are hated in Canada. We are quite happy to let the authorities use them. In Toronto it is becoming like the States, it is just over the border. A woman had all three of her children killed at different times by drive by shooters.
But generally you had better not try that. One man, totally innocent was acting restless because he had a blood sugar thing and he wanted to get home with his mother. The police started staring at him and told him to settle down  . He did not. He was tazered to death. If you get stopped for a simple seat belt check and you say ANYTHING, you can believe your folk should visit you at the hospital,,,,,or maybe the morgue.
leelee
leelee
Free-est Spirit

Back to top Go down

continuing proofs America is wacko [2] - Page 38 Empty Re: continuing proofs America is wacko [2]

Post by azriel Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:54 am

continuing proofs America is wacko [2] - Page 38 Benice_zps3530afd9

continuing proofs America is wacko [2] - Page 38 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

continuing proofs America is wacko [2] - Page 38 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sat Nov 08, 2014 2:18 pm

continuing proofs America is wacko [2] - Page 38 Homelesswraith_zps3c8d295a

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Sat Nov 08, 2014 5:24 pm

Oh wonderful Azzie,I lol-ed and felt horrible at the same time. Laughing

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sat Nov 08, 2014 6:50 pm

Your welcome

continuing proofs America is wacko [2] - Page 38 Take%20a%20bow_zpsuyrzyaqv

Very Happy

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:40 am

The real problem with Americans and their disrespect for Obama—according to a Canadian

WRITTEN BY

William Thomas
November 10, 2014
Editor’s note: This post originally appeared at Senior Living in October 2010.

There was a time not so long ago when Americans, regardless of their political stripes, rallied ’round their president. Once elected, the man who won the White House was no longer viewed as a Republican or Democrat, but the president of the United States. The oath of office was taken, the wagons were circled around the country’s borders, and it was America versus the rest of the world, with the president of all the people at the helm.
Suddenly president Barack Obama, with the potential to become an exceptional president, has become the glaring exception to that unwritten, patriotic rule.

Four days before Obama’s inauguration, before he officially took charge of the American government, Rush Limbaugh boasted publicly that he hoped the president would fail. Of course, when the president fails, the country flounders. Wishing harm upon your country in order to further your own narrow political views is selfish, sinister and a tad treasonous as well.

Subsequently, during his State of the Union address, which is pretty much a pep rally for America, an unknown congressional representative from South Carolina, later identified as Joe Wilson, stopped the show when he called the president of the United States a liar. The president showed great restraint in ignoring this unprecedented insult and carried on with his speech. Speaker Nancy Pelosi was so stunned by the slur, she forgot to jump to her feet while clapping wildly, 30 or 40 times after that.

Last spring, president Obama took his wife Michelle to see a play in New York City and Republicans attacked him over the cost of security for the excursion. The president can’t take his wife out to dinner and a show without being scrutinized by the political opposition? As history has proven, a president in a theater without adequate security is a tragically bad idea. (Remember: “Apart from that, Mrs. Lincoln, how did you enjoy the play?”)

At some point, the treatment of president Obama went from offensive to ugly, and then to downright dangerous.

The healthcare debate, which looked more like extreme fighting in a mud pit than a national dialogue, revealed a very vulgar side of America. Obama’s face appeared on protest signs, white-faced and blood-mouthed in a satanic clown image. In other tasteless portrayals, people who disagreed with his position distorted his face to look like Hitler, complete with mustache and swastika.
Odd that burning the flag makes Americans crazy, but depicting the president as a clown and a maniacal fascist is accepted as part of the new rude America.
Maligning the image of the leader of the free world is one thing; putting the president’s life in peril is quite another. More than once, men with guns were videotaped at the healthcare rallies where the president spoke. Again, history shows that letting men with guns get within range of a president has not served America well in the past.

And still the “birthers” are out there claiming Barack Obama was not born in the United States, although public documentation proves otherwise. Hawaii is definitely part of the United States, but the Panama Canal Zone where his electoral opponent Senator John McCain was born? Nobody’s sure.

Last month, a 44-year-old woman in Buffalo was quite taken by president Obama when she met him in a chicken wing restaurant called Duff’s. Did she say something about a pleasure and an honor to meet the man, or utter encouraging words for the difficult job he is doing? No. Quote: “You’re a hottie with a smokin’ little body.”

Lady, that was the president of the United States you were addressing, not one of the Jonas Brothers! He’s your president, for goodness sakes, not the guy driving the Zamboni at “Monster Trucks On Ice.” Maybe next it’ll be, “Take Your President To A Topless Bar Day.”

In president Barack Obama, Americans have a charismatic leader with a good and honest heart. Unlike his predecessor, he’s a very intelligent leader. And unlike that president’s predecessor, he’s a highly moral man.

In president Obama, Americans have the real deal, the whole package, and a leader that citizens of almost every country around the world look to with great envy. Given the opportunity, Canadians would trade our leader—hell, most of our leaders—for Obama in a heartbeat.

What America has in Obama is a head of state with vitality and insight and youth. Think about it: Barack Obama is a young Nelson Mandela. Mandela was the face of change and charity for all of Africa, but he was too old to make it happen. The great things Obama might do for America and the world could go on for decades after he’s out of office.

America, you know not what you have.

The man is being challenged unfairly, characterized with vulgarity and treated with the kind of deep disrespect to which no previous president was subjected. It’s like the day after electing the first black man to be president, thereby electrifying the world with hope and joy, Americans sobered up and decided the bad old days were better.

President Obama may fail but it will not be a Richard Nixon default, fraught with larceny and lies. President Obama, given a fair chance, will surely succeed, but his triumph will never come with a Bill Clinton caveat—“if only he’d got control of that zipper.”

Please. Give the man a fair, fighting chance. This incivility toward the leader who won over Americans and gave hope to billions of people around the world that their lives could be enhanced by his example just has to stop.

Believe me, when Americans drive by the White House and see a sign on the lawn that reads, “No shirt. No shoes. No service,” they’ll realize this new national rudeness has gone way, way too far.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue Nov 11, 2014 4:29 am

There was a time not so long ago when Americans, regardless of their political stripes, rallied ’round their president.

In president Barack Obama, Americans have a charismatic leader with a good and honest heart. Unlike his predecessor, he’s a very intelligent leader. And unlike that president’s predecessor, he’s a highly moral man.

What America has in Obama is a head of state with vitality and insight and youth. Think about it: Barack Obama is a young Nelson Mandela. Mandela was the face of change and charity for all of Africa, but he was too old to make it happen. The great things Obama might do for America and the world could go on for decades after he’s out of office.

da fuq @ all the bolded
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by leelee Tue Nov 11, 2014 4:52 am

I don't think Mr. President is of the calibre of Nelson Mandella. I have heard no brother or sister Canadian say they would trade anything for Mr.President or even that they liked him But I think it is shameful to call him names and make horrid or sexual remarks to him. He is the President of the United States of America. His office is to be respected and if American you should in my opinion do all you can to move it forward in the best possible way, not let the ememies divide and conquer by mouthing off like them.
leelee
leelee
Free-est Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:46 pm

continuing proofs America is wacko [2] - Page 38 ZSAKkbf

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:06 pm

Funny, I grew up in the least favorite state that the greatest number of people would like to see kicked out of the union, was born in and went to college in the most overrated state with the best food and craziest, hottest residents, and currently reside in the state with most arrogant, rudest residents who are both the best and worst sports fans. I do have to admit the drunkest state is my favorite place to party.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:34 pm

Sorry Halfy but if I ever make across the ocean seems I am not going to New York, I'm going south!

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:53 pm

Take a steamer to New Orleans. There's a bar wrapped around the grand piano in Lafitte's Tavern at the dark end of Bourbon street. Sit down with a tankard and listen to the ivories being tickled and old songs being sung. You can thank me later.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:05 pm

If I ever make it over you can meet me there (it'll be your round Nod ) and I can thank you in person pub

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:55 am

I am disappointed that Georgia beat us for "most nice." But when you think about it, "Minnesota nice" is just another word for "passive aggressive." Nod

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sun Nov 30, 2014 6:16 am

I hardly agree with everything that Rap News says (though I could say that about any source of news/punditry), but their "guest appearance" from Russell Brand reminded me of the discussions about the trews we've had on here recently.

TL;DR:
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:47 pm

http://www.thedailybeast.com/cheats/2014/12/17/alan-gross-released-from-cuban-prison.html

In a speech at the White House on Wednesday, President Obama announced that the United States will restore full diplomatic relations with Cuba and open an embassy in Havana for the first time in more than 50 years.

"We will end an outdated approach that for decades has failed to advance our interests," Obama said. The president pointed out that the U.S. has relations with China as well as Vietnam, "where we fought a war that claimed more Americans than any Cold War confrontation." The policy, he claimed, was "rooted in events that took place before most of us were born." He said that what had stood in the way for him doing more to change relations with Cuba was "the wrongful imprisonment" of U.S. contractor Alan Gross, who was released from jail today after five years.

The president also said his administration will look into changing the designation of Cuba as a state sponsor of terrorism, which was applied by the Reagan administration.

On Tuesday, Obama spoke to Raul Castro for 45 minutes to discuss the historic announcement. It's the first phone call between the leaders of the U.S. and Cuba in decades.

As part of the diplomatic thaw, the U.S. will ease restrictions on remittances, travel, and banking relations regarding Cuba.

"We're authorizing as much travel as we can within the constraint of the legislation," a senior administration official told reporters before Obama spoke. The embargo will still stay in place pending Congressional action. Americans will be permitted to use debit and credit cards in Cuba, and Americans will be able to bring back Cuban cigars legally for the first time in over 50 years.

In return for an American intelligence agent held for nearly 20 years, the U.S. sent back three Cuban spies held since 2001. (Cuba will also release 53 political prisoners.)

The secret U.S.-Cuba negotiations took place over a period of 18 months, hosted mostly by Canada and encouraged by Pope Francis from the outset of his papacy.

omg we're all gonna die. this decision will literally kill us all, obama is the worst president ever. communists will take over the world and we'll all have to convert to islam or get our heads cut off.

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:01 pm

bungobaggins wrote:
omg we're all gonna die. this decision will literally kill us all, obama is the worst president ever. communists will take over the world and we'll all have to convert to islam or get our heads cut off.

maybe so but at least we'll have good rum and cigars when we go :carrot:

Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:31 pm

If it jump-starts the old cuban musical traditions, I'd wrap a towel around my head for that!

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:37 pm

bungobaggins wrote:I am disappointed that Georgia beat us for "most nice." But when you think about it, "Minnesota nice" is just another word for "passive aggressive." Nod
lol!
Very Happy

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister71 Sun Dec 21, 2014 4:51 am

Pettytyrant101 wrote:Sorry Halfy but if I ever make across the ocean seems I am not going to New York, I'm going south!

If you make it over here come to South Carolina I'll have the buckie waiting and a comfy bed to sleep in for ya Petty pub

Suspect  NEVERMIND I'LL BE OVER HERE KEEPING MY MOUTH SHUT Suspect
Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:45 am

Eldorion wrote:I hardly agree with everything that Rap News says (though I could say that about any source of news/punditry), but their "guest appearance" from Russell Brand reminded me of the discussions about the trews we've had on here recently.

TL;DR:
Nifty, thanks for sharing Eldo!

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Mon Dec 29, 2014 3:51 pm

Don't worry, Jeb. The republicans will just turn a blind eye anyway. Rolling Eyes

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/jeb-bush-cuts-ties-with-company-that-benefitted-from-obamacare/

Former Florida Governor Jeb Bush is resigning from the board of Tenet Healthcare Corporation, a company that has significantly profited from the enactment of the Affordable Care Act and that has touted the economic benefits of the controversial health law.

Last month, Tenet reported that its third-quarter revenue was up $4.18 billion over the previous year, as the Washington Post notes -- and the company attributed 40 percent of those gains to Obamacare. Tenet CEO Trevor Fetter has repeatedly credited the ACA for his company's growing business. Last year, he said he expects every state to eventually embrace the expansion of Medicaid, a core component of Obamacare that only about half the states have adopted.

According to an SEC filing, "Mr. Bush is not resigning on account of any disagreement with Tenet." However, Bush -- like most Republicans -- has said he is opposed to President Obama's signature law.

"Obamacare, flawed to its core, doesn't work," Bush said in an interview with ABC in October 2013, following the botched debut of the Obamacare website, HealthCare.gov.

Earlier this month, Bush announced he would actively explore a presidential bid. Connections to a company that supports the Affordable Care Act could prove to be a liability in the Republican primaries.

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Mon Dec 29, 2014 3:59 pm

Jeb is gonna have to backtrack and flip-flop so much during the primaries if he wants to win, he's gonna make John McCain look like a model of sticking to your principals while under political pressure.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:13 pm

The repubs will get their Bush boner on and it will be all downhill from there. No

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:50 pm

Personally I can't wait for George P Bush vs Chelsea Clinton in 2036.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next