Barliman Butterbur learns a New Thing on Photoshop

+3
azriel
Pettytyrant101
Mrs Figg
7 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Barliman Butterbur learns a New Thing on Photoshop - Page 3 Empty Re: Barliman Butterbur learns a New Thing on Photoshop

Post by azriel Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:34 pm

I watched a TV prog stating Shakespeare was likely to be an Italian immigrant? & not English at all Shocked

Barliman Butterbur learns a New Thing on Photoshop - Page 3 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Barliman Butterbur learns a New Thing on Photoshop - Page 3 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Barliman Butterbur learns a New Thing on Photoshop - Page 3 Empty Re: Barliman Butterbur learns a New Thing on Photoshop

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:39 pm

Shakespeare was repoted to have spent some time in Italy- hence the plays set there.
Also London was of course the major hub for international travellers.

But even if he didnt visit Italy doesnt mean he couldnt have set stuff there anyway of course- he wrote Macbeth and never went to Glamis castle and for historical accuracy Macbeth is even worse than Braveheart.

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:41 pm

Braveheart wasn't accurate? (the kilt lifting I bet was)
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:46 pm

Ok that bit was. But you know small things- like the love interest- she was like 4 at the time in reality and he never met her.
Also this hero thing is a bit of a stretch- he was to begin with, then he was just a bit of a pain in the arse- which is why they just turned him over in the end, everyone else had sorted things out, made peace and moved on- best description I heard of Wallace was from a histroian who described him as the guy who just refuses to leave when the party is over.

Oh and he was also famously very tall, a huge man in fact- where as Gibson like 5' 0 in heels. And Wallace had a Scottish accent!

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:48 pm

haha, yeah.

5' 0 is in meters?
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:55 pm

Well, I do remember being tied up by this guy who arrived in my bedroom late one night in a Police Box! Dapper chap he was! He put a strange apparatus on my head and after that he said, "I'm popping off to meet William." I thought he was going off to have a piss actually, but I now know the truth! Shocked I was robbed! Sad

Orwell
Dark Presence with Gilt Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:58 pm

did you change the subject or are you still talking about mel gibson? (no one can norc as well as I do!)
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:58 pm

5' 0 is in meters? - Norc

Feet Norc- none of your modern fancy measuring units!! Mad

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:00 pm

:facepalm: I meant, what is that in meter, the system all sensible people use.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:00 pm

Norc wrote:did you change the subject or are you still talking about mel gibson? (no one can norc as well as I do!)

If I said people ín the know say I'm the 'modern Francis Bacon', would it become any clearer? Rolling Eyes

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:01 pm

Norc wrote: :facepalm: I meant, what is that in meter, the system all sensible people use.

'Poetic' meter? Suspect Sorry guys, I only read the posts that interest me. Embarassed

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:01 pm

OMG! i just checked, he's shorter than me!NOONE is shorter than me!
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:02 pm

methinks this threade needeth its priorities refiggered. Mad gadzooks!
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:02 pm

oh, you funny, he's 5 ft 9.5, that is 177 cm. that's not short.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:02 pm

I meant, what is that in meter, the system all sensible people use.- Norc

Mad How the hell should I know? Do I strike you as a sensible person?

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:02 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:Oh and he was also famously very tall, a huge man in fact- where as Gibson like 5' 0 in heels. And Wallace had a Scottish accent!

And he was Scottosexual as well (apparently). Nod

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:03 pm

lol. no. ofcourse not. sorry.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:03 pm

Sleep I snoreth!
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:03 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote: Mad How the hell should I know? Do I strike you as a sensible person?

Good one Centurion! Slammed her flat there! Laughing

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:04 pm

this thread was really boring until I showed up, Figgy.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:06 pm

Mrs Figg wrote: Sleep I snoreth!

That was very Bardic of you! Lady Frances Bacon is it? Suspect I heard you was actually a Lady Bard. And not many know that latest theory, 'cept you and me now, my love. Very Happy

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:06 pm

"He was a tall man with the body of a giant, cheerful in appearance with
agreeable features, broad-shouldered and big-boned, with belly in
proportion and lengthy flanks, pleasing in appearance but with a wild
look, broad in the hips, with strong arms and legs, a most spirited
fighting-man, with all his limbs very strong and firm."- description dated to the 14th century

His sword which still existsin the Wallace Museum is 5ft 4 inches long- which is a bloody big bit of metal to wave around.

He was said to be well over 2 metres tall in your fancy measurments- and back then that was really tall as people were shorter.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:07 pm

Norc wrote:this thread was really boring until I showed up, Figgy.

Yeah, I can vouch for that. It was full of useful information. Very boringly unForumshiran in my opinion.

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:08 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:"He was a tall man with the body of a giant, cheerful in appearance with
agreeable features, broad-shouldered and big-boned, with belly in
proportion and lengthy flanks, pleasing in appearance but with a wild
look, broad in the hips, with strong arms and legs, a most spirited
fighting-man, with all his limbs very strong and firm."- description dated to the 14th century

His sword which still existsin the Wallace Museum is 5ft 4 inches long- which is a bloody big bit of metal to wave around.

He was said to be well over 2 metres tall in your fancy measurments- and back then that was really tall as people were shorter.

I heard he was a big Scottish prick...

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:08 pm

Norc wrote:haha, yeah.

5' 0 is in meters?

1.5 meters.

As long as you're reading wild ass fiction about Shakespeare, Norc, look up this story by Isaac Asimov...damn can't come up with the name. but anyway, at a cocktail party an English professor was talking to a physics professor who claimed to have made a time machine. Of course he tried first to bring back famous scientists, but they just couldn't cope with modern times, so he decided to bring back someone with a full understanding of human nature: Mr W.S.

Ole Bill was doing okay for a while until he enrolled in our English professor's Shakespeare class - not informing the professor of course. The english professor did remember an older man with a rather raggedy mustache who seemed awfully intent. Naturally now that he knew who he was the professor wanted to speak to him.

Physics Professor: "Speak to him?! Impossible!"
English Professor: "Why impossible?"
Physics Professor: "I had to send him back of course!"
English Professor: "But why so soon? The class just ended!"
Physics Professor: "Because he was a nervous wreck. Whole personality fractured. You FAILED HIM you idiot!"

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next