bungobaggins
azriel
Forest Shepherd
Pettytyrant101
parzival
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Knowing Jackson, what's the most stupid thing that is realistically possible Empty Knowing Jackson, what's the most stupid thing that is realistically possible

Post by parzival Sun Sep 14, 2014 2:03 am

We all know Jackson, and we know what he's capable of.  I would love to hear ideas on stupid scenarios we might see in BOTFA that fall strictly within the realm of possibility.  It's tricky, because for every unreasonable suggestion there's the memory of a giant golden statue that no one expected.  A giant gold statue that exploded in Smaug's face.  

So have at it.  

To start, I will theorize that the giant statue of the master in Lake-town is going to go airborn, somehow attached to Smaug, or simply picked up by him.  I think the statue will be dropped from a great height, plunging a huge part of Laketown into the water and creating a wave, which Legolas may or may not ride while shooting arrows at Smaug.  

I also think it's very possible the Dwarves will use explosives or machinery to collapse a part of the mountain so large, it kills tens of thousands of enemies in one shot.
parzival
parzival
Burglar

Back to top Go down

Knowing Jackson, what's the most stupid thing that is realistically possible Empty Re: Knowing Jackson, what's the most stupid thing that is realistically possible

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Sep 14, 2014 2:20 am

Legolas rushing to the rescue, firing arrows at a rate of knots whilst hopping effortless through the air from the back of one flying eagle to the next.

Zombe Smaug/Sauron rising from the Lake to take part in the battle is still got to be a possibility too.

And at Dolg Guldur, not to be outdone by Legolas, Galadriel will escape down a hill surfing on Gandalfs prone unconscious body. Yet somehow she will still contrive to look and sound like she is moving in slow motion.

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Knowing Jackson, what's the most stupid thing that is realistically possible Empty Re: Knowing Jackson, what's the most stupid thing that is realistically possible

Post by parzival Sun Sep 14, 2014 5:42 am

Pettytyrant101 wrote:Legolas rushing to the rescue, firing arrows at a rate of knots whilst hopping effortless through the air from the back of one flying eagle to the next.

Well, we know Legolas will let loose about 400 arrows under ridiculous circumstances.   Though I wouldn't bet he'd do it on the backs of Eagles.  Actually, it would be hilarious if he slid down a hill on Azog, which I can almost imagine.  Though Jackson would never ever steal Thorin's thunder like that.  When Azog goes, I'd wager it's because Thorin impales him on some wooden thing (get it, OAKENSHIELD).  Jackson will not, under any circumstances, be able to resist this obvious suck-tie.   Azog is dying on a wooden stump.  

Pettytyrant101 wrote:Zombe Smaug/Sauron rising from the Lake to take part in the battle is still got to be a possibility too.
I actually may not agree.  Though, giant gold Dwarf statue.   See?  It's hard to figure it out!!!  In all honestly, it seems like a stretch that Jackson would resurrect Smaug, but I would definitely love your opinion on the shennanginst Smaug might wreak before his time is done.  

Pettytyrant101 wrote:And at Dolg Guldur, not to be outdone by Legolas, Galadriel will escape down a hill surfing on Gandalfs prone unconscious body. Yet somehow she will still contrive to look and sound like she is moving in slow motion.

Straight up nuclear.  Smile
parzival
parzival
Burglar

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:19 am

Knowing Jackson, what's the most stupid thing that is realistically possible Cybermen___delete___campaign_by_degaspiv-d33hjoa

<deleted>

Last edited by Forest Shepherd on Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:18 am

The Ents will appear & allow themselves to used as battering rams held aloft by Beorns family of shape-shifting bears, him being the biggest, loudest bear there ( that rhymed poorly ) Thrandy will line up his Moose brigade & come thundering,roaring down an stupidly steep hill with a gradient of 1 in 3 to a clash of spears & not one Elf hurt. Gandalf will fly in on an eagle, Raddy will lead with an army of armoured Rabbits, & somewhere its obligatory that Legolas will surf on something or someone whilst firing 10,000 arrows, oh & somehow he is temporarilly blinded,yet can still fight & tauriel heals him slap bang right in the middle of battle (slow-mo style) BUT she is impaled dramatically by a huge orc. Im lost for ideas for Galadriel, all I can think of when I do think of her is, sickly smiles & slow-mo

Knowing Jackson, what's the most stupid thing that is realistically possible Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Knowing Jackson, what's the most stupid thing that is realistically possible Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Sun Sep 14, 2014 2:39 pm

In a million years I never would have guessed about the golden statue. It's hard to even begin to guess what dumb shit we'll see in the next movie.

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Sun Sep 14, 2014 3:52 pm

The thing is, there's really no way to guess because it's all so random. It's like there was a drunken bet which involved random words being pulled out of a hat and PJ using them in a movie.

Irish, Elk, Bunny, Sled, Gold, Statue.

Based on that theory, I have just opened an old magizine and chosen at random an adjective and a noun.
I now hereby predict that BO5A will include an Unfair Spaceflight.
 You heard it here first! Nod

Knowing Jackson, what's the most stupid thing that is realistically possible 1280px-Male_kodiak_bear_face  Knowing Jackson, what's the most stupid thing that is realistically possible UJpDi Knowing Jackson, what's the most stupid thing that is realistically possible Mumbea10
David H
David H
Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:34 pm

Well, we have quite a bit to go on already. There will be boar riding dwarves, goat driven sleds, large air battles betwen eagles and giant bats. Galadriel putting Sauron in his place with feminine energy, Galadriel saving Gandalf.

And then I'm probably still leaving stuff out. Razz

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by parzival Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:44 am

David H wrote:Unfair Spaceflight.

That phrase is made of magic.
parzival
parzival
Burglar

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:22 pm

I reckon Sauron flies off on the back of Smaug, lands on the top of Dol googleydoor, gets off, bitch slaps Galadriel and Gandalf to the floor, giggles, then sails off to Laketown where Legolas is waiting with a harpoon. Legolas kills Smaug, Bard bitch slaps Legolas and pulls his hair, Tauriel pulls Bards hair, Bard shoots an Arrow at Legolas but misses and hits Kili, Kili shoots an Arrow and kills Tauriel. The End.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:40 pm

Yay ! that sounds good !

Knowing Jackson, what's the most stupid thing that is realistically possible Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Knowing Jackson, what's the most stupid thing that is realistically possible Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:46 pm

<deleted>

Last edited by Forest Shepherd on Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:45 am

Maybe they'll do like the Gondorians in ROTK and stash their civilians right on the front lines in buildings that appear to be made of sugar cubes. Razz
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:59 am

They might move the civilians to the inside of Erebor, à la the caves behind Helm's Deep in TTT. Either way, the civilians will probably conveniently disappear during the final battle.

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:12 am

I was really just being snarky about that. This is one point where I really don't expect them to change the situation from the book, where the civilians were back near the ruins of Lake-town and the battle was up at the base of the Mountain. But PJ went out of his way to add civilian refugees to both Helm's Deep and Minas Tirith for the sake of teh dramas, so part of me wouldn't be all that surprised if he somehow worked that angle in here too.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:22 am

Well, we know from the trailer that the civilians will leave the ruined Lake-town. It seems like they'll leave using the bridge, which means they could be headed away from the mountain? I'm not sure in what direction they're headed in the trailer. But they could just go around the lake? Bard's kids end up in Dale in the trailer where they watch Bard do his little wagon stunt. So who knows.

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:38 am

Really? I totally missed anything about Bard's kids in the trailer.

Edit: Just rewatched it and yeah, I see them now.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:43 am

Giant image:

They're definitely going towards the mountain in this shot. Lake-town is on the western edge of the Long Lake, and since it's on the left side of this image, the camera must be pointing south. The refugees are moving towards the camera, so they're going north, towards the Erebor. Whether or not they make it the whole way there is anyone's guess.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister71 Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:12 pm

Come on .... we all know Gollum is gonna show up and knock Bilbo out for the BO5A but gets interrupted by one of the dwarves while searching Bilbo's unconscious body for the ring, which we'll get lots of close ups and slow motion panning of. Then Legolas will kill Bolg for giving him a bloody nose in DOS. Kili and Tauriel will die holding each other proclaiming their love for one another. After Killi abandons Thorin to save the elf. Fili will die protecting them instead of Thorin. All the other dwarfs will come out without a scratch because nothing has seemed to hurt them this far.

Suspect  NEVERMIND I'LL BE OVER HERE KEEPING MY MOUTH SHUT Suspect
Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:35 pm

That all sounds horribly plausible given whats happened already. Mad

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Radaghast Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:22 pm

I'm seeing the first nine posts of this thread as blank Question

http://helob.deviantart.com/gallery/
https://stopthesecrecy.net/

Knowing Jackson, what's the most stupid thing that is realistically possible WiuVcmi
Radaghast
Radaghast
Barrel-rider

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:31 pm

My guess is Peter Jackson. Nod

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister71 Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:33 pm

I don't want to get too close to what Jackson puts on screen WB might sue me saying that I had top secret information before the films release Suspect

Suspect  NEVERMIND I'LL BE OVER HERE KEEPING MY MOUTH SHUT Suspect
Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Post by Radaghast Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:42 pm

bungobaggins wrote:My guess is Peter Jackson. Nod
Sounds plausible.

http://helob.deviantart.com/gallery/
https://stopthesecrecy.net/

Knowing Jackson, what's the most stupid thing that is realistically possible WiuVcmi
Radaghast
Radaghast
Barrel-rider

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:44 pm

bungobaggins wrote:My guess is Peter Jackson. Nod

How often have I said to you that when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth?

Shocked

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next