Ringdrotten
Kafria
Pettytyrant101
29 posters

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

Petty's Purist LotR Edits - Page 30 Empty Re: Petty's Purist LotR Edits

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:16 pm

Actually there is a reason I am keen on folk to get round to watching as soon as possible beyond personal satisfaction and ego (hard to belive I know)- currently nearly half a terabyte of my HD is taken up with the various bits of footage that make up the edits and I could do with the space- but if I delete it all then any tweaks I make based on suggestions would involve having to start from scratch again. I need to keep all the files until I am sure I have a finished product and I can't be sure of that until I have as much feedback from as many people as possible.

(And just to add an extra element of urgency for you Orwell if I dont free up the space I wont be able to edit all the footage for your video even once I have it all ready to go because I simply dont have the room)

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:39 pm

Can I haz linkz? Gotta get that man of mine to see LOTR the way it should be.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:40 pm

Just pm me your email Amarie and I will hook you up with my skydrive so you can download it.

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:16 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:Actually there is a reason I am keen on folk to get round to watching as soon as possible beyond personal satisfaction and ego (hard to belive I know)- currently nearly half a terabyte of my HD is taken up with the various bits of footage that make up the edits and I could do with the space- but if I delete it all then any tweaks I make based on suggestions would involve having to start from scratch again. I need to keep all the files until I am sure I have a finished product and I can't be sure of that until I have as much feedback from as many people as possible.

(And just to add an extra element of urgency for you Orwell if I dont free up the space I wont be able to edit all the footage for your video even once I have it all ready to go because I simply dont have the room)

get a new hardriver or something. u know a spare one u can plug and unplug Smile problem solved Wink
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:37 am

After taking a break from it for a few days its back to uploading fun. Mad
Book 4 is in progress- if anyone is paying any attention! Evil or Very Mad Mad {{{You get exempted from that unhappiness Kafria for being a diligent viewer. Nod cheers }}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:17 am

Pettytyrant101 wrote:(And just to add an extra element of urgency for you Orwell if I dont free up the space I wont be able to edit all the footage for your video even once I have it all ready to go because I simply dont have the room)

Oh Sweet Illvataran battle-pumpkins... I better get right onto things! Shocked

Orwell
Dark Presence with Gilt Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:19 am

Amarië wrote:Can I haz linkz? Gotta get that man of mine to see LOTR the way it should be.

Oh Amarie - surely you don't think of me that way already? Shocked This Most Popular Male bizzo is becoming a (very pleasant) curse! Rolling Eyes

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:20 am

Norc wrote:Get a new hardriver or something. u know a spare one u can plug and unplug Smile problem solved Wink

What a fantastic idea, Petty Very Happy (and a potentially great relief! Shocked )

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:58 am

I would you know but I seem to have misplaced the keys to my sporran somewhere dont ya know...............

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Kafria Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:02 pm

Book2 now watched! cheers I love you cheers

Just have to start the mammoth task of downloading 3 and 4 now Evil or Very Mad

So, thoughts......... (decided I better start using spoiler tags as some are still to watch and I don't want to influence them)

Spoiler:

So has anyone else watched anymore? I'm curious about others thoughts too! Very Happy

'A novel is a long piece of prose with ,in the eyes of the author at least, something wrong with it - Neil Gaiman, intro to American gods
Kafria
Kafria
Lady of Dale

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:15 pm

I have to apologise, Petty. I still haven't down loaded. It's not anything to do with my resistance I have to seeing what you've done, because I have no doubt your work will have been of high quality and discernment. I just can't face the movies at this moment in time. I've got such a set against them, that I grind my teeth every time I even think of them. Down the track I'll tackle them again (but your edits, never ther PJ's cuts again), as you know I really liked what you did last time and I'm sure this tme it'lll be even better.

Kafria, I admire your attention to detail, and even more your persistence in ploughing through the movies yet again, and it does appear Petty has (overall, if not in every detail in your opinion) improved them markedly yet again.

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:39 pm

No problem Orwell- better you watch it when your in the mood to than purely out of a sense of obligation.

Kafria- thankyou again for taking the time and effort to share your thoughts. Everythingis still in the editor so adjustments can still be made- I am going to try out your Rivendell cut and see it how it plays- when doing this edit I had thought myself of the value of keeping the scene you mention but didn't take the thought any further (out of laziness in truth as it was quicker and easier to follow the previous edits structure).
But heres a fuller response to your points also in spoilers-

Spoiler:

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:03 am

Kafria I could kiss you! So I will! Kissing (If you feel slightly woozy, start seeing double or pachyderms of a pink nature its just the buckie content of my body fluids- which makes me popular at parties!)
Just put together the Rivendell edit as you suggested and its a winner- you were quite right, pacing is much better- had a few problems getting from the very loud swelling music at the end of the forging scene into almost complete silence of the second half of the graveside conversation but think Ive got it sussed. Going to upload it to dailymotion and will post it here for your consideration and hopeful approval. (Although that will probably take hours! Banghead )

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:28 pm

Here we go- dont know how long it'll last before getting pulled.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:28 pm

Well that didn't take long to get pulled!! Evil or Very Mad

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Kafria Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:30 pm

Not long at all it seems Crying or Very sad

Oh well, glad to have helped a bit

Spoiler:

'A novel is a long piece of prose with ,in the eyes of the author at least, something wrong with it - Neil Gaiman, intro to American gods
Kafria
Kafria
Lady of Dale

Back to top Go down

Post by Kafria Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:01 pm

BTW, I am struggling to download book3, managing with book4, but only when I selected the whole folder, not when I tried to do piece by piece, which works better normally

Kafria
Kafria
Lady of Dale

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:09 pm

Mmm not sure why you'd be having problems with book 3 should be just the same. scratch Book Four is still an upload in progress- will have more of it up overnight tonight.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Kafria Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:09 pm

OH MY!

Just watched book3 (download problems seem to be at my end, if the connection is too slow at the time it just doesn't start to download, unless I click on several as a zip download.)

so.. here goes

Spoiler:

To anyone who is still faffing about all I can say is WATCH THESE! It is amazing how different the same footage can feel, what becomes the focus, just from the way it is put together. If nothing else I have found it a wonderful journey into understanding how I see this tale and these characters.

I know I've said it before, but it bears repeating - thankyou so much for sharing these Petty - They truly do bring great pleasure I love you

Kafria
Kafria
Lady of Dale

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:37 pm

So glad you like this cut Kafria. Its great to have these films so I can watch them without feeling crabbit all the time, its even better to share them with others who then enjoy them, and any words of praise are a sweet icing on the cake. So thankyou again Kafria for watching, contributing and providing a little icing! Kissing

Of your minor points-

1. It is as a means to partially hide the sound transition from relative quiet as Gandalf speaks to the Balrog fall roaring and fiery stuff. I originally had all of Gandalfs dialogue over the Balrog footage- I may try that again and see if its better but I dont think I can get all the dialogue before the cut because of the aforesaid sound problem.

2. I shall have a look at that, that was an awkward cut to get so that may well work better.

3. I'm not sure there is a way round this without losing the entire sequence where Gandlaf says it and the coresponding Aragorn bit on the day. Its really picking between two evils, I could leave it out but PJ structures the drama around it making it tricky to do so without losing something cinematicly. However as you point out there are only 2 days in this cut, I choose what seemed the slightly lesser evil to leave it in and hope the viewer just assumes the journey takes 4 days but only 2 nights of that are shown- not ideal though.

On the Eowyn story I tried to preserve as much of the tradegy of it from the book- I have a dream that the Aragorn/warg scene was a late addition shoe horned in and therefore so too was the "They go with thee because they love thee. Because they would not be parted from thee' bit. And that it was originally shot for the departure at the Paths of the Dead and is stored away somewhere waiting on an anniversary edition super release- being able to restore that moment would cap the Eowyn story beautifully in this cut, as it does in the book.

I think I will leave the subtitles in Book 1- if I just put up a 'speaks elvish' sign it will have to remain the entire length of the elvish speaking bit to cover up the hardcoded subtitles.
And at the Aragorn/Arwen meeting the new subtitles there I hope offer some explanation for what happens at the river as I have Arwen saying "If I can reach the Ford the river will obey my fathers command." I always hated that PJ offers no explanation for what happens there beyond some asumption Arwens elvish words had something to do with it.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:16 am

Banghead Should have finished uploading book 4 last night but the damn thing signed me out at some point after I'd gone away and I came back to find it had cancelled the whole thing and not uploaded a single sodding bit!!! Extremely Crabbit

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:40 pm

I've ran into a bit of a problem- the Skydrive isnt big enough- got about 4 parts of book 4 left over and still got the last two books to go up and not got the space- wonder if I can have two skydrives under different names but on the same ip address? Guess I will find out!

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:43 pm

So I haven't time to watch the edits, which means of course that's exactly what I'm doing. Just started, thought I'd put in a few notes and edit as I go along. Not sure how important the spoiler tags are, let's give it a try.

Spoiler:
halfwise
halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:13 pm

Glad you're watching Halfwise.

Spoiler:

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:13 am

Spoiler:

Orwell