Mrs Figg
Pettytyrant101
Norc
15 posters

Page 29 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next

Go down

Doctor Who [3] - Page 29 Empty Re: Doctor Who [3]

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:49 pm

Glad we sorted that, between your response and Mrs Figg on Bree I was becoming paranoid everything I was saying was being taken as a personal insult. Shocked

I'm glad we don't have to go through that again.- Amarie

Me too, I'm not crazy you know.
Besides didnt we all agree women are inherently jealous and envious of attractive successful women who get a job in Doctor Who? At least thats how I remember the debate going.

{{{{I think my sense of humour is trying to get me killed!}}}

I suddenly started to wonder how Amy would appear like if she was with the previous doctors. -Amarie

Thats hard to envision. It was being introduced to her so soon after his regen- when Eccy regened his companion was the same person- in Who history thats usually what happens or it happens like Tennant when there is no companion present or immediately imminent.
11 was still in the middle of the process when he met Amy and his meeting her completely screwed her life in a huge time/space crisis sort of way making him feel responsible and guilty for her- so its really hard to see her releationship with the Doctor outwith those criteria. She is in that sense a special case and unique for a companion-she is not someone he just picked up, in some ways she is someone he made.

It has to be born in mind the Doctor is regenerating during his initial meeting, as the process, especially for the Doctor often doesnt work out well, as Peri the companion of the 5th Doctor found out when he regenerated into the 6th Doctor, the imprint Amy makes on him is profound ("You were the first face this face saw, and you are seared onto my hearts")

And the 4th to 5th Doctor had a regeneration crisis in which old personalities kept surfacing and he had to go to a special room in the Tardis- the Zero Room to help the process.

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:43 pm

Ive put this up before but in case anyone missed it- David Tennant, Catherine Tate and John Barrowman sing a thankyou note to Russel T Davies and Julie Gardner for bringing back Who- whatever I might think of the Davies era evn crabbit ole Whovians have to be hugely grateful to him for being the right man at the right time.

And in a similar vein (this stuff was all shot for the wrap party at end of Tennant/Davies/Gardner's run).

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinuviel Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:39 pm

Norc wrote:I JUST REALIZED THE DOCTOR DIDN’T BREAK RIVER’S WRIST THE THING HE BROKE WAS HIS PROMISE TO BRIAN

Thanks to you Norc, so did I!!!!!!!! Shocked

Doctor Who [3] - Page 29 Tumblr_ndsrspapRL1qlqsnio3_500
Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:22 am

The figures are in for Angels take Manhattan, including i-player and those watched on repeat - the consolidated figure is....9 million!!! cheers Doctor Who [3] - Page 29 2217289918

That means the series average so far (excluding i-player) is...7.96 million and 9 million including i-player.
Which is up a nice bit on previous years overall.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:59 pm

''the voices of your opinion of her and Mrs Figgs were loud, clear and strident.''

still havent heard an apology for that one.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:11 pm

And you will get none beyond that offered to and accepted by Amarie if she had misunderstood my meaning- as you seem to have also.
The entire quote is;

I've noticed an interesting trend regarding Amy/Karen on the Who forums.
Her debut season, 5, the voices of your opinion of her and Mrs Figgs were loud, clear and strident.
By series 6 this had lessened, but only a bit- she was a very devisive character/performer- but by series 7 almost nothing.
A classic example I think of winning people over.

I was describing the state of affairs and the voices of those on other forums dedicated to Who, in particular I was thinking of gallifrey base. My reference to you and to Amarie was merely to say that those voices were making similar arguments to you, but louder and more stirdently- not that you were doing so.
I then go on to describe the state of play on the other forunms regards attiitudes to Amy over her time on the show.

I hope that is clear enough now.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:58 pm

the voices of your opinion of her and Mrs Figgs were loud, clear and strident.

Its quite obvious what you said, its in black and white, theres no flim flamming that will change it.

really, if you want to run this place like its your personal fiefdom and what ever you say cant be questioned, so be it, I will no longer be a party to it. If you wish to apologize for your crass comments to me and Amarie, then I will continue to contribute here. Its no biggy either way, as I was getting seriously pissed off anyway. I dont really appreciate when I can or cannot post a picture that I only put on the forum to share with other people. I dont appreciate the idea that my photo was somehow 'messing up' your thread, anyway I have said my bit, end of boring whinge. ciao.

Last edited by Mrs Figg on Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:04 pm

Yes it is obvious - the voices (on the who forums I am clearly referring to) of your opinion (the voices have the same opinion as you) were loud clear and strident (still referring to the voices on the Who fourms who are loud and strident- and quite clearly too)
This is starting to look like sheer bloddy mindedness on your part to me Mrs Figg.
I have now explained my meaning three times and I have no intention of doing so again- if you wish to take an offense where none was ever given, and where an apology has already been given if there was a misunderstanding then feel free to. Doctor Who [3] - Page 29 3392635135

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:27 pm

I noted you edited your last post to include this rather than respond to mine:

'really, if you want to run this place like its your personal fiefdom and what ever you say cant be questioned, so be it, I will no longer be a party to it. If you wish to apologize for your crass comments to me and Amarie, then I will continue to contribute here. Its no biggy either way, as I was getting seriously pissed off anyway. I dont really appreciate when I can or cannot post a picture that I only put on the forum to share with other people. I dont appreciate the idea that my photo was somehow 'messing up' your thread, anyway I have said my bit, end of boring whinge. ciao.'

Firstly I offered an apology to Amarie for any misunderstanding as she accepted it with good grace,
I have no idea to what picture you are referring. When did i tell you your photo was 'messing up' my thread? I dont have a thread and I have no idea what photo you are referring to. I have never told anyone what they can or cannot post on the forum.
I have no response to your accusation to my fiefdom, it is to ridiculous.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:28 pm

I'm sensing a thrilling argumet comming...
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:46 am

Seems like the tail end of it -- thank goodness. pale

Orwell
Dark Presence with Gilt Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:19 am

Doctor Who [3] - Page 29 1067764964

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:50 pm

Another lovely tribute vid- this on set to ole blue eyes himself (good choice for the Doctor given they hung out together and sang together the night the Doctor accidently married marilyn Monroe!- and they hung together at Father Christmas hunting lodge!)

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:39 am

Orwell wrote:Seems like the tail end of it -- thank goodness. pale

lol, maybe I blew out the fire Very Happy
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:58 pm

Now I'm curious. Smile

Doctor Who [3] - Page 29 Bjkbm
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:11 pm

You f*cking run (backwards to keep an eye on the angel)- cause if the weeping angel doesnt get you the Vashda Nerada in that second shadow will! pale

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:49 pm

Ever wonder about poor Brian, Rory's Dad?
Well a scene was written but never shot dealing with that and now the BBC have released the scene read by Arthur Darvill and with the story boards for it.

I really wish they had managed to shoot this and get it in the episode somewhere- although admittedly its hard to see where it would go in the episode.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:22 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:You f*cking run (backwards to keep an eye on the angel)- cause if the weeping angel doesnt get you the Vashda Nerada in that second shadow will! pale

D: !
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:30 am

fun fact. Rory lived to see the second world war three times.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:42 am

3 times?

I can only only think of how twice-

1. In an alternative universe where he guarded the Pandorica and rescued it during the Blitz. So that didnt happen, sort of, though he can remember it if he tries to.
2. And the Angel sends him back to 50 years before he was born, so late 1930's probably- but he was in America so lets face it even if he somehow got drafted up for it they only bothered turning up for the ending. Wink
When was the third time?

Fun Fact that just occured to me though- when Amy went with the Doctor to Hitlers bunker in series 5 future Amy and Rory were living out their lives together in New York.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:43 am

I think this is probably my fav Amy/Rory tribute vid so far

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:34 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:3 times?

I can only only think of how twice-

1. In an alternative universe where he guarded the Pandorica and rescued it during the Blitz. So that didnt happen, sort of, though he can remember it if he tries to.
2. And the Angel sends him back to 50 years before he was born, so late 1930's probably- but he was in America so lets face it even if he somehow got drafted up for it they only bothered turning up for the ending. Wink
When was the third time?

Fun Fact that just occured to me though- when Amy went with the Doctor to Hitlers bunker in series 5 future Amy and Rory were living out their lives together in New York.

when rory punched hitler Wink and yeah, the pandorica doesn't really count, but three times.

I can't place the fun fact, which ep?
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:37 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:I think this is probably my fav Amy/Rory tribute vid so far

omg. loved the vid. so well made Sad
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:39 pm

doctor who was real:
Doctor Who [3] - Page 29 Tumblr_mbrc8mn1Vq1rrdtjso1_250Doctor Who [3] - Page 29 Tumblr_mbrc8mn1Vq1rrdtjso2_400Doctor Who [3] - Page 29 Tumblr_mbrc8mn1Vq1rrdtjso3_500Doctor Who [3] - Page 29 Tumblr_mbrc8mn1Vq1rrdtjso4_250Doctor Who [3] - Page 29 Tumblr_mbrc8mn1Vq1rrdtjso5_500Doctor Who [3] - Page 29 Tumblr_mbrc8mn1Vq1rrdtjso6_400Doctor Who [3] - Page 29 Tumblr_mbrc8mn1Vq1rrdtjso7_500Doctor Who [3] - Page 29 6FDD40578AC659378EE1CC0B4344B_h231_w308_m4_ciKUjLnit
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:23 pm

I knew it! cheers

I can't place the fun fact, which ep?- Norc

Series 5 episode 3- Victory of the Daleks

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next