halfwise
Lancebloke
Mrs Figg
Pettytyrant101
Norc
12 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

the mysterious death of Frodo's parents - Page 3 Empty Re: the mysterious death of Frodo's parents

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:20 pm

I agree Halfwise, well said. Very Happy she was just a poor single mum making her first stab at books, she didnt know it would become part of our collective psyche a global phenomena of epic proportions.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

the mysterious death of Frodo's parents - Page 3 Empty Re: the mysterious death of Frodo's parents

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:23 pm

Well I read HP to my little brother and he was as bored as I was- but he loved having TH read to him. So there! Moon

That a mismatch of cobbled together bits from other peoples stuff was a huge hit doesn't really (sadly) suprise me - thats most of what we serve up to kids these days it seems. Mad (Thank the TimeLords for Who! cheers )

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:25 pm

Sleep

oh and Moon to you too!
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:27 pm

I am sorry peple not agreeing with you sends you to sleep Mrs Figg- its a rather ignorant counter-argument however!

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:28 pm

now whos getting huffy? Twisted Evil
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:29 pm

Merely crabbit- of course.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:31 pm

Rolling Eyes you wouldnt be you without crabbit.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:44 pm

I dont know how the rest of you can be at all without crabbit! Mad Makes no kind of sense at all. scratch

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:47 pm

being like this all day Mad must be exhausting?
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:51 pm

No its my basic default state- takes no effort at all- I wake up that way- now trying to be Very Happy all day- thats exhausting! (And sick! Mad )

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:53 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:I am sorry peple not agreeing with you sends you to sleep Mrs Figg- its a rather ignorant counter-argument however!

While we're on the subject of ignorant counter-arguments, you could try responding to the point that HP is good despite not being the most original children's book out there instead of just re-stating how unoriginal it was and saying you found it boring. Very Happy

{{{ Meant in good fun ... but you do sometimes sound like a broken record when you talk about HP. Razz }}}
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:58 pm

As do those who sing its praises. I have never denied its popular so is Pj's LotR's and I rank them similarly. I am not going to change my mind about that just because people dont like it- and I only the made the second post on the subject because I was directly asked (it was in response to Halfwise in fact)- I find to be asked about something then to have my reply and it to be thrown back in such a fashion is ignorant. What did people except me to say? Something the opposite of my known position?

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:55 pm

Geez, you're in a fine mood. Rolling Eyes

the mysterious death of Frodo's parents - Page 3 Hatersgonnahate

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:20 pm

oh jeez.. three pages in one evening! I can't even be bothered to catch up xD what the hell happened?
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:21 pm

Petty declared his utter lack of respect for Harry Potter. Fur went flying. Nothing settled, carry on.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:23 pm

halfwise wrote:Petty declared his utter lack of respect for Harry Potter. Fur went flying. Nothing settled, carry on.

this was about Frodo's parents! how did this happen?
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:40 pm

Well my dear Norc, since your esteemed time is so valued, I had my man Ferguson dig around and find what started it all. He came up with this:

Mrs Figg wrote: Basketball ha ha you tell him Ringo! Theres nothing that can compare to my crabbits about Yates and his excremental Harry Potter films and Columbo, that detective dung beetle.

If my memory serves I believe you still were attentive during the Columbo discussion, correct? However I refuse to bestir myself to trace back how we got on the Columbo discussion. That way lies madness.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:33 am

Crabbit madness at that Halfwise! But it is true my crabbitmeter has not only peaked today but its then blown to smithereens and sprayed me head to foot with sharp bits of shrapnel. Mad
A bear with a sore head is just a slightly moody animal compared to me right now! Extremely Crabbit

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:36 am

Sleep I think it was this poor little emoticon that got Pettys goat, whod have thought it could get me accused of rank ignorance? sheesh! I had better never use cyclops who knows what will happen?
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:17 am

Pettytyrant101 wrote: But it is true my crabbitmeter has not only peaked today but its then blown to smithereens and sprayed me head to foot with sharp bits of shrapnel.

Petty, may I remind you that you assured me in the strongest of terms that the new Mk II crabbitmeter had been bunny tested and was for all practical purposes indestructible. Suspect

I look forward to your explanation.
David H
David H
Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:17 am

Pettytyrant101 wrote:Crabbit madness at that Halfwise! But it is true my crabbitmeter has not only peaked today but its then blown to smithereens and sprayed me head to foot with sharp bits of shrapnel. Mad
A bear with a sore head is just a slightly moody animal compared to me right now! Extremely Crabbit

the mysterious death of Frodo's parents - Page 3 Dakars

Norc wrote:oh jeez.. three pages in one evening! I can't even be bothered to catch up xD what the hell happened?

Forumshire happened! Very Happy

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:28 am

may I remind you that you assured me in the strongest of terms that the new Mk II crabbitmeter had been bunny tested and was for all practical purposes indestructible.-David

Ah well yes, you see it tunrs out the boffins whilst they did indeed test it thoroughly before claimiing it to be indisctructable missed one small, yet vital factor in what they were saying- it was complete bollocks. Evil or Very Mad
All it took was the sudden and effective crumbling of most of the last 40 years of my life over the course of one day and pop! Mad

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:39 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:
All it took was the sudden and effective crumbling of most of the last 40 years of my life over the course of one day and pop! Mad

Ah, so for once it wasn't PJ's fault. Sorry to hear that!
David H
David H
Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:19 pm

I hope that you are able to pull through whatever happened, Petty, and I'm sorry that I touched a nerve on the wrong day!
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:22 pm

Not your fault Eldo, was mine- I needed some light Forumshire stuff to forget a particularly lousy day and got myself in a crabbit fest instead. And screw the world, I'm a Scotshobbit and a Tyrant the world can batter away at me all it likes I will not fall and I will not bend my knee to it!!

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next