Norc
Pettytyrant101
chris63
18 posters

Page 8 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next

Go down

Gif thread - Page 8 Empty Re: Gif thread

Post by Norc Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:12 pm

like in town (I am so ranting over this, but it gets me so provoked) we have these seagulls who attack people eating food. you don't want people stealing your food, right, out of your hands and all. so, for a time, there wasn't allowed to feed seagulls, fair enough. there was lots of debating and shit, because the seagulls are supposed to be out over seas and eat fish, not burgers and kebabs and what not. so people stopped feeding them. the problem got better, although there still are some city-gulls (bymåsen) who roam around cafés. locals don't normally feed seagulls (because daaaah.. they just call their friends and suddenly you have a chaotic seagull-party) but some STUPID ASS PEOPLE INCLUDING TOURISTS AND STUDENTS AND LOCALS STILL FEED THOSE LITTLE SHITS!
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:15 pm

this is from a museum which displays arctic life and animals in their natural habitat.. the seagull is in it because.. well it's good at adapting...
Gif thread - Page 8 Måkemonter%20-%20webformat
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:14 am

I dont disagree with you Norc, I know what you say is right. We have a huge problem with seagulls here also. They prey on people in town worse than out of town. The birds are like something from a Hitchcock film & are getting nasty because all they want is food ! These birds are frightning & their beaks are sharp. There are signs put up everywhere telling people NOT to feed them, but, as you say, its not us but the tourists that do it. Oh & little old ladies ! Rolling Eyes

Gif thread - Page 8 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Gif thread - Page 8 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:57 am

I really boggle at people who feed pidgeons, they are like flying rats.

But foxes will come into urban areas whether we feed them or not, they are attracted by the smells, and are nocturnal I think, so we wouldnt even know they were hanging about the gardens until the bins were raided. it would be impossible to stop foxes migrating towards towns, as ironically towns are safer than the countryside, theres no hunting, easy access to food and good cover and places to hide, also people are more tolerant of them in towns and dont tend to shoot them or hurt them apart from a minority of people. They are highly intelligent and dont do much harm or disturbance, they dont destroy habitats, you wouldnt even know one was there. My dad has one that burrowed a hole uder his garden shed, its quite happy and doesnt do any harm, it actually eats loads of rats and mice, so its a benefit in some ways. some of them are half domesticated, and as their habitat is reduced we only have ourselves to blame and should take the consequences.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:07 am

Gif thread - Page 8 Homebog

I live here, so there's thousands of wild animals around. It's not an option to not feed them (If I took the trouble to bury my food waste they'd only dig it up).

The trick is mutual respect. I leave them alone when they're in the wild spaces, and I chase them whenever I see them in the human spaces (though sometimes I pretend I don't see them, because I do love watching them).

I also pee on the bushes around the areas I most don't want them in. They all understand the boundaries of my territory because I take the trouble to explain it in their language.

As long as they're respectful and don't get aggressive like those seagulls of yours Nora, and they don't try to eat my cat, they're welcome to pass through. They're good neighbors!
David H
David H
Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:59 am

Mrs Figg wrote:I really boggle at people who feed pidgeons, they are like flying rats.

But foxes will come into urban areas whether we feed them or not, they are attracted by the smells, and are nocturnal I think, so we wouldnt even know they were hanging about the gardens until the bins were raided. it would be impossible to stop foxes migrating towards towns, as ironically towns are safer than the countryside, theres no hunting, easy access to food and good cover and places to hide, also people are more tolerant of them in towns and dont tend to shoot them or hurt them apart from a minority of people. They are highly intelligent and dont do much harm or disturbance, they dont destroy habitats, you wouldnt even know one was there. My dad has one that burrowed a hole uder his garden shed, its quite happy and doesnt do any harm, it actually eats loads of rats and mice, so its a benefit in some ways. some of them are half domesticated, and as their habitat is reduced we only have ourselves to blame and should take the consequences.

pidgeons aren't so bad, gulls are worse, much worse. I see your point Figg, although i still think one shouldn't feed them. we don't really have a problem with city foxes (not large enough cities and too much country) but it sounds like human and foxes get a long, so maybe it isn't so bad. but feeding is just stupid, they just ends up in your house.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:46 pm

pidgeons spread diseases, they are the most repulsive creatures and are full of weird shit and shit everywhere. I saw a documentary about the way they live, and its disgustingly dirty and squalid, they are not clean birds at all. I think they should be banned from cities and towns and people who feed them should be fined. they are not normal. they are not like Doves or sweet little birdies, they are little orcs with wings.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:09 pm

I agree Mrs Figg ! pidgeons & seagulls are a vermin ! seagulls SHOULD be out at sea & pidgeons, well, I dont know WHAT to say bout them,tho they ARE dirty ! Foxes are not anywhere near as destructive or dangerous in the suburbs or towns as people think. I live on the edge of a big town & foxes come from "The Downs", they keep to a definate route each night, eat & run like a bat out of hell if they hear or see something that spooks them. We have out door pets here, (bunnies & Guinea pigs) that are safe in their hutches & all the cats here arent bothered about foxes at all. In fact,my sweetheart used to sit WITH foxes, both not taking any notice of each other. I used to watch them from my window. Now cockroaches ! THATS a problem !

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:44 pm

we don't have many pidgeons.. they put metal spikes on rooftops and threw down their nests.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:45 pm

and now i haven't started on the freaking crazyness of seagulls during and after mating season. they are crazy motherfuckers!
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:52 pm

Tell me about it !! they scream & squark all fecking day & dive bomb on you when the chicks arrive ! you really take your life in your hands when you go out the front door ! bastard things ! Twisted Evil

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:14 pm

they live on our roofs.. Mad
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:16 pm

and ones they moved into my grandad's boat.. the egg went with him on fishing trips... he just lay a blanket over it.. though the chick always drowned... yet the seagull always came back... we eat seagull eggs here btw.. not from the ones in the city though, that's just gross..
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:45 pm

They live on everyones roofs here also, bloody things ! thats an awful lot of roofs,meaning an awful lot of fecking seagulls !! Some people hate seagulls SO much they go out shooting them. They are "protected" here, & if caught,you get a hefty fine. Ive never tried seagull eggs, & I dont think I want to ? As Im by the sea, the Hotels here send workmen up on the roof to bash the nests & eggs, tho legally your not allowed to touch them. We also put spikes etc up but nothing seems to put these bastards off ! Evil or Very Mad

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:46 am

put a toy-snake on the roof. that helps. trust me Smile seagull eggs are really tasty ^^ they're protected here, just the one gull, like fishing gull, little grey one. we have a rather healty population here, though it is endangered.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:21 pm

Gif thread - Page 8 Tumblr_mimsjz77WE1rmerh9o1_400
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:23 pm

Cheerleader love that one Norc !

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:40 pm

Not a care in the world Smile

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:46 pm

Gif thread - Page 8 Funnygif

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:05 am

I remember when I lived in Sunbury on Thames there were green parrots living in the trees. true story.

Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:35 am

Gif thread - Page 8 Daily_gifdump_320_16

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:07 am

btw.. this thread has been succsesfully norced.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:34 pm

Laughing

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:29 pm

So funny. lol

Gif thread - Page 8 Funny-gifs-taxi-trouble

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:36 pm

Laughing

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next