David H
The Wobbit A Parody
Eldorion
Pettytyrant101
halfwise
23 posters

Page 13 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Go down

continuing proofs America is wacko - Page 13 Empty Re: continuing proofs America is wacko

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:11 pm

Typically human that- we define ours own social norms against our neighbours, and suprise, suprise its always there social norms we think are weird never our own.

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

continuing proofs America is wacko - Page 13 Empty Re: continuing proofs America is wacko

Post by Norc Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:15 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:Do a good line in flat pack furntiure though Norc. Credit where credit is due. And their, um, liberal, sauna culture is surely to be applauded. Nod

the sauna I believe is actually from Finland and the flat pack furniture can be a real pain in the ass... and their roads are better... and car service is cheaper.. actually everything is cheaper.. the weather is better.. the cities look better... they had Astrid Lindgren..... and... D: sod it.. I'm out. BUT WE'RE BETTER! NO MATTER WHAT SWEET BROTHER IS OR ISN'T! we got mountains!....
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:17 pm

And trolls! And giant deadly herring. Very Happy

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:18 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:Typically human that- we define ours own social norms against our neighbours, and suprise, suprise its always there social norms we think are weird never our own.

yeah, sup with skirts?
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:19 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:And trolls! And giant deadly herring. Very Happy

and viking boats, easter traditions like reading crim-stories and eating oranges! and we got BUNADS Very Happy
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:21 pm

Sounds painful- does it prevent you from sitting down? Suspect

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Turembar Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:25 pm

Orwell wrote:
Mrs Figg wrote:I think its because they speak English so we read about the weirdos with more ease, if it was China or Russia, Africa or India, the extent of the weirdness is hidden because we dont speak the lingo. I actually think without America we would be in deep shit, but thats just my probably politically naive opinion.

I don't know if you find it ironic or not, but I've often defended America against the criticisms of Eldorion... In fact, I've pipped him for being 'over' critical at times. Weird world, aint it - topsy turvey at times. I've even been hintded to be an apologist for America's wars in Iran and Afghanistan.... Fancy Turembar you thinking me anti-American. It is a topsy turvey world, hey - but it is Forumshire. Nod

Yes, topsy turvey.... and especially with you guys standing on the bottom of the earth. How you don't fall off I don't know. scratch

Orwell, it seems I did jump to conclusions. I prefer international forums, but anger/resentment against amis is very great at this time, and sometimes you feel like one of those old mechanical targets at the shooting gallery. You can kind of freak out after awhile. But I like Aussies a lot and frequently do business with them via a hobby business and have made a few good friends. It's funny but growing up we kind of idolized Aussies as being seriously crazy, surfing in particular, but other sports as well, like Aussie style rappelling, which is going down face first . Laughing Have nothing but respect for cops. Toughest job in the world normally.
Turembar
Turembar
Ringwinner

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:26 pm

Sounds painful- does it prevent you from sitting down? -Petty

what? noo xD just painful if it's 30 degrees at 17th of may. which it was one day :S

BONDI BEACH! (sorry I'm bored and becoming random..)
hey, Turembar, if you don't mind, where are you located?
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:29 pm

I'm probably more confused now Norc than I was before! scratch

Yes afraid its true Turembar- Orwell is nothing but a US apologist.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:33 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:I'm probably more confused now Norc than I was before! scratch

you should try google somethimes.. it really is a great tool.
continuing proofs America is wacko - Page 13 Bunader
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:37 pm

But it takes all the fun out of life Norc.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:39 pm

oh, you can have loads of fun with google. I googled "bilder" (pictures) in tge image searh and all this crap came up xD it even sugested I'd google "fine bilder" (nice pictures) xD
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:46 pm

I haven't the faintest clue what bilder is, nor do I care to find out, but I think #12 is seriously hot.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:49 pm

Typical northern european womans clothing- looks good but you get to first base in november and by the time youve got through the layers its summer again! Evil or Very Mad

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:55 pm

you're so funny Petty xD
Bilder means Picture.

I am not going to tell you guys which one I have. cause you'll laugh. because it's a bad picture. And I don't wear that hat thingi.. and mine is a different colour.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:00 pm

ooh go on Norc- tell us which one- we promise not to point and laugh (at least not when your looking!)

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:08 pm

Turembar wrote:Yes it goes on & on. Laughing Up north the Minnasotans tell jokes about the North Dakotans.

And the reason for telling North Dakotan jokes is nobody is offended: if they are around to hear them, they left North Dakota for a reason, and if they're back in North Dakota they won't hear you talking about them anyway.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:10 pm

By the way, at the wedding I was surrounded by the very enclave in question: very Norwegian, very good at playing cards - because what else are you gonna do when snowed in 3 months out of the year?

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:18 pm

because what else are you gonna do when snowed in 3 months out of the year?- Halfwise

You'd be suprised how inventive people can be! And there is always tiddly-winks (great name for a game that!).

Proof that not all wackiness is in the US- heres an embarrassing bit from Scotland from todays Sun newspaper;

'Furious church leaders want Western Isles Council boss Angus Campbell to pull the plug on a food dispenser as it breaks strict local rules over selling Sabbath grub.
But unrepentant Mr Campbell — who’s set up the machine stocked with milk, bread and cheese at his garage in Stornoway, Lewis — snubbed the call, claiming he’s only received ONE complaint.
Last night John Roberts, of religious group Day One — formerly the Lord’s Day Observance Society — said: “This machine should not be working on a Sunday.
“This is an intrusion into the way of life of the Western Isles.
“The vast majority of people on the Isle of Lewis want to keep Sunday a sacred day.
“For people to disregard these desires and wishes I do feel is a total infringement on their freedoms and liberties.'

As a Scot I find this embarrasing and pathetic. And when they said no work on a Sunday I am pretty sure they meant people not vending machines.
At least we seem to have run these nutters off the mainland and onto the islands though- its like the bloody Wickerman out there still.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:22 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:
Last night John Roberts, of religious group Day One — formerly the Lord’s Day Observance Society — said: “This machine should not be working on a Sunday."

As a Scot I find this embarrasing and pathetic.

You should be proud: this is brilliant stuff.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:24 pm

Razz Well I suppose there is a certain genius, humorous logic to it. But I wouldnt want to live next door to him.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:25 pm

Norc wrote:continuing proofs America is wacko - Page 13 Bunader

Why is #10 so braggy about being allowed to wear other kinds of shoes!? Blasphemy!! #1 is the type I have.

Sweds have to wear yellow and blue, poor poor folks! Here's the royal family of Sweden.
continuing proofs America is wacko - Page 13 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTVi5LZCRpKqsu6mq5gVGfmRidRan1leShSSKEISSLCtd9i1Akfhg

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:33 pm

Got to hand it to you Fjordians- there is something rather attractive and quite sexy looking about those outifts- especially for something which covers everything from just below the chin to just above the ankle! Less is more indeed. Impressive. Nod

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:34 pm

number one is pretty ^_^ I can understand having different shoes, mine are too big and flop, though if I wore different shoes I would be very ashamed.. :S
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:35 pm

Like wearing a kilt without a dirk I suppose Norc- just somehow wrong.

Ouch to the Swede version- thats a nasty colour clash explosion! Shocked

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next