Go down

Complaints - Page 35 Empty Re: Complaints

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:40 pm

Odd?! Odd Mrs Figg? Why how kind of you to say so. Very Happy

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:27 pm

If this place wasn't odd it wouldn't be the place it's cracked up to be - cracked, I say, cracked!

Orwell
Dark Presence with Gilt Edge

Back to top Go down

Complaints - Page 35 Empty complaints

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:44 pm

I meant odd in a good way. What a Face
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:48 pm

Anne wrote:This is not really a complaint, only a question, but I did not know where to place it. I guess it could be a complaint that there is no obvious place to ask my question. Very Happy Anyway, why do you guys subtitle Forumshire as "The Hobbit Movie Forum"? I know you discuss the upcoming movies (every once in a while Laughing) but this place offers so much more. Isn't it misleading for new folk? How about, "Forumshire, Free Spirits Welcome"? Laughing

I tried to write an answer, but as I suck at explaning things in English I thought this solution might be better: Have a look at this thread Smile

Complaints - Page 35 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:32 pm

I read some of that thread back- we are being serious on it. Its like watching children pretending to be grownups! Laughing

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:37 pm

Laughing

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Complaints - Page 35 Empty ??

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:58 pm

what about FreemansForum as in Martin and being free spirited err men, no forget I said anything, its the oldtimers disease, sorry.

Embarassed
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:08 pm

Ringdrotten wrote:
Anne wrote:This is not really a complaint, only a question, but I did not know where to place it. I guess it could be a complaint that there is no obvious place to ask my question. Very Happy Anyway, why do you guys subtitle Forumshire as "The Hobbit Movie Forum"? I know you discuss the upcoming movies (every once in a while Laughing) but this place offers so much more. Isn't it misleading for new folk? How about, "Forumshire, Free Spirits Welcome"? Laughing

I tried to write an answer, but as I suck at explaning things in English I thought this solution might be better: Have a look at this thread Smile

Paul put it best in the original thread, so I'll just repeat it here. Very Happy

The Wobbit A Parody wrote:I guess I'm a big fan of being searchable on the web.
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Complaints - Page 35 Empty to the Lord of forumshire

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:06 pm

Mr Lord of all Things, good Sir, can I have a nice avatar please, and you can choose it, bit risky but what the hey.
Kissing

what say you?
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:20 pm

I'm a techno-fool (though not a fool in any other way), Mrs Figg. I probably do it wrong, but what I do works. I save a picture from Google to My Pictures (I trust you got that on your computer or somepin similar), then I go to Profile (see at top of Forumshire page), then I go to Avatar (at top of page) then click Browse and then select said photo. I bet there's a beter way, but I'm no techno-nerd.

It's easy enough - even for a techno-fool like me (though not a fool in any other way ). I definitely wouldn't have Eldorion choose ANYTHING for me btw (he's colourblind, I've heard). No, I wouldn't let him choose.

So:
Browse
select picture
Save

Very Happy

You can hit signature (on your profile) and put something like: "I have a very naughty pussy": Mrs Slocum, Are You Being Served - or anything really, to help us get a handle on your personality.

As to the little note one gets under your actual Avatar pic, ask Eldorion to put "Handsone woman of Bree", or something appropriate like that. (You can go for "inappropriate" if you like, but I wouldn't advise it, what with Forumshire being a Respectable place and all). You can stay a newbie or an elf or whatever if you want to, as set down by the Lord High Muck Eldorion, placing you in his ridiculous Hierarchy of folk - but that's kind of boring. (Eldorion's boring, you see - and a bit pompous I hear, though I wouldn't wish to spread rumours, however true they might be cyclops ).

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:05 am

I have a complaint. Sometimes I post something "Today" --- and it comes up that I did it "Yesterday". Is there something sinister going on? Suspect

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:24 am

Mrs Figg wrote:Mr Lord of all Things, good Sir, can I have a nice avatar please, and you can choose it, bit risky but what the hey.
Kissing

what say you?

Orwell's ramblings aside, I can certainly pick an avatar for you, although I'd imagine you might want to upload one yourself. If you don't, though, I'm sure I can think of something. Very Happy Titles, however, I do have to do personally, but let me know if you have one in mind or want me to pick one. Razz
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:27 am

Orwell wrote:I have a complaint. Sometimes I post something "Today" --- and it comes up that I did it "Yesterday". Is there something sinister going on? Suspect

I'd assume that is because the forum's server is in a different time zone than you are. The default forum time is GMT, but you can change the display time in your profile under the Preferences time. For example, under the default settings this post will appear to have been made at 00:26 on November 21, but because I have changed my personal settings to U.S. Eastern Time (GMT -5) it appears to me to be made at 19:26 on November 20. You can change your personal to display to Australian time as well. If, however, anyone here were to have multiple accounts (and I'm sure no one would be so disrespectable as to do that), they probably would have to change the settings for each account.

EDIT: If that doesn't fix the problem, let me know and I'll see what I can figure out for you. Wink
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Saradoc Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:40 am

Orwell wrote:I have a complaint. Sometimes I post something "Today" --- and it comes up that I did it "Yesterday". Is there something sinister going on? Suspect

No, it came up as today that time. Otherwise it would say yesterday, but it doesn't, it says today... Neutral

King Arthur: The Lady of the Lake, her arm clad in the purest shimmering samite, held aloft Excalibur from the bosom of the water, signifying by divine providence that I, Arthur, was to carry Excalibur. That is why I am your king.

Dennis the Peasant: Listen. Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.
Saradoc
Saradoc
Ringwinner

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:59 pm

Time is an illusion, Forumshire time doubly so!

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Complaints - Page 35 Empty Mr Lord of Forumshire Sir

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:24 pm

You can pick me an avatar if you want, I am feeling a bit faint and swoony after my recent hem! problems with my naughty compuder, and being a bit oldie worldie I like the Gentlemen to take the initiative. as long as its nothing rude or saucy, or you give me the avatar of a troll with a face like a Bulldog chewing a wasp. I would have to slap your legs if you did that young man.

Nod king
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:49 pm

Mrs Figg, frankly, Eldorion just can't be trusted. Did you not read my advice above? Mad (If I can do it, trust me, ANYONE can do it!)

GO TO PROFILE
Raise your eyes up this page. See near the top the word "Profile". Gooooo... yeah good! CLICK it!

NOW:

You see a a page with INFORMATION REGISTRATION. Yes, you do! Look again! ( Rolling Eyes ) Yes. That's right. Just above it you see more words. One of which is "avatar." Yep - that's right. "AVATAR". Rolling Eyes CLICK it!

NOW:

You see AVATAR CONTROL PANEL. On this page look for BROWSE. Yep, down to the right a bit! CLICK it!

Now GO TO WHEREVER YOU STORE PICTURES. (I hope this bit works. If you have Windows it should be okay).

Choose a picture of your choice. Then hit SAVE. And Bingo! You're there. (Mind, if you don't have Windows Pics you'll have something similar, surely).

Can you save pictures from Google Images? If so, find a pic there. Look up "Mrs Figg" if that helps your imaginative procesesses to begin with. Save it to your pics. (You might be able to do it direct from Google Images,. I don't know if you can. I told you that I'm useless!)

At least try, Mrs Figg!!!

The whole idea of that dullard Eldo (I mean it nicely) picking something on your behalf gives me the heebie jeebies! Shocked

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:02 pm

Mrs Figg wrote:give me the avatar of a troll with a face like a Bulldog chewing a wasp.

Done! cheers Waaaaaait a minute, was that what you did want, or what you didn't? Shrugging

Complaints - Page 35 QPwpK

Last edited by Eldorion on Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Complaints - Page 35 Empty someones getting their legs slapped

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:09 pm

Banghead

OH YES LADDIE BOY SLAPPED UNTIL STEAM COMES OFF!
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:14 pm

Perhaps your namesake then?

Complaints - Page 35 MTlGi

Complaints - Page 35 Chaang001

(All meant in good fun, I hope you know. Smile )
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:17 pm

Exactly the kind of thing I was getting at, Mrs Figg. Rolling Eyes

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:19 pm

Humph. If no one appreciates my photoshoppery I might just have to wear that avatar myself so it doesn't go to waste. Evil or Very Mad
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:20 pm

I always suspected you were a bit of an old woman, Eldo. Laughing

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:24 pm

Ingrates! Mad

{{{{{{NB Check your private messages please, Mrs. Figg!}}}}}
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Complaints - Page 35 Empty Mr Lord Sir

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:34 pm

what a naughty mischievious young fellow. I see you were right Orwell, slippery as an eel that Eldorion, lesson learnt, fingers burnt. lol!
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next