Kafria
Eldorion
odo banks
28 posters

Page 13 of 18 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 18  Next

Go down

Hobbit Forum Refugees - Page 13 Empty Re: Hobbit Forum Refugees

Post by malickfan Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:48 pm

This Feanor bloke is being a bit of a dick if you ask me, though I joined Bree more or less the same time it started going downhill anyway so it's not really me place to say.

Norc don't let him get to you, and don't feel you have to respond to him if he is, I'm sure both of you have got better uses for your time than a childish slagging match.

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:37 pm

I'm a little curious as to why there is any doubt about Feanor and the Troll?  scratch

Orwell
Dark Presence with Gilt Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by RA Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:19 pm

Well I can't explain Barry S. who shared some mannerisms with Stu I guess. I don't think Stu was the other trolls though. The others trolls shared similar names to their Bree counterparts: Counterparts that harassed Stu which he then banned himself.

We also suspect that the troll was responsible for the spam attacks back in Bree. We never had a real problem with it before "soughreman from hell" threatened to bring trouble before finally being banned by Stu. There's also the fact that Taz said that the bot creation was incredibly sophisticated. I think he said there were 2000 bots with a few hundred more being written each day all dedicated to making spam. I'm not familiar with how this sort of stuff works exactly but it seems to me like Bree was being targeted specifically by someone rather than some algorithm (or whatever normally makes the occasional spam).

It seems more likely to me that the trolls on Bree simply found their own over here. Forumshire was mentioned more than a few times there and with Bree being down, they were probably bored. I can't explain Barry S. though. He may just be a real guy who happened to say ayup for all I know. Shrugging Also Barry S. seemed like a nice enough guy.

Last edited by Recoveryanonymous on Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

"From him they learnt many things it were not good for any but the great Valar to know, for being half-comprehended such deep hidden things slay happiness; and besides many of the sayings of Melko were cunning lies or were but partly true, and the Noldoli ceased to sing, and their viols fell silent upon the hill of Kôr, for their hearts grew somewhat older as their lore grew deeper and their desires more swollen, and the books of their wisdom were multiplied as the leaves of the forest."

Remember Merp - July 11th, 2013
RA
RA
Defender of the faith and Dunedain of the thread

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:34 pm

I knew there must be a downside to my Bree outreach program Mad 

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:20 pm

maybe the trolls will go back to Bree once it comes back on line.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:25 pm

Yep, once Norc got under his skin (didn't take long) he suddenly blurted out some Gundulf language, spelling and all. And Gundulf was manifestly just looking for trouble.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by RA Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:28 pm

halfwise wrote:Yep, once Norc got under his skin (didn't take long) he suddenly blurted out some Gundulf language, spelling and all.  And Gundulf was manifestly just looking for trouble.
He did? If Stu was Gandulf and consequently all the other trolls, then who were the trolls in Bree?
This is a tough case to crack.

"From him they learnt many things it were not good for any but the great Valar to know, for being half-comprehended such deep hidden things slay happiness; and besides many of the sayings of Melko were cunning lies or were but partly true, and the Noldoli ceased to sing, and their viols fell silent upon the hill of Kôr, for their hearts grew somewhat older as their lore grew deeper and their desires more swollen, and the books of their wisdom were multiplied as the leaves of the forest."

RA
RA

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:29 pm

Did someone say Gundulf?

Hobbit Forum Refugees - Page 13 2051

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:29 pm

Laughing 

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:29 pm

It's all quite fascinating. Sophisticated Trolls? Why bother? But it's fascinating. Maybe someone wa trying to frame Stu. Quite possible. Yet - why bother really? Shrugging

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by RA Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:31 pm

bungobaggins wrote:Did someone say Gundulf?

Hobbit Forum Refugees - Page 13 2051
Hobbit Forum Refugees - Page 13 Gandalf_multiclass

RA
RA

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:58 am

The trolls in Bree are different to the BarryS/Gandulf troll. The trolls in Bree set about a massive spamming war after one of them got banned.
On the other hand, the troll here knew us, and started trolling when Bree closed down and also used Stu's manner of speech and had a built in antagonism towards Norc and to a lesser extent, Petty. because Bree was off line whoever it was got bored and decided to have some fun over here. It backfired when it got nasty, got banned and then tried to come back, due to boredom again, making ridiculous false stories up about some poor kid. Then it got banned, and suddenly feanor returns, starts with the insulting and goes away again. So either its a clever frame up or its all the same person, excluding the actual spammer.
I rest my case milud.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Nov 23, 2013 12:07 pm

Why would anyone be antagonistic towards me? Shocked Norc I can understand Wink but being antagonistic at me is like pissing into a furnace, you just get a lot of smelly steam blown back in your face.
Is pointless, Im far too drunk to care, and just drunk enough to get aggressively defensive if they start on anyone else (even Norc Very Happy ). And I have a ban hammer, not sure whose bright idea that was, but I've got the bugger Twisted Evil 

I have no idea if the recent troll is from Bree or not, doesn't matter- if anyone comes here to post troll shit they get whacked with the hammer- its that simple, and that easy, even for a drunk. drunken 

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Nov 23, 2013 12:15 pm

pub  its good to know the Rangers are drunk.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:05 am

I highly doubt that the spam problems in Bree are due to an individual.  There are tons of automated systems that seek to post spam anywhere they can find it.  There are clearly security weaknesses at Bree, and once the registration system's safeguards have been compromised, the flow of spam will continue unabated until someone goes in and beefs up the security.  The recent troll issue here on Forumshire was down to just one person (maybe a couple people posting together) for shits and giggles.  There was no technical or hacking aspect of their activity whatsoever, despite vague threats to that effect.  Fortunately it's been a couple of days since they registered a new sockpuppet account, but frankly, the more we talk about them, the more it gives them a reason to come back for more attention.

Recoveryanonymous wrote:It seems more likely to me that the trolls on Bree simply found their own over here. Forumshire was mentioned more than a few times there and with Bree being down, they were probably bored. I can't explain Barry S. though. He may just be a real guy who happened to say ayup for all I know. Shrugging Also Barry S. seemed like a nice enough guy.
Barry S. was one of the troll accounts.  Several of their accounts started out making reasonable, polite posts before descending into abusive garbage like the rest of them.  Most of the worst posts have been deleted, though.
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:10 am

Recoveryanonymous wrote:He did? If Stu was Gandulf and consequently all the other trolls, then who were the trolls in Bree?
It's doubtful that Stu and Gundulf have anything to do with each other whatsoever.  I kind of doubt that Gundulf/Barry are responsible for any trolling or spamming on Bree, either.  It's not like there's any shortage of people looking for lulz.
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by feanor 1999 Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:29 am

Pettytyrant101 wrote:Are you suggesting we get a nose ring for Norc?
I'd like to say Eldorion that I didn't say or think that at all... I'm just checking in briefly...

Nice to see you're still sharp Petty... :wink:

feanor 1999
feanor 1999
Ringwinner

Back to top Go down

Post by feanor 1999 Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:31 am

Eldorion wrote:
Recoveryanonymous wrote:He did? If Stu was Gandulf and consequently all the other trolls, then who were the trolls in Bree?
It's doubtful that Stu and Gundulf have anything to do with each other whatsoever.  I kind of doubt that Gundulf/Barry are responsible for any trolling or spamming on Bree, either.  It's not like there's any shortage of people looking for lulz.
Ayup Eldorion...

I'd like to say that I have NOTHING to do with Trolling anywhere let alone here. There were manyTrolls with many names over at Bree, and what does it matter now ? The pony's closed...
feanor 1999
feanor 1999
Ringwinner

Back to top Go down

Post by feanor 1999 Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:36 am

Orwell wrote:I'm a little curious as to why there is any doubt about Feanor and the Troll?  scratch
OOh, 'Feanor and the Troll', now THAT'S a 'Lost Tale'. I LIKE that.

Eldorion, call me either Feanor or Stu or both. up to you. Y'know it might be worth dropping in a little more often !
feanor 1999
feanor 1999
Ringwinner

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:41 am

Poor Bree... Will you ever rise again? Sad 

It's a good thing there's always a free hole and a cold Buckie... PETTY!! GIVE THAT BACK YOU... er... make that a nice cup of milk - here in the Shire.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:46 am

Free hole? Shocked Why am I never told anything? Mad 

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by feanor 1999 Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:47 am

Amarië wrote:Norc is free-range and fabulous, Feanor. Cool Sorry man, seems we are a pro-Norc community here.

All else aside, I do sympathize with trying to run a forum without the proper tools and no/little communication with Admin or others to assist. I hope things goes better for Bree in the future.
Thanks Amarie.

But it may be a little late for that ATMO.

Im not trying to prejudice anyone here against anyone at all. But her especial rudeness is also not an Eru-given right. And however old I am, she's supposedly an eighteen year old 'Adult' and should curb it too. the criteria that make me out such a monster also should apply to her. But theyseemingly don't because everybody here loves her rudeness for some reason. Hannibal Lecter, a Hero of mine, would absolutely put her in the category of 'Free Range Rude'. And I shan't say any more.

Ringwinner

Back to top Go down

Post by feanor 1999 Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:49 am

Amarië wrote:Poor Bree... Will you ever rise again? Sad 

It's a good thing there's always a free hole and a cold Buckie... PETTY!! GIVE THAT BACK YOU... er... make that a nice cup of milk - here in the Shire.
Thanks again Amarie,

But I don't think Feanor's terribly welcome. Mind you, Even my Namesake is cursed too... *tears of Feanor...*
feanor 1999
feanor 1999
Ringwinner

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:10 am

feanor 1999 wrote:
Pettytyrant101 wrote:Are you suggesting we get a nose ring for Norc?
I'd like to say Eldorion that I didn't say or think that at all... I'm just checking in briefly...

no, but you said "rein her in".
edited for a proper quote:
feanor 1999 wrote:Hi Petty nice to see you mate.

Eldorion, I haven't posted here in almost if not over a year if you look at my post dates so whoever 'targeted' NorC wasn't me. I can't be bothered with morons like her. And it's a bit rich really to have a go at me when as soon as I posted I got the reply I did. As I said to her, nothing's really changed here either has it, as you're still treating Her as a protected species. You really should rein her in but you don't dare do you ?

Last edited by Norc on Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:11 am

feanor 1999 wrote:Hannibal Lecter, a Hero of mine, would absolutely put her in the category of 'Free Range Rude'.
Yep - that does sound like our Norc. Very Happy

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 18 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 18  Next