odo banks
28 posters

Page 14 of 18 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

Go down

Hobbit Forum Refugees - Page 14 Empty Re: Hobbit Forum Refugees

Post by Orwell Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:15 am

Norc wrote:
feanor 1999 wrote:
Pettytyrant101 wrote:Are you suggesting we get a nose ring for Norc?
I'd like to say Eldorion that I didn't say or think that at all... I'm just checking in briefly...

no, but you said "rein her in".
Yeah - and that's likely to happen! Rolling Eyes  Everyone knows what a milksop Eldo is... {{{At least that's the rumour I'm always spreading!}}} )

Personally, I'd give you arather thorough spanking given half the opportunity... only consensually, mind you. Otherwise new folk like Feanor might think me ill-mannered and lacking in the common curtesies.... ... Very Happy

Last edited by Orwell on Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:19 am; edited 1 time in total

Orwell
Dark Presence with Gilt Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:19 am

Hey Norc! You added stuff!

And Feanor - Eldo only reins anyone in if all the Mods here agree it's necessary. We all take responsibility here. Eldo is Admin but Equal. We don't lay all responsibility for the hard stuff on him. Just so you know.

So let's move on - and  that's you too, Norc! Mad   {{{Umm.... that's pretty please, Norc! pale}}}

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:24 am

feanor 1999 wrote:
Amarië wrote:Norc is free-range and fabulous, Feanor. Cool Sorry man, seems we are a pro-Norc community here.

All else aside, I do sympathize with trying to run a forum without the proper tools and no/little communication with Admin or others to assist. I hope things goes better for Bree in the future.
Thanks Amarie.

But it may be a little late for that ATMO.

Im not trying to prejudice anyone here against anyone at all. But her especial rudeness is also not an Eru-given right. And however old I am, she's supposedly an eighteen year old 'Adult' and should curb it too. the criteria that make me out such a monster also should apply to her. But theyseemingly don't because everybody here loves her rudeness for some reason. Hannibal Lecter, a Hero of mine, would absolutely put her in the category of 'Free Range Rude'. And I shan't say any more.
you'de be surprised at how "adult" i can be if people actually talk to me and treat me as an adult, that means respect and no name calling. why would i reply back being all polite and mature when i don't get that at all back from you. at least i have an age "to blame" for my "impoliteness"and "childishness", you don't.

and i am not rude. and i don't think rudeness is an "eru-given" right. but i think standing up for yourself and not just take bullshit like a punching bag is. now sorry, if you feel that that is rudeness, but it honestly isn't. i feel, as a person and as a young woman, that when an older man calls me a "pretentious twat" and what not, i actually have an "eru-given" right to defend myself. you also have a right to defend what you've called me, but you haven't yet. that to me is very childish as it is just name-calling with no root in reality.

if you think my general behaviour on this forum is so rude, then i don't know what i can do about it. i don't think i have ever offended anyone here on the forum in that way that they have taken it bad, and if i have, they say so and i appologise, but that hasn't happened yet. I would actually go so far as to say i have never offended anyone (well, except u it seems), so i don't think you have any right to start defending everyone at the forum because you think i am rude.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:26 am

What did I tell you, Feanor? She is FABULOUS!

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:27 am

Orwell wrote:Hey Norc! You added stuff!

And Feanor - Eldo only reins anyone in if all the Mods here agree it's necessary. We all take responsibility here. Eldo is Admin but Equal. We don't lay all responsibility for the hard stuff on him. Just so you know.

So let's move on - and  that's you too, Norc! Mad   {{{Umm.... that's pretty please, Norc! pale}}}
not moving on until i get an apology.

also, this is not a dictatorship, it's a democracy.

also.. quite frankly. what Orwell writes is on many occasions quite rude (e.g. the spanking) why don't u give him a fucking hard time!
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:28 am

You proabaly have offended the occasional person, Norc (me included!) - but haven't we all offended someone sometime? And we do try make things good. Anyway, I don't see much to be gained by carrying on your discussion with Feanor. He has come here from Bree and we don't want things to go the way things went there. So let's all - as we say in Ozhobbitland - 'pull our heads in' and move on. That's sense! Very Happy 

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:29 am

my point was, i haven't offended someone to that degree that they have felt it nescessary to point it out to me, as all my "offending" is just teasing in good spirit (as i am sure most people get)
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:30 am

Norc wrote:
Orwell wrote:Hey Norc! You added stuff!

not moving on until i get an apology.

also, this is not a dictatorship, it's a democracy.

also.. quite frankly. what Orwell writes is on many occasions quite rude (e.g. the spanking) why don't u give him a fucking hard time!
I posted as you posted, Norc. Mad  But let's move on Norc. Nothing to be gained. We''ll all start bickering like little kids if we don't. Enough is enough. What do you say? Shrugging

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:34 am

"also.. quite frankly. what Orwell writes is on many occasions quite rude (e.g. the spanking) why don't u give him a fucking hard time!"

Of course, I'm always polite and proper, and never say anything that could possibly offend... Laughing 

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:46 am

don't tell me to fucking move on! is it really too much to ask for something as simple as an apology! i am not gonna stand here and let him get away with it and just walk over me.

he seems to think i am such a rude little shit, yet he's hardly here so how can he really know what i'm like, i find this very offensive and disrespectful and unfair.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:59 am

You know though that this failure to move on is what wrecked Bree in the end. I'm only asking you both to move on because you're getting nowhere with this argument. And you won't get an apology, Norc, you must know that. Feanor/Stu has his opinion and you have yours. That's where things stand. So what's the point of continuing? If it's so upsetting to you that you turn on people like me who are actually on your side, things have come to a pretty bad pass, havent they? Come on Norc, we're Forumshirans aren't we? We get angry, we vent, and then it comes to a time when we move on. Shrugging

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:08 am

yes, ok, i agree we should move on and all that, but no.

his opinion is just that i am a dick, and has nothing to do with the hobbit or anything. if it had been on another matter i would've moved on and respected his opinion, but this is an opinion i can't respect. therefore, no i can't move on just yet.

and i am not turning on you, just trying to make a point that everyone/someone/most make offensive comments, so why take it all out on me, when i hardly do it at all.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by leelee Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:16 am

Feanor I dont know you, hello
Hello Norc
leelee
leelee
Free-est Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:20 am

Norc wrote:yes, ok, i agree we should move on and all that, but no.

his opinion is just that i am a dick, and has nothing to do with the hobbit or anything. if it had been on another matter i would've moved on and respected his opinion, but this is an opinion i can't respect. therefore, no i can't move on just yet.

and i am not turning on you, just trying to make a point that everyone/someone/most make offensive comments, so why take it all out on me, when i hardly do it at all.
We all feel injured and misunderstood at times, and the fact is none of us are perfect. And I've seen some of the - what I might call politely - debates at Bree. They got pretty acrimonious and ugly and went on and on. Yes, people have left here in anger too - but at nowhere the rate as in Bree that I can see. So all things considered, I'm not saying that you shouldn't be angry - I just don't see that you'll gain any kind of resolution by continuing to talk about it here. Feanor won't back down. He thinks he's right. You do too. That's the state of play. That's why I think it advisable to move on.

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:33 am

It might certainly be advisable, Orwell.

I think it's a bit harsh though, to tell Norc to walk away. While Feanor/Stu can hardly make a post without coming out with some derogatory remark. Surely one must have a right to reply if one wants to, for all the good it might do.

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:43 am

Bluebottle wrote:It might certainly be advisable, Orwell.

I think it's a bit harsh though, to tell Norc to walk away. While Feanor/Stu can hardly make a post without coming out with some derogatory remark. Surely one must have a right to reply if one wants to, for all the good it might do.
If I - or one of the other Moderators - are around next time Stu does it (if he does it), then the issue can be dealt with then. As I see it, he reacted pretty poorly to Norc, but that was because I'm prepared to grant him the grace that he possibily doesn't know her (or any of us) that well. I'm prepared to give him time to adjust to the place. But if all he does is get into scraps with folk all the time, we Mods will deal with him accordingly. I can't say he and I had the warmest of relationships when I was over visiting Bree quite regularly. Nonetheless, I have to try to be even handed.  

At the moment I'm just arguing for a truce. Maybe even a Peace Treaty in time. That's what I basically mean by moving on. In no way should that be seen as me asking Norc to say she shouldn't be upset or that she's the guilty party. Nor am I asking Stu to claim guilt. I also don't think it advisable for me as a Mod to tell anyone to apologise because I tried it once and it didn't work. Folk have to believe they should - not be told to.

At the end of the day I agree with you though. As long as it doesn't all turn to utter vitriol, Norc has every right to reply. But if it's just going to descend into a never ending game of "let's trade insults", then it would be fair for Mods to step in as I see it at some stage. I still don't see any value in pursuing the matter - but that's just my opinion of course.

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:02 pm

thank you Blue, fort the support.
of course i don't want this to go on forever and it just being shit throwing, but i am not the one to back down in this matter, maybe that's stubborn, but i feel i am allowed to be just that in this situation. We'll see when he returns if he wants some kind of peace treaty or whatever, but i dunno if he is even interested in hearing me out on this. he has done nothing but ignore me and say shit about me whenever he is back. I'll give him a chance to apologize or something and move on, but i am not the one to do it.

from where i'm standing he seems to have an attitude about saying offensive stuff and then ignore it until he gets away with it, and that is not fair.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:38 pm

Norc wrote:also, this is not a dictatorship, it's a democracy.
Riiiiiiiiight. Suspect

And for the record, I have been highly offended by your attitude regarding your signature GIFs at several points. Very Happy Razz
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:59 pm

i am highly offended by your attitude towards signature gifs and signatures in general mr. no-signature-cus-i-am-great-and-everyone-knows-who-i-am.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:24 pm

What's wrong with signature gifs?

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:37 pm

Some of them are very large, flashy and filled with moving Cumberbatchiness.
Your signature is fine.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:37 pm

exactly.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:39 pm

It's more the size of the GIFs Norc chooses to use.  Although her current one isn't so bad (which I am very grateful for Kissing).

I've moved past signatures entirely, though. Cool #2cool4skool
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:52 pm

oh. so size is a problem.. Rolling Eyes jeeesus...
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:22 pm

Well, to be honest, you did have a pretty big gif of Blunderbutt Humperdink in you signature a while ago. It was kind of tedious having to scroll through all of that. Shrugging 

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 18 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next