Welcome and Introductions (Newbies, Please)

+50
Cowley 121
Hillbilly
Anne
Bluebottle
Yavanna
malickfan
Forest Shepherd
Laivine
bungobaggins
Radaghast
RA
jon
Jac Jackson
TheUberNerdyKid
widfara
leelee
Barnamir
irca
Karakehribar
CC12 35
azriel
the truth
Foolofatook
MeikoElektra
David H
chris63
yooper
Monicawang
Kendalf
Lancebloke
Kafria
Turembar
halfwise
odo banks
feanor 1999
Semiramis
Norc
Mrs Figg
Aiglos
Lester Cat
Taniwha
Orwell
Tinuviel
Ally
Amarië
Squach
Ringdrotten
Pettytyrant101
PiP
Eldorion
54 posters

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

Welcome and Introductions (Newbies, Please) - Page 35 Empty Re: Welcome and Introductions (Newbies, Please)

Post by malickfan Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:55 pm

Hi Forest! Welcome to Forumshire!

Wave 

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Welcome and Introductions (Newbies, Please) - Page 35 Empty Re: Welcome and Introductions (Newbies, Please)

Post by Amarië Sat Nov 02, 2013 8:09 pm

Forest Shepherd wrote:
Welcome and Introductions (Newbies, Please) - Page 35 56199-Doctor-Who-9-hello-gif-ydYK
I like you already. Smile

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by odo banks Sat Nov 02, 2013 8:53 pm

I bet no one's done a Character Check... Rolling Eyes 

Respectable Hobbit of Needlehole

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:46 pm

Forest said hello with a Who gif- all the character you need right there Odo Nod 

Welcome pub 

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:48 pm

who gif=my friend forevaaaah!! (almost, would be better with a sherlock gif)

but hey, introduce yourself Very Happy
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:25 pm

Welcome and Introductions (Newbies, Please) - Page 35 Post-18634-Doctor-Who-11-hello-gif-TA98

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:28 pm

You can never have enough Who Gifs Nod 

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Yavanna Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:25 am

Heh, I do love the Who-gifs.
Hello Everyone, I'm Yavanna, come to you from far off...New York.
I was a frequenter of Nightly.net in the states, which had for many years an incredible LOTR bboard that had many knowledgeable LOTR and Sil readers, and I lived there for many years. Then they decided that the LOTR chat had died down enough to warrant lumping it in with "Books", and then finally they erased our little spot of heaven.

So here I am, with the renewed interest in The Hobbit, I'm searching for like minds to chit-chat about all things Tolkien.

On to the questioning:
How did you first come across Tolkien?
My darling Hippie-Yippie Uncle gifted me The Hobbit on Christmas Day, and I fell in love with Bilbo. Thereafter, the Rankin-Bass version came out on the tube and I completely freaked out over Hobbits.
What do you think of the movies? I found them to be...at their base: A well-meaning attempt to movie-ize Tolkien's books, while simultaneously ruining my favorite character, Aragorn, reducing him to a simpering fool. I hate added in characters. My favorite Aragorn (voice) was Sir Robert Stephens, seconded only by John Hurt, who as we know was playing a very wonderful dragon himself, in Merlin.

How did you pick your username? Does it have any meaning? Yavanna? Well, it's feminine, not a lot of people really pay her much attention, I'm a tree-hugger, and I love the forest.

How did you find Forumshire? I Googled "The Hobbit Discussion", and our was second or third on the list. I like...quiet little forums that seem to last the test of time. Yours passed with flying colors. Smile
Yavanna
Yavanna
Lucky Number

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:30 am

Hey Yavanna! Wave 

Most of the Scotshobbits and Ozhobbits and Fjordlandians have gone to bed, but a few locals will still pop up and say hi. Actually, we are neighbors, which is almost frightening. Let some of the other characters in here loose on our fair city and bedlam will ensue. Bedlam, I say.

But it's awfully nice to have another New Yorker who likes the out of doors instead of running from it screaming. Nod 

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:46 am

Welcome to Forumshire Yavanna.

Not all we Scothobbits are abed, some of us keep very unruly hours! drunken 

By your mention of Robert Stephens I take it you are a fan of the BBC adaptation, we had some discussion on that here, somewhere.

I also have a soft spot for certain aspects of Bakhi's version, John Hurt among them.

You and Azriel should get on well when she gets back to us, she is tree-hugger too. Very Happy 

I think you will fit in well Very Happy 

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:50 am

A very fine specimen of Scottshobbitry, is our Petty!

{{{ Yavanna - he was one of those I was warning you about. }}}

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:47 am

Hello Yavanna! And welcome to The Island of Misfit Toys Forumshire! cheers 

Welcome and Introductions (Newbies, Please) - Page 35 Tumblr_mqsej6VFWJ1rjcfxro1_500

Spoiler:

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:53 am

Welcome to Forumshire, Yavanna! Very Happy I can't say for sure how quiet we are, but we're certainly not the biggest of forums.  It's nice to meet you and see another new face around here. Nod I hope you'll enjoy the Hobbit discussions, and also the various other stuff that comes up!
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:09 am

Hello Yavanna  ^^  always fun to see a new name among us Very Happy i hope we don't scare u off, u are definitely most welcomed ^^

and yes. we're not a quite forum Very Happy hehe.. but you'll soon realize that ^^ we're small, but noisy. well, at least i am Rolling Eyes

oh, edit: i also play the violin Very Happy
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:54 am

Welcome, Yavanna Very Happy Wave 

Welcome and Introductions (Newbies, Please) - Page 35 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:45 pm

Hi Yavanna nice to see some more 'feminine energy' Very Happy on the forum. The Tolkien part of the forum is the shiny public face, dont be fooled wait til you get to the dark underbelly in the Creative section pale you may not think its so quiet around here.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:54 pm

You'll also have to learn about Norcing, encrypting brackets, buckie, the Banks clan....

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:31 pm

Hi Yavanna welcome to our humble forum!Wave 

As a relative newbie myself I can safely say you'll have a great time posting here, though be warned we aren't quite as well mannered when it comes to The Hobbit films...

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:33 pm

Hobbit films: *blech* Moon 

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:54 pm

well i at least like the hobbit films, but it is safe to say we all agree they could've been better Wink and as figg points out, we kinda just pretend we're a tolkien forum Razz we also discuss various other films, such as Star Wars, star trek HP and well.. anything that's comes up really, just take a look in the arts and entertainment section ^^ we have our own future releases thread for movies coming up Smile also discuss TV-series, doctor who, sherlock, breaking bad and you name it Smile the creative corner section may look overwhelming but i think you'll get into it after a while. there are some pretty good writers here who use characters from the forum so u suggest u read some of Petty's work or Lance or Old Anon Smile
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:59 pm

Hey I liked parts of the Hobbit enough to watch it a whole 2 times!

And at the end of the day, this forum wouldn't be as interesting or have much of a point if the films were flawless-where is the fun in discussing perfection?

But yes I agree Forumshire is a forum for everything.

Great Place here Very Happy 

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:02 pm

Cheerleader and we have Award ceremonies, and picnics, and a newspaper called News of the Pure.

((((but its run by a drunken Scotshobbit, so its unreliable at best Suspect ))))
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:07 pm

Is there any other kind of Scotshobbit?

Awards? What for most Crabbit in a topic? Oddest gif?

Hmm I still have alot to learn about this place...

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:12 pm

That's EXACTLY the kind of awards we have here, Malicfan. Nod 

Hello and welcome Yavanna! Wave 

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:25 pm

You're pretty much spot-on about the awards, malickfan. Laughing Here's last year's:

http://www.hobbitmovieforum.com/t544-the-2012-forumshire-awards-sponsored-by-notp-and-buckie
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next