chris63
Eldorion
Kafria
Orwell
Pettytyrant101
26 posters

Page 34 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

Oddities, curiousities and strangness in history - Page 34 Empty Re: Oddities, curiousities and strangness in history

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Sep 06, 2014 3:56 pm

'Research led by experts at Harvard University shows technology can be used to send a simple mental message from one person to another without any contact between the two.
Neuroscientist Giulio Ruffini told the Today programme: "You can actually transmit information directly from one brain to another brain without intervention of the senses."
"The next step would be to try to find more powerful techniques to send more complex information," he added.' - BBC

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-29093700

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Oddities, curiousities and strangness in history - Page 34 Empty Re: Oddities, curiousities and strangness in history

Post by azriel Sat Sep 06, 2014 3:57 pm

I had to watch that again, I like the way the clouds at the top of the screen rush away the second the eruption broke, I had my ear phones etc up full blast & it was LOUD, I can only imagine how it sounded being there Shocked

Oddities, curiousities and strangness in history - Page 34 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Oddities, curiousities and strangness in history - Page 34 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sat Sep 06, 2014 3:58 pm

You could get your next round in at the pub Petty without even being there Laughing

Oddities, curiousities and strangness in history - Page 34 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Sep 06, 2014 6:35 pm

I hadnt thought of that! Shocked

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Sep 06, 2014 6:39 pm

Shocked
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Tue Sep 09, 2014 2:17 pm

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:33 am

Unusual Rocks near Pahrump Hills on Mars

Oddities, curiousities and strangness in history - Page 34 Marsphereinset_curiosity_960

Whats with the ball shaped stone, how did that get there.
Aliens playing marbles ?

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:37 am

Loved the elephant vid Bungo. Eye watering Smile

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:24 pm

Very Happy to them both. Marsballs?
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:32 pm

Soooo, this could be a reality ???

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:38 pm

I have a theory about that constructed on the Scottish referendum, and my cats. No really, stay with me on this.

During the referendum it was all people talked about, it even effected my mood, it altered the immediate environment- signs went up, vans went about blaring messages from loud speakers.
And my cats lived through that period. They saw the changes in the street outside, the flags, the banners, they heard the announcements being made and hid from the vans under hedges when they went by.
But despite the referendum having a physical and tangible effect on their environment- the had no comprehension of it or what was going on.
I see humans like that. There are almost certainly things which are right there in plain sight in front of us, even effecting us, but we cant grasp it or comprehend it. We cant put the pieces together and see that they are part of a single thing occurring. They are beyond our scope.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:00 pm

you mean like Saturn being in the 2nd house of Uranus. that kind of thing?
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:25 pm

http://www.timeslive.co.za/lifestyle/2014/10/03/roots-grow-out-of-vagina-after-woman-uses-potato-as-contraceptive

A 22-year-old woman placed a potato in her vagina after her mother told her it was a fail proof contraceptive method.

After experiencing pain in her abdominal area, the Columbian woman went to a local hospital to get help.

Embarrassed, she told nurses she had put a potato into her vagina two weeks ago, because she was advised it would prevent pregnancy. According to Columbiareports.co, the potato germinated and grew roots. The nurse who attended to the woman found the roots had visibly emerged from her vagina. The potato was eventually removed, non surgically.

Sex education is a taboo subject in the conservative Columbian community after families boycotted classes aimed at informing the youth on such topics.

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by huffjuff Fri Oct 03, 2014 5:10 pm

Haha. Wow. Some people really doesn't think with their head...

huffjuff
Ringwinner

https://andreashustadphotography.myportfolio.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Fri Oct 03, 2014 5:17 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:I have a theory about that constructed on the Scottish referendum, and my cats. No really, stay with me on this.

During the referendum it was all people talked about, it even effected my mood, it altered the immediate environment- signs went up, vans went about blaring messages from loud speakers.
And my cats lived through that period. They saw the changes in the street outside, the flags, the banners, they heard the announcements being made and hid from the vans under hedges when they went by.
But despite the referendum having a physical and tangible effect on their environment- the had no comprehension of it or what was going on.
I see humans like that. There are almost certainly things which are right there in plain sight in front of us, even effecting us, but we cant grasp it or comprehend it. We cant put the pieces together and see that they are part of a single thing occurring. They are beyond our scope.

You mean like... Twilight fans?
Lancebloke
Lancebloke
Tamer and master of Large Metallic Fell Beasts

http://www.lancebloke.com

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Sun Oct 05, 2014 5:16 am

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sun Oct 05, 2014 6:54 am

How Shocked

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:47 am

'Scientists believe they have discovered the origin of copulation.
An international team of researchers says a fish called Microbrachius dicki (seriously?!) is the first-known animal to stop reproducing by spawning and instead mate by having sex.

And where did all this sex begin I hear you ask? Where else of course-

'The primitive bony fish, which was about 8cm long, lived in ancient lakes about 385 million years ago in what is now Scotland.'

Yup you can add sex to the list of Sottish inventions! Very Happy

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:22 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:'Scientists believe they have discovered the origin of copulation.
An international team of researchers says a fish called Microbrachius dicki (seriously?!) is the first-known animal to stop reproducing by spawning and instead mate by having sex.

'The primitive bony fish, which was about 8cm long, lived in ancient lakes about 385 million years ago in what is now Scotland.'

Why am I not surprised?

I do have to wonder why someone would choose to research the sex lives of prehistoric animals...

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by leelee Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:01 am

Pettytyrant101 wrote:'Scientists believe they have discovered the origin of copulation.

PETTY! What is your mum's number, she needs to have speaks with you. I mean with your brain you thought of this to share with us. eeeeeeew. Laughing
leelee
leelee
Free-est Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:42 am

Its ok Leelee as they were Scottish they went for a smoke and a drink afterwards and didn't bother again for 10 million years.

"It was all right, but I wouldn't like to have to do it more than once every millennia, not as good as buckie as I could remember what I had done afterwards and even her name Mad "- primitive Scottish fish.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:25 pm

I walked into the house after midnight and my wife said, "Where were you?"

"Playing golf."

"What? In the dark?"

"Yeah, I was using night clubs."

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:39 pm

:facepalm: Laughing

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:15 pm

http://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-29729412

Oddities, curiousities and strangness in history - Page 34 _78460308_reconstruction_of_deinocheirus_%28lee%29

In the 1960s, researchers unearthed two gigantic dinosaur arms. For decades, scientists have speculated about what kind of beast they belonged to.

Now, the rest of the dinosaur's body has been unearthed, and researchers say that the creature is even more bizarre than they had thought.

They say it was huge, with a beak, a humped back and giant, hoofed feet.

The study is published in the journal Nature.

Lead researcher Yuong-Nam Lee, from South Korea's Institute of Geoscience and Mineral Resources (Kigam), said: "It turned out to be one of the weirdest dinosaurs, it's weird beyond our imagination."

Slow mover

For half a century, all that was known about this dinosaur was that it had enormous forearms, measuring 2.4m-long (8ft) and tipped with three giant claws.

Its name Deinocheirus mirificus means unusual, horrible hands. In various reconstructions, it has been imagined as anything from a T. rex-type predator grasping at prey with its claws, to a giant, sloth-like climber, using its arms to dangle from trees.

But the discovery of two nearly complete skeletons in Mongolia have finally laid this speculation to rest.

The international research team says the beast was very large, measuring about 11m (36ft) long and weighing six tonnes.

It had an elongated head with a duck-like beak, and a large humped sail on its back.

Its legs were short and stumpy, but its feet were very large with hooves, which would have prevented it from sinking into the boggy wetlands where it lived.

The researchers think that the beast was probably a very slow mover. The contents of its stomach suggest that it ate plants and fish.

Dr Yuong-Nam Lee said: "We did not know their function before, but the long forearms with giant claws may have been used for digging and gathering herbaceous plants in freshwater habitats."

Commenting on the research Prof John Hutchinson, a palaeontologist from the UK's Royal Veterinary College, said: "Many dinosaur fans have seen pictures of the 8ft-long arms and hands, and they really are amazing and wonderful. People were really wondering what the rest of this animal looked like.

"Now we know, and it's just so freaking weird - we never would have expected this animal to look so bizarre.

"It really is shocking to see how many weird features it has. It changes our view of what kind of forms dinosaurs can even take."

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:30 pm

Reminds me about that Terry Pratchett joke about the Creator putting fake fossils in the ground to confuse archeologists. Razz

“down below the mines and sea ooze and fake fossil bones put there by a Creator with nothing better to do than upset archeologists and give them silly ideas.”

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Page 34 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 40  Next