+4
Pettytyrant101
Lancebloke
Mrs Figg
halfwise
8 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Just...................whatever - Page 3 Empty Re: Just...................whatever

Post by Mrs Figg Fri May 26, 2023 7:44 pm

Try taking a teaspoon of honey. that should sooth it.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Just...................whatever - Page 3 Empty Re: Just...................whatever

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue May 30, 2023 9:36 am

{ Thanks Figg, seems to have healed up now thankfully, still a little raw, but only a little, nothing to be too crabbit about. }}

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Jun 08, 2023 12:02 pm

What do you guys think of the UFO thing? seems legit. Shocked

Hey Halfy, hows the air quality going in New York? it looks orange. No
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Thu Jun 08, 2023 12:09 pm

Which UFO claim exactly? There's been a lot, and a lot of debunking as well.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Thu Jun 08, 2023 2:07 pm

Are you talking about this: https://thedebrief.org/intelligence-officials-say-u-s-has-retrieved-non-human-craft/

Yes, seems legit. What's interesting is that the main guy in question actually got Department of Defense clearance to say what he said, and that the people vouching for him supplied their own photos. There seems to be a groundswell among this official investigative community to bring things to light.

This is one of those things that's so big I can't process it enough to emotionally respond. My mind is going "wait for the artifacts...wait for the fuller picture". Very dry response.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Jun 08, 2023 2:36 pm

{{{ Been keeping an eye on this one, interesting thing to me about that story is he is going through official whistleblower channels, the official reponse was that there is no evidence to support his claims, but thats his point, hes whistleblowing on the fact this stuff is being hidden from Congress nested programs within programs to hide it.
He seems more legit than previous folks with similar claims.

But I remain skeptical, mainly because we have perhaps been here before- post WW2 when the Cold War set in America was developing all sorts of covert and stealth aircraft and missiles and the CIA and FBI undertook a delibrate campaign of funding and supplying UFO stories to particulalry the 50's and 60's group of mediums, psychics and others headed by the likes of Uri Geller. The whole thing was to lend credibility and give public profile to explanations for what folk might see in the skies that would divert from the truth, that they were top secret US devices.
I am not so far convinved we are not seeing an update of the same playbook for the internet age.

Stay safe Halfy, been thinking of you as I watch the news of an orange New York, hope youve got a decent mask, and stay indoors when you can till it literally blows over. }}

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Thu Jun 08, 2023 2:48 pm

Staying indoors does nothing unless you have full AC to act as a filter, which I don't.  But this morning has been better, wind has shifted.  Besides I head down to Texas today, which means I'll be dealing with a historic heat wave which I'm much more fearful of than what amounts to breathing the smoke while sitting around a campfire.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Thu Jun 08, 2023 4:15 pm

A friend of mine says she used to look forward to aliens as a little girl, but now that she's grown up and realized what more advanced societies tend to do to less advanced, she's not happy about the idea.  I pointed out that since the aliens seem to be hiding themselves they appear to be applying caution.  And that caution wouldn't come from fear of what we can do to them. I should add that there are tribes in the Amazon that the government takes pains to protect from interaction. I think sufficiently advanced societies grow up.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Jun 08, 2023 7:07 pm

I think the aliens are doing what Star Trek did to those white aliens on the red planet in Into Darkness. Just keeping tabs, but I must say it seems to be taking them an awful long time to figure us out. maybe we are just too weird. How do you explain a Buckie barrel? scratch

the aliens could be millions of years advanced and have no point of reference. even basic emotions and instincts might be..well...alien to them. They might be silicone based or some other substance. They might not make noises to communicate, they might not eat, sleep or reproduce. the concept of happy, sad or fear might be gobbledegook. They might not have limbs or a recognisable head. ... pale alien yikes
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Jul 03, 2023 10:40 am

Is anyone watching the documentary on Channel 4 about the evacuation of Kabul? it's fascinating but terrible obviously.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Mon Jul 03, 2023 11:42 am

On the aliens conversation, I would have thought any civilisation intelligent enough to create these kinds of things:

A) wouldn't be crashing so many of the bloody things
B) would be making more effort to retrieve their stuff (it doesn't seem like they are having issues getting here)
C) would have sufficiently advanced technology to not need to keep getting so close as to crash so many times

I dont really buy it.
Lancebloke
Lancebloke
Tamer and master of Large Metallic Fell Beasts

http://www.lancebloke.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Jul 03, 2023 11:59 am

{{ Though not disagreeing Lance, just for devils advocate-

A) They are meant to crash, or if not crash are considered expendable and disposable. implying they are easy to get here and cheap or easy to manufacture.
B) See point A
C) The majority of stuff we have seen actual miltary evidence of does not seem large enough to be a vessel unless its really small aliens we are dealing with (not impossible I suppose) but more likely they are more akin to drones or probes, these days our drones and stuff have very sophisticated equipment and technology, especially stuff we send at huge expense to other planets and moons, and those are the closest ones, and we still crash them fairly frequently. The universal laws of white noise says if its tech it can and at somepoint inevitably will fail or go wrong.
I'm hugely skeptical too, but not at the pointof outright disbelief yet. }}
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Jul 03, 2023 12:01 pm

{{ Figg not seen that, dont watch live tv, no licence, but its bound to turn up somewhere, whats it called? }}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Jul 03, 2023 3:15 pm

Evacuation
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Mon Jul 03, 2023 6:27 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:{{ Though not disagreeing Lance, just for devils advocate-

A) They are meant to crash, or if not crash are considered expendable and disposable. implying they are easy to get here and cheap or easy to manufacture.
B) See point A
C) The majority of stuff we have seen actual miltary evidence of does not seem large enough to be a vessel unless its really small aliens we are dealing with (not impossible I suppose) but more likely they are more akin to drones or probes, these days our drones and stuff have very sophisticated equipment and technology, especially stuff we send at huge expense to other planets and moons, and those are the closest ones, and we still crash them fairly frequently. The universal laws of white noise says if its tech it can and at somepoint inevitably will fail or go wrong.
I'm hugely skeptical too, but not at the pointof outright disbelief yet. }}

They seem frequent enough that lots of governments have them but not frequent enough that anything has ever hit somewhere to cause undeniable damage. That doesn't work for me.

And yes on the second point, but unless these are being made in a Vietnamese sweat shop then some alien government needs their money back!

Bits of the story individually might make sense but the overall package doesn't.
Lancebloke
Lancebloke

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Mon Jul 03, 2023 6:28 pm

Mrs Figg wrote:Evacuation

Is it a series or just 1?
Lancebloke
Lancebloke

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Jul 04, 2023 10:51 am

its a series, episode 2 was on last night.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Jul 08, 2023 4:00 pm

{{ Im having a disappointed at the world day! Started on a personal note, I was out of town waiting on a bus at a bus stop on the shorefront. There were a few other folk waiting, all adults. And we waited in the drizzle, bored for 10 mins and boarded. But I was thinking of when I was 3/4 and used to go with my mum to her work (cleaning a huge house) and that bus stop was on the shore too, only I was never bored as I was down on the shore exploring.
And I was thinking why am I not still doing that? And beyond social convention I think its because there is nothing new to see there. As a kid even different sorts of rocks were brand new, and overturning one might reveal anything, at that age it was all new, new creatures, new worlds to find.
And I was suddenly hit with a wave of sadness that I couldnt see the world that way again. And never will again.

Then when I got on the bus a young lass got on, nice looking well dressed young girl probably about 15/16. She was on the phone the entire journey and she swore fouly and nonstop. I mean Im prone to a bit of swearing myself, but this was ridiculous. Every other word.

Then on top of that there was a young boy who would not stop pressing the 'stop' bell, angering the driver who had to constently start and stop, and the boys father is sitting right next to him! I despair! }}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sat Jul 08, 2023 5:39 pm

On my last trip I had a run in with two teen aged girls ruining the day's plan on two consecutive days. Won't go into details, but suffice to say the next teenaged girl I bump into I'll just throttle straight off - anything else is just wasting time putting off the inevitable. Doesn't matter if they are relatives of mine (one was), one can't comfortably share a planet with the likes of them. Mad

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Jul 09, 2023 12:19 am

Other people are mostly annoying, that's why I am a misanthrope.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sun Jul 09, 2023 1:26 am

They are MAINLY annoying if they are 15-year-olds to whom the plan for tomorrow has been carefully explained, involving a modestly timed morning start; only to ruin it by only waking up half an hour after you are supposed to have hit the road, having absolutely NO recollection of the schedule which was so carefully laid out for them the night before, made no preparations for such schedule....and I think I'll just stop there before I head out the door in search of teenage girls to throttle in service to greater humanity.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Tue Jul 11, 2023 12:52 am

Oh look Halfwise is talking about choking young women again.

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Tue Jul 11, 2023 3:07 am

Again?

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Jul 11, 2023 9:20 am

{{ Think if I had to teach teenagers there'd be a massacre a day! Can barely stand listening to them go on in the passing let alone stuck in a room full of the annoying little buggers. Mad }}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Tue Jul 11, 2023 10:56 am

Oh but I got lucky, I was teaching physics so saw the best side of them - away from their parents.  I could deal with them as a teacher just fine because they saw me as entertainment.  Lovely little buggers once you get them away from their parents.  But when I finally had to deal with my younger niece the way a parent would I can see where parents end up having absolute conniptions.  Parents of teenagers sort of form support groups, except that there's little in the way of advice; just commiseration.  

The only way to out-think a teenager is to put them in situations where you've been there several times before (with a full sample size of teenagers) so you know the full range of what to expect from them.  But if you're both meeting a situation for the first time they'll run circles around you because they are newly developed human brains firing on all cylinders and will have a creative take on it.  With social reinforcement.  Can't compete with that.

I think Amarie's hitting the first wave of teenager motherdom?

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum