Mrs Figg
Pettytyrant101
Amarië
8 posters

Page 3 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 17  Next

Go down

All New Who - Page 3 Empty Re: All New Who

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Nov 28, 2022 4:28 pm

{{ Capaldi's getting the Lifetime achievement Award from BAFTA Scotland and his speech with some Who references dotted throughout }}

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Tue Dec 06, 2022 7:35 pm

Series 14 started filming yesterday!

So I assume it won't be long until we get Gatwa's costume (and writer/directors for the series) revealed.

On a semi related note I re-watched the first 5 episodes of Series 1 recently, I had forgotten A) Just how brilliant Eccleston was b) How good RTD was at establishing characters/naturalistic dialogue I truly felt like we knew Rose better after 3 episodes than Yaz after 3 series... and c) How dated the early RTD seasons are-that's not necessarily a bad thing but the low key camera work, pop culture references and largely earthbound stories are something of a shock to revisit compared to recent series...will RTD feel the need to ground the series again this time? He's got a much bigger budget and better cameras this time...

Here's hoping RTD's next reinvention of the show is as confident (and hopefully dramatically different this time...I don't want more housing estates. burping bins and pop-culture references...)...

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Dec 06, 2022 8:20 pm

{{ Always liked Eccelston as the Doctor, how he was treated was terrible. RTD's strong point has always been his character writing, in episode one for example never mind Rose we get a more complete sense of who her mother Jackie is in her first couple of very short scenes than any of Chibnall era characters (including the Doctor) over 3 series. Where RTD is not so strong, and often downright bad in my view, is the actual sci-fi story telling and resolutions. Not a fan of his 'mystery boxes' either as they are basically just repeat a phrase every so often throughout a series then address it only in the finale- his first series its "Bad Wolf' and there is some such ('You are not alone', name dropping missing planets) for every one of his series till you get to the very end and its "he will knock four times". Its kindof basic and there are no clues or ways for the audience to work anything out for themselves, its just wait for the finale and youll get an explanation then, up till then its just repeat the catchphrase. }}

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Dec 06, 2022 8:23 pm

{{ Very fun interview to listen to. }}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Dec 07, 2022 12:16 pm

{ Who news- the first full series after the 60th with our new Doctor Ncuti will be only 8 episodes long but will come with a return to the xmas specials, with RTd already written next years and currenty on 2024's xmas ep! RTD is also promising that going ahead there will be no gap years anymore so a sereis a year (makes sense if they are only making 8 in a series) }}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Wed Dec 07, 2022 12:34 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:{ Who news- the first full series after the 60th with our new Doctor Ncuti will be only 8 episodes long but will come with a return to the xmas specials, with RTd already written next years and currenty on 2024's xmas ep! RTD is also promising that going ahead there will be no gap years anymore so a sereis a year (makes sense if they are only making 8 in a series) }}

Hmm not sure if I'm disappointed or pleased? Less episodes means the cast/crew won't risk burnout and it spreads the budget further, but won't this also means less experimental episodes and guest writers? I was hoping RTD would be slightly more hands off this time round and write fewer episodes but with only 9 a year not sure that's likely...I'm glad there won't be any gaps years going forward but only 9 episodes a year dosen't seem like much room for error-what if 1/2 the series is shit?

Tbh I can take or leave the Xmas specials I felt both RTD and Moffat were running out of ideas by the end...

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Dec 08, 2022 7:08 am

{{ I preferred Moffats xmas specials overall but the most watched episode of NuWho is a xmas ep, Voyage of the Damned, not even one Id particularly recommend but it got a very strong 14 million on the day. I think they are generally a good thing as you have on xmas day reach to the entire family from young to old which is where the show should be aiming anyway and it keeps it in the public concious as event TV.

The new TARDIS control room has leaked, and I ratherlike it. This is the concept art-

Spoiler:

And here are stills from actual leaked footage from the new set under construction-

Spoiler:

Of course it wil look bit different once its lit for filming but in general I like the clean, spacious look and the calls to classic TARDIS interior. The central column like the Capaldi era one goes into the ceiling, which I dont mind but I do hope the interior of the column moves up and down which was my only annoyance with the 12ths TARDIS as it didnt only the ceiling part moved. Its also very sparse and unlived in looking and Id hope that changes when they come to filming and it gets a more lived in look more like 10's 11's or 12's interior with book cases, workbenches and general clutter.
Still its head and shoulders better than the last one with Jodie and its dark, dingy cramped space and plastic looking pillars. }}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Thu Dec 08, 2022 12:08 pm

Too grey.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Dec 08, 2022 1:44 pm

Very retro
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Dec 08, 2022 2:35 pm

Too grey.- Halfy

{{ well its still under construction and doesnt have the lighting it will have for filming, which can dramtically change things. As Figg notes it very retro- heres the 1st Doctors TARDIS set-

All New Who - Page 3 TARDIS-console-First-1st

All New Who - Page 3 Tardis-interior-1

If you look at 12's interior, my personal favourite out of NuWho you can see how the mood can be easily be changed with just shifts in lighting (also useful for conveying the TARDIS's mood) -

All New Who - Page 3 9z1p2tezxk541

All New Who - Page 3 0744768e2b5f16287d1b412d10cec8f3

All New Who - Page 3 TARDISinterior-TH

Once its all lit Im sure it will seem less grey.}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Dec 17, 2022 8:16 pm

{{ The 15th Doctor and new companion Ruby in costume. Quite a traditional look in some ways bar the orange for the Doctor, and both in sensible boots for all the running down corridors  Nod }} -

All New Who - Page 3 Doctor-who-e464

All New Who - Page 3 414198-f2340c3

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sat Dec 17, 2022 8:55 pm

I don't get any real vibe off the garb. But in NuWho that's not really a thing, is it? Nothing to compare to Tom Baker's scarf, Pertwee's ruffles, Colin Baker's ...err....leprechaun. You're not gonna be picking NuWho Doctors out of a crowd.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Dec 18, 2022 5:41 am

{{ I dunno, I think all the Doctors have a distinct individual look, including nuwho. It was really only 4, 6 and 7 that were outrageously dressed, the rest were more just quirkily attired.

All New Who - Page 3 Dedyfbr-3810831b-7712-4895-bf1b-deb81f441515

What I am getting from all this is a sense of playing it safe, of trying to calm the fan base with a so far very traditional version of Who- the TARDIS is very classic looking, the companion is another white blonde lass, the Doctors outfit has echoes of the past in the tweed and the boots but isnt too over the top, its all giving off very traditional by the numbers Who vibes. }}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Dec 18, 2022 4:21 pm

For costumes my fave is 8.

are there any Christmas specials coming up, I haven't bothered to look. which shows how meh! I feel No
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Dec 18, 2022 6:45 pm

{{ No, I think schedule is nothing till the 60th next November, then we get a 3 part special with 10 and Donna back, then thats followed by a return of the xmas day episode, which presuambly will also be Ncuti's first full episode, but after that not so clear. Not clear if the xmas epiosde will also be ep 1 of the new series or another stand alone speical with the new series following in 2024 sometime. }}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Dec 25, 2022 7:00 pm

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Dec 26, 2022 4:41 pm

*sigh* if only this was the New New Who. cheers bounce It was great until the last second. No
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Dec 26, 2022 10:14 pm

{{ Whats wrong with last second? Ncuti? Im looking forward to seeing his take on the Doctor, a lot more than I am Tennant doing it again.

Going on that trailer it would seem we are getting, at least in part, an adaptation of the 1980 Doctor Who comic story Star Beast.

Given this may then be spoilery decide if you want to read on for a very quick breakdown of that compared to the trailer-

Spoiler:

It will be interesting just in that this is only the second time the show has based an episode on an exisiting story from elsewhere in the Who world- the last was two parter Family of Blood originally taken from a book starring the 7th Doctor, now it worked really well as an episode and is considered one of the best stories of the Tennant era, even if it was more shocking with the much less human 7th than it was adapted for Tennants very human already 10. But that episode was adapted by the books author, this isnt, this is the first adaptation I can think of of RTD's Ive seen (has he ever adapted another work before?). But he is likewise taking a story written for a different Doctor (4 in this case) and rewritting it for a new Doctor. So will be interesting to see if lightening can strike twice.

add-
Spoiler:
}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Dec 27, 2022 4:56 pm

Well if that's the first second we see of the new Doctor, it didn't inspire me.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:47 am

{{ I would doubt it is, more likely they picked it as the line he says sums up what the viewer is supposed to be also thinking- why is Tennant back? Why is Donna back? What the hell is going on here?! So seems quite a suitable choice to me in this context.}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Thu Dec 29, 2022 7:06 am

Boooooo the new Doctor booooooo
lol

Nice to see our boy Tennant for a bit. Donna can bugger off, as always. Laughing

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Dec 29, 2022 3:29 pm

Je suis Donna. Suspect
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Fri Dec 30, 2022 2:27 am

You're Donna Noble from the show Doctor Who?

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Dec 30, 2022 3:35 pm

No. Not really. Suspect But I am a stroppy cow like Donna Noble. Nod
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Dec 30, 2022 5:10 pm

{{ silent Sofa }}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 17  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum