Mrs Figg
Pettytyrant101
halfwise
Forest Shepherd
azriel
14 posters

Page 18 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next

Go down

Just...................whatever - Page 18 Empty Re: Just...................whatever

Post by Mrs Figg Sun May 23, 2021 5:18 pm

Hey Petty was that you who had a birthday yesterday?, I thought it was in March, scratch but I am pretty sure there was a Petty Tyrant yesterday. Maybe I am seeing things and it was a different account.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Just...................whatever - Page 18 Empty Re: Just...................whatever

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun May 23, 2021 7:54 pm

{{ ah no, easy mistake to make Figg- that was Pretty Tyrant, my sisters birthday. She got her usual presents, new boobs, new lips and her 12th husband and a supsicous new plot of ground outside the barrel about the size of the 11th husband! }}

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun May 23, 2021 8:30 pm

What a Face nice!
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Sun May 23, 2021 11:25 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:and the UK got a big fat zero- Figg

{{ We are so loved in Europe these days! Laughing }}

I only remember there was a UK song because the singer reminded me of someone.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon May 24, 2021 4:09 pm

Getting Nul Points is probably very symbolic. No
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon May 24, 2021 4:22 pm

{{ Question for a Fjordian, well a Fjordian who buys salmon. Was looking at the package of some salmon today, and we have a lot of salmon famrs round here so expected it to be local. But rather it said 'farmed in Scotland, Norway and Iceland.' So I am curious if you buy salmon in Fjordian parts does it say same? }}

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Mon May 24, 2021 11:18 pm

Mrs Figg wrote:Getting Nul Points is probably very symbolic. No

Maybe, there is always some political stuff involved. But I have tsome are there wice tried to watch the UK song again and I loose interest very quickly and can't finish. Maybe as just a song on the radio. But this is the ESC.

Edit: not that I remember much of the other countries either or bother looking them up to hear again. Perhaps if I had given some interest to the semi finals and such I'd have more to base on than first time viewer thoughts.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Tue May 25, 2021 7:47 am

As for the salmon... It does seem a bit odd. If it was one side of salmon I would expect to see where it came from. A pack of cod nuggets I have says it's wild fish caugth by trawl in the northeast Altantic and produced in the Netherlands. Rules say fish and meat should be labeled where it grew up, so to speak, and where it was processed into the final product.

In other news: I have Tix's fallen angel stuck in my head. Banghead

-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Tue May 25, 2021 11:41 am

"North Atlantic" would seem a better way to label it than "Scotland, Norway and Iceland". Being you know, that they're fish.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Tue May 25, 2021 2:32 pm

Yeah, but fish farms don't move about.

-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Tue May 25, 2021 2:40 pm

Ah, and not outside controlled waters either.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:24 pm

watched 5 minutes of the Channel 5 Anne Boleyn mini series, Anne is now black for random reasons. it is really bad. I mean really bad. Bad acting, bad costumes, bad extras just standing around being West Indian n' stuff. Laughing
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:45 pm

This is what happens when you start checking boxes.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:06 am

{{ Um just to show my complete ignorance of mobile phones, but do you need a sim to have a phone number? Or does the phone have a number that stays same even if you get a new sim, or um, dont have one at all? }}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed Jun 09, 2021 12:57 pm

Sim carries all your personal data, including phone number.  You have to activate the new phone by providing both the sim and phone ID to the service provider - otherwise you could just steal a phone, slip your sim in it and go. You CAN just slip your sim into a new phone and use it an an offline device...not sure if you can use wifi or not without activating the phone via a service provider: I think it may be in activation only mode but I'm not sure.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Jun 09, 2021 1:04 pm

{{ I hate them! Evil or Very Mad All I want it for is so paypal can send me a verification text to set up an account Mad I can use th ephone online with wifi- done that before, but I need a number so they can send the text to it.}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed Jun 09, 2021 1:07 pm

Hmm...you are locked out of a lot of two factor security verification without a second device. You can use a friend's phone...the verification only takes a couple minutes.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Jun 09, 2021 3:08 pm

All I know is that you get the sim card from your provider and you put it in your phone, the phone number is on the sim I guess so in theory you can use the sim card for another phone and it would have your original phone number on it. without the sim the phone wont have any phone number.  Shrugging  I dont have a smart phone just an ordinary early 1990s Nokia but I get the passcodes ok, I get passcodes from Amazon, my bank and other stuff, they send the passcodes in a text message, nothing too fancy. even I can understand text messages. Laughing they alert you when it happens, normally its a series of numbers.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed Jun 09, 2021 4:33 pm

Unless you travel a lot or live in a complicated city there's not much reason for a smart phone account, though they have dropped to a very reasonable $14/month around here. Probably worth paying for one month if you are making a trip. Otherwise sit tight.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Jun 09, 2021 6:17 pm

I will probably get one one day, wouldn't want to get suckered into 24/7 scrolling though.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed Jun 09, 2021 6:50 pm

I find them too small to use the internet for browsing, only for looking things up that I need. Most of my scrolling is deleting spam. I may read but rarely respond to email on my phone. Youngsters seem to prefer surfing the interweb on their phone, even if they have a laptop nearby. I don't comprehend that. It's too small to see easily and slow to type.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:01 pm

yeah I hate typing on a smart phone, its fiddly and my fingers seem too big.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:21 am

Yes Nod

Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:45 pm

Getting more used to typing on the tablet, Dave? It never feels the same without physical feedback.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldy Sat Jun 12, 2021 1:32 am

I still often do regular typing by tapping out of habit, but I've found that gesture typing (aka swipe typing) is easier in many ways. You just use one finger, sliding it across the screen from the position of one letter to the next. It has the same predictive function as regular typing. If it guesses wrongly, and the word you were trying for doesn't show up in the suggestions, you can just hit backspace once and try the word again. You don't have to hit the space bar between words, though hitting it twice adds a period, as usual. It can take a bit to adjust, and you might have to relearn the muscle memory of where to find each letter on the keyboard (unless you've always been the sort to look at the keyboard as you type, I guess), but it might be worth it, especially for people who feel their screen is too small. It's been a built-in feature of Android since 2012 and was added to iOS in 2019, so it no longer requires downloading third-party virtual keyboard software.
Eldy
Eldy
Loremistress Emerita

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum