Pettytyrant101
azriel
Mrs Figg
12 posters

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

All New Who - Page 37 Empty Re: All New Who

Post by Forest Shepherd Fri Jul 22, 2022 4:35 am

Mrs Figg wrote:Sounds like RTD has been captured by the identity politics hysterics on twitter. Well we know he has by his casting choices. he has gone balls deep in woke. Shame.
Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation

Pettytyrant wrote: 'Grant Morrison said that he's always loved Doctor Who, especially Steven Moffat's run writing the series.'
Well there goes his credibility!

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Jul 22, 2022 11:14 am

{{ Moffat seems to be somewhat of a writers writer. Actors too, though obvious why so there, he writes good dialogue for them to say and he writes memorable characters- Cpt Jack, River Song, Jenny, Vastra and Strax, Osgood etc that have a lease of life of their own and keep their actors playing the parts and earning the money long after Moffat has gone. Actors love folk that give them work.}}

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Fri Jul 22, 2022 12:06 pm

Can't argue with that. Can argue about details, can argue about what was written. But the man can write. Nod

As for RTD woke soked balls, well, his balls should be. I imagine he has connections to skilled people of all kinds, and that's a good thing. I expect him to woke the way it's meant to be. Which is basically... here's a story about some people and maybe some daleks. Of course there's Capt Jack so who knows what.. wait Moffat made capt Jack? The idea of capt Jack is good I suppose, but it got out of hand imo.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Fri Jul 22, 2022 2:39 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:{{he writes memorable characters- Jenny, Vastra and Strax, Osgood}}
Suspect No
(we need a barfing emoticon)

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Jul 22, 2022 3:02 pm

Forest Shepherd wrote:
Pettytyrant101 wrote:{{he writes memorable characters- Jenny, Vastra and Strax, Osgood}}
Suspect No
(we need a barfing emoticon)

Agreed. We do.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Fri Jul 22, 2022 4:54 pm

I might be able to add one if I make a bit of effort. But only if you find one that cleans up after itself. I suspect it will be used a lot.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Jul 29, 2022 12:00 pm

{{ In memory of Bernard Cribbins, six minutes of Wilf }}

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Jul 29, 2022 12:59 pm

{{ Forget the above vid, watch this one instead, its from Margarita Life, and no one does Who fan vids as well as her I hope she is keeping as safe as is possible in Ukraine }}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Fri Jul 29, 2022 5:41 pm

RIP Wilf, you deserved a less annoying granddaughter. Crying or Very sad

Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Fri Jul 29, 2022 5:46 pm

RIP Wilf Sad

-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Jul 31, 2022 10:05 am

{{ Well, um, -

'Neil Patrick Harris has revealed that Ncuti Gatwa’s Doctor will be “sexier”.
“I got to meet and interact with him a bit and he’s glorious! He’ll be the first gay Doctor, which is going to be super cool, a sexier Doctor.”'

Ok, now to be fair it is possible he is not referring to the character of the Doctor but to Ncuti himself, who if he is not gay he needs to have a word with his tailor.

On the other-hand I've always postulated that RTD wanted his Doctor to be gay and Rose to be a gay male companion the first time, and that it's largely still written that way, especially Rose's character. So perhaps RTD is going to have an openly gay Doctor this time and a
Spoiler:
for the romance with the Doctor story, and basically redo what he did before, but a lot more gay this time. Shrugging

My personal view on this is the same as it was with 10/Rose and 11/Clara- I prefer it when the Doctor does not have romantic interest in their companions. It muddies the waters, I find it uncomfortable given the usually massive gap in age, knowledge, intellect and authority between the Doctor and almost anyone else thats not another Time Lord.
But mainly it's just not what I ever watched Who for, it didn't happen in classic that was about the stories, the adventures in Time and Space the excitement, the ideas, the scares and the tears.
Its why I love the 10/Donna era more than any other RTD era. It's why I love the Capaldi era so much. There is clearly love there just nor romantic love. And instead you get mutual respect and understanding of one another, a sense of Doctor and companions being equal.
So basically I'm with 12 when he says the rules on the TARDIS are, "No being sick. And no hanky-panky." Nod And I think that rule should be especially true of the Doctor themselves in any incarnation.}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Jul 31, 2022 12:11 pm

I dont want a 'sexy' Doctor. I don't want all this identity politics bullshit. I just want great sci-fi stories without RTD's frankly disappointing and boring agenda. Just leave the platforming to twitter rants please.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Sun Jul 31, 2022 2:39 pm

Oh dear.. This doesn't sound too promising...

-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Jul 31, 2022 4:05 pm

{{ In an attempt to show some optimism RTD did write us character scenes like this (and in memory of Cribbens who along with Tennant gives a fantastic performance in this scene, and typical of Cribbens who along with suggesting Wilf shoot a Dalek in the eye stalk with a paint gun also suggested the bit about Palestine, where in real life a young Bernard Cribbens fought)

and also consider it at least it should be well made. Not only with Sony Studious involvement but also director Rachel Talalay is back for at least the 60th on directing duties, and equally promising they have got rid of the Chibnal era editor whose work included Orphan 55 and the Sea Devils one, whose editing is so shockingly bad I still find it hard to understand how they made it to screen in such a state. The new fellow is actually a rehire with an extensive list of quality Who episodes under his belt like Turn Left, Heaven Sent and World Enough and Time as well as the only good imo Torchwood episodes, Children of Earth. And best of all thanks to having worked on episodes like Heaven Sent he and Tatalay are already familiar working together and proved the results bear fruit.

And one last bit of good news, Akinola and his forgettable soundtracks are gone, he made a decent stab at the main theme, and the Doctors theme is not bad it's just not very useful in an actual episode, but the rest was not even noticeable and did nothing to help characterize people or make scenes memorable or provide any backing to the few rousing 13 Doctor moments leaving them even flatter than the writing.
No news on who is replacing him yet, or if Murray Gold is returning, but we shall see.

So not all bad news. }}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Jul 31, 2022 4:13 pm

Murray Gold would be fantastic.

Also I am a big fan of RTD as you all know. But that was 10 years ago, and since then he seems to have doubled down on the woo woo and been captured by Stonewall. Whatever, nothing will be as bad as Chibbers.
My main gripe is that a 'sexy' Doctor is not age appropriate for children. Its perfectly ok for adults, and Paul McGann was a very romantic Doctor, but he was also quite innocent and didn't mince about in chest baring Borat playsuits.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Aug 08, 2022 8:25 pm

{{ Another of those recent RTD quotes to drop here and then walk away from!

"It takes a lot of nerve and a lot of work to love Doctor Who, I think. I'm gonna be really bold now and say you've got to be cleverer than the normal viewer. You've got to take more of a risk, you've gotta invest in it. Because you've got to fill those gaps where it's looking cheap or it's looking poor.
It's a very imaginative act to watch Doctor Who, and I think gay people are better and cleverer and more imaginative than anyone else!"
- Russell T Davies

I dont think however this sort of thing is helping heal divisions in the fan base and I find myself wishing RTd would maybe just shut up now and get on with making good Who. }}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:16 pm

"It's a very imaginative act to watch Doctor Who, and I think gay people are better and cleverer and more imaginative than anyone else!"

I am starting to dislike him. Suspect He needs to button it.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Tue Aug 09, 2022 3:39 am

"To be fair, it requires a high IQ to understand Doctor Who. And sex with multiple men increases IQ greatly!"

-RTD next week, probably.

Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Aug 09, 2022 12:04 pm

{{ Laughing I can only assume at this point RTD is either delibretly trolling or he's lost the plot a bit. }}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Aug 09, 2022 2:04 pm

It is identity politics gone nuts. Mad Having same sex relationships does not make you a genius. Well apart from Leonardo da Vinci, and Michelangelo of course.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Aug 09, 2022 2:09 pm

{{ If it was that easy to become a genius I'd be bent over clinging onto my ankles and thinking of Scotland! Shocked }}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Aug 09, 2022 2:22 pm

Laughing yikes
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:16 am

big yikes

Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed Aug 10, 2022 1:26 am

Interesting, I just found out a couple Dr Who movies were made in the 60's with Peter Cushing as the Doctor. Never heard any mention of it here. Any good?

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed Aug 10, 2022 1:58 am

Blech.  Watched about 20 minutes so far.  By any measure Peter Cushing should make an excellent Doctor: he's got the sharpness, the authority.  But instead he was made to play him as a sweet grandfatherly type.  A total and complete waste of Peter Cushing.  And the dialogue lacks all that makes Dr Who watchable.  For example, when the Doctor and a companion see a flying saucer, they say

Doctor: "Remarkable!"
Companion: "It's a flying saucer."
Doctor: "An apt description."

Proper Who Dialogue would have been

Doctor: "Remarkable!"
Companion: "It's a flying saucer!  Amazing!"
Doctor: "Pedestrian.  What's remarkable is the counterclockwise rotation: that model didn't come out until 2367."

So it's a double waste.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum