Pettytyrant101
azriel
Mrs Figg
12 posters

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Go down

All New Who - Page 11 Empty Re: All New Who

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:58 pm

{{ As I said to Nagual an interesting take on things that seems a tale of comfort for our troubled times. And Moffat writes 13 better than Chibnal and his team do, its clearly her, its her voice and style, but the babble isnt pointless for once or out of character and her hearts are in the right places, not morally all over the bloody place- its way more Jodies Doctor than anything weve seen on screen. And she sounds more like her own Doctor and less like a Tennant/Smith mash up. }}

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:48 pm

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Apr 12, 2020 2:20 am

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Apr 12, 2020 12:18 pm

{{ So yesterday was the Doctor's Wife for global Who, and Neil Gaiman who wrote the episode provided some interesting stuff along the way on his twitter for it- }}

This is so exciting! I remember describing the junkyard planet  as The Totters Lane at the End of the Universe in the script..

Question to Gaiman-I could've sworn that there was a variation of that TARDIS junkyard scene where Idris snaps her fingers and all the chameleon circuits slowly flicker off.
It's a haunting image. I can't figure out if it was a discarded shot for a trailer or imagined based on a comment/fic/dream.

Gaiman- It existed, and was shot, but we ran out of CGI budget, iirc.

This is also from an early draft, from when #BiggerOnTheInside was meant to be in Season 5, and Rory had gone from the universe, along with their engagement, and it was the original ending. The ending we have is better, but I miss the Amy conversation and the daisy chain

(In response to the fact the TARDIS console 11 builds from the junkyard was a design by a competion winner on a kids tv show) It also meant that Blue Peter gave us the money in the budget we needed to build the junk TARDIS.

"Petrichor" is a word I loved for a thing I love, and I delighted in telling it to people.

Of course he doesn't have a room. The TARDIS is his room.

Bunk beds. That was a line I wrote because I wanted to hear Matt say it.

We added the final goodbye scene at producer Beth's request, mostly to make it clear that Idris wouldn't ever come back. That this was it. I wrote it. And then Matt and Suranne made people cry. Including us.

I asked Steven Moffat for a line that the TARDIS could tell Rory. He gave me one. I didn't know what it meant...

And @michaelsheen
is the best of evil villainous disembodied voices. "Fear me..."

LOVE THIS SCENE SO MUCH. Steven Moffat added Amy's "Did you wish really hard?" which makes it 1000 times better!

I had the idea and the plot early enough that I could ask them to not disassemble the original  Ecclestone/Tennant TARDIS set. They had to lie to everyone about why it was still there.

Rory and the Zero Room. I remember writing a few different versions of this. In one of them Rory levitated, but budget reasons took us down to this, and then budget reasons took our room away...

There was a version of this where Rory and Amy were a few moments apart, and trapped in time, for example.

I wrote so many Rory and Amy adventures inside the TARDIS. Most of them were defeated by budget. One of them was defeated because at the time @karengillan
couldn't swim.

Headcanon: the TARDIS takes the Doctor where he needs to be, not where he wants to go. Since I was about six or seven. So I finally wrote it down.

Matt Smith is such an excellent actor. "I had an umbrella like you". There's a Doctor Who reference..

I was so grateful to @michaelsheen
for making House work. Even under the Voice Treatment, the acting is glorious.

Nephew as an Ood was a budget decision. He was meant to be a patchwork creature, but we didn't have the money to make it. So I was offered anything we already had in stock. It had to be an Ood.

The idea that the Corsair had regenerated as men and women was something that turned up in a draft and I expected Steven Moffat to strikethrough. I was so glad he left it in, and look how it grew?...

I just liked the idea that it eventually would double the number of potential people who could play the Doctor...

"Scrumptious little beauty" -- I'd been awed as a boy by the time lord message box thing in THE WAR GAMES..

{{and heres some of those other bits of script- note these were written for when the episode was meant to be in series 5 not 6, so Rory was gone at this point and the explosion in Sace and Time causing the Cracks in the Universe was the main arc. }}

All New Who - Page 11 EVTZLQt-UUAAXP1-E

All New Who - Page 11 EVTZLQw-U8-AA-zde

All New Who - Page 11 EVTZLQu-U0-AAl-ECa

All New Who - Page 11 EVTZLQw-Uw-AEYksl

All New Who - Page 11 EVT9qw7-Uw-AAQT1-S

All New Who - Page 11 EVT9qw7-VAAAJNGN

All New Who - Page 11 EVT9qw-Uc-AAa-TAS

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Apr 14, 2020 6:43 pm

All New Who - Page 11 EVl-I-U8-Wo-AUTx-WH

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Apr 15, 2020 12:15 pm

{{ Bunch of tweets from the watch of Heaven Sent.

First lot from Moffat himself, and then Rachel Talalay the director. }}

Steven Moffat

Background 1. It's an odd episode, so why do it all? I think it's generally liked, but two good friends have confided to me that they don't like it all (still my friends) and to be honest, there was probably quite a lot of "Will Dr Who be back on next week, Mummy?" #HellofaBird
Steven Moffat

BG2. So here's why. In 2014 I'd been writing Doctor Who for ten years, with then three seasons as showrunner. There were challenges enough, God knows, but I wanted to set myself some writing challenges. As showrunner, here's what you mainly write ... #HellofaBird

BG3 Ep 1s. Bombastic, highly sugared restatements of the show. It's back and it's loud and there's running!! Usually incredibly popular at the time, before fading quickly in the memory. Chocolate basically. Love ep 1s and (radical) every ep1 of Modern Who is superb. #HellofaBird

BG4. Finales. Great fun. It's the END OF THE UNIVERSE. Again. But WORSE. Ep1 finally gets out-bombasted. Writing at the top of your lungs for most of the second part. #HellofaBird

BG5. Christmas. It's the most Christmassy Christmas ever. Or rather it's Dr Who with a bit more Christmas. Maybe cos they're more "reluctant viewer friendly" these tend to divide the fans from non-fans - non-fans liking them way more! Divide clearest on Dr Mysterio. #HellofaBird
Steven Moffat

BG6. And of course there was always the endless rewriting and fixing and now and then you'd pop up mid-season with a basic bit of arc-maintenance - so eventually I missed just writing an episode. Esp quirky departures from the beaten path like I'd done for Russell. #HellofaBird

BG7 So with Capaldi I gave myself mid-season "experimental" episodes. Listen (the Dr once said "fear itself is largely an illusion"), Extremis (is the Dr smart enough to realise he's fictional - he wished us Merry Xmas once) and Heaven Sent - Dr No(body else.) #HellofaBird

Now whether this was a writer's craven vanity or an attempt to push the boundaries of the show (or both probably) I think it resulted in some pretty good episodes (YMMV obvs) and I think this is probably the best of them.

Always had this idea that the Dr jumps off the building before he figures out how he's going to survive the fall - he can't really concentrate till he's about to die (see the stellar cliffhanger of ep 1 of The Creature From The Pit.) This is me unpacking that.

And Doctor Who glances at the camera. He KNOWS. He KNOWS he’s in a TV show. Clever Doctor Who!!

The Doctor's red cuff button. Signature touch from Ray Holman, who also stitched red into Sherlock's lapel button hole. And you think I didn't notice, Ray! #hellofabird

My son, Joshua, told me about a dream he had: there was tiny slug-like creature somewhere in the world. It was very far away and very slow, but it was inching closer to him all the time, and when it finally arrived he knew it would kill him. The origin of Veil.

I have a memory that we didn't think the patch of dug earth the Doctor found was big enough. So we extended it digitally. We were aware - even then, I think - that this would one day be the DULLEST ANECDOTE EVER. Wake up! No, come back, COME BACK!!!

This TARDIS set. The best of the lot, I'm calling it, sorry. The genius work of the late Michael Pickwoad. The collective IQ of the human race dropped twenty points when he left us, and everything got a bit less kind.

Well this is a strange bit of telly, isn’t it? I mean, good, though.

It’s all the days they stay dead. That’s not bad.

Hell is just heaven for bad people. Added that line in ADR to justify the title (though really it’s Clara who is heaven sent.)

Compare and contrast: what the Dr THINKS Clara would say to him (get up off your arse and win) and what the real Clara says in Hell Bent (why would you do that to yourself?) Weird thing - the best scene in Heaven Sent is in Hell Bent (Dr and Clara in the cloisters.)

The skull was actually based on Peter's head. That's an authentic Capaldi skull (what a lovely keepsake for him!) In moments of advanced delusion we worried the skull would too recognisable. Look, we were working HARD, okay? #hellofabird

And that was Capaldi’s face dissolving into his own skull - hell of a thing to do to your pal!

Our brilliant editor Will Oswald pointed out to me that there'd be no point in the Dr constantly writing BIRD in the dust because it would still be there from last time. Quite right. Damn. So we faked up the dust being blown (so erasing the words) in post production.

Love the Clara reveal. As scripted and shot, we see Jenna from the moment she starts talking. But I fell in love with Rachel's shot of Clara's hand to the Doctor's face, and we moved it there. Ooh, she's not just a Voice Over.

We're into Murray's finest moment! And that's saying something. All The Strange, Strange Creatures, This Is Gallifrey, Doomsday, I Am The Doctor ... but The Shepherd's Boy tops the lot. You may have a different opinion - I'm fine with you being wrong.

Peter Capaldi 1 Well, look. I think this is Dr Who's best composer's best work - thankyou Murray Gold - Dr Who's best director's best work - thanks Rachel - but what can we say about Peter Capaldi? First, lets be be clear. There's no such thing as the BEST Doctor..
PC2. All the Doctors are too good for ranking them to mean anything at all. I mean, think of your least favourite. Whatever you think of them, you could not - in all sanity - call them less than an excellent actor. Because they are all exactly that .
PC3 No one is going to be more inventive than Troughton, more charismatic than Tom, more charming and funny than David, more goofy-yet-wise than Matt, more instantly beguiling ("Oh, brilliant!") than Jodie etc (I could do them all) - those possibilities don't exist..
PC4 Every sane Dr Who fan in the world (there are four of them, I made a list) knows that you could and should change your favourite Doctor every day. Sometimes twice a day. Why not, are you BUSY??
PC5 But if a case had to be made for the best single performance by a Doctor, I'd make it for Peter in Heaven Sent. Astonishing. If Doctor Who became a real person, I think the Doctor would be Peter Capaldi. It's his birthday today. Happy 12th birthday, Doctor Who!!

There may be other badass heroes, I suppose. But only Doctor Who deliberately times a story over 4.5 billion years of self harm and self-immolation just to maximise the impact of the final cuff-shoot-and-quip. #hellofabird indeed. As he walks away: "I hope someone was WATCHING!!"

Well that was good, I thought. And what a choice for a lockdown viewing. Keep banging on that diamond wall - no, don’t, stay home and stay safe.

Originally, in script and shooting, Peter delivered his final "Bird" as he smashed the wall for the last time with his fist. Didn't quite work. A little time later we reshot so that he turns and delivers the last line once the wall is down. Better. Cooller.

Rachal Talalay (Director)

Just taking a moment to thank the entire history of #DoctorWHo for leading up to this.

blood -- in doctor who!

My understanding was that Steven originally pitched this idea as Capaldi alone in a haunted house with weeping angels.

Welcome, all to #HelluvaScript, yah! #HelluvaPerformance Bow down to @StevenWMoffat
#PeterCapaldi #HellOfABird

After reading the first 10 pages of the script, it was clear the entire budget was blown. And so…onwar.. with the help of Pete Bennet and Brian Minchin — “there is no crying in filmmaking”…NO letting the Moff down.

When they first told me it was a one-hander, I thought they were kidding. duh!

i had to convince the prods that "I will never ever stop" was the place for the titles. They were later in the script

Steven’s instructions were ‘make it beautiful, make it scary” And no source of light, except
the scripted firelight in the drying room.

We shot in Cardiff Castle, Caerphilly Castle and sets by the brilliant Michael Pickwoad. A lot of work to make the connections seamless. From one step to the next might be a set to a location, even within script sentences.

So, the first 10 pages of the script were so huge and complicated, they felt like the whole budget. It was a major challenge to figure out an affordable version, all very piranesi

Cinematographer @StuartBiddlecombe, Assistant Director Scott Bates and I did a photo trek to Cardiff Castle for those still frames. I have a gorgeous coffee-table books worth of shots

Oh, those flies. We bought rubber and plastic flies and tested them on fishing wire. We tried raisins. First AD Scott Bates was full of ideas - the fly-guy. He is the best!

I believe michael Pickwoads daughter did the clara portrait.

the veil - described in script as a beekeeper #HellOfABird
this idea was suggested by Ben Pickles

The Bedroom. PeterCapaldi rehearsed the old woman story with gravity and pathos. it was beautiful scary and emotional. He was surprised when I asked him to try the scene with humour. But he loves experimenting. It was delightful

we shot some of those falling closes up with Peter lying on a table. the producers of Lego Movie were visiting. I felt very Roger Corman.

We spent the better part of a day doing lighting tests in the tardis — yeah! whomp! Beat that!

I had some experience with faking water effects particularly after Dark Water.

The Doctor falling. Ben Pickles (VFX and titles on current series) helped us design a falling rig
so Peter didn’t have to be on wires and gravity was on our side

i wanted to keep tension in the kitchen - with the pots and pans rattling. All about textures. the small stuff.

Steven originally scripted the Garden as formal/classical. We had to dig the grave and we couldn’t find a garden that would allow that. I asked about a scragging horror film garden. (Roger Corman in me?) Scarier.

Peter did a rehearsal of all the scene in the garden in Tom Baker’s voice. Obviously I wish i had that on film.

One of my visual references for Steven was German Expressionism #HellOfABird
we did a lot of illogical things with light and shadow. It made the gaffer hesitate…
but then embrace surreal.

the digging/garden scene was longer. We had Peter digging A LOT. Some back breaking..

Jenna was off during some of this material and we had to double her back. It didn't look great, so the genius grader, @GarethSpensley
found other shots of her and cut her out and out her in the frame

That line “The day you lose someone is not the worst…it’s all the days they stay dead.” Breaks me every time. [Miss you, Michael Pickwoad.]

There were some script changes in this area. I remember A LOT of skull shots and more running around Cardiff castle.
Caerphilly shoot day was near impossible. 7 sets — peter wet and dry. carrying stone cogs up single staircases. Drone shots. I was a wreck. I just wanted that table/soup scene which we had to shoot last. I was sure we’d run out of time - so stressful.

Colorist @GarethSpensley
built the shadow for the sliding door, because we couldn’t afford it on the set. Big shoutout to his genius.

yes, we did cast Peter's face for that skull.

Shout out to Mark McQuoid, Camera Operator extraordinaire— especially for helping me work out lensing in the black corridor and the azbantium arches — we laughed

And Murray Gold’s score. !!!!!!!! He saw the episode, called me and I don’t remember what he said because
Murray NEVER calls a director. Never. So that said it all. That AND his stunning work. Also the BBC Wales Orchestra and live musicians. Magic.

I think Peter was punching his high school PE teachers, frankly....

we shot all the tardis scenes in the first 3 days -- even bigger shout-out to Peter Capaldi's genius!

there's a edit in the closeups in this moment that breaks every editing rule -- and i love it. Will Oswald!

i knew Peter would break his hand after the tardis smashing in S08. Challenges.

Let’s talk about editor Will Oswald…. that montage! Just that! sublime. He lost the Welsh Bafta to a sports documentary. WTH.

Also note Will Oswald temped the episode with Beethoven. It was almost as good as Murray Gold’s score (insert emoji)

some of the burned face tests were truly horrifying.

Loved making Peter drag himself through the castellations of Cardiff Castles. The glamour!

Steven doubted the script was actually makable. He was even more sure it was a disaster after the
first weekly assembly was a mess of partial scenes and incomplete moments. (I never watch those)
He only told me that AFTER the episode was working. phew.

can't type anymore. too absorbed in the writing and performance.

for the montage, to make sure we had enough variety of shots, Scott Bates had to create his own numbering system. Sometimes only he and I understood what was going on. Or maybe we didn't.

The final scenes in Fuerteventura were shot during #HellBent We did a 24 hour location recce, flew 2000 miles, scouted, flew back home 5am. Immigration officials suspicious ‘no one goes to the canary islands for 24 hours”.

to test the Veil disintegrating, we popped helium balloons that were in the costume

Thank you @StevenWMoffat
for giving me this opportunity and challenge and ultimately my best piece of work (to date).

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Apr 16, 2020 3:32 pm

{{Great to see William Russell back for this too- for those who dont know he played Ian Chesterton, alongside Barabera he was the first companion on the show with the 1st Doctor and Susan way back in 1963. }}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Thu Apr 16, 2020 5:41 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:

{{Great to see William Russell back for this too- for those who dont know he played Ian Chesterton, alongside Barabera he was the first companion on the show with the 1st Doctor and Susan way back in 1963. }}

Thanks for reminding me to order a copy of this Wink

Wonder if Susan will regenerate is this set...

Wow, William Russell is 95?!!

IIRC he recorded his part in this set a couple of years ago, most likely his final acting performance.

Apparently Tom Baker has already recorded lots of Big Finish stories years ahead of their release-another six or seven season's worth last I read (assuming BF is keeping the same release schedule, some of these stories won't be released until 2026-27!), and it was also confirmed a while back they have already started writing/recording for a special story to mark Dr Who's 60th Anniversary in 2023...

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Thu Apr 16, 2020 5:49 pm

It's hard to picture any of the other Doctors in Heaven Sent, I could see Tom Baker or Paul McGann pulling it off possibly, but it really is a story tailor made for Capaldi to shine in, an outstanding hour of TV and one of the best episodes in the entire series Nod

Although I feel Jodie is perhaps miscast, she's a much better actress than the scripts she has to work with in Who, perhaps a Heaven Sent for the 13th Doctor would be an interesting experiment, a solo experimental episode without the fam could allow a chance to explore her doctor in much more detail...or might just lead to a hour of scrunched face gurning and point out how thin the characterisation of the 13th Doctor has been so far...

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Apr 16, 2020 5:54 pm

{{Well we know 2 of the actors, who play Ryan and Graham, are leaving before next series- if Chibbers is smart for once he won't bring in any other companions just leave it 13 and Yaz- two characters in desperate need of development.

Rumours also flying that Moffat might be returning in an executive producer role. }}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Thu Apr 16, 2020 6:19 pm

Interesting thought. I think Jodie deserves the chance to shine, but we probably need brave guest writer for that. ... *reads Petty's post* Goodness me... If this is true then we're in for some interesting times! Shocked

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Thu Apr 16, 2020 6:21 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:

Rumours also flying that Moffat might be returning in an executive producer role. }}

Wait, what?? Where did you read that? another twitter/youtube rumour doing the rounds?

IIRC Chibnall was hired on a 3 series contract and commented about having a 5 year plan...maybe the viewing figures/delay from coronavirus has forced a rethink, Series 13 might not arrive until early 2022 at this rate, and I'm assuming the BBC wouldn't hand the show onto a new showrunner in 2023 (the year of the 60th anniversary) then again I don't think anyone expects Chibnall to stay as long as RTD or Moffat did.

Maybe Moffat could return in the handover to the next showrunner in an advisory executive position (akin to Barry Letts returning as executive producer in 1980 during Tom Baker's last season/John Nathan-Turner's first year as showrunner), but at this point in time I find it very unlikely he'd want anything major to do with the show, having already spent the better part of a decade as showrunner, the poor bloke needs a break sometimes!

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Apr 16, 2020 6:24 pm

{{ Oh yes just a rumour mill thing so far. On otherhand he has been quite active in both the lockdown rewatches of his era, and in having good things to say about the 13th Doctor- and his short story he recently wrote and which I provided a link to somewhere above does have 13 as the Doctor- and he writes her far better than Chibbers has or any of his writers- she still has a gob on her but its no longer pointless meaningless rubbish she spouts and she has chracter and presence. Two things shehas been sorely lacking so far.
So who knows Wink maybe its wet his appetite again. }}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Thu Apr 16, 2020 6:28 pm

If anything I think it's more likely RTD could return, he's been away from the series much longer than Moffat and has kept very active with more writing/showrunning projects (he's also heavily involved with Big Finish's Torchwood audios in an advisory capacity, helping to plan out story arcs/reading scripts/casting suggestions etc), he worked closely with Julie Gardner and Jane Tranter during his years on the show and they have set up a production company together:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bad_Wolf_(production_company)

There were rumours last year that the BBC may be looking to farm out production to an independent production company in the next few years, perhaps they could make a big for it and persuade RTD to return in some capacity.

Also worth noting that RTD had discussions with Moffat about writing a 12th Doctor episode, I'm not sure how far along the script got before it fell through (due to RTD's other commitments) but a storyline was at least discussed/sketched out...

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Apr 16, 2020 7:25 pm

{{ Given the friendship between RTD and Moffat I'd be surprised if an RTD led company got inovled he wouldnt try to get Moffat onboard.
Dunno if anyone read the tweets for Heaven Sent but one of the most interestng things I felt Moffat said was about what he writes as showrunner versus freelance writer as he was under RTD-

'As showrunner, here's what you mainly write.
Ep 1s. Bombastic, highly sugared restatements of the show. It's back and it's loud and there's running!! Usually incredibly popular at the time, before fading quickly in the memory. Chocolate basically. Love ep 1s and (radical) every ep1 of Modern Who is superb.
Finales. Great fun. It's the END OF THE UNIVERSE. Again. But WORSE. Ep1 finally gets out-bombasted. Writing at the top of your lungs for most of the second part.
Christmas. It's the most Christmassy Christmas ever. Or rather it's Dr Who with a bit more Christmas.
And of course there was always the endless rewriting and fixing and now and then you'd pop up mid-season with a basic bit of arc-maintenance - so eventually I missed just writing an episode. Esp quirky departures from the beaten path like I'd done for Russell.'- Moffat

So I could see an appeal for him in coming back as a writer with RTD in the more executive role and Chibbers still officialy as head writer under RTD guidance.
Probably just wishful thinking though! }}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Thu Apr 16, 2020 7:42 pm

Nagual wrote:A new short story "The terror of the Umpty Ums" by Steven Moffat.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/doctorwho/entries/a094ba61-81b2-465b-9b87-2f509fe2a117

I read it and I really liked it! Very Happy

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Apr 16, 2020 7:52 pm

I love you return of RTD. I hope so.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Apr 18, 2020 1:03 am

{{ Talking RTD the latest global watchalong. }}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun May 10, 2020 9:08 pm

{{ Watching the Zygon two parter watchalong. Interesting to see what writers and actors have to say about THAT speech. First we have writer Peter Harkness-

Peter ad-libbed this accent. It wasn't in the script, but I think it's terrific. Hughie Greene.

I'm probably just going to shut up and listen to him now.

It was a bit scary to think of resolving this whole action-packed story with a monologue in a room - and it took a lot of writing and re-writing to get it right. Looking through all the drafts and stuff, it was still changing up until the day we shot it.

This monologue started out long - and just got longer and longer. I think in the first draft that scene was five pages - you NEVER have scenes that are five pages long! And by the shooting script it was something like ten or eleven.

You have to give it up for Daniel Nettheim’s work here. That’s a daunting thing to shoot. And they did continuous takes. But really, not very many, as I remember. It’s got that kind of raw, tingling, theatrical energy to it. The thrill of a live performance.

I was terrified that such a long monologue would alienate people - terrified about how people would take it . That kind of thing isn’t done on TV any more. Felt like a huge risk. …But thanks to a lot of very clever people, I think it. worked.

The American Ambassador was on a set visit for this. Apparently, he applauded after Peter had finished. This kind of thing is frowned upon on set. But still very good to hear.

Wife: “Bloody hell, he is amazing, isn’t he?”

Yes, he bloody well is.

Bit of a tear in the eye now.

And Ingird Oliver who plays Osgood-

Peter doing this speech was the most extraordinary thing I’ve ever witnessed. Filmed it 3 times, pages of dialogue, each time he did something different. We were all crying, all of us - Jenna, Jemma & me. Was a nightmare for continuity. Extraordinary writing by @mrpeterharness

I tell you, working with Peter sometimes you forget to act you just sort of stand back and go “Bloody hell. That’s how it’s done.”

And in case you missed it- the speech in question (though like all good speeches in drama its best viewed in the context of the whole)- }}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat May 23, 2020 5:18 pm

{{ Lots of Doctor together!!! cheers }}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon May 25, 2020 9:55 pm

{{ THis is fun. Impressionist John Culshaw does an A-Z of impressions, with a Doctor Who flavour (Ricky Gervais doing 4's 'indomitable humans' speech from Ark in Space is a personal favourite so far Very Happy . }}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu May 28, 2020 5:00 pm

{{ Exciting Big finish news- the 4th and 10th Doctor are teamed together for first time in a new drama! Must have been a thrill for Tennant in particular as Tom was his Doctor growing up, even went to get Tom's autograph when he was signing in Glasgow.}}

All New Who - Page 11 DWSPOOT1-outoftime1-1417-e5831c6-jpg

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat May 30, 2020 12:04 am

{{ Long Song from Rings of Akenaten, sung by fan Choir }}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun May 31, 2020 4:20 pm

{{ Short by Russel T Davies, staring Tennant as 10 and Anna Hope reviving her role as Novice Hame (the cat nurses ) }}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Sun May 31, 2020 9:34 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:{{ Exciting Big finish news- the 4th and 10th Doctor are teamed together for first time in a new drama! Must have been a thrill for Tennant in particular as Tom was his Doctor growing up, even went to get Tom's autograph when he was signing in Glasgow.}}

All New Who - Page 11 DWSPOOT1-outoftime1-1417-e5831c6-jpg

That does sound like it could be fun, and it gets more exciting than that...it's actual the first story in a trilogy, and Big Finish have hinted that the other two stories may also mix and match Classic/New Doctors Smile study scratch

Nick Briggs has strongly hinted that David Tennant has recently been recording more stories with Big Finish during the Lockdown (Tom Baker has been recording BF stories from his home as well) so it's possible that he's going to be in the other two stories as well, also it was recently leaked that

10th Doctor Big Finish spoilers/rumours :

Failing that...perhaps BF have persuaded Matt Smith or Peter Capaldi to get involved (given the current worldwide pandemic I'd imagine they've consider any work they are offered, Big Finish audios can even be recorded from their own home)?

Also in semi-related but interesting news...it seems possible that Christopher Eccleston may have recorded something for Big Finish as well! Shocked  Shocked  scratch  confused

https://www.reddit.com/r/gallifrey/comments/gt5sgm/potential_eccleston_big_finish_leak/

...They said on twitter that the 'Christopher Eccleston' contributor page was a red herring/false trail for people looking for spoilers/leaks (not sure I buy that explanation personally), but interestingly the contributor pages before and after seem to list people who have been in/written stories that haven't been released yet, for reference here is a screenshot of the page as it was:

All New Who - Page 11 I3sx1QJ

....but now if you follow the link above it lists a 'Kit Williams' instead.

https://www.bigfinish.com/contributors/v/11556

I dunno..something seems very odd about this, would BF really go to such lengths merely to stop a few vague leaks? And why use that particular name when presumably they'd want to work with Eccleston at some point if he was interested? Why did they change the name listed on the page if it was going to to be discovered?

Eccleston has recently been attending fan conventions, and has always spoke warmly of the character and fans of the show (even if his experience making Series 1 wasn't exactly a good one) he's a experienced voice actor, perhaps with the lockdown going on and film/tv productions being stopped he's decided to record something? (Not necessarily Doctor Who, BF does alot of other content)

Suspect scratch

Very interesting...

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum