chris63
halfwise
Forest Shepherd
18 posters

Page 34 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

Tales of Home [9] - Page 34 Empty Re: Tales of Home [9]

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Mar 05, 2020 11:49 pm

Thanks, I hope everyone here in Forumshire keeps safe and well. Wear masks on public transport, and in crowded places like supermarkets. The first time you wear a mask it might feel a bit silly, because its not something we are used to, but its sensible really because it protects you and your family. Remember everything you touch that somebody else has touched could be a risk. So ATM machines, door handles, coins, petrol pump handles, touch screens. Use hand gel and don't touch your face. When you arrive home the first thing to do is wash your hands, and then wash your face because the flu virus likes to live on your cheeks. I read that in a science article and it freaked me out. So wash it. Also if things get really bad wear goggles in crowded places, and take your shoes off at the door, and don't walk in the house with outdoor shoes. All these things sound daft, but we are living in daft times.

Shocked
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Tue Mar 10, 2020 2:21 pm

Laughing That's our guy!

https://www.businessinsider.com/coronavirus-us-allies-disbelief-donald-trump-bad-covid-19-response-2020-3

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Mar 10, 2020 5:39 pm

The whole of Italy is now in lock-down. No  we are being told to stay at home unless its for work or medical stuff and people need special permission to drive. Shocked  They have stopped all flights.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:49 pm

{{ Take care Figg! These are scary times. Personally I'm banking on whatever the mould on my kilt is fighting off anything else before it gets to me Twisted Evil
But working in a hotel its bound to get round to me eventually I suppose Mad }}

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Tue Mar 10, 2020 10:11 pm

Yes Figgles, take good care of yourself !!!

Tales of Home [9] - Page 34 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Tales of Home [9] - Page 34 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Wed Mar 11, 2020 1:19 pm

Had to laugh at this, hope it cheers you up--------

"UK Virus ALERT
The English are feeling the pinch in relation to recent virus threat and have therefore raised their threat level from “Miffed” to “Peeved.” Soon, though, level may be raised yet again to “Irritated” or even “A Bit Cross.”
The English have not been “A Bit Cross” since the blitz in 1940 when tea supplies nearly ran out.
The virus has been re-categorized from “Tiresome” to “A Bloody Nuisance.” The last time the British issued a “Bloody Nuisance” warning level was in 1588, when threatened by the Spanish Armada.
The Scots have raised their threat level from “Pissed Off” to “Let's Get the Bastard.” They don't have any other levels. This is the reason they have been used on the front line of the British army for the last 300 years.
The French government announced yesterday that it has raised its alert level from “Run” to “Hide.” The only two higher levels in France are “Collaborate” and “Surrender.” The rise was precipitated by a recent fire that destroyed France's white flag factory, effectively paralyzing the country's military capability.
Italy has increased the alert level from “Shout Loudly and Excitedly” to “Elaborate Military Posturing.” Two more levels remain: “Ineffective Combat Operations” and “Change Sides.”
The Germans have increased their alert state from “Disdainful Arrogance” to “Dress in Uniform and Sing Marching Songs.” They also have two higher levels: “Invade a Neighbour” and “Lose.”
Belgians, on the other hand, are all on holiday as usual; the only threat they are worried about is NATO pulling out of Brussels.
The Spanish are all excited to see their new submarines ready to deploy. These beautifully designed subs have glass bottoms so the new Spanish navy can get a really good look at the old Spanish navy.
Australia, meanwhile, has raised its alert level from “No worries” to “She'll be alright, Mate.” Two more escalation levels remain: “Crikey! I think we'll need to cancel the barbie this weekend!” and “The barbie is cancelled.” So far, no situation has ever warranted use of the final escalation level.
The Russians have said “Its not us”
Note: I have adapted this slightly from an original monty python script to highlight the bullshit and hysteria ongoing on about this virus .. that’s the “real” bit ..have a nice day.
— feeling amused."
Very Happy

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Mar 11, 2020 4:42 pm

{{ Laughing }}

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Mar 11, 2020 4:52 pm

{{ Some snaps I've taken over last few weeks. Its been one storm after another, but made for some interesting lighting, colours and clouds. }}

Tales of Home [9] - Page 34 20200309-065632

Tales of Home [9] - Page 34 20200309-070006

Tales of Home [9] - Page 34 20200309-070405

Tales of Home [9] - Page 34 20200309-070429

Tales of Home [9] - Page 34 20200218-163729

Tales of Home [9] - Page 34 20200218-163146

Tales of Home [9] - Page 34 20200218-163829

Tales of Home [9] - Page 34 20200218-163852

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:34 pm

{{ So the other weekend the psychics were back at the hotel doing their psychicy stuff. On the Saturday this involved their big 'show' in the ballroom, which in the evening culminates in a select (higher paying no doubt) few taking part in the seance.
After which they have a drink in the bar and everyone sods off to bed.
Which is when I turn up for work and have to go into said, now in darkness, ballroom to rearrange all the tables and chairs...

...I think I should ask for a pay rise for this job. pale Mad }}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed Mar 11, 2020 6:07 pm

I suppose they are having fireworks in bed, in a psychic sort of way.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Mar 11, 2020 6:56 pm

great photos Petty Thumbs Up
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:20 pm

This seems to be a common occurrence for you doesn't it ? Looks like the bloody "Exorcist" Smile Are you wandering around "Bates Motel" on your own ? fook that, your braver than me !

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:22 pm

Tales of Home [9] - Page 34 Sky10

Had a Mackerel Sky the other night. looked like have the bones of a huge Whale over my head

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:32 pm

This seems to be a common occurrence for you doesn't it ?- Az

{{ So it seems! Bloody typical, just my luck! Mad Of course its always stuff that could be inocculous, just also might not be.
And of course I hardly ever get anything on camera. On the weekend there I decided the hotel was trying to see if it could give me a heart attack.
First I was in the large kitchen, at one end making a cup of tea, when a bunch of the plastic jugs at the other end of the room clattered to the floor off a high shelf, making me jump out my skin at the sudden noise, scold my hand with hot tea, and meant I had to pick all the bloody jugs up. Mad
An hour or so later I was doing a security patrol, was on the top floor, the 3rd floor, in the main long corridor when the fire door suddenly slammed closed in my face for no reason, nearly giving me my second heart attack of the night.
And in a final attempt to finish me off when I was in the ballroom gents toilet and was just about to exit the hand dryer on the far wall behind me, the sort with a big round button on the front you press to activate, started up whirring and blasting air all on its own causing my heart to skip for a third time! Mad
Worst part is is I bloody hate jump scares, cheap trick! Mad }}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:47 pm

Just think of it as the luggage in the Color of Magic. That will give you a nice base to start with the foibles of inanimate objects.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:17 pm

And like that Luggage from Monsieur Pratchett my legs would be down that bloody path faster than a bullet. Someone's trying to tell you something Petty old bean, you either run or, get some mates in & get blind drunk, or, get some more mates in & ask if "anyone" wants to say something ?
pale

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sat Mar 14, 2020 2:11 am

So all establishments such as bars and restaurants have been ordered to reduce seating to half maximum capacity, and if a standing area ensure it never exceeds half capacity. This essentially prohibits live performances without saying so. The city government is smarter than I would have suspected: the main thing that drags New Yorkers out of their neighborhoods is entertainment.

I went to the jazz bar that cut my teeth on live music within walking distance. Friday night, no music and half empty. I told them I suspected this would be the case but came to support them anyway and would be back. Left a large tip and sadly walked home.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Mar 14, 2020 11:57 am

Hope you and yours are safe and well. Just giving you an update on the situation here and some information that may be of importance.
The situation here is that we are in total lock-down, which means everything is shut apart from pharmacies, supermarkets and essential services. Basically if you saw the images coming out of Wuhan, it looks like that, with deserted streets and everyone at home, and we are 10 days ahead of the UK. You have to get official permission to travel to work by car, and if they catch you on a journey which is just for pleasure you can be given a massive fine of a few thousand euros. You can travel by car if you are food shopping however. There are long lines of people in masks standing outside food shops 2 meters apart
Anyway back to the news, we have had reports here that the UK government, Johnson and his sinister mate Cummings who thinks eugenics is cool, has a policy of doing as little as possible to protect the citizens because his 'scientific advisors' have said its better to create a herd immunity, which basically means everyone get infected, get immunity and therefore end the epidemic. Pity then that thousands of old people will be condemned to death. If this is true, its tantamount to murder. The reports here are that Johnson and 'Josef Mengele' Cummings are doing this to protect the economy by keeping industry running, keeping everything running as normal because they are worried about the billions they have already spent on brexit. So basically, protect yourselves those in the UK because that fuckwit Johnson is going to leave the old and vulnerable to rot. He is a liar and a coward, as seen during the floods, so don't let him harm you. He probably isn't as bad as the Orange fuckwit but its a close call. I know people are having a laugh about loo-rolls but when you are in self isolation and you run out you are not going to be happy. I would however suggest that using the Daily Mail is a useful alternative, just cut it up into handy pieces.
anyway keep safe, wash your hands like crazy stock up on Jaffa cakes and sooner or later it will be ok. btw, there have only been 4 new cases in Wuhan so it means lock-down has worked really well
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sat Mar 14, 2020 12:15 pm

Wow, that's really something!  I don't think Italians take well to authority, so it must be quite a bit of psychological stress.

Actually I have to say the two approaches are equally defensible so it comes down to making a political choice.   You can try to strangle the virus before it infects everyone, which is economically painful yet safe, but you know it could come back.  Or you could try to get everyone who's healthy enough to stand it infected while trying to protect those who can't be infected, which means more likely loss of life but in the end a perhaps more resilient population that won't have to go through this again and less economic damage.  But there is some long term lung damage seen even in previously healthy people. Pros and cons to each.

As usual I fall on the moderate side.  Despite Trump's worst tendencies he is begrudgingly letting advice from the most experienced epidemiologist have some influence.  So we are going halfway between the Chinese and British approach - reduce the infection rate but not try to totally strangle it along with the economy.  The coerced policies are just enough that people are actually following them.  Perhaps it's not enough and in 10 days we'll be following Italy and China, but my plots have shown the infection rate has been cut in half and holding steady.  We'll see if we're walking the tightrope appropriately.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Mar 14, 2020 2:18 pm

yep for Italians who are not known for discipline or following orders, its a shock. But everyone seems to be doing the right thing. and I made a mistake earlier, its not a fine but a 3 month prison sentence if you are found driving to another town without permission. Shocked
The good thing is Italians love their families and want to protect the old folk, so are obeying orders. The herd immunity theory is playing Russian roulette because soon there may be a vaccine which means risking the population is an unnecessary risk, also if people are sick they cant work so its a false economy, not to mention people on zero hours who cant take time off to be sick.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Mar 14, 2020 2:30 pm

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Sat Mar 14, 2020 3:39 pm

Hi folks! I've been away for a while.
Washington State where I'm at has some of the highest COVID19 numbers in the nation so we've been coming under stricter rules, school closures etc. Fortunately isolation is a normal way of life out here in the country, so not much changed but it's hard on the folks who rely on school meals and foodbanks to eat. Mom, who is in her 80's usually volunteers at the foodbank, but we've been keeping her close to home for safety. So far all confirmed cases are up in the urban areas near Seattle, and they've got nothing we can't do without...
Stay well!

Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sat Mar 14, 2020 4:16 pm

Good to hear you are well Dave & your mother also Smile  Good to hear you've got common sense because this country has F**K all of that ! Jonathan Pie is right on the money in that video !! I cant look at Facebook anymore because its full of people slagging off other people for being selfish bastards. No paracetamol, no milk as well as no fecking loo roll. Oh god save us ! Humans are savages ! survivalist savages, while that might have helped when we dragged our knuckles across the ground back in the days of the Cave, it shows some haven't made it past the gravel pit. I haven't stocked up anything. I just bumble along. As long as my pets have food & there's a little something for me Im happy. Not only are we getting saturation news as its happening, we'll never hear the end of it when it finally blows over & sinks into the history books. I shall continue radio & tv silence as to be honest its getting on my pip now !
{{{ though I do hope all of you lot are keeping well & your families also !!! }}}

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sat Mar 14, 2020 4:36 pm

Stocking for a few days is a good idea. Just long enough to figure out who will be able to run some supplies to you when you get sick.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Mar 14, 2020 6:39 pm

yep stocking up on essentials is a very good idea. Its human nature to do this, people have been doing it for centuries. It also means that you can reduce the risks associated with contact with crowds in supermarkets to as low as possible. I am planning on doing one large shop per week to cut down exposure. Its important to wear masks, goggles and latex/plastic gloves or use hand gel immediately after touching anything other people have touched, and I mean everything. I am self isolating for 11 days because I have a cough, I have 5 days left in self isolation, because they reckon 11 days is the average incubation period.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Page 34 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 40  Next