chris63
Bluebottle
Eldorion
Amarië
Norc
17 posters

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Just...................whatever [8] - Page 39 Empty Re: Just...................whatever [8]

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:55 am

{{ Im more curious to know what it is they are doing that they are charging £3.50 for? Is it one of those Charity Kissing booth things, only hairy? No }}

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Just...................whatever [8] - Page 39 Empty Re: Just...................whatever [8]

Post by halfwise Fri Jan 31, 2020 2:02 pm

Why bother getting kissed for free when you can do it for 3.50?

My relatives have an entrepreneurial spirit I can only approve of.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Nagual Fri Jan 31, 2020 4:15 pm

Not sure where to put this, so I'm just putting it here... When someone has too much free time on their hands:

Nagual
Nagual
Ringwinner

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Fri Jan 31, 2020 4:43 pm

It's a nice touch that they are all slightly out of sync like a real crowd.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Fri Jan 31, 2020 5:39 pm

Just...................whatever [8] - Page 39 Hyperr10

How about this for a talent ! Im gobsmacked Shocked

Just...................whatever [8] - Page 39 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Just...................whatever [8] - Page 39 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Fri Jan 31, 2020 6:43 pm

I don't fully get what's going on here. Is this a photo that he retouched? Did he create it from scratch?

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Fri Jan 31, 2020 7:06 pm

It's 140 lb paper and graphite. In the making-of video-thing you can see him working off of an iPad, so it's from a photograph. The name is Jono Dry, from South Africa I think.

I first saw this a couple years ago when he posted it to the pics subreddit on reddit. He titled the post, "Throwback to that time I didn't sleep for a couple months doing this pencil drawing", which came across to me as the douchiest title one could imagine. Because of that, I stored his face away in the "punchable" folder.

Sure the art is interesting, although it's hard not see the figure in the eye as being mid-dab.

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Fri Jan 31, 2020 7:56 pm

If that's done all by pencil I'm pretty gobsmacked myself. Not sure what's punchable about posting he didn't sleep much while working on it.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:24 pm

He "didn't sleep", full-stop. On this "pencil drawing". It's what's known as a humble-brag.

And yeah pencils, but graphite pencils. Art pencils, ya know. Not HB Ticonderogas.

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:18 pm

https://www.facebook.com/BlogBnewsTV/videos/2257461214355203/

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:20 pm

https://www.facebook.com/LADbible/videos/1240805666110557/

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:40 pm

I want to learn that trick of bouncing up between two walls.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:40 pm

I just wanna be able to get up lol Smile

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:47 pm

I cannot bear more than two seconds of listening to Robert Peston. I have rarely heard a more pompous and irritating speaking style. He takes one minute between each word. what a dick.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:34 pm

you know when kids put their thumbs to their noses and wiggle their fingers, and go na-na-na naa-na? what is it called, technically?
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Feb 09, 2020 6:08 pm

{{ Does it have a name?! scratch

Sticking this here as though its about games, its sort of about games, and its about chess, sort of about chess, and its about maths and AI, sort of about maths and AI. So um, just...whatever!

Its a good old Amiga 500 playing a modern Mac at a variety of chess games to see if an old chess program on an old machine can beat a modern one. I found it oddly facinating, and not just because I used to play Battle Chess on my Amiga. }}

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:42 pm

Mrs Figg wrote:you know when kids put their thumbs to their noses and wiggle their fingers, and go na-na-na naa-na? what is it called, technically?

From the top of my head I want to say point their nose at, but that doesn't sound quite right.
Google says thumb your nose, and that seems... fairly obvious.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:01 pm

yep it seems too obvious scratch
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:32 pm

I think its called "cocking a snoop",

To place a thumb upon the tip of the nose, typically with the fingers spread and while simultaneously wiggling one's fingers, in a gesture of disrespect. My brother thumbed his nose in reply to my snide remarks. (figuratively) To act disrespectfully, especially by flouting the object of disrespect.

From Wiktionary  Smile

To thumb one’s nose is a gesture of derision. The gesture is achieved by placing one’s thumb on his nose and extending the other fingers, then wiggling the fingers. The effect is of a cock’s comb. The act of thumbing one’s nose as an insult was popular in the 1920s and 1930s, though it has fallen out of use. Interestingly, the phrase thumb one’s nose has come into use as an idiom to mean to show contempt for something or someone, to insult someone or to disrespect someone or something. An idiom is a word, group of words or phrase that has a figurative meaning that is not easily deduced from its literal definition. The term thumb one’s nose came into use at the turn of the twentieth century.

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:37 am

I thought "thumb your nose" was just flicking your thumb across the nose. To trite for the glory that is cock nosing.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:58 am

The animation of the amiga is actually pretty amazing to me. That was what, 35 years ago?

I can't understand why in the first game the Mac sacrificed its queen so early. It was an obviously bonehead move.

Pettytyrant101 wrote:{{ Does it have a name?! scratch

Sticking this here as though its about games, its sort of about games, and its about chess, sort of about chess, and its about maths and AI, sort of about maths and AI. So um, just...whatever!

Its a good old Amiga 500 playing a modern Mac at a variety of chess games to see if an old chess program on an old machine can beat a modern one. I found it oddly facinating, and not just because I used to play Battle Chess on my Amiga. }}

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:03 am

That was what, 35 years ago?- Halfy

{{ 1987 the Amiga 500 came out. It was a great machine for its day, still is and many enthusasts still use it today. }}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:58 am

https://themindcircle.com/jeweled-gun-of-sultan-mahmud-i-dated-1732-1733/?fbclid=IwAR0xwVuxGwXkadNT6GKP1Mfquh6CaSuLlGsYX3sCKQ9uPiJR8ktF164MYRM

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sat Feb 15, 2020 1:08 pm

Oh, the Walter's art gallery! Right next to where I went to grad school. I don't think I or any other students every went inside - tells you how useless students are. Maybe we were put off because they had the temerity to charge admission.

I'd be very surprised if that gun ever worked. Suspect

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:11 pm

Charging admission always puts me off. Id be surprised if it worked also. probably like a lot of things its just for show.

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum