malickfan
Forest Shepherd
azriel
halfwise
Eldorion
22 posters

Page 36 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Amazon, Warner Bros in Talks for LOTR Series Adaptation: Variety - Page 36 Empty Re: Amazon, Warner Bros in Talks for LOTR Series Adaptation: Variety

Post by halfwise Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:53 pm

So not news, just reading ruminations on what roles the characters will take in the TV show. Better than nothing I suppose.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Amazon, Warner Bros in Talks for LOTR Series Adaptation: Variety - Page 36 Empty Re: Amazon, Warner Bros in Talks for LOTR Series Adaptation: Variety

Post by chris63 Wed Aug 05, 2020 2:27 pm

😁😁

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:55 am

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:32 pm

The description of the production scale and detail is certainly satisfying.

Gave up on the second video as pure speculation. If the background music was more interesting I may have stuck with it.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Oct 07, 2020 4:15 am

{{ Oh god no, Klingon tit was bad enough, what are they thinking!!!! Mad One of the good things about Tolkien is that sex goes on where it should in a fantasy novel, in the background somewhere, where you dont have to see it! Nod If you want to watch folk have sex internet is full of the stuff, it doesn't belong in Tolkien, so hoping very much this rumour is just that, a rumour.
Also getting made up Tauriel back as a character is also a terrible idea. Mad }}

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed Oct 07, 2020 1:54 pm

She does give good reason to doubt the rumor.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:57 pm

{{ Which one? If its the sex thing she also gives some evidence to support it too. Just no, please no!
And if you mean Tauriel, I really hope thats a rumour I mean why would you bring her back? Thats like shitting your pants, embarrassing yourself in public, then delibretly shitting yourself again and proudly showing off your steaming dump to everyone Mad No ones going to want that. Why would anyone think its a good idea? Just leave PJ and the Coven's turd of a character where she belongs, in the discarded shit pile. Nod }}

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Oct 07, 2020 5:03 pm

Sounds dire, Tauriel and nudity. Mad
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:05 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:{{ Which one? If its the sex thing she also gives some evidence to support it too. Just no, please no!
And if you mean Tauriel, I really hope thats a rumour I mean why would you bring her back? Thats like shitting your pants, embarrassing yourself in public, then delibretly shitting yourself again and proudly showing off your steaming dump to everyone Mad No ones going to want that. Why would anyone think its a good idea? Just leave PJ and the Coven's turd of a character where she belongs, in the discarded shit pile.  Nod }}

Is this another Trump metaphor? Suspect scratch

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:08 pm

I had no intention of watching this series and haven't kept up with the news or rumours at all, but if Tauriel is in it, at least we will have some great crabbit review by Petty to look forward to Nod

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed Oct 07, 2020 8:06 pm

Oh come now, we still have basically no substantial information about this series other than it's set in the second age and they are recycling the cast of Beverly Hills 90210. I haven't gotten any CERTAIN information yet that convinces me it will be bad. Still hopeful.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Wed Oct 07, 2020 8:29 pm

Well, it's not that I'm not hopeful...I'm just indifferent I guess? The series will more or less be entirely created by the showrunners and will likely be visually similar (or even set within the same canon) as the Jackson films, we know almost no story details and my gut feeling is it will be less Tolkien and more Game Of Thrones eseque. Even if the show is great I'm just not all that interested in watching it (I don't watch much TV anyway) I spent far top much time getting wound up about the Hobbit films, and they less me bitterly dissapointed, probably for the best I just skip this.

Honestly I'm more excited to read the new book:

http://tolkiengateway.net/wiki/The_Nature_of_Middle-earth

or some of the other reasons publications I haven't rad yet.

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:04 pm

Oh, nice choice of editor! I wasn't aware of this.

I've never read HOME either, but I'm actually a bit less interested in his earlier conceptions. From the description it seems this will be a curated tour of the philosophy undergirding middle earth, which is more interesting to me than the evolving versions.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Thu Oct 08, 2020 11:17 am

I hope they don't go down the GoT route. There have been so many programmes that have followed that style since GoT exploded in popularity that this would just be another one.

I dont mind the style of LotRs, the settings... even the style of grass... for me the films just made poor story choices with the characters. If the character writing is good then I would happily watch something in that world again.

The Hobbit in the other hand... F You
Lancebloke
Lancebloke
Tamer and master of Large Metallic Fell Beasts

http://www.lancebloke.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Oct 09, 2020 12:43 am

At this point the only thing I find interesting is the casting of Galadriel, which looks good.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:40 pm

Nudity? And corporeal intercourse of the reproductive sort!?! Mad

If the screenwriters can't tell their story without elves banging dudes and hobbits banging dwarves, then someone needs to step in and take away their laptops.

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:26 am

Well actually, Tolkien did make clear that the first of your two scenarios did happen. Not necessarily during the Second Age, but not out of the question.

As for your second scenario at least the height mismatch is not so great as to immediately evoke the same disturbing transactional images as hobbits and elves.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:58 pm

Forest Shepherd wrote:Nudity? And corporeal intercourse of the reproductive sort!?! Mad

If the screenwriters can't tell their story without elves banging dudes and hobbits banging dwarves, then someone needs to step in and take away their laptops.

Laughing agreed
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:54 am

halfwise wrote:Well actually, Tolkien did make clear that the first of your two scenarios did happen.  Not necessarily during the Second Age, but not out of the question.

As for your second scenario at least the height mismatch is not so great as to immediately evoke the same disturbing transactional images as hobbits and elves.  
Explicit representation of said act notably absent of course!

Halfy:
Wink

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:08 am

Noses get caught in unfortunate places. Embarassed

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:52 am

No

Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:32 am

Shocked
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:51 pm

{{ Pretty sure this is the point to insert a dwarf tossing joke if anyone has one Nod (belongs here more than it does in a Tolkien based film Mad ) }}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Fri Dec 04, 2020 2:19 am

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Fri Dec 04, 2020 3:18 am

Oo my favorite commentator dude. Too bad he mainly has more 90210 cast to announce.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Page 36 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next